Start by marking “Torrid Throne (The Forbidden Royals Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Torrid Throne (The Forbidden Royals Trilogy, #2)

Torrid Throne

(The Forbidden Royals Trilogy #2)

"The Princess Diaries meets Game of Thrones in this epic, engrossing royal romance..."

Two months ago, Emilia Lancaster was a regular girl with a regular life.

Now, through a cruel twist of fate, she finds herself living in a castle with a crown on her head, the sole heir to the Germanian throne.

Between the charity balls, press events, and royal obligations, Emilia’s days

To ask other readers questions about Torrid Throne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torrid Throne

Start your review of Torrid Throne (The Forbidden Royals Trilogy, #2)
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***4,5 "Bring on the destruction!!!" stars***

"A queen doesn't have the luxury of choosing her own fate, Emilia."

Finally, the second book is out there and i was so exciting to see how this story will play out after all...
Unfortunately, now that i finished the book, I'm not very satisfied and not because it wasn't a good story, but because everything turned upside down for once again and now, I'm dying for the next book!!!
May seems so far away.... So, so far away... And after that ending,
Julie Johnson
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
♛LIVE ON ALL PLATFORMS!♛

Read it now → bit.ly/torridthrone

PRE-ORDER NOW!
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK
Enter Giveaway HERE

Emilia is proving to be one badass heroine and I am loving it. I felt like we really got to see her step into her new roll in this book and also discover how tough she could really be. Page after page I became more intrigued with her and also with trying to figure out who is after the crown. I still have so many questions so I'm dying to get more.

I also loved the connection that we got to see between Emilia and Carter even though it wasn't featur
Dora Koutsoukou
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
3 🤔👑🤔⭐️s

My pov for all three books will be posted on the last one, Sordid Empire.
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
3.5 SECRET CROWNS

While there are moments I loved, Torrid Throne, ultimately, didn’t have enough development with the plot or the characters for me to fall in love with it like I did Dirty Halo.

There are moments within this story I would give 5 crowns to. Any moment with Carter and Emilia is one million percent electric. You can feel the want and angst permeate the air whenever they are near each other. Their desires licks the air. It is palpable, and I loved every single moment.

The pacing and p
Michelle
4 Stars!
I loved this book but not as much as the first one. I almost feel like this was a filler book. I wanted more of Carter and Emilia. I wanted more of everything. Don’t get me wrong I still ate this one up but I found myself skimming some of Emilia’s thoughts a little here and there. I really wanted a chapter or two of Carter’s POV too.
I shed a few tears and then my heart is pounding at that ending! That ending though OMG!! Damn!!
I can’t wait to see what happens next!
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 “SoMany Secrets” Stars

The continuation of Forbidden Royals......Princess Emilia and her overwhelming, all consuming new life as a royal is filled with angst, sadness, and a feeling of being suffocated. But it’s also a new beginnings of sorts if she embraces what has been cast down to her.

There are many hands in the pot, stirring up trouble for Princess Emilia. Octavia is ever present but I found her rather silent in this book. She’s definitely up to no good. As for Chloe, Emilia’s step sister
TeriLyn
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
**Torrid Throne generously provided in exchange for an honest review.**

4 "Bring on the destruction." Stars

I've been reading Julie Johnson stories for a long time and she's blown me away with her next level, darkly delicious angst. Holy smokes is this book a rabbit hole of foreboding danger mixed with so much seductive, taboo, slow-burn tension. The second book of The Forbidden Royals Trilogy leaves you no less on the edge of your seat as when you started (and yes, it must be read in order this i
Bookgasms Book Blog
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
You guys!! There hasn't been a series that I have been as excited about like I've been with Julie Johnson's Forbidden Royals trilogy. Torrid Throne begins where Dirty Halo left off where Emilia must now deal with the fallout after that shocking cliffhanger in book one and the consequences her one night with Carter still has on her heart and memories.

Gah!! This story brings me right back into Emilia's feelings as she struggles with becoming a Lancaster. But while I loved her inner snark and sass,
Nicki
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy Torrid Throne! Actually, Holy Carter Thorne! Can we get some more of him?! And oh Emilia! She's turning into such a badass but the things that she has to go through in this book! I laughed with her and Chloe and I cried with her too. I want to hug Emilia and shake her at the same time. And then hug her again. I loved her personal guards and I really hope we get more of them in the next book. I need to know what is going on with Owen too. Ugh, the worst part is waiting for the next book but ...more
Ssssarah
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: all-time-faves, arc, 2019
UPDATE 2 : Stayed up all night finishing this and I'm just...

description

I fucking devoured it and now I NEED SORDID EMPIRE IMMEDIATELY. I M M E D I A T E L Y !

