Start by marking “The Little Love That Could: Stories of Tenacious Love, Underdogs, and Ragamuffins” as Want to Read:

In this collection of personal essays, Pamela Capone writes with both heart and humor. Using historical and contemporary examples--as well as stories from her own life--she writes for the soul and for the sole intention of pointing to love.

This book is about teensy-weensy firecracker love, love that, when ignited, lights up someone's dark night. It's about feet-on-the-grou
Published March 10th 2019 by Aha! Press

To ask other readers questions about The Little Love That Could, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Love That Could

Start your review of The Little Love That Could: Stories of Tenacious Love, Underdogs, and Ragamuffins
Nancy Revis
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this book. I couldn't wait to read it. Her last book, 'I punched myself in the eye' was so fun to read that I couldn't put it down. Her life lessons in love and way of writing makes me feel like I am in her head. If you have the urge to buy this book, don't fight it. This book will make your heart grow three sizes bigger. I hope I get to meet Pamela at a book signing someday to let her know how much she has changed my view on life. I read an advanced reader copy for my honest r ...more
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
“The Little Love That Could: Stories of Tenacious Love, Underdogs, and Ragamuffins” by Pamela Capone shares personal essays of small, powerful, explosive, quiet, tenacious, and engaging love. These different types of love persevere and never give up as they demonstrate that indeed love can.
Throughout the book, Pamela Capone gives readers insight into her life and the lessons about love that she has learned. I savored each short chapter as a devotional or meditation. The insights helped me see p
Libby Kirsch
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not many of us take the time to stop and think about our day in any real, meaningful way, but Pamela Capone’s new book, The Little Love That Could, encourages us to do just that—to consider how small, seemingly unimportant interactions and events in our lives actually have real meaning. The book is an entertaining reminder to not only stop and smell the roses, but to stop and examine how our actions impact loved ones and strangers, and how our attitudes and way of living can and should encourage ...more
Katie Thompson
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The stories are just beautiful. They are incredibly personal, and beautifully written. It truly does feel like the writer is sitting beside us, pouring her heart out.
Rebecca Ambrose
The format of the book takes a little getting used to, but once you realise that the short, snappy chapters which have no discernable timeline are reflective of the way one's own musings on a theme (in this case being the theme of Love) can go from thought to thought naturally if not in a linear fashion, then it makes this book easier to grasp and read.

There are some wonderful observations which will resonate with readers but also some thoughts which go off on too much of a tangent from what the
Richard Propes
May 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Given that "The Little Love That Could: Stories of Tenacious Love, Underdogs, and Ragamuffins" isn't Pamela Capone's first book, it's perfectly understandable that Capone, with the exception of the very first story in the book, barely references the childhood experiences that led to her own self-perception as a "rescue" and eventually toward a life of inspirational writing and speaking.

The youngest of nine children orphaned by their biological parents, Pamela was taken in by her foster parents
Beth Midgley
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this Little Love That Could book! This book is filled with personality and warmth, set in a conversational tone. You feel as if you are almost eaves-dropping on an inside chat between friends as they sit by the fire and hear them share something funny or interesting that happened that day.

How the author could paint a picture with words is just amazing. You felt you were right along there with her feeling your blackened feet against the hot gritty gravel in the driveway with the “chi, c
Reader Views
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed by Carol Hoyer for Reader Views (05/19)

Pamela Capone’s “The Little Love That Could” provides readers with an honest, touching look into the lives many of us lead. There is not a single essay or situation that will leave one untouched. Beginning with her story as a ragamuffin that is taken in by her foster parents, Capone describes how she felt she would never be loved or cared for yet throughout her life she becomes a most loving, faithful, compassionate woman.

I felt like I was sitting
Billy Buttons
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was entered in The Wishing Shelf Book Awards. This is what our readers thought:
Title: The Little Love That Could

Writing Style: 10/10
Content: 9/10
Cover: 9/10
Of the 16 readers:
16 would read another book by this author.
15 thought the cover was good or excellent.
16 felt it was easy to follow.
16 would recommend this story to another reader to try.
Of all the readers, 6 felt the author’s strongest skill was ‘subje
Ceitci Demirkova
Incredibly captivating, The Little Love That Could is filled with inspirational stories, and thought provoking and faith-filled messages written in the most unique and transparent style. Author Pamela Capone takes us on a journey through her life, giving us a front-row seat to her best memories, painful diffi- culties, and aha moments, causing fresh hope to rise within a reader’s heart. Her positive outlook on life, mixed with a sense of humor, makes each chapter easy to read and relate to in a ...more
Sean
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazingly, after writing I Punched Myself in the Eye, Pamela Capone still has more humorous and profound wisdom to share with the world. That’s what The Little Love That Could is for.

In this potent work, Capone starts off by sharing some intimate stories from her barefoot childhood. Drawing upon the insights gained from the senior citizens with whom she visits regularly, philo- sophical giants such as Victor Frankl, passages from the Bible, and especially her own life experience, she shares her
Vicki
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had the opportunity to read an advanced Reader copy for my unbiased and professional opinion. Wow!
I love Pamela Capone’s writing. . . . I literally laughed out loud in several of the chapters. Not just smiled and silently giggled, but a hearty, make-some- noise laugh. Those moments are coupled with moments of introspection and inspiration. I love Capone’s transformation of the term ‘stranger’ to ‘the Unmet,’ leaving the potential for a future friendship. Ideas like that are offered with insigh
Jamie Randy
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Little Love That Could provides snapshots of Pamela Capone’s life where she finds love, forgiveness, and redemption. Her ‘ragamuffin’ origin allows her to connect to the hearts of those around her, including hundreds of little Guatemalan IMA girls. Capone shows that despite our differences, there are some things that transcend language, culture, and age. Her words inspire us to see the God-given treasures that are all around us.

