Start by marking “Extra Credit (The Ivy Years)” as Want to Read:
Extra Credit (The Ivy Years)

Extra Credit

(The Ivy Years #2.5, 5.5, 5.6)

Three novellas, including all new Ivy Years fun!
BLONDE DATE: A nervous sorority girl, a mean fraternity prank and an adorkable basketball player with a heart of gold. Blonde Date follows Katie and Andy’s first blind date…

STUDLY PERIOD: One hunky hockey player with a language barrier. Plus one awkward English tutor with a big crush. Equals hot, hilarious trouble! Study
Published March 9th 2019 by Tuxbury Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Extra Credit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Extra Credit

Start your review of Extra Credit (The Ivy Years)
Shile

I only read Rikker and Graham's story and they did not disappoint.

This was the much needed epilogue that was missing in the USOTY.

Loved! Loved it!
Christy
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-four-stars
4 stars

Sarina Bowen’s The Ivy Years series is one of my top favorite new adult series. I love the books so much. Extra Credit is three novellas written about these characters. I was so happy to get my hands on this! I couldn’t be more thrilled to be back in this world.

Blonde Date is the only novella out of the three I had already read. It’s been a few years, but I loved it just as much as I did the first time. Andy and Kate’s story is a great and it was fun to re-read it.

Studly Period was pro
Bev
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Having read the first two novellas a while back and enjoying them, and because I can't get enough of Graham and Rikker I decided to just read their novella. The boys are back and I loved reading more about them!

They are just so damn sweet together - hockey players and sweet .... let me just think about that .... well why not, they are just that!
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Bang for your buck!

Or if you're a KU member FREE! (sort of)

Blonde Date - 3.5 ⭐️

I never read this before. I'm not sure why but I just never pulled the triggered on this one. I think it was because I thought the Katies were both vapid twits but K1 has recently been through an eye opening experience with a douchey frat boy that's given her a little depth.

Andy is 16 different kinds of cute though with his self-deprecating, string bean-y self. All of his chapters during the sexy times deserve their o
Wil Loves Books!
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, mm, 2019
Graham and Rikker are back!!!!!

I got two words for you: Graham and Rikker. Did I need to say more??? Extra Credit is a compilation of Ivy Years novellas. Two of them have been available before, Blonde Date and Studly Period. And the third one is the one I’ve been waiting for and wanting for years. More Graham and Rikker from one of my all time favorite books The Understatement of the Year. Needless to say, I loved everything about it, this is one of my favorite couples ever and this new sneak pe
Teal
All the stars for the Graham & Rikker story. The other two stories are m/f, and I won't be reading them.

Damn, it's good to see these guys again. When The Understatement of the Year ended (and it ended as if the author's computer had crashed, losing the final chapter of the book in the process, and she'd just said, "Ah, the hell with it" and walked away, leaving the story without a proper ending), I was desperate for more. And so I bought and read the subsequent books in the Ivy Years series, eve
Snjez
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My rating is for Yesterday only, I haven't read the other two novellas.

Rikker and Graham are one of my favourite couples ever, and I loved reading more about them. This was a wonderful addition to their story. I loved everything about it, it was just perfect.
☆☆☆~Bev's Book World~☆☆☆
CALLING ALL JOHNNY RIKKER FANS. THIS IS FOR YOU!!

This book contains 3 Ivy Year novellas, but 'Yesterday' was the only one I was truly interested in...a little continuation of John Rikker and Mikey Graham's path to [hopefully] true happiness. It has to be said that by the end of this story, which is set 8 months after the events at the end of The Understatement of the Year and its rather abrupt conclusion, we're not really that much further forward but at least Rikker has something to look forwar
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
4 Extra Credit’s from me!!!

Well earned and well deserved.

I will never think of penguins again without thinking of this book. The penguin storyline was awesome. The nightmares added to the storyline was well blended to perfection.

Story #1 &2, was not really for me. Story #3 was my most anticipated. I have waited years to catch up with these guys. And, I missed them. So, I found no hardship re-reading understatement of the year.It was a pleasure re-read.

Not very memorable , and not really a good
Jay
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall rating, 4.5 stars -- Three short novellas from arguably my favorite romance author: one previously published (Blonde Date), one previously released as a serial through the author's newsletter (Studly Period), and one brand-new one, which is a follow up to the rather abrupt ending Graham and Rikker had in The Understatement of the Year.

