Start by marking “Na dostřel” as Want to Read:
Na dostřel

Na dostřel

Další kniha od Taylora Adamse, autora strhujícího thrilleru Není úniku, mistra příběhů o mezních situacích, napínavých v každé vteřině a dramatických až do překvapivého závěru. Mladí manželé James a Elle Eversmanovi projíždějí Mohavskou pouští vstříc novému životu. Nečekaně se jim porouchá auto a oni uvíznou uprostřed pustiny, bez vody, mobilního signálu a jakékoli šance n ...more
Published March 1st 2019 by Kalibr (first published August 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Na dostřel, please sign up.

Start your review of Na dostřel
RedemptionDenied
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, gory, suspense, thriller
This was a tense little thriller, about a serial killer, who uses people as target practice. And he's a damn good shooter, too.

A young couple, James and Eileen Eversman, are on their way to start a new life. At least, that's the plan. On their way, they nearly drive into the ass-end of a cop's car, who's vehicle is left in the middle of the road. Deputy Doogie Howser approaches their yellow Rav4, and apologises. He was inspecting a white truck that is left unattended; with its engine running, A
Sean Peters
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Marketed as " The Most Gripping Suspense Thriller You Will Ever Read"... Is this True...That Is the Question !!

Exciting, fast paced, suspensful thriller, with a action packed plot, with some added humour, although a little far fetched story and a little heavy on the background stories.

This a a difficult book to rate as had some great fast paced action, but then sometimes ruined by slow background stories.

Although the main characters were very good, especially James and Elle Eversman who are a yo
Kelli Wilson
As of this review, the author has published 3 books. I've now read all 3. And my conclusion: Write faster Taylor Adams. I want more!

This one, as well as No Exit and Our Last Night, are solid and real thrillers. And they also have a bit more depth and meaningfulness than you'd expect of an average standalone thriller. It's very light. Author provides them as casual subtleties underlying the main story. Kind of perfectly, because if you don't notice it doesn't take away from the exciting story. I
Neha Singh
**4 Stars**. A very solid & intense thriller!

This has to be the first time I am reading a thriller set in a desert and I loved the setting of this book. A deadly sniper is targeting this young couple - James and Elle Eversman, in the open grounds of Mojave desert. They are completely out in the open with nowhere to go, with only their broken-down car as a protection. Are they going to survive the bullet of this killer? For how long? Will they get the chance to start a new life in Tulsa? - With
Sharon
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Why did I bother to read this?

I didn't like this book. Most of the story was about a sadistic man who got his jollies by trapping people with nowhere to run. Then he would shoot and eventually killing them at his leisure. I thought the book was boring but I did finish it to see how the main characters turned out. The fact that the story ended was it's one redeeming quality.
ChopinFC
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

Eyeshot really surprised me in more ways than I expected. The writing was edgy there was a crescendo suspenseful thriller that started in the beginning of the book and didn't let up until the very end! For those looking for a quick read and an entertaining thriller I highly recommend this book. Full RTC.
Mindy (Naughty Book Snitch)
Buy the book or borrow it from Amazon KU.

I only picked up this book because of Taylor Adams book No Exit, which was phenomenal and most definitely my most favorite read of 2019. But Eyeshot... no, not my kind of book. I would recommend this to my dad, but not for me. It has some interesting moments, but overall I didnt like this. Here is the entire book.... A couples car breaks down in the desert and a sniper is shooting at them. The end.

description
Nicholas Masters
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Wow, what a brilliant debut novel.
Although the book focused on a an event that encompassed only a few hours and a few characters, the suspense build-up was absolutely brilliant.

The flash-back character development was carried out brilliantly, too a point where I was definitely emotionally invested. Not to mention that the ending was played out exceptionally well.

