Start by marking “Desperate Measures (Wicked Villains, #1)” as Want to Read:
Desperate Measures (Wicked Villains, #1)

Desperate Measures

(Wicked Villains #1)

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  10,681 ratings  ·  1,760 reviews
My Savior… Or My Ruin?

One night, and my entire life went up in flames. All because of him. Jafar. As my world burned down around me, he offered me a choice. Walk away with nothing but my freedom… Or rise to his challenge and win my fortune back.

I bargained.

I lost.

Now Jafar owns me, and even as my mind rails against his rules, my body loves the punishments he deals
Published May 28th 2019 by Trinkets and Tales LLC

To ask other readers questions about Desperate Measures, please sign up.
Megan Yes, and he's a diiiiiick…moreYes, and he's a diiiiiick(less)
Maggie May Jasmine has a thing for pretending to be forced. It is made very clear that she isn’t forced and Jafar asks for her consent without making her say she…moreJasmine has a thing for pretending to be forced. It is made very clear that she isn’t forced and Jafar asks for her consent without making her say she is consenting. I don’t think it’s problematic but I can imagine some readers could be sensitive to the way they play around the idea of rape. (less)

·  10,681 ratings  ·  1,760 reviews

Start your review of Desperate Measures (Wicked Villains, #1)
Riley
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
okay so this as a Jasmine/Jafar AU and....not gonna lie I was here for it
there were a lot of other disney villains in this that I hope we get separate books for
my childhood is destroyed after this
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Chelsea by: Lainey
Re-read 4/4/20: Y'all I liked this even more the second time around and I am now VERY excited to carry on with this damn series. Hot dog!!!!!

Original read 8/31/19: This was so naughty and SO MUCH FUN. If you're into the daddy/babygirl thing, you'll love this. My only real complaint is that I wanted more romance and less plot lmao

TW: (consensual) non-consensual situations, emotional abuse (done by a parent), death of a parent
Chelsea Humphrey
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Chelsea by: Leigh Kramer
This was the steamiest Disney reimagining I have ever read, and I am here for more. Dark, kinky, and over-the-top in exactly the way that I like it. My only concern is that the ending took on a completely different tone than the first 90% of the story, but otherwise I fell hard for J+J.

*CW for consensual non-consent, death of a parent, emotional abuse by a parent, graphic sexual content.

description

*Many thanks to myself for treating me to this kindle.
chan ☆
Jul 23, 2020 added it
Shelves: 2020, dnf
i just couldn't get into this one! which makes me sad since so many people seem to love these smutty retellings. might try again at some point, but most likely will just give a different novella series from Katee Robert a try first ...more
Warda
Dec 20, 2020 marked it as dnf
DNF at 48%.

I just don’t see the purpose of stories like these even bothering to have some form of a plot going. Seriously, who cares? I mean, you’re in it for a good time, not a long time.
Isabella. R
5 Obedient Stars ⭐️

Based loosely around Aladdin, ‘Desperate Measures’ is the story of kinky villain Jafar, who claims Princess Jasmine after stripping her father of his riches and empire.

As her father’s second in command, Jafar has been taken with Jasmine from their first meeting. Having lived in a gilded cage all her life, Jasmine is devastated to discover that she has been forced to exchange one cage for another.  And let me assure you, this story throws you into the upheaval from the very
Christy
A heck of a lot of steam, surprisingly a lot of plot, but I found the actual romance lacking. Overall, I did like this one and I find the concept fascinating (Jasmine with Jafar instead of Aladdin- who is actually the villain in this one). I’m definitely interested in going forward with the series and am looking forward to Meg’s story which is next!

Audio book source: Hoopla (library borrow)
Story Rating: 3-3.5 stars
Narrators: Jack Calihan and Lessa Lamb
Narration Rating: 4 stars
Genre: Romance
jaime ⭐️
May 12, 2020 marked it as dnf
book 31 out of 100

dnf @ 40%

boring sex and no plot...jafar sweetie i'm so sorry

read for my reading romances video on youtube!

youtubetwitterinstagram
Alexis Hall
If you ask me, the most underrated skill in the world is knowing exactly what you want to do it and then doing it.

This book knows exactly what it wants to do and then does it.

It’s ridonkulously fun.

