Start by marking “Pact with a Heartbreaker (Havenbrook, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Pact with a Heartbreaker (Havenbrook, #2.5)

Pact with a Heartbreaker

(Havenbrook #2.5)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  184 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Mackenna Haven is desperate to leave Havenbrook, Mississippi behind. After spending her whole life under the thumb of her overbearing father, she's ready for the freedom college will bring. Especially if that freedom means spending more time with her best friend…and unrequited love.

Hudson Miller's been the man of the house since his dad died nearly ten years ago. The only
Published July 11th 2019 by Bright Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Pact with a Heartbreaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pact with a Heartbreaker

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Pact with a Heartbreaker (Havenbrook, #2.5)
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
This was... ughhhhhhhhhhhh. It was brutal. It was so sweet, so devastating, so right. This small town friends to lovers romance set in the quaint little town of Havenbrook was absolutely everything and I NEED MORE RIGHT NOW.

I seriously don't have words for how much I love this series. I scream about it to everyone who will listen because it's just so good, so well done, so addictive. I can't get enough and when Pact with a Heartbreaker hit my kindle, I devoured it in one sitting.

It's short thou
Stacee
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
I went into this knowing it was going to be sweet and frustrating at the same time.

I loved Mac and Hudson and I loved that were BFFs to more. Their banter and button pushing was fantastic. Of course the UST is off the charts. I’m ignoring the heartbreak because I know Brighton will fix everything when they get their full size story.

**Huge thanks to Bright Publishing for providing the arc free of charge**
nick (the infinite limits of love)

Brighton Walsh always does a phenomenal job at delivering on the sweet and steamy. With this short prequel novella, she gives readers a story about a young pair of friends who have feelings for each other. Mac and Hudson have been friends forever and they have even decided to go to college together. Mac is very excited about the next stage of her life. Little does she know that Hudson is about to wreak havoc to that because he has decided that we wants to enlist. He decides to tell her the truth
Holly
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aw, I really enjoyed this! I wasn't sure how it was gonna end, though I knew it wouldn't be with an HEA, not after reading the previous books and knowing it was just kind of like a prequel novella. But I so desperately want a full book with Mac and Hudson finding their way back to a life they should have gotten in the beginning. I love the two of them--fiercely stubborn individuals who love adventure and who are always up for a challenge, who are loyal to those they care about even when they hav ...more
Timitra
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rated 4.5 Stars

Pact With A Heartbreaker is a quick read that's sexy and sweet. I devoured it in one sitting. I loved this appetizer of sorts that sets the backdrop to the series while focusing on Hud and Kenna's relationship. I cannot wait for their full story, I have this feeling that it's going to be absolutely amazing.

Copy provided by author
Coco.V
Mar 26, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/26/2020)! 🎁
Christina
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully devastating.

Bri’s books, no matter their length, and everything they encompass within their pages—words, characters, setting, relationships, and heat—never fail to get a reaction out of me. She wrings every emotion out of her characters and her readers (or, at least, I’m assuming that most of her readers are like me), and that’s no small feat. One of the best things about Brighton’s novels is that she leaves you satisfied with the conclusion of her latest book, yet craving and anxio
Irene
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars
Nate Brightman
Irene Kiew
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
This is not a complete story. It's the prequel to the actual story of Hunter and Mackenna, but honestly after reading this novella I don't want to read about them coming together.

In typical New Adult style, we have Mackenna being dramatic and OTT over nothing. Hunter enlisted and she keeps insisting they can't be together because she doesn't want him to be distracted while he's deployed. This is the stupidest reason I ever heard. Who died and made her God? She thinks the knows what's best for H
Marie
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A tiny taste of the most delectable dessert....

This is a great novella, brutal but good.
However, it does not fit into the series as book 2.5, it should be a prequel at 0.5 or book 1 because it is set before (way before) books 1 and 2 so it is totally confusing to suddenly shoot back 8 or 10 years when you reach book 2.5.
It is also a complete cliff hanger, not just an introduction to Mac and Hud, but it cuts you off without giving the details of the agreement and Mac makes the most abrupt bizar
JenniK
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am enjoying the Havenbrook series. I have loved all the books so far, but this couple was my favorite. I LOVED the sweetness of Hudson, their history as friends, the way they each wanted the best for the other. Their love (and their conversations and actions) felt very natural and true. Their story is heartbreaking, and I can’t wait to see them again.
This is VERY short though. It felt more like a preview sample than a whole story. If she wanted to structure it separately this way, it should h
Anthony Marcello
Hudson and Kenna

This story was quite emotional about two kids who were best friends all their lives. Then they fell in love. But she was going to college and he had signed up for the Army. Fast forward ten years and Hudson came back to Kenna while on leave. He waited so long but she waited for him. If you like to read about love and loss this story is for you. The second book in this series will be less heartbreaking I hope.
Heather
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Havenbrook series and it is prequel to Kenna and Hudson’s story. I have enjoyed Mac from the other two books so I was anxious to read her story.