I look forward to your new editions.
Marian Phair
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the most gripping, fast-paced books I have read in a long time. This author will have you on the edge of your seat from the get-go. I couldn't put it down...I didn't put it down until the end. I highly recommend this book, and will be purchasing more of his works. I have added him to my 'Favourite Author' list.
Jon Gregory
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Difficult to review this without sounding like all the other 5 star reviewers, however, I simply couldn't put it down. The story slowly builds for the first 20-30 pages, then takes off, gets inside you and doesn't let go. I constantly had to stop myself and look at his writing to see how he could pull this off - it's simply a fast, slick story that doesn't waste a word. At no time did I see a sentence or turn of phrase that stopped the flow of the story.

This is no airport Jack Reacher paperback
Arwen LD
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been looking for a book recently that really grips me and have been left disappointed before Eyeshot. From start to finish, I was enthralled with this story. While I, admittedly, don't read many thrillers, Adams tag line is highly appropriate...this was the most gripping suspense thriller I've ever read. It is excellent!
Dawn Allen
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eyeshot is Speed on steroids. It's been a while since I had a book grab me by the throat increasing pressure with each page but this one did. Lock your doors and windows and only read in daylight.
Pat
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Nice try, but overdone

Good try at terror, violence and brutality - but a bit overdone, tended to get tiresome. Too much ? Yes
Christopher Lawson
4.25 stars.
Intense, drawn-out, twisted, suspenseful!
Gina Adams
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Taylor Adams is truly a FORCE in the action thriller genre. His books would make outstanding films. They are so action packed and exciting. Eyeshot was short in comparison to a lot of books but the characters each had their own personalities and the story never found a lull. I will admit the ending was a tad fast but then again everything happened fast in this book. Most of the story takes place in about a 6-hour window. Adams’ concepts are brilliant and he executes them wonderfully. I can’t WAI ...more
Adrian Lawrence
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like a book to grab my attention from the beginning then hold on to it throughout. This is one of those nail biting books. There's heaps of tension and suspense on every page that would make for an excellent film. The characterisation is so solid it had me almost liking the bad guys as well as the main protagonists. With a touch of humour thrown in as well, you can't not love this book.
Michelle
Eyeshot seriously has to be one of the best and most riveting books that I have read in a long time. It kept me on the edge of my seat from the word go and I found it practically impossible to put down.
This book would make an excellent movie in my opinion. It was amazing how the author managed to make such a thrilling read that stayed interesting in a situation where the scenery and characters didn't change for over 95% of the book.
To be honest, there were some developments in the plot that wer
Teresa Collins
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HIGHLY recommend this book. It grabs you from the first few pages and never lets go. The tension continues to mount until you think you aren't going to be able to catch your next breath. Well written, tight with very few typographical errors, it is one of those books that you almost hate to have grab a hold of you because you know you aren't going to be able to do anything else except read until you finish it! The characters are so well fleshed out that you really begin to care about them and ca ...more
Valerie Downs
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hated it, and I loved it.

It's an understatement to say this is a thriller. I was caught up in it so fast that it was all I could think about. The characters are interesting and real. It causes the readers to wonder what goes on in people's psyche that causes them to deviate so far from the norm. If I need to clarify that I hated it, it's because I think the world has a lot more people out there like this, just under the radar. But we pretend it's not so. I didn't hate the book, but it was quit
Lynn Mccarthy
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everybody
With this book I was sucked into the story immediately and it never let me go till i had finished the book.
James and Ellie travel to a new home but before they can get there they are attacked by a sniper out in desert with no place to hide.Another group of people comes along and is also caught in the same trap ( that makes 5) but how many will get out if any?. You will have to read this book to see you will not be disappointed.
A thrilling book I just devoured it.
I think this book would make a gr
Jaclyn
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Thrilling, scary, funny, and surprisingly sweet. This is a badass survival story that's impossible to put down. Underneath all the action and suspense, there's also a surprisingly touching romance. The villain is terrifying and expertly written; he gets under your skin. I especially loved the little bits of humor sprinkled throughout. Even if thrillers aren't really your cup of tea, give this one a shot (haha, pun!). I loved this book. LOVED it.
Debbie
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't normally read this type of book, but WOW! This was such a fast pace, thrilling survival story. The characters are developed so well that I was hooked in the first chapter. The hero in the story draws from trauma in his youth to outsmart the villain. You will fall in love with the hero and heroine. I definitely would recommend this book. I received this book for a fair and honest review. This book is a keeper.
Jeannie Lemley
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EYESHOT!!!