It’s Disney princesses & Disney villains. But, y’know, set in a not super defined modern AU. And everyone is kinky. And nearly everyone is bi. At least so far all the women have been bi. I am taking it as read the same goes for the menz.

The self-consciously irrelevant plot here is that Jafar as taken
pauline
Jun 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5 ⭐️ | 5/5 🌶 | 18+

Review coming later hehe (June 27)

REVIEW UPDATE (June 29)

OKAY I LOVED THIS BOOK!! from the start, I was hooked in. That first chapter is SO STRONG it's impossible to put the book down. And on top of that, the book is just a little over 200 pages! It was like 207 or something (don't quote me on that).

I personally didn't think there was a dry chapter EXCEPT towards the end.

I gave the book 4.5 stars because I didn't really like the ending. It wasn't so much HOW it ended, but t
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
3.5 STARS
I want Jasmine confined...
My collar on her neck, its chain never far from my hand.
I want her on her knees in subservience.
I want to fucking ruin her.

Sweet mother of ovaries, what did I just read? How did I not know that Katee Robert had such a dirty side to her? I felt like I should go to confession after reading this, because this was sinfully good.

The premise is delicious; a different take on your favorite disney story but with a deliciously kinky twist. What if the vil
nick (the infinite limits of love)
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, adult
Me after reading this book:
description

I don't know where Katee Robert got the idea for this series from, but oh my goodness, she is hella wicked! I'm not even sure how to review Desperate Measures because my main thought throughout the book was "OMG WHAT!!!!". I will tell you that it is very much out of my comfort zone, and only Katee could have gotten me to pick this book up.

Desperate Measures is a contemporary retelling of Aladdin with Jasmine and Jafar as the leads. I know what you're thinking, Jasmine
Jess Owens
Aug 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Was this the most amazing thing ? No. But it was fun and sexy.
Saint Monique
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
4 'This Jasmine doesn't need Aladdin' stars

Edit 23 Dec 19: A tiny review of bonus Christmas Winter Solstice scene at the bottom.

“A traitorous daughter and her father’s murderer. Maybe we really do deserve each other.”

This is a story of revenge and love and power. A story about a villain and a princess falling in love.

description

There is a forbidden relationship between Jafar and Jasmine. He was her father's second in command and has been lusting after her since the moment he saw her. And Jasmin
warhawke
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Genre: Erotic Romance
Type: Standalone Book 1 of Wicked Villains series
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Jasmine Sarraf never got the chance to spread her wings. Living in a gilded cage, her fantasies were restrained by the bars. When her father’s ambitious second in command Jafar presented her with impossible choices, she had to decide what she craved the most.

Give me sexy villains, and I’ll always choose them over heroes every single time. In that aspect alone this book already attracted my atte
CC

At 25 years old, Jasmine Sarraf has been a caged princess her entire life. Though she has her own ideas, being free to express herself in all ways is practically impossible. However, when her father’s authority is overthrown, the imbalance gives rise to new possibilities as Jafar takes the helm.

“The problem is striking the right balance of challenge and obedience. That, we haven’t accomplished yet. That will take time.”

From the outset, a lusty antagonistic dynamic is established between Ja
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: april-2020
If you want smut, you get it. If you want a believable romance, you won't get it. Tbh i grew really bored from this book. ...more
Meredith is a hot mess
Jan
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
** 1.5 Stars **

So OTT. 🤦‍♀️
Melanie (mells_view)
“Caged birds always crave the sky, Jafar. You’d do well to remember that.”

So essentially if you’ve always wished for kinky modern alt world versions of your favorite Disney good guys/bad guys, then look no further, this book delivers. I think that Katee Robert did this in a really smart way. She just took the very base of each of these characters and then made the story her own. It’s like she was given the outline for Aladdin, but went in the opposite direction as the light happy version.

I will
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommended to destiny ♡⚔♡ by: Riley
I have no high horse to stand on when it comes to that. I want Jasmine confined, too. My collar on her neck, its chain never far from my hand. I want her on her knees in subservience. I want to ruin her.

If there's a good guy in this scenario, it's not my part to play.

This is more of a 3.5 than a 4, but I think that's partially because I never personally shipped Jafar and Jasmine (in fact, I've never been an Aladdin fan at all, sorry), so it was hard to get invested in the couple at first. T
Lana Reads
Crazy and kinky love srory between Jasmine and Jafar. I guess it's pretty much all you need to know about this book.

