Start by marking “J is for... (BDSM Checklist #10)” as Want to Read:
J is for... (BDSM Checklist #10)

J is for...

(BDSM Checklist #10)

J is for... nothing?

There's nothing on the BDSM checklist that starts with the letter J. That should mean Grif and Davina, an established Dom/sub pair, will have an easy weekend. But when the overseers of Las Palmas, LA's most exclusive BDSM club, challenge them to push their personal boundaries, they'll find that they don't know each other as well as they think.

A simple c
Published March 2019

To ask other readers questions about J is for..., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about J is for...

Cheryl   Graham-Petit
J is for... secrets, trust, intimacy, love, and so much more.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
Cheryl   Graham-Petit
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
J is for... secrets, trust, intimacy, lots of feels, humor, challenges, hot scenes, love, and so much more.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
Aerin
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
No matter how wild and crazy the setting might be: supernatural creatures, intergalactic empires, reverse harems of shapeshifters, the things that make for a successful book are always pretty basic. People who the reader can engage with in some way doing things that entertain or teach. And I love the BDSM Checklist series because the plotlines always grow out of the essential weirdnesses of the human condition.

At its core, BDSM is a set of guidelines that grew from a community of people who shar
Kerry
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the BDSM Checklist series and this one is no exception. This one is a little bit different than previous ones but it in no way means this is any less amazing or sexy as previous letters of the alphabet in the series! Grif and Davina are a 'bonded' pair that pretty much play by rote. Both assume they know each other well but both soon realise that, as the letter J poses one of the biggest challenges to date, there is so much more at stake than the 'game' played at Las Palmas.

L.DuBois once
Louise
J is for... is the latest book in the BDSM Checklist series (now known as the Standalone Billionaire Club Romance). The books are set at Las Palmas, a private BDSM club in Los Angeles that caters to the very, very wealthy. Sounds like a fairytale? Of course! But that’s what makes it fun!

The Overseers of the Club, having decided that members were getting a bit too complacent in their play, have created a “game” in which partners are paired up and assigned a letter of the alphabet to explore. Unl
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read the previous books in this series, and I can honestly say that each book is better than the last. I was so surprised and happy that J was quite different from the previous books. This series so special to me. Each story is unique.

Davina and Grif are bonded lovers, friends and partners in their BDSM relationship. That being said, they are strangers to each other. There is no relationship outside of the club. The club overseers issue Grif and Davina a challenge, which will have them q
Right from the beginning, I could tell that this book was different from the other books in the series (so far). There is more going on here than you can see, to begin with, more than just a game thrown at them by the overseers. It's more than just something to knock them out of their comfort zones, and that is what made this such an amazing read.

Davina and Grif are in a D/s relationship, but only inside the club. They know nothing about each other in the real world, but know everything about e
Melanie Marnell
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intimate Strangers

Love with the proper stranger. The concept of two people being in a very intimate BDSM relationship for two years and not knowing anything personal about one another is intriguing.  Lila Dubois explores this concept fully, building the intensity to culminate in a few "aha" moments. Life often throws us off balance and when we right ourselves it's often in a better new normal.

Davina and Grif are lovers, friends and equal partners in their BDSM relationship. They have familiarit
Robin
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe in this case J is for... Journey.
We focus on the main characters in the Checklist books, but I would like to bring to light the Overseers who orchestrate this game.
If you pay attention you can see that it is more than just some random drawing out of a hat to match players with letters.
I think they are quite devious and have put a lot of thought and consideration into their selections.
For more than the purpose of broadening the BDSM experience, but I think they fancy themselves as a kind of
TinaMarie
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
J is my New Favorite Letter!!

Davina and Grif are members of an exclusive BDSM club. They have been bonded for two years, so know each other fairly well – within the walls of the club. They do not know each other’s last names or any personal details outside their carefully scripted interactions.

Mon Le Bon
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love the BDSM setting for these books and this one is no different. We're up to the letter J with sub/dom duo Griff and Davina not knowing what their letter holds.
Griff and Davina seem like the perfect couple, but they actually don't know as much about each other as they would like, and are scared to take their 'relationship' to the next level. In this novel, there were moments of complete angst when letting go of the past is easier said than done and mis-communication happens. This story is
Joyce
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The BDSM checklist is the Bomb!!
In this series Lila writes all about what starts with the letters of the alphabet. It's so cool to learn about all the things you can do with each letter and each other. LA Palma is the place to be if you want to know about all the kinks in BDSM.
J IS FOR... is an awsome read. Grif and Davina needed to change the routine and the letter J opened the lines of communication and brought out there true unsaid feelings which got them closer together. They are a fun, cont
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
J is my New Favorite Letter!!

Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing

When they are assigned the letter “J” in a game designed to inspire the members in the club, there are consequences that could never have been imagined. A dynamic shift in the relationship which might ruin everything.

I am enjoying thi
Samm Lynn
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have read every Checklist book and while I was disappointed in H, all of them have been great including this one.