Each of these is a comfortable and sweet read that fits well with the rest of the Ivy Years series. Although it's not absolutely necessary to have read any
Kk
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ohhhhhh me love this!

Understatement of the Year very quickly became my go to read. Not sure why it worked my emotions so well but it did. It was hard to finish the series and then only catch snippets of them in other books. Yes, if it wasn't apparent.... I bought this to find out how Rikker and Graham end up. Yes, I had a few snot moments (totally passed it off as allergies to my coworker because I don't want him to think I am a basket case or at least more than he already does) BUT I AM TOTALLY
Nancy The book junkie
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review to come!
David Alexander
Feb 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bowen
Story:~4 Stars

After re-reading The Understatement of the Year I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book. After reading Yesterday, which takes place about six months after their book, Graham & Rikker's HEA was cemented.

My rating excludes the story from Blonde Date & Studly Period as I have not read those two stories.
Tess
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: college

The two m/f novellas were sweet and fun but the highlight was checking in again with Rikker and Graham!

I wish the author would write more Ivy Years and more m/m. I find her adult m/f contemporaries don't work as well for me.
Kim
Shelves: 4-5-stars
I loved getting sucked back into the Ivy Years world. Sarina Bowen does such a great job making you fall in love with her characters that have flaws and insecurities, but are so endearing.

This consists of three novellas Blonde Date(That I read during my first Ivy Years binge read), Studly Period (a serial I never caught up on), and Yesterday (a new extended epilogue for The Understatement of the Year).

I have to say that getting more with Graham and Rikker in Yesterday made me ridiculo
Ari
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
My rating only applies to the novella Yesterday.

Sarina really came through and gave Rikker and Graham the ending they deserved. 👏🏽😭
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This author writes my favourite kind of stories. These 3 novellas are just perfection. Character driven. Witty. Funny. Emotional and oh so delightful. I would read anything she wrote & know I would love it! I finished this with a giddy smile on my face
UltraMeital
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a compilation of 3 novellas from the Ivy Years series. The 1st has been available on it's own for a while now, but the 2nd was published for short period of time as a serial for Sarina's website subscribers. The 3rd is a total new addition I enjoyed delving into today :)

If you haven't read the Ivy Years series, seriously, what are you waiting for?! You can sample it through this one but only through the first two as they are totally stand alone (containing characters we've met but w
Alyssa Summer
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Blond Date - 3 stars
I've been waiting to read Andy's story since meeting him as Bridger's neighbor. He was seriously so cute. This was super fun, but the whole story was just a half a day basically so there wasn't too much going on. Still really enjoyable. I'll just have to create a more satisfying HEA for Andy and Katie in my head :)

Studly Period - 4.5 stars
Pepe and Josie were so cute and I really loved their story. It felt satisfying even for a novella, and I appreciate that. But, as is
Xerxia
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports-romance
This is a collection of three novellas set in Bowen’s Ivy League universe. I’ve already reviewed Studly Period, so this rating is only for the other two.

Blonde Date - the story of hot, popular freshman and sorority girl Katie and shy but also hot basketball player junior, Andy. This was such a gentle bit of fluff, not much substance but still enjoyable. And the epilogue might be one of the most satisfying things I’ve read.

Yesterday - a future take of The Understatement of the Year, revisiting
Kelly
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm a newbie to this series, after only having started to read it last week. After reading The Understatement of the Year, I jumped ahead to read Extra Credit as I wanted more Rikker and Graham. I wish there was another book in the series just for these guys :)

Studly Period - I don't know how many times I read this title before I clicked that it was "Studly" and not "Study" Period. Pepe and Josie were so sweet, and because I haven;t read the last 2 books in the series yet I'm not sure if they po
Courtney Bassett
“Everything is wow”

The Understatement of the Year was my first MM book, and I was thrilled to get a bit more of Graham and Rikker. I already felt like they’d have a strong future at the end of that book, and this one just cements it as they handle obstacles and reaffirm their love and commitment.