Kenna and Hudson were best friends forever. Now he has made a decision that will change his life and he needs to let Kenna know how he feels before he leaves.

This was heartbreaking and wonderful all at the same time. I can’t wait to find out what happens with them! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Trinity
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2019
Absolutely loved this peek into Mac’s life. She’s been one of my favorite characters since I first read her in Second Chance Charmer.

I really felt the pain & anguish both Mac & Hudson’s life, but . . . It made me want more of them. Please & thanks, Brighton.

I received an ARC from the author in exchange for my honest review. (Keep ‘em coming (TWSS), B. I LOVE your writing.)
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
This little novella is a preview to the third book in the series that features the middle Haven daughter, Mac. It was set the story for the next book. I appreciated it because this novella because it could have been done in flashbacks in Captain Heartbreaker and I am not a fan of flashbacks. I would much rather have a novella like this.
Stephen Ashley
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Heart Felt Romance

Youthful lives meet adulthood is wonderful, harsh, regrettable, and a warm .memory. I enjoyed such an instance as this couple did. Over 40 years has come and gone, and we are still in touch through Facebook today.
Susanne M.
Sweet story of kids having to grow up

And the choices needed to be made to get there. Because this is a prelude to more it ends with hope for an eventual happy ever after. More geared towards the 18 - 24 age group. Overall quality of writing was good. Enjoy 🤓
Nicole
Nov 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book but did not recognise the family as being the same as in Second Chance Charmer. The father was barely mentioned in this, whereas he had a pivotal role in the other.
This story sets the scene for the next book, which occurs ten years later.
Lindsay
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet friends to lovers novella, but it is really just a precursor to another book. It was great getting the history on this couple before reading the other book.
Heidi Dover
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: liked
Liked this short prequel and will def be reading their full current story
Misti Brackner Acosta
Loved this short story

I loved this story. The characters are great and I can’t wait to see how Kenna and HUD end up!!
Angela
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just love this whole series. Southern families and genteel accents and no overindexing on anything. Will definitely read the next novel!

#QuarantineReads
Beatriz
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Short but good
My black hearts wanted Hudson to find someonelse in the next book... kekeke I live for the drama, but I know that is not the case here
Nancy Bruscino
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was ok
I absolutely hate when books have no ending.
Gail M. Myers
Jul 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Romance poolside read

I enjoyed this book but it wasn't long enough. This is the reason I prefer not to start a series.
Debbie
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
BFF become more only to go back to BFF because he’s off to fight for his country 😢 I hope they make it
Elaine Bennett
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kiss the fish

The start of Kenna and hudson's story makes you stay in the continuation of their story "Capt heartbreaker". Young love and heartbreak story with all the "feels".
Teresa Mary Rose
In a short amount of pages, Brighton Walsh managed to rip my heart out of my chest. I have loved Mac in the other books in this series, but now I just absolutely adore her. Her and Hudson just became my favorites of this series and I cannot wait to get my hands on their full length novel. Friends to more is one of my favorite tropes and Mac and Hudson are everything I love about that trope. They have such great banter and are so much fun together and then their chemistry is off the charts. But t ...more
Kim
OMG this novella gave me the perfect little taste of Mackenna and Hudson’s friends first romance. But I need SO MUCH MORE. I’m going to be waiting with total grabby hands until I get it, too. Sweet and steamy!

• Burn So Bad (Into the Fire, #3)
  • Hometown Hope
  • Love on a Spring Morning (Pine Harbour, #3)
  • A Hero's Honor (Resolution Ranch, #1)
  • Romance on Main Street
  • A Touch of Cinnamon (Three Sisters Catering, #2)
  • Give Me Back My Man (The Love Barn #1)
  • Back to You (Chaotic Love, #2)
  • Tank (Blue-Collar Billionaires, #1)
  • A California Christmas (Silver Springs, #7)
  • Just For This Moment (Wishful, #4)
  • Marred: Kyle and Violet (Cliffside Bay, #4)
  • This Crazy Love (Swoon #1)
  • P.S. It's Always Been You
  • Irresistibly Charming (Brothers in Revenge, #3)
  • Stranger Ranger (Park Ranger, #2)
  • All of Me (Starlight Hill, #1)
  • Making Up (Shacking Up, #4)
USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author Brighton Walsh spent nearly a decade as a professional photographer before taking her storytelling in a different direction and reconnecting with her first love: writing. When she’s not lost in her own made up worlds, she’s probably either reading or shopping—maybe even both at once. She lives in the Midwest with her real life hero of a husband, ...more

Havenbrook (3 books)
  • Second Chance Charmer (Havenbrook, #1)
  • Hometown Troublemaker (Havenbrook, #2)
  • Captain Heartbreaker (Havenbrook, #3)

News & Interviews