Start by marking “Looking for Trouble” as Want to Read:
Looking for Trouble

Looking for Trouble

Dylan Sutton doesn’t go looking for trouble, but it always seems to find him. After the devastating loss of his father, he travels across the country to deliver a letter to his dad’s estranged best friend. But surely, he deserves a night of relaxation when he first gets to town, right? He sets his sights on the attractive older guy at the bar—except his almost-one-night-st ...more
Published March 8th 2019 by Riley Hart

To ask other readers questions about Looking for Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Looking for Trouble

Start your review of Looking for Trouble
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I started Looking for Trouble last night and stayed up way too late to finish.

I loved pretty much everything about this story:

- opposites attract (Dylan is full of energy and talks a mile a minute; Clay is stoic and not particularly social);
- age gap (Clay is 20 years older than Dylan's 25, but Clay is the only one who has an issue with the age difference. Dylan prefers older men. FYI: there's no Daddy/boy kink);