Me, waiting for book three like...
description

I am dying for the rest of this series. But I have a list of demands for you, JJ. In no specific order, I will require:

- answers about who killed the King & Queen
- more scenes with Chloe, she's a riot
- intensely brooding Carter Thorne being s o f t with the girl he loves
- for Henry to wake up and take back
Nicole Levy
I absolutely devoured Torrid Throne and I am hardcore struggling to find the words to describe how awesome it is right now.

I laughed, I cried, I swooned. Yes, this is a romance, and ohgoshyes do I love Carter Thorne, but I love Emilia Lancaster starting to really grasp her own identity, too.

We saw in Dirty Halo that Emilia is a badass bitch. She handles being thrust into the the life of a royal with somehow the perfect balance of snark and grace, and I loved watching her become an even better
Eleonora
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It is not often that the second book in a trilogy is better than the first, but this is the case with Julie Johnson’s Torrid Throne. We start off a month after the end of Dirty Halo (which for the record was amazing!) and find Emilia struggling in her new life and dealing with nightmares of the disastrous coronation. As Carter astutely points out “it’s the hardest thing in the world —figuring out who you are and refusing to apologize for it. Being yourself in the face of great opposition.”
I find
Heidi Dickinson
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my heart!! I have NO idea how it will keep beating until the final book comes out!! I honestly don’t know how to review this without giving spoilers from the first book or this one, so I think I will simply say this is a MUST read. Read it ASAP. Hold onto your heart....
Elanur
Mar 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
some of y’all bout to be real mad at me but it must be said; this has been a weak read. Nothing majorly happened until the very end, which was predictable. I dunno but Emilia and Carter annoyed me, even though I loved them in the first book.
I hate to write this review, since I love every other book I’ve read by Julie but I guess my expectations were just too high for the second installment.
I am sure Sordid Empire will be much much better.
This one just felt like an in-between book🤷🏻‍♀️
taveena kade
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“I am no longer a little girl seeking the approval of those who hide behind half-truths and pretty lies.
I am no longer a puppet whose strings will be manipulated without consequence.
I am no longer a pawn to be maneuvered across this torrid chessboard.
I am the motherfucking queen.”

No matter how many Julie Johnson books I’ve read, they never fail to surprise me. The plot is always well thought out, and the characters have depth in a way that isn’t just superficial if that makes sense. I find t
Keri Loves Books
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The gripping continuation of the Forbidden Royals trilogy kept me riveted! This story was poignant and heart-breaking.

Emilia is filling the shoes forced upon her. She has become the face of the royal crown and the people have embraced her with open arms.

Her life has taken an unplanned path, but her new purpose is no less important. She begins to see a future and so much of what she can offer as part of the royal family.

More secrets, more lies and deception surround her. Love for country will ta
Shelby (Book Lovers Have More Fun)
I swear Julie just loooves torturing her readers. I'm going to be dying a slow death until Sordid Empire releases!!! I know I'm being overly dramatic, but if you read these books, you would be feeling the EXACT same way. Torrid Throne was so incredibly ANGSTY and just downright sinful. I'm so hoping the third and final book ends on a BANG, a good bang that is, presumably with my favorite two people together. 😉🤞
Mia Miller
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The books in this trilogy are the definition of a reader's hangover. Julie Johnson masters character conflict, and conflict is something that the royals in Germania have in spades.

We follow closely Emilia, who is a strong, well rounded heroine. Her thrills, heartbreaks, convictions, and disappointments can very well be our own. As she takes us through a tour-de-force of her new life, as well as through a harsh reality check, she is easy to love and to root for.

I adore this author and the fines
Flo Grugel
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness! I need to get my hands on Sordid Empire right now!
Loved the continuation of Emila and Carters story and as usual, Julie Johnson has wrote a great ending and left me wondring how their story will play out.
5 fantastic stars!
Lien
1. Dirty Halo | ★★★★
2. Torrid Throne | ★★★
3. Sordid Empire | DNF

Someone get me out of this book funk!

I enjoyed seeing Emilia settle into her role as the people's princess and that cliffhanger was seriously good (still hate them though) but I felt so numb towards the romance between h and H. And I need the romance to be good. The feeling from the first book was just gone. While I loved their angry hate thingy in the first book, in this one I was like 'Why are they like that again?'. They are step
Inked Avenue
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Heavy lies the head that wears a crown."

description

Blanche Devereaux said it best when she said...

"Well, I am stunned. Just stunned. Stunned is the only way to describe how stunned I am."

Me and you both Blanche. You and me both.

The second installment to the Forbidden Royals Trilogy is stunning, heartbreakingly so. I was in no way prepared for everything that unfolded between the pages of Torrid Throne. NO WAY PREPARED. Torrid Throne touches on so many things... white-hot, weak-at-the-knees angst, catty dr
Melinda
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Torrid Throne by Julie Johnson

Julie Johnson is the devil. Yep, I said it and I’m sticking by it. I’m betting she sits in her pretty little house plotting all the evil things to give her her readers aaaall of the WTF moments and oh yes, she succeeded.

First of all, this review is going to be short and boring AF because I cannot and will not give anything away. Second, this book is NOT a standalone and you MUST read Dirty Halo first. Third, this book delivers on every tone and expectation set in
Lytania
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ooh so hard to write this without spoilers! More murder and intrigue and political plots and twists and turns! Emilia really starts to shine in this book in her royal role. Her love affair with Carter is complicated as ever. I wish they would just be together already and solve this mystery of who killed her Aunt & Uncle! Kind of hoping next book has some sleuthing and crazy heart pounding scary scenes too. This book with shatter you somewhat. You want the happy ending but it’s just not there rig ...more
Olatomiwa
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy Shit, people!! This book was so amazing! Julie Johnson took what little happy, light-hearted beauty Dirty Halo had and totally darkened that shit up. Throw in the most electrifying chemistry between two people you have ever experienced, murder plots, and painful revelations, and you have Torrid Throne. This is the best book in the series so far! I cannot wait to find out how Emilia and Carter's journey ends. Thank you Julie for allowing me to experience such an agonizingly beautiful story.
Emily
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shocked! My eyes are bugging out of my head shocked! How am I going to survive without the ending that is Sordid Empire! This book will keep you reeling on the edge of your seat from start to finish. Emilia is becoming one bad as princess, through the process of figuring out what being royal is all about. She has integrated her self in Germania and is becoming loved by all. And let's just talk about how mouthwateringly hot Carter Throne is. I can feel the heat sizzling of the page whenever they ...more
Tiffany Diamond
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! The Forbidden Royals series is a definite must read! This is book two in the trilogy and it just keeps getting better. Emelia is tired of the lies and betrayals. She wants to be surrounded by people who respect her and will be honest. I love that she's such a strong lead character. She now has a lot to come to terms with, and decide if there's anyone she can possibly forgive. Will she ever have Carter and Chloe in her life again? Can she recover from the most recent attacks? I cannot wait f ...more
elbie
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy cliffhanger Batman!!

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. Julie is the QUEEN of heroines. She just can’t help but write a female lead that I don’t like. They aren’t perfect, but they’re real, and flawed, and everything a girl could dream to be.

Did I mention that cliffhanger? Sweet baby Jesus. I can not wait to get my hands on book three!

This storyline is EVERYTHING that makes me a reader. I’m laughing, crying, cringing, hoping with every page I read. It’s totally immersive.

Five St
Marie
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book in the Forbidden Royals Trilogy by Julie Johnson.
Julie Johnson has outdone herself with this next instalment. From living in a country where we do have Royalty, in someways this gives a hidden perspective of what a young princess might well encounter when she’s removed from her normal upbringing.
New challenges to face and deal with, in the face of bitchy royal family members, Princess Emilia shines becoming a people’s champion, though behind her mask, her heart is torn fro
Amy Schoppman
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Definitely not your average fluffy fairy tale & I'm not feeling like the princess is in need of a knight or prince to save her...... Emilia is dominating this complicated game!! I'm so incredibly impressed by this young heroine! Her whole world is completely flipped on it's axis and, while struggling, she's grabbing her situation by the reins, moving her pieces on the chessboard and not relying on a man to fix things for her.
This story has heart, soul, humor, heat, angst, loyalty, betrayal, str
« previous 1 3 next »

• Bury Me with Lies (Twin Lies, #2)
  • Kiss Me With Lies (Twin Lies, #1)
  • The Judgment of Paris (The Odyssey Duet #2)
  • The Fall of Troy (The Odyssey Duet, #1)
  • Close to Me (The Callahans, #1)
  • Out of Love
  • Playboy Princes (Royals of Arbon Academy, #2)
  • With This Ring
  • Bad Boy Blues
  • Southern Storms (Compass, #1)
  • The Golden Hour
  • Avoiding Temptation (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • Legacy of Lies (Empire of Lies, #3)
  • Now Or Never (Irresistible, #5)
  • Sonata (North Security, #3)
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • The Punk and the Plaything (When Rivals Play, #3)
  • Flames of Chaos (Legacy of the Nine Realms, #1)
JULIE JOHNSON is a twenty-seven-year-old Boston native and USA Today bestselling author of more than a dozen contemporary romance novels. When she's not writing, Julie can most often be found adding stamps to her passport, drinking too much coffee, striving to conquer her Netflix queue, and Instagramming pictures of her dog. (Follow her: @author_julie)

She published her debut novel LIKE GRAVITY in

The Forbidden Royals Trilogy (3 books)
  • Dirty Halo (The Forbidden Royals Trilogy, #1)
  • Sordid Empire (The Forbidden Royals Trilogy, #3)