Start by marking “Breaking Her Defenses (Thirty-Something in the City - The Coopers Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Breaking Her Defenses (Thirty-Something in the City - The Coopers Book 1)

Breaking Her Defenses (Thirty-Something in the City - The Coopers Book 1)

Johannesburg… City of Gold. City of Love?

Adam Cooper can’t do relationships, and has two failed engagements to prove it. His work as a lawyer, a shark in the courtroom, brings out a side of him that women don’t like or understand.
With his last breakup, he was left so disillusioned he not only swore off relationships but even took an extended break from the work he loves.
Published March 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Breaking Her Defenses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking Her Defenses

Natasha McLear Author
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I like a romance where one or both of the lead characters have a painful past. Because... well, love heals all.
Breaking Her Defences scores on both. Adam Cooper is a good guy who wanted a relationship, he's been engaged twice and has been hurt twice. Whats worse, both girlfriends made him feel it was his fault, so he's lost faith in himself as a potential husband. A really shame because he comes from a large loving family, the kind who are always in an out of one-another's houses, in and out of
Rowena
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am always in awe when I discover a new author with a debut book that amazes me. This newest release is no different and a definite must read for anyone who love to read a really great romance story. Well written, characters are fantastic and a relatable story are just a few reason that I highly recommend this read. I need the rest of the family story and hope the author writes their story.
Pat
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so worth the read with the great character and storyline development that kept me totally captivated as I turned each and every page! This was the first book that I have read from this author and it definitely will not be the last!
Carla
Carla's Five Star Review

Adam Cooper is married to his job, and he has two failed engagements to prove it. His last break up has left him reeling both personally and professionally. He has all but given up on finding love until Holly Monroe unexpectedly shows up in his life.

Holly's life has been far from easy. She lost her parents at a young age, and she has always ached to have a loving family. Now, for the very first time, she has some hope that her dream might actually come true. However, her
Isabelle D'A
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Breaking Her Defenses by Bailie Hantman is a gripping and beautiful love story. It's full of unconditional love based on a dark past, one that has broken their hearts but that only themselves can mend, and subsequently heal each other.

Breaking Her Defenses is Adam and Holly's journey through life, love but most importantly to each other. You will particularly like how strong they evolved to be and how they remained true to each other. So many factors could have ruined their relationship but they
Teri
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After seeing her family crumble in the worst of ways she endured the system until she was able to find her brother. Now the hard part begins. Moving and starting a new life she had no idea what the change would mean, for her it was a means to an end. He was gun shy after a couple of failed attempts at marriage but she called to everything in him. Lies of omission and an unwillingness to have a white night take care of everything causes unexpected results. Finding a place that's home, new friends ...more
Jordan Leger
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First i need to say that, I for one, hope to be reading more of this family. This was really great reading.

Holly needed a change in her career and made a choice to move. She came across a room for rent through her real estate agent, or flat as the author says it, which I liked. Within the first few seconds of getting to her new place, she meets Adam. And from what we all will gather, he is already smitten with Holly.

There is more to this story of course, but you won't find much of a spoiler al
Wendy Livingstone
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For a debut novel this author has blown me away, and she is certainly an author to look out for in the future! Adam is a dedicated career man after two failed engagements he is convinced that he does not want another relationship. Holly has had a tough life and moves to a new town to follow her dreams. No spoilers; this is a definite must read, you will not be disappointed. This is a beautifully written story which is filled with secrets, drama, and love, which all had me totally captivated thro ...more
Book-Lovin-Momma
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Adam and Holly's story was full of emotion and insight. I really liked that these two weren't perfect, that they had their fair share of flaws. They not only recognized them, but accepted that it was a part of who they were. The Cooper family is amazing - their family dynamics was heartwarming yet full of the drama that families have. I'd love to read their stories as well. This book wasn't overloaded with steamy scenes, but there were enough to feel the chemistry between Adam and Holly. This wa ...more
Sophie Ruthven
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I cannot believe this is a debut author. Seriously I'm in shock.
This was the kind of book I expected from someone with more than a few books under their belt.
It is full of drama and secrets, plus love the fact it talks about the struggles SA is currently going through with load shredding.
Cannot wait to read more from this author as many of the characters hinted at back stories, and as I fell in love with every one in the tight nit bunch, I can't wait to learn them all.
Bravo Bailee Hantam, you're
Michele
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This my first book by this author. It will not be my last. I can not wait to read more from this author! I really enjoyed the characters and their story. I loved the family and the insights to each member and how their relationships play a role in the story. How far one will go to make their dreams come true? Is it worth It? A highly recommended read. Check this one out! I am voluntarily leaving my review after reading an advance copy of the book from the author.
Reva Coomer
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm really impressed with this book and author. Congratulations on making me fall in love with the Cooper family. Fantastic characters and great story line. Holly was very likable and a good for Adam. The writing style is a little different than I'm used to, but still a fantastic read. Can't wait to hear more from this family!
Lofty
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Adam meets Holly when she moves into the flat his mother rents out.
Adam knows she has a past and secrets but will she trust him with them?
She’s moved to a new area & is desperate to get her custody of her brother can she succeed?
Looking forward to reading more from the family.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Nice debut story
Clayr Catherall
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great debut book! Really enjoyed Adam and Holly’s story. Looking forward to reading more by this author in the future.
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great first book by a new author. Adam & Holly are a beautiful couple that I can say I was truly rooting for. I fell in love with the Cooper family and really hope to see more of them.
Brandy Freeman
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I have read by this author, but it won't be my last!

This book drew me in from the start!
Lizzi
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Holly & Adam. A unique and interesting story line. An awesome book. Well worth the read!!
Rachel Marie