Start by marking “The Korpes File (The Korpes File, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Korpes File (The Korpes File, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

The Korpes File

(The 942 #1)

'The 942 series' is now 'The Korpes File Series'

The Korpes File contains coarse language, adult themes, and controversial situations such as, but not limited to racism, xenophobia, arranged marriage, genocide, and genetic experimentation. Set against a dystopian sci-fi backdrop, and told from multiple point-of-views, the story centers around the main character's experience
Kindle Edition
Published by J. I. Rogers

To ask other readers questions about The Korpes File, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Korpes File

Start your review of The Korpes File (The Korpes File, #1)
J.I. Rogers
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
I thought I'd include my thoughts on my book.

You may ask why did I only gave it 4 stars? It's not because I don't love the story and characters, it's more to do with acknowledging how far I've come since I began (and the fact that I found a couple of typos after I published).

Factoids:
Time it took to write it: 3 years (Books 2 - 5 also emerged in raw form during that span)
Time it took to edit: 1 year (tail end of the 3 years mentioned above).

I'd like to thank all my beta-readers for their assist
Koeur
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 3.7/4

Review: Although written awhile ago, there is very little existing written reviews out there. The author only gives her work 4 stars which is an odd thing to do as self-deprecation may not further interest in others willing to gamble.

The world building is only lacking in visual expression. There is not enough information to create a panoramic view. Domes/cities etc. have no relational aspect to other domes as well as the space in which they occupy. I assumed everything that occurred
Sable
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I traded books with J.I. Rogers at a comic con we both attended, and sat down to start reading The Korpes File, partially because I was intrigued by the blurb, but partially so I would have something to talk with her about the next day, since our tables were next to each other.

And I didn't put it down for a good two hours, even though I was exhausted and really needed to sleep.

This is a stunningly good cyberpunk dystopian thriller. The world of Tamyrh has been trashed by war involving weapons of
J.B. Richards
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“The Korpes File (The 942 Series Book 1)” is a tense, rocket-paced, futuristic Sci-Fi thriller by Author J. I. Rogers that blends together the perfect balance of hero/antihero, lover/hater, friend/foe, and savior/coward. Although some of the settings may be familiar to Sci-Fi fans, the telling of this story blasts through one clever and unique path, carrying the reader forward through a mind-blowing interplanetary adventure where the ending can, in no way, be predicted.

Rogers’ amazing character
Sherry Terry
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Korpes File by J. I. Rogers will take you on a wonderfully thrilling ride. I like the cover, I think it’s quirky and fits the story well. The writing is very solid with a good flow that keeps you turning the pages. J. I. Rogers has a way with a pen.

I love that there is a map, and enjoyed this detail for the story. The world building is fantastic with tons of great SciFi techy stuff that really drew me into the setting. Good dialog mixed with the right amount of flaws, attributes and wonderfu
Bob Goddard
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Welcome to the world of technician Nash Korpes, a claustrophobic dystopia where caustic rain burns the surface and fearsome creatures stalk the darkness. Within the tunnels and domes of the inhabited city states the human population survives on a diet of illicit liquor and Machiavellian manipulation of the masses.

The ruling classes have the power and medications to subdue and subvert the populace, especially the Diasporan underdogs that our hero, Nash, belongs to. Trapped between the racial hatr
Jeanette
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
J I Rogers' The Korpes File presents an intriguing world, with the story spanning years. It presents a dystopian world with a mysterious past of racial conflict. The population - divided between the dominant Korlo and the controlled Diasporan races - lives beneath domes or underground because of the acidic rain and atmosphere, fierce storms and the living menace of The Seep that requires constant burning back. It's unclear whether this is a post-apocalyptic situation or simply an alien planet in ...more
Jane Jago
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Welcome to a world where it doesn’t pay to be different. Nash Korpes is despised for who he is and used for the same reason.
He has, in the end, only his own wits on which to rely. Trapped between his peers who hate him and his doctors who can only see him as an experiment Nash’s life couldn’t get much grimmer.
Although this is set in a world and time far from the here and now, the story resonates only too closely with the horrors minorities and strangers experience in our world every day.
It wasn’
Marianne Germain
I enjoyed "The Korpes File" very much. The author has created a very complex story set in a futuristic world, filled with great characters. Fantastic dialogues and great interactions between the main characters. I should also mention the technical part, which is truly mind-blowing and will delight science-fiction fans.
J.S. Frankel
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, well, well, something new on the old. Dystopian novels, alien races, hybrids, intrigue and more. And that's just the beginning!

The world-building is very well done, dystopian, where you have cities under domes to protect the people from an acid-toxic atmosphere. The novel is dark, and it basically deals with issues of racism and class warfare in a unique way.

What I enjoyed most were the characters and the pace. I like a fast pace, and in spite of the number of pages--0ver 350 in the PDF c
Todd Burnett
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellently written, definitely for the Sci-Fi/Dystopian crowd, The Korpes File is engaging and intriguing with cleverly fleshed out characters and plot.

