Start by marking “Chloe - Lost Girl (Carl Sant Murder Mysteries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Chloe - Lost Girl (Carl Sant Murder Mysteries, #1)

Chloe - Lost Girl (Carl Sant Murder Mysteries, #1)

A missing student. A gunned-down detective. A woman in fear for her life. All three are connected somehow.

Detective Inspector Carl Sant and his fellow officers get on the case. But what links the disappearance of a university student, the death of an off-duty police sergeant, and a professor reluctant to help them solve the case?

Their only clue is a sequence of numbers, et

Published March 5th 2019 by Creativia

To ask other readers questions about Chloe - Lost Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chloe - Lost Girl

Dianne
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
In the British mystery tradition, CHLOE – LOST GIRL by Dan Laughey is not a rock ‘em – sock ‘em rapid-fire read! It is a tad dark, has some grit and characters that are far from perfect. Yet also in the British mystery tradition, it is riveting and filled with seemingly unrelated crimes that are like knots in a rope, knots DI Carl Sant is determined to unravel.

If you like your mysteries far reaching, love to play your own version of connect the dots before the police and want your characters to
Jessica Belmont
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tours-arcs
Chloe: Lost Girl is a dark, gritty mystery. What I really Loved about this book was the seemingly disconnected crimes that built like puzzle pieces. As a reader, I love when a mystery isn't easily solved by the characters or me. This is definitely the case here. The twists and turns are seemingly endless and that is what makes this a great mystery.

Admittedly, it is a but slow moving. The book starts off with a bang and then slows to a bit of a crawl for a while.

What worked with the slow pace,
Norshafa Wati
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a review that I have written previously in my blog, simplemomjourney.com , and re-published it here in Goodreads.

Chloe – Lost Girl is about a 20-year-old Chloe Lee who has been missing from Leeds, West Yorkshire since September 9th. The novel immediately starts with the story of Detective Sergeant Liam Dryden who was gunned down in a bus soon after secretly interviewing a person regarding a murder case during his off duty, before the bus that he was riding was involved in an accident. H
Bridget
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an explosive and exciting read!

As one of my favourite genres, I was so excited to be given the opportunity to read this shortish (286 pages) début murder/mystery by Dan Laughey. During a really exciting opening chapter, the action rocketed and the tension immediately soared as events moved along at a rapid pace.

The characters created by the author, Dan Laughey, were fascinating in themselves, particularly DI Carl Sant. I loved the banter between the dedicated DI Sant and his assistant, DC B
Coco.V
Apr 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/18/2019)! 🎁
Michelle Whitham (curled_up_with_a_good_book)
This is the first book in the Carl Sant Mysteries series and I really enjoyed it.

The book starts with an Dryden, an off duty Policeman meeting an unknown informant for some information….but when he leave the meeting, he gets on a bus and is killed….along with everyone else on the bus.

The Police force whip into action to try to discover what happened to they friend and colleague. Who was he meeting and why? He leaves a mysterious message on the misty window and DI Carl Sant and colleagues try to
Joanne
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019
Chloe Lost Girl is the first book written by Dan Laughey featuring Detective Carl Sant a guy who’s dedicated to his work and not afraid to bend the rules to find out the truth. In this first book Carl and his team are looking for missing girl Chloe Lee whose being missing for over five weeks. The team don’t have much to go on so when colleague DC Liam Dryden is gunned down in a massacre about the number 33 bus their focus is elsewhere. The dead detective has left them a clue 3 1 8 is marked in t ...more
Kimberly
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I will start out by saying that I loved this book. The mystery was wonderful and wove its way around in a way that I was not expecting, setting it up perfectly for the rest of the series.

The lead character, Carl Sant, is a great character. He has his flaws, but he is also a great guy. He is a little bit on the dense side when it comes to the people around him. He is smart, though, and sees things in a way that others don't always understand, but they indulge him anyway. He is in no uncertain ter
Claire
When I started Chloe: Lost Girl, I didn’t realise that it was set in my magnificent city of Leeds. As I read the first page, I squealed; before we met, Mr K used to live on Belle Vue Road, the first Leeds reference… I loved the local backdrop, it enhanced my imagination of the story as I really could picture the locations that were mentioned.

What I read was quite a complex police procedural. The brutal shooting of a police officer on a bus really set the scene to the investigation that followed.
Stepj Gear
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!
The story, The characters, The writing, The mystery that is wrapped within the pages; all helped to make this a very exciting, thrilling read.
I have a read a lot of books over the past 18 months through blog tours, etc and it is always nice to find a story that gets an INSTANT 5 stars! This book blew me away with how fantastic it was. Dan Laughey is not an author I was familiar with before now, but he has now been added to my Fave Authors on Goodreads! Fantastic writing! I cann
Sharon
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
My first book by this author and also the first book in the Detective Carl Sant series. Carl Sant is a gritty and likeable detective based in Leeds. The story begins with the brutal murder of an off-duty detective, which occurs on a crashed bus where the other passengers are also murdered. There is also the mystery of the significance of three numbers written on the bus window where the murdered detective was sitting. Sant’s team are also looking into the disappearance of a local girl, Chloe Lee ...more
L.S.
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Take one missing student, Chloe Lee. Add in an off-duty detective gunned down on a bus and the mystery of the numbers he writes on the window. Throw in the vanished neighbour (also Chloe's guardian). Now, join the dots.
Or rather, follow DI Carl Sant as he attempts to make connections and unravel a mystery that goes back to the 80s.

Well that was a good read - but darn it, the answer lies in book 2: Chloe - Never Forget. I'll be back with a full review later, I have some more reading to do ;)
Ann
Apr 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
Once I finished the book I didn't get the feeling of satisfaction from it. The parts of the book that had to do with the who and why didn't interest me at all. The part where they held a girl hostage so they could find out where Chole was a bit more interesting. Just not a subject of interest for me.
Rita
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the first book of this series. It is full of excitement and lots of mysterious clues. I love the characters. They are each unique and kept me quite interested in the story. The author writes in a way that you feel that you are part of the action taking place. I want to read more from this author and will be following him from now on!!
GamunuB
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of the best books I’ve ever read in this genre. Filled with vibrant characters. Some people might find this a bit slow paced but it’s balanced by a very complicated plot. He also uses the Leeds environment in his plot excessively. I would love it more with a sketch or a map. Thumbs up.
Karen
Jun 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
Didn’t like it. Gave it plenty of time to engage me and it never did. After several chapters, I finally waved the white flag and stopped reading it. Didn’t even care enough to skip to the end to see whodunnit.
Sandy
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chloe -Lost Girl

Very entertaining and interesting storyline about murder, a missing girl and how they are related. Hard to put down and the ending left me hungry for more.
CHenry Roi
May 09, 2019
Sylvia  McDonald
Apr 19, 2019
Joan
rated it did not like it
Apr 28, 2019
Diana
May 03, 2019
margaret edwards
Mar 22, 2019
1 follower
Dan Laughey was born in Otley and bred in Ilkley, West Yorkshire, a hop and a skip away from the Leeds setting of his Chloe/Carl Sant novels. He now lives in the Leeds suburb of Guiseley and shares his time between England and Thailand, where his in-laws live. He lectures at Leeds Beckett University where he teaches a course called ‘Youth, Crime and Culture’ among other things. He holds a BA in En ...more