Start by marking “Outbreak” as Want to Read:
Outbreak

Outbreak

A race against the clock in a nightmare world...

Since the Outbreak, seventeen-year-old Kip Garrity is faced with a dreadful existence. Instead of studying for exams and going on dates like a normal teenager, he has become a prisoner in his own heavily fortified house - safe from the creatures that lurk outside but faced with a bleak and lonely future.

His only companion is
Published March 2019 by Self Land Publishing (first published July 23rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Outbreak, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Outbreak

Start your review of Outbreak
Mike McAdam
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received this kindle book free through a goodreads giveaway*

I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. I was expecting some kind of medical thriller based on the title but it turned out to be, in essence, an episode of "The Walking Dead." Not literally but it is a post apocalyptic situation with "infected" (translation: zombies) and as well as human scavengers, etc. No spoilers. I did enjoy the action in this book - and there is a lot of it. That made up for the massive eye roll I gave
MICHAEL CLICK
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story!

Just as billed, survival/horror. I doubt that cannibals would be tolerated for very long. The survivors would not have tolerated them for long. That practice is truly cringe-worthy! Especially when there must be warehouses full of food that doesn't try to run away!
I wish the author had explained as to what caused The Outbreak.
I look forward to future stories exploring various pockets of humanity and how they coped with the breakdown of society.
Jaime Andrews
Nov 25, 2019 rated it liked it
A quick and interesting read. A few grammatical errors but not many. I found the story a bit stale though an interesting idea. If there had been more to the characters development, maybe I would have been better. It just seemed to be lacking any substance..told the story without having any buildup or real Tim. The whole book takes place in the space of a day or so.
richard
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read gets to the point truly enjoyed reading about the hero's of this story. I would recommend this to others to read . I am looking forward to the next good book to read

Linda
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed This Book

The author did an excellent job of bringing Kip to life. It is a well written story, exciting, and shows the power of love making people stand up against wrongdoing and fight to survive. Very good read!
Jay Hayes
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An interesting short story

An interesting short book. I enjoyed the characters and intrigue. As a retired usmc vet i found a few flaws with the storyline. But it was an interesting book.
S.J. Morris
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting take on the apocalypse

I really enjoyed this book. Being a zompoc writer myself, I truly enjoyed this authors take on the apocalypse and that this book started years after the outbreak. This was a great read and I’m looking forward to reading more from this author.
Elizabeth
May 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting

I liked the story line and think if the author expanded on it and made it a longer book, it would have been a really good book.
Channa
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Easy read

good evenings entertainment. Not too gory or soft well balanced. I would read more from the author.
Kristy
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Zombies

Slow start to book but progresses quickly. Sy Fy people will like it. One star was deducted because the book was pretty predictable
Annie Talmadge
I haven't had a chance to read this yet, but I won it through the giveaway!
Shelly
Feb 25, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish the option of 1/2 stars existed, I would give this 3.5 stars. Well written, good characters, I think I'm just kind of zombied out at the moment.
Vinita Hayes
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not really into books like this but was really surprised I liked the characters once I understood where the plot was going. It sort of took off slowly but at the end u just sort of said, Wow!!!!!
Deborah Boyer
Jen Nielsen
Apr 28, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Need librarian help! Giveaway uses oldest cover 1 2 Mar 09, 2019 08:57AM
Goodreads Librari...: Can you please update the cover to my book? 4 29 Jul 08, 2016 11:42AM

• The Dead Rising: The Beginning
  • Broken Lines (A Tale Of Survival In A Powerless World #1)
  • The Hospital: The First Mountain Man Story (Mountain Man #0.5)
  • Empty Bodies (Empty Bodies #1)
  • Shock (Wildfire Chronicles #1.5)
  • Dead Land Volume One
  • Family (Surviving The Evacuation #3)
  • Wasteland (Surviving The Evacuation #2)
  • HADRON Dark Matter (HADRON, #1)
  • Jim's First Day (The Infected, #1)
  • Dead Dayz
  • They Came With The Snow (They Came with the Snow, #1)
  • Resurrection (Resurrection #1)
  • Escape: A Post-Apocalyptic Survival series (Dark Road Book 2)
  • Slow Burn Box Set: The Complete Post Apocalyptic Series (Books 1-9)
  • Breakdown (Dark Road Book 1)
  • My Dead World
  • Disruptive Shock: An EMP Survival story (Disruptive Shock #1)
Richard Denoncourt writes stories that take place in other worlds, parallel dimensions, and near and distant futures. Common themes include the coming-of-age experience, the power of the mind to achieve the impossible, and the battle against violent and oppressive systems.

His books are usually about the heroes who choose to defy those systems...and why we all should.

He has worked a variety of