If you like suspenseful stories, read this book! It's very 'gripping' - like they described. And nail biting, pulse quickening, all things that make a good suspense story! The plot was very original, unlike anything I've ever read. A far out idea that could actually happen! I sure don't want to drive through the desert anytime soon!! Yep, I highly recommend this book! And any book by this author, Taylor Adams!
David Jarrett
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an exciting little book. I say little, because, in my view, it is somewhat short to be called a novel. The plot is interesting, though extremely far-fetched. I would be very surprised if, in the real world, the protagonists and antagonist would be able to accomplish the feats they did. Nevertheless, it was a fast-paced read that held my interest until the end.
Kiana
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-thriller
This book should have a warning label. I was sucked into the plot immediately and became captivated as the events unfolded like an inflatable raft - not the kind that gradually expands as you blow into a valve and become dizzy from lack of oxygen - the kind that you pull a ripcord and, WHUMP, suddenly it's there in front of you, filling the room.
A.K. Smith
An adrenaline ride in the desert

A dark twisty plot of a couple caught on a detour with a madman in the desert. Speed read through a lot of the details regarding guns and sniper techniques, but had to finish to find out how it ended.
Nancy M Davis
Way Too Busy

It's like the author set out to write a maze for the reader. Full of unnecessary asides and twists, detracting from an already unlikely plot line. Mediocre
Jeannette Lawrence
From the start to the finish I was gripped. I really had to be dragged away ..i didn't want to put it down. Extremely well written with an unexpected twist. I would definitely recommend.
SH
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book an interesting read, it is packed with excitement and suspense. However, not all of the actions were believable. It seems hard to belief and accept that a few unarmed characters can beat a snipper, or that Elle successfully shoots the deputy even though it is not said that she can actually shoot a gun. If it were more convincing I would have regarded the book as more successful and would have recommend it to be published, yet it was not. Nor did I find the novel that revolution ...more
Cynthia (Bingeing On Books)
I absolutely LOVED No Exit, so I was eager to read more from the same author. This one was just meh. Here is the plot: a couple gets stranded in the desert and there is a sniper from an unknown location shooting at them. That's basically it. It started out very well. I was excited about their predicament and how they were going to get out of it. There was a lot of suspense there. This book wasn't super long, but 290 pages of a sniper shooting at these people was a LOT. There were also random mem ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• De kraamhulp
  • Kam reikalingi verkiantys vyrai
  • Černobylis: pasaulis po trečiojo pasaulinio karo
  • Den nionde graven (Fabian Risk, #2)
  • Adata
  • Nėra vietos dviem
  • The Exiled
  • Kažkas naujo, arba 47A
  • Habit (Titan, #1)
  • Kabinetas 339
  • The Toybreaker (Dr Hannah Nightingale, #1)
  • Kolibri (Anna Fekete, #1)
  • Squeezed
  • Lizos butas
  • Meilės prekeiviai
  • Suspicion of Innocence (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #1)
  • STANDPOINT (Thomas Bladen #1)
  • The Executioner (Robert Hunter, #2)
Taylor Adams directed the acclaimed short film And I Feel Fine in 2008 and graduated Eastern Washington University with the Excellence in Screenwriting Award and the prestigious Edmund G. Yarwood Award. His directorial work has screened at the Seattle True Independent Film Festival and his writing has been featured on KAYU-TV’s Fox Life blog. He has worked in the film/television industry for sever ...more

Articles featuring this book

Need another excuse to go to the bookstore this week? We've got you covered with the buzziest new releases of the day. To create our...
“to be cursed with a brain like a bag of cats” 1 likes
“You don't smile when you're holding on. You smile when you're letting go.” 1 likes