I believe this is our first bonded pair to play the game. With both Davina and Grif being switches and with nothing on the checklist for J, the Overseers prove once again how in tune they are with the members of Las Palmas (I swear that all of them have a masters in psychology and observation). There are a couple of intriguing scenes but the best part about this story is Grif and Da
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I may sound like a broken record with my reviews for this series but again Lila Dubois has delivered another great book in the checklist series with J is for.... I loved how this couple and their checklist felt different from the previous books in that, yes they are a bonded couple but their roles in this game became out of the norm for both of them and that pushed them to their limits. They both learned more about themselves in this game at the club than their previous times together and that l ...more
Gab
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Davina and Grif are a bonded pair at the Club and their weekends there are ... "satisfactory" and predictable for both. Other than that they know nothing about each other.
When they get the letter J as their challenge from the devious club managers, they are in for a surprise.
Striving to meet the challenge they, very slowly, tumble into forbidden territory. Too many feelings, not enough communication.
But! When they dare to open up the surprises just tumble out of the ... , no not woodwork, out
Nicole Lintemuth
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Another great installment of the checklist series! And it's so much of what we have come to expect: hot scenes, great interesting characters, good character growth. But also so very different because for the letter J the checklist is empty! I really liked Grif a whole lot, he might be one of my favorite guys yet. My only sadness with this book was that you didn't get to see any of the other couples at work in this one. It doesn't take away from the story at all, but I always love those check ins ...more
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grif and Davina have been bonded BDSM partners for a couple of years at Las Palmas. They are a perfect pairing sexually, but drawing the letter J in the checklist game ends up sending Davina into a tailspin, leaving Grif desperately trying to understand what went wrong before he loses the woman he loves.

Lila DuBois once again serves up a compelling, sensuous, and steamy romance with highly likable characters and an emotional storyline. Those hot and sexy BDSM scenes are droolworthy! I loved it.
Pauline Hallick
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think there would be anything for J, and then when I read Jewelry, the only thing I could imagine was the collar.

L. DuBois does it again with J is for ...

Grif and Davina are both switches. Davina was hurt in the past and isn't willing to truly trust anyone enough again to totally submit. She needs complete bondage where she can fight and struggle. Jewelry doesn't allow her to do this.

Can she finally let go of her past and let the love in her heart win?

Great read
Judi
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
J is for...just friends, right?

Grif and Davina are a bonded pair, but they don’t see each other outside of La Palmas. When their alphabet challenge brings them to a crossroads will they break apart or become more? Again amongst the sexy sensual world of BDSM we see the real people behind the masks of control. I love that these two individuals have been equals and in this world partners. Surprising twists give this sexy fun read an emotional jolt and make it also a sweet falling in love story.
lovestoread
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, I love Grif! And Davina is a perfect match for him.

Bonded for a while, but never seeing each other outside the club. The challenge is jewelry, simple but is it? Their dynamic is flexible, whatever the mood they work with it, but something changes during the play.

Can they work through the change, talk it through, accept it and work with it or has it caused damage to their relationship?

You bet they are going to try!
Lissa
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A physical AND psychological sensual experience!! Loved Davina and Grif’s story!! Extremely captivating from the very start, easy to get into the story and hard to put it down!! Every aspect is so well described, so well written that you feel every emotion and every physical touch! I don’t want to summarize the story as I don’t want to spoil it for future readers, but, just know that the experience will leave you breathless!!! Loved it! Bravo Lila!!!
Catherine Perkins
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another long home run, out of the park. For a fairly short novel, the story of Grif and Davina runs you through a rollercoaster of emotions. You, truly, feel for the characters and wish you could have a story, like that, written about YOUR life. Oh, and did I mention the amazingly hot BDSM scenes. Oh lordy, where's the spray bottle, it's getting hot in here. Never knew the alphabet could be so much fun.
Jennifer Crutchfield
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 Stars! Book 10 in the BDSM checklist series. Can be read and enjoyed as stand-alone. Told in dual POV with HEA and no cheating. I liked that even thought there were no specific kinks for the letter J Davinia and Grif were still challenged. They had to step out of their comfort zone to learn to trust each other and themselves in order to find the balance to take their relationship to the next level. Loved this quick steamy read!
Lissa
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A physical AND psychological SENSUAL experience!! Loved Davina and Grif’s story!! Extremely captivating from the very start, easy to get into the story and hard to put it down!! Every aspect is so well described, so well written that you feel every emotion and every physical touch! I don’t want to summarize the story as I don’t want to spoil it for future readers, but, just know that the experience will leave you breathless!!! Loved it! Bravo Lila!!!

Alex
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Davina and Grif are a bonded pair based on a partnership which does not go outside the walls of Las Palmas. The couple believe they know each other's needs and wants. The letter J is assigned to Davina and Grif which proves to be a challenge in self-discovery and awareness for the couple. L. DuBois continues to cleverly address each letter with unique characters and letter challenges. J surprisingly demonstrates the most romantic side of the letters thus far.
Leanne Bryson
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bonded lovers for 2 years that don't know anything about the other outside of their cocoon of their BDSM club!! Grif and Davina want more but are afraid to act. Lila DuBois' Checklist books are all unique and each couple so interesting. This book as in all this series, focuses on one couple with a unique situation and how it resolves. The book moves quickly, is a page turner, and a great read!!
I am voluntarily reviewing an Advance Reader Copy of this book
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Dubois never ceases to amaze me with her writing. I was drawn in, and did not want to stop spending time with Grif and Davina. Las Palmas is where their BDSM lifestyle starts and stops; or so they both thought. It's not a long book, but it is oh so satisfying in so many ways! Nothing too harsh for those who want to dabble in what many feel is taboo. I loved this love story!
« previous 1 3 next »
See Lila DuBois.

Lila (writing as L. DuBois and Lila Dubois) is a top selling author of paranormal, fantasy and contemporary erotic romance. Having spent extensive time in France, Egypt, Turkey, England and Ireland Lila speaks five languages, none of them (including English) fluently. She now lives in Los Angeles with a cute Irishman and a half-Irish mini human.

BDSM Checklist (10 books)
  • A is for... (BDSM Checklist, #1)
  • B is for... (BDSM Checklist #2)
  • C is for... (BDSM Checklist, #3)
  • D is for... (BDSM Checklist #4)
  • E is for... (BDSM Checklist #5)
  • F is for… (BDSM Checklist #6)
  • G is for... (BDSM Checklist #7)
  • H is for... (BDSM Checklist #8)
  • I is for... (BDSM Checklist #9)