The book has a number of editing errors, some of them rather glaring, but not enough to detract from the main story. I'm not a big fan of serial books--I prefer a story with a beginning, middle and end all within one cover. This one, sadly, falls into the category of "doesn't end properly", but it's only to be expected from a book listed as #1.
Chris Hall
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! The world-building is superb (reminiscent of Ursula le Guin). This dystopian world, where cities are protected under domes from an acid-toxic atmosphere, really sets the mood for this dark novel which deals with themes of class and racism in a truly original way.

The story-line for the (anti)hero, Nash is compelling and is complemented by the parallel struggle of his family cut off from him in another part of the world. The medical and technical advances which have bee
Jenn Lees
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Korpes File by JI Rogers
The Korpes File is a science fiction read in a world where inter-planetary travel is a daily occurrence, technology is advanced, and environments hostile to life are constantly held in check. Where those in power decide who can have access to resources and those ethnicities who cannot—and silent genocides occur routinely.
Nash Korpes is an endearing hero, despite his lack of social skills, his anger management problems and the voices in his head fighting for influence.
S.A. Gibson
This story is a new take on futuristic science fiction. The 942 Series presents a corporate controlled world, where individuals like Nash are controlled and limited in their life choices.

This book reminds me of older style storytelling, with a long narrative arc, following several characters, and their family members, over years. The epic scope of the story carries us along as we try to understand the past and future of Nash Korpes. He must struggle to survive political intrigue, corporate assas
T Chan
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is basically Game of Thrones . . . but in a alternate, dystopian universe.

The book stars around Nash Korpes, one of the many, many characters in TFK. Nash by far is one of my favorite characters. First of all, he's an engineer so that's already a huge 'plus' for me. Second of all, the odds are stacked incredibly against him, yet somehow Nash always manages to remain uncorrupted by such a polluted environment. Don't get me wrong--Nash is by no means a perfect character--he has his fla
Cem Bilici
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: multiverse
First and foremost, a disclaimer: I was one of the beta readers of The Korpes File (TKF) the first novel in the 942 series. You’ll see my name at the start. The author and I are also the founders of the newly created Writers of the Multiverse on Medium and members of online writer’s critique group/s where we first connected.
Does that mean you can’t trust my review to be un-biased? Hell no, but read on anyway, because if it wasn’t awesome I wouldn’t be here would I!

TKF is the opener on an epic s
Dan Melson
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pleasingly complex story with people doing what is in their own interest and it comes together well. Takes place on a planet with a hostile environment.

I was wanting more history as to how this entire society came about, but the story stood on its own. There was a moment there when I thought I was reading a mashup of Mein Kampf, Das Kapital, and Protocols of the Elders of Zion, but it was reasonably resolved.

InD'tale Magazine
“The Korpes Files” is a well-written and compelling exploration of humanity in all its forms, both good and bad.

Read full review in the 2017 July/August issue of InD'tale Magazine.
M. Anderson
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author is clearly skilled. Her characters are intriguing, the dialog is believable, and the plotting is complex. However, if you’re looking for a standalone book this is definitely not it, as so much is left unresolved. The novel’s alien world is ruled by huge competing corporations and divided up by race, with Kolos on top and Diasporans on the bottom. Nash Korpes is a Diasporan ‘throwback’ a genetic anomaly of great interest to Special Projects doctors who want to use him in their experime ...more
Melissa
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an awesome first book to a series! Great world building and characters! I also love how it handles issues of racism, classicism, and medical exploitation in a dystopian space opera setting. And one can definitely feel the ups and downs of the characters, especially Nash's, as they deal with these issues.

I found I wanted to learn so much more--not only about the characters (and there are lots, but Rogers does provide a character list in the back), but also about what happened to this worl
Michael
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-won
not a bad book to read. I found the font size on the small size.
Andrew
Alexander Pyles
Jun 11, 2018
Ruari
Jan 27, 2019

• Titan's Fury (Children of Titan, #4)
  • Demons
  • Children of the Miracle
  • Titanborn (Children of Titan, #1)
  • The Circuit: The Complete Saga
  • X-Men: Days of Future Past
  • X-Men: The Dark Phoenix Saga
  • The Adolescent
  • Titan's Legacy (Children of Titan, #5)
  • Gilded Lies (Frequency Series Book One)
  • Titan's Rise (Children of Titan, #3)
  • Titan's Son (Children of Titan, #2)
  • X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills
  • The Space Between Worlds
  • Titanborn
  • Lust, Caution: The Story
  • Born in Death (In Death, #23)
  • Times of Change (Transgressor Trilogy #2)
I'm green-eyed, ginger-haired, caffeine addict who is currently working on The Korpes File Series. The plan is to publish, then adapt the series into graphic novels.

Book one, The Korpes File was published in March of 2017, and book two, The Korpes Agenda, was published in March 2019. Book three of the series is in the works right now.