This rating is based only on their story, as I didn’t read the other two shorts.
Karen
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Read two of the three....last one I had no interest in. I loved the two novellas.
Tracy  C
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ll keep this short and sweet. I loved every freaking thing about this book!!
Clorie
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great extras

This was fun! It was cool getting little snippets of other characters. And it was enough of a glimpse to get a good feel without being deprived of a good story.

This author writes such great dialogue. It always feels real and relatable. You root for them because there good people going through tough things. Or trying to figure out their lives. These are all great story archs. And this extra credit with these 3 characters was fun. I would be happy to read more of other characters fro
Kim Howard
Three short stories from the Ivy Years series compiled together for a fun return back to Harkness College.
*Blind Date (4-5 stars) I've read before. I couldn't remember much about it but reading it again reminded me of the delight of Sarina Bowen's writing. The is the first date of two minor characters from the series.
*Studly Period (3 stars) was my least favorite of the three but still enjoyable. French hockey player/exchange student meets nerdy English tutor.
*Yesterday (4-5 stars) was a revisi
Kelly
Okay, guys. I had read both Blonde Date and Studly Period prior to picking up this collection and it was NO hardship to reread them. None. Frankly, Blonde Date is one of the freaking sweetest stories EVER. Both Katie and Andy are perfect together and I just looooove how into her he is. Good guys sometimes absolutely finish first and Andy is the gold standard for this.

As for Studly Period, I have mad, MAD love for Pepe and his adorable man-puppy ways. He flusters Josie just by being and their swe
Jess
I've previously read and reviewed the first two novellas in this collection, so stars are only related to the last, original work.

Which I liked! But I didn't really remember what was going on in this universe since it had been so long, and I think I would have been better served by doing a reread first.
J. Taylor
May 20, 2019 rated it liked it
So I didn't read all 3 stories so it's a bit of a DNF but I read two out of three and it's the majority so I count it read.

STUDLY PERIOD: DNF. Just couldn't get into at all and never see myself picking it up so had to DNF it.

YESTERDAY: 4 stars. Loved seeing the boys again, honestly the whole reason for reading these novellas and I felt it wrapped up what the book Understatement of the Year didn't.

BLONDE DATE: 3.5 stars. This was a really cute short story that I really enjoyed. I liked the fact
Kimberly
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this one!!! Especially Rikker and Graham!!! Finally a little closer, I love them and love Sarina Bowen, she is an automatic buy author for me! One day we shall meet, I just know it! 🦄🕺❤️😎
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Play Book Tag: Extra Credit by Sarina Bowen - 4 stars 1 8 Jul 06, 2019 02:17PM

• Hello Forever (Hello Goodbye, #2)
  • Goodbye Paradise (Hello Goodbye, #1)
  • Holdout (Moo U #3)
  • Slapshot (Moo U #2)
  • Blindsided (Moo U, #1)
  • Heartscape (Vino & Veritas, #2)
  • Headstrong (Vino & Veritas, #3)
  • Cowboy (Busy Bean, #2)
  • Featherbed (Vino & Veritas, #1)
  • Sweetheart (Busy Bean, #1)
  • Goal Lines & First Times (CU Hockey, #3)
  • Aftermath (Vino & Veritas, #5)
  • Undercover (Vino & Veritas, #4)
  • Booklover (Vino & Veritas, #6)
  • Face Offs & Cheap Shots (CU Hockey, #2)
  • Game Changer (Game Changers, #1)
  • Heated Rivalry (Game Changers, #2)
  • Rifts & Refrains (Hush Note, #2)
See top shelves…
sarina bowen
Sarina Bowen is the sixteen-time USA Today bestselling author of three dozen books, including: the True North series, and the Brooklyn Bruisers. She's the co-author of Him/Us and the WAGs series with Elle Kennedy. She's the author of The Ivy Years series, and more!
Are you looking for a friends-to-lovers story or maybe even a secret baby book? You can read a list of Sarina's books broken out by

The Ivy Years (6 books)
  • The Year We Fell Down (The Ivy Years, #1)
  • The Year We Hid Away (The Ivy Years, #2)
  • The Understatement of the Year (The Ivy Years, #3)
  • The Shameless Hour (The Ivy Years, #4)
  • The Fifteenth Minute (The Ivy Years, #5)
  • Yesterday (The Ivy Years 5.6)