Jafar was dark and dirty, dominating and caring. Jasmine was fierce, curious and independent, yet she craved appreciation and domination in equal measure. Those two were actually perfect for each other, even though it took some time and back-and-forth for them to understand that.

She just hasn't come to terms with the fact that we reached the point of no return the second she l
Camilla
Aug 01, 2020 rated it did not like it
I'm rating this book based on my enjoyment, and not on the actual quality of it (because I really can't judge it this way).
Desperate Measures is an erotica retelling of Aladdin. Here, Jasmine is sold by her father to a strange man and gets rescued by Jafar, who kills Jasmine's father and takes all power to himself.
I thought this would have more plot, but 80% of the scenes were erotic, to the point that I didn't care anymore. And what bothered me the most is that there's no build up, no romanc
Hilda
I want Jasmine confined, too. My collar on her neck, its chain never far from my hand. I want her on her knees in subservience. I want to fucking ruin her.

As retellings go this was a good one. The flip on good guy/villain was brilliant. It makes sense for Jafar to fall in love with Jasmine and Vice versa. The only problem I had with this story was that it felt lazy to me. Like the story would/could/should have been a stand alone without the borrowed names. The story only borrowed the character n
Mandy
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WHOA!!! This was dirty, delicious, PERFECTION!!! Katee Robert should just write villains foreveerrrr because she NAILED this book. Jafar and Jasmine were explosive together, and I loved every second of it. I also adored how she wrote a strong and fierce heroine who could handle her own. Absolutely fantastic read, and I didn’t want it to end.
MC The Bookaholic ♡
Melanie A. *mostly on hiatus*
4 STARS!!
What is a kingdom without a queen?
This was hot stuff, guys, HOT STUFF! Thank you so much to LANA for reading this one with me!

Trigger warnings: (view spoiler)

Plot in a nutshell: So this was Disney's Aladdin twisted into dark knots . . .

Jafar moves to take over his boss's criminal empire and figures that snatching the man's well-protected daughter, Jasmine, as his own will be th
Bookishrealm
Beyond Any Definition of Sexy

I could have never imagined in a thousand years that some of my favorite Disney characters would end up the subject of such a sexy romance. If you're not into the "daddy" "baby girl" kink then this isn't the book for you, but boy did I enjoy every single page. Initially I was weary of some the reviews that I saw that detailed BDSM but I found that I actually enjoyed it in its entirety.

Unlike the original take of Aladdin, Jasmine finds herself trapped by an abusive a
Katie
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: smut
Whew this was a fun dark romance. Buckle up for a wild ride if you decide to read 👀
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
An erotica/BDSM retelling of Aladdin with Jafar as the hero? Sign me UP. 3.5-4 stars!

• Ice Planet Barbarians (Ice Planet Barbarians, #1)
  • Barbarian Alien (Ice Planet Barbarians, #2)
  • A Lady of Rooksgrave Manor (Tempting Monsters #1)
  • Forbidden Fling (Secret Fantasy, #1)
  • Barbarian Lover (Ice Planet Barbarians, #3)
  • The Naughty List
  • The Billionaire's Bargain (Blackout Billionaires #1)
  • Barbarian Mine (Ice Planet Barbarians, #4)
  • Games We Play (One Night, #1)
  • Priest (Priest, #1)
  • So Wrong It's Right (Love in Brazen Bay, #3)
  • Calico Descending (Juniper Unraveling, #2)
  • Vow of Obedience (Cavalieri Della Morte #2)
  • Daddy Crush
  • Morning Glory Milking Farm
  • Dragon Lord
  • The Duke's Twin
  • Twisted Love (Twisted, #1)
See top shelves…
New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Katee Robert learned to tell her stories at her grandpa’s knee. Her 2015 title, The Marriage Contract, was a RITA finalist, and RT Book Reviews named it 'a compulsively readable book with just the right amount of suspense and tension." When not writing sexy contemporary and romantic suspense, she spends her time playing imaginary games with her child ...more

Wicked Villains (6 books)
  • Learn My Lesson (Wicked Villains, #2)
  • A Worthy Opponent (Wicked Villains, #3)
  • The Beast (Wicked Villains, #4)
  • The Sea Witch (Wicked Villains, #5)
  • Queen Takes Rose (Wicked Villains, #6)