Start by marking “Spring's Rising (The Lochlann Treaty Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Spring's Rising (The Lochlann Treaty Book 2)

Spring's Rising

(The Lochlann Treaty #2)

They say ignorance is bliss.

Charlie used to believe that was a lie, but now she’s not so sure.

As the truth comes to light, everything Charlie thought she knew, everything she thought she wanted is called into question.

Though she manages a daring escape from her captors, the black mark of the Aramach is spreading like wildfire, threatening the fragile peace between Luan and
Published April 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Spring's Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spring's Rising

Laura A. Grace
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! That was quite the adventure. I was slightly nervous starting Spring's Rising because I didn't love the previous book, but at the same time HAD to know what happened.

Well, find out what happened I did.

And man! Poor Charlie! That beginning was brutal and was totally concerned what was going to happen to these characters. All except one, that is. For possible spoilers, I won't say who, but I didn't like him at the end of Winter's Captive and definitely still don't like him now. However, kudos
Lissa Hawley
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am addicted to these characters. I did not want real life to interfere with my reading.

This book was a bit darker than book one. Or rather it lacked some of the levity that a more naive Charlie provided. But she has grown so much as a character, I already want to read the next book to see how her arc continues.

Definitely recommended (but read book 1 first).
Christina Morley
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Poor Charlie! Life only gets harder for her after her escape from her captors and her connection to Logan gets more complicated. She used to pretend that her future with Oliver would end up like a fairy tale, but grim reality and learning the truth about him only makes her outlook more tormented. She is willing to make the ultimate sacrifice, her freedom and happiness, for the safety of the two kingdoms. Will marriage to Oliver be enough, though? And, why are the adults so oblivious to the machi ...more
Michelle
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG this book. I've been waiting for this. For months now, I've struggled reading fantasy - odd for me because I love the genre. I just can't make it through any. But this book... well, this book is the slump buster to end all slump busters. It's an amazing fantasy that reads with the ease of a contemporary. I couldn't look away and read it in one sitting.

We pick up right where the first left off and soon have Charlie and the two brothers traveling across kingdoms in their injured states to rea
Cyndi
WOW!!!!
JUST WOW!
I'm so loving this series! WINTER'S CAPTIVE, the first book grabbed ahold of me and I hadn't read a YA book before . I was so impressed that i couldn't wait for this book to make its appearance cause I wanted to know what was going to happen with Charlie , Oli and Logan, not to mention the lesser characters in the background.
So many great characters , even to the horses!!
Now , more questions arise! And although we can surmise that Oli' s father has been murdered, I'm not putting
Eric
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

As far as second books in a series go, this one is better than many that I've read. Spring's Rising picks up right where Winter's Captive left off and does a nice job continuing the story line. I enjoyed getting to know the characters better and being able to feel their emotions. The way humor and sarcasm was sprinkled in throughout the book made it fun to read. I'll definitely read the next book in the series.
Sarah Ruth
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my WOW!! The first book of the series was a little stilted. An enjoyable story but not amazing. But for sure good enough to roll into the next book so I did. SHUTUP! It was soooo good!! How did they do that?! I’m officially in love with Logan and Charlie. Somehow I even love Oli a little after book 2. I can’t wait to see what happens next. No rush or anything ladies, because I want you to do your best. BUT IM READY FOR BOOK 3!
Tanya L.  Harris
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie-books
All to often you find that sequels fall short of the glorious story told in the first volume. This is not the case Spring's Rising! With this book, it out shines it's predecessor! The author(s) have done an incredible job developing their characters, especially, Charlie and the plot. There great twists and turns in the plot that keep you guessing as to what will happen next. I could not put this book and I can't wait for the next installment! Fantastic read!
Amanda M
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This picks up right where the last one left off. The storyline develops even further. This is one of those reads that'll take you aback and leave you with more questions than answers. A complete engrossing tale intertwined with suspense and mystery along with a little romance. I can't wait to read the next in this series.
Erin
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great continuation to Winter's Captive. This book picked up where the first left off with Charlie finding Oliver. As the story continues on she soon learns of the many betrayals and lies that were being hidden from her. Truth's come out and hearts are broken. The ending left many questions of the future that i cannot wait for the next book to find out about.
Kyle Sheets
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this sequel to Winters Captive. I thought the writing was very well done, flowing from one thought to the next without a hiccup. The character growth of Charlie was interesting and fun to watch from book one to the end of book two.
I liked how you saw a darker sense to the kingdoms and watched how these unfolded throughout the story. Definitely look forward to book three!!
Ashley McCartney
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As an advanced reader of this new and upcoming book I am leaving my honest review.

I couldn’t put this book down. I finished it only a few hours after starting it. Every new and old character brought a new twist to the story. I can’t wait to see what happens next. Book three will not be able to get here fast enough! The authors of this series have jumped to my top ten list for sure!
Stephanie
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal!!! The first book was really good, but this one took it to a whole new level! It was funny, entertaining, and gave me alllllll the feels. I read it all in one sitting, once I started I couldn’t stop. And now I’m not sure what to do with my life until the next one comes out
Chelsey
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't wait for the sequel to Winter's Captive, and it did not disappoint! I loved seeing the characters' personalities develop even more, and the writing is fantastic! Can't wait for the third book.
Jillian Lowe
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this down, I can’t believe how much I love this book, I was a fan of the first one but now I’m a super fan. Absolutely can’t wait to see what’s in store for Charlie, Ollie, Logan and many more of the characters I’m quickly falling in love with. Can we say MOVIE! Yes please.
Laetitia
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from the author.
Just like book 1, this novel was a quick and engaging read.

The pace is perfect for a book like this. Some parts of the storyline I was able to predict while others are still a mystery to me.
There are some editing errors in the book series so far but not enough to take attention away from the story. I am definitely feeling all the emotions conveyed by the characters. And I am loving the character development for Charlie.

I cannot wait for the next
Tami
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emma
Mar 09, 2019
Robin Mahle
Mar 09, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Elle Madison
Mar 09, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Felicia
Lindsay Trapp
May 10, 2019
Michelle
May 18, 2019

The Lochlann Treaty (2 books)
  • Winter's Captive (The Lochlann Treaty Book 1)