Start by marking “The Marijuana Murders: Nostalgia City Mysteries # 3” as Want to Read:
The Marijuana Murders: Nostalgia City Mysteries # 3

The Marijuana Murders: Nostalgia City Mysteries # 3

When the death is ruled a homicide and the DEA stages a surprise raid, park cab driver Lyle Deming
Published March 23rd 2019 by Black Opal Books

To ask other readers questions about The Marijuana Murders, please sign up.
Mark Bacon Yes, of course. The books are all written so that you can read them as stand-alone mystery novels.

Start your review of The Marijuana Murders: Nostalgia City Mysteries # 3
Bridget
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a mind-blowing and exciting read!

Even though The Marijuana Murders was book three in a series I found that this novel still suited my tastes as a lover of the mystery genre and it held its own as a single read. During a great, solid opening chapter, the tension built and the action really started to happen.

The setting of a 1970’s theme park was highly original, for me anyway. The characters created by the author, Mark S. Bacon, were fascinating in themselves and the pacing was perfect for t
OpenBookSociety.com

ISBN 9781644371091
Author Website: baconsmysteries.com
Brought to you by OBS Reviewer Jeanie

Synopsis:

Nostalgia City executive Kate Sorensen finds the body of a mechanic crushed under an automobile hoist in the theme park’s garage. Accident or murder? Will it impact Kate’s decision to become advisor for one of two competing statewide campaigns to legalize marijuana in Arizona? When the deat
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Bodies are popping up in Nostalgia City one is a mechanic that works at the theme park's garage another murder is the store owner. Who would want to harm anyone at the park? Why would they want to harm them?

Ex-police officer Lyle is asked to look into the murders. Lyle drives a cab for the park now. A tip is sent in that drugs may be involved. The DEA comes to the park and rips apart a classic car looking for drugs with no luck in finding drugs.

The Marijuana Murders is riddled with action and s
Monsterella Reviews
A story of action, adventure, conspiracy, and murder sure to entice any reader. Car fanatics will certainly enjoy the throwback to some of the greatest cars in history, those from the 60's and 70's when cars were built to last and had forms to be proud of. Theme park enthusiasts will appreciate Nostalgia City, an entire town fully immersed in a throwback to the 70's from the décor to business to music and everything in between where tourists can relive their glory days. Those who enjoy murder my ...more
Jeanie
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: obs
Michele
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having grown up in the 60's and 70's this series of books (yes I read the first two) felt like a homecoming to me. I really wish there was a theme park like the one depicted in these novels--without all the murders of course!

Kate and her boyfriend Lyle (an ex cop turned cab driver) become embroiled in a murder investigation. Who killed the mechanic in the theme parks garage? AND who killed the owner of the store Xanadu--one of Kate's personal friends and a very gentle person.

Drugs and the legali
Wesley Britton
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

It doesn't happen to me very often--in the first pages of The Marijuana Murders, I knew I was going to enjoy the ride. I was glad I stuck with it.

For one thing, much of the story is set in Nostalgia City--no, not the real museum in Myrtle Beach--but a fictional theme park in Arizona where everything is maintained in the state it was in the 1970s. Especially cars.

For another thing, the backdrop to the story is the competing interests of two movements wanting to legalize pot in Arizona; one wants
Novel Destination
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Like coming home...
I read the first two books in this series but I feel you could enjoy "The Marijuana Murders" as a stand-alone too.
Tightly plotted and interwoven mysteries which make you wonder "who dunnit?" to the end are a pleasure to those who love the mystery genre like I do. Mark S. Bacon brings that special something to his Nostalgia City Mysteries. He also uses his journalist background to give the reader well written prose, timely subject matter for discussion (in this novel: legalizat
Kathy
Jul 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
While the setting for this novel is a “theme park” type of place called Nostalgia City, it is nostalgic mostly for those of us who are of the baby boomer era. My first thought as I began to read was whether the subject would limit or narrow the field of readers for the author. While I really enjoyed some of the things I could identify with, I think there might be many things to interest all readers.
The cars will be of interest to any reader and are timeless. I smiled many times reading about th
Barbara Hackel
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another good visit to Nostalgia City with Lyle and Kate assisting authorities with murders and crime. The theme of legalization of marijuana is timely, both to current times as well as the era portrayed in NC. The other prong of crime in this book is drug smuggling from Mexico. Fast paced and fascinatingly told story just makes me want more books about NC from author Bacon! Love this series!
Mary  Zebrowski
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even though I did not read the first two books in this series, I totally enjoyed this book. There are twists, turns and suspense that you will enjoy. You will find yourself wanting to know more about the characters. I enjoyed reading this book. I highly recommend this book.
Mary Warren
Aug 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good book it was interesting!!!! 💕
Rick Lacy
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Clean, clear writing and well developed characters. A very enjoyable story line, and no unintended distractions. Written by someone who knows how to write.
joseph m moore
Sep 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun and fast paced story

Quick read. Engaging story with believable characters makes this a fun way to escape life’s problems for a few hours
Felicity Terry
Set not so much in the 1970's as in a theme park recreated to be just like it, The Marijuana Murders is a novel that whilst rooted very much in the present (the inclusion of several current political/topical events such as the legalisation of marijuana is testament to this)harks back to the recent past.

Neither too graphically violent as to be off putting (nor on the other hand too tame as to be what I'd describe as your typical cosy mystery); full of twists and turns that should keep the detect
Beverly Owens
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting topic

Loved the choice of the debate over whether to legalize 'pot' as the background for the mystery. Loved the characters and the theme park setting. Thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Michele Howell
Jul 09, 2020
Filya
Oct 04, 2019
Destiny Brown
Aug 07, 2019
Marysia Springenberg
rated it did not like it
Nov 19, 2019
geri abbott
Aug 05, 2020
Jay Hill
Aug 09, 2020

• All the Good Girls (Harry Hunter Mystery, #1)
  • Guilty Money: A Florida Thriller (Will Harper Mystery Series Book 2)
  • Gold Coast Blues
  • Million Dollar Staircase: A Florida Thriller (Will Harper Mystery Series Book 1)
  • Layered Lies (Kelsey's Burden #1)
  • Catfished: A Rylie Cooper Mystery (Rylie Cooper Mysteries Book 1)
  • Witches' Brew (Witches and Wine, #1)
  • Black Magic Kitten (Familiar Kitten Mysteries #1)
  • Peaches and Scream (Apple Orchard Cozy #8)
  • Fly Me To The Moon: Sylvia Stryker Space Case #1 (Outer Space Mysteries)
  • Political Justice (Marc Kadella Legal Mystery #7)
  • The Trouble with San Francisco (Suite and Slain #1)
  • Repo Girl (Repo Girl #1)
  • A Corpse Called Bob (An Izzy Palmer Mystery, #1)
  • A Warning
  • Special Circumstances (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #1)
  • Imaginary Friend
  • Florida Burning: A Florida Thriller (Will Harper Mystery Series Book 3)
Mark S. Bacon began his career as a Southern California newspaper police reporter, one of his crime stories becoming key evidence in a murder case that spanned decades.

After working for two newspapers, he moved to advertising and marketing and became a copywriter for Knott’s Berry Farm, the large theme park down the freeway from Disneyland. Experience working at Knott’s formed part of the inspirat