—Jamie Randy, president, International Medical Assistance (IMA)

I
Cheryl Du Val-Potter
The Little Love That Could by Pamela Capone is an amazing book of beautiful stories that are written from the heart with extraordinary love. She has a real gift for telling stories that brought out the laughter, humor, tears, and even empathy [toward] my own self. This is such a beautiful, feel-good book as Capone shares her journey of the experiences she has had with family and friendships. The Little Love That Could will make anyone feel the power of love. I received an advanced copy of the bo ...more
Molly
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: faith and humor fans
Recommended to Molly by: Booksprout
when I was in college, and I became a new Christian, there was a daily devotional that either followed a bible verse or a theme.

This book reminds me of that - a collection of wisdom nuggets, bits of humor, odd touches of faith, and various sized lumps of humility thrown in.

great for a study group or devotionals.

Rebecca D
The Little Love That Could is full of short snappy musings of the authors reflections on love. All kids of love! From our relationships with our friends, families, and other loved ones these glimpses into the author’s life are relatable.

While the stories do not to tie together to create a plot, they will each bring you a little glimmer of happiness and hope. I think this is something you can keep on hand and read in doses as you need them. Almost a modern Chicken Soup for the Soul.
Lyn
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic book! Filled with little notes of love. A variety of topics all centering around - you guessed it --love. The perfect gift for a friend, a shower present, or yourself! Plan to stop and read a few stories, then put the book aside. Come back later for more encouragement and love. Take you time and savor! Enjoy! NetGalley and provided an advanced review copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!
Jamie Johnson
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
God smiled on Pam in her pajammies and kissed her head of blond ringlets to send her into the world to write stories to nudge us to be a little better as we laugh, cry and HOPE! I was lucky enough to read an advance reader view of this amazing book before its release and so thoroughly enjoyed it that I wanted to leave my own review here.
Lydia Furnari
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pam has a special writing talent. I immensely enjoyed reading her latest book. I felt like we were sitting together having coffee and chatting.
I look forward to reading any future books she will write. I also like the way she brings in scripture. Love that!
I read an advanced reader copy for my honest review.
Jim McNeff
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had the opportunity read an advanced copy for my honest review. Capone never fails to "deliver the goods." She inspires and makes me laugh like few others. Job well done!

—Jim McNeff, police lieutenant (ret.); author; partner and managing editor, Law Enforcement Today
Karyn Martorana
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cristie Underwood
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
The author's search for love, forgiveness and redemption were beautifully captured in the stories of this memoir. I love how she proved that little interactions could have major impacts on our lives.
Amy
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pamela Capone has done it again... and most can’t even do it once. Her ability to relate and move the audience with humor and depth is truly a gift and so is she.
Kim Towle
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cannot put Pam Capone’s books down. She did it again with The Little Love that Could. Can’t stop reading and laughing. She keeps you thinking about your own life each day. Well done Pam!
Kprsmommsn.Com
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. With Pam Capone's vivid descriptions, I felt like I was standing beside her. A Delightful Must Read!
Shawn
Mar 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Very sweet. I want to hang out with Inez.
Sylvia Tylka
Mar 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute

It was cute but somewhat slow and boring! Cute idea! Would not recommend it unless you lead a boring life.
Cindy
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The stories are sweet and inspiring. I enjoyed reading each one.
Jeff
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pamela Capone’s writing is brilliant, hilarious, self-deprecating, and wise. This delightful book is filled with vulnerability and courage and deep joy.

—Jeff Tacklind, pastor of Little Church by the Sea (Laguna Beach, CA); author of The Winding Path of Transformation

I read an advanced reader copy for my honest and personal review.
Keryn
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I flat-out loved it! Pamela Capone is an incredibly gifted writer. She draws you into her colorful world and takes you along this beautiful journey filled with stories and observations that create meaningful moments that matter. She truly touched my soul! I read an advanced reader copy for my review.

—Keryn Douglass

• The Risk Theatre Model of Tragedy: Gambling, Drama, and the Unexpected
  • My Impossible Life: trauma travel transcendence
  • Britfield and the Lost Crown
  • The Stone of Wisdom (The Centaur Chronicles, #4)
  • Eternal Seas (The Relic Hunters, #1)
  • Terror in Boring Town (A Sam and Rex Adventure, #1)
  • Space Dragons
  • Skinny House: A Memoir of Family
  • The Adventures of Polo the Bear: A Story of Climate Change
  • Intoxicating Tango: My Years in Buenos Aires (Death Dance Destiny Memoir Trilogy Book 3)
  • Oscar The Ferry Cat
  • Wall of Silence
  • The Lost Valor of Love (Transcendence, #1)
  • Arnold Falls
  • There is Nothing to Fix: Becoming Whole Through Radical Self-Acceptance
  • Inconvenient Memories: A Personal Account of the Tiananmen Square Incident and the China Before and After
  • Corallai
  • Secrets and Spies: A Scottish Wartime Mystery
People watcher. Evidence gatherer. Dot connector.

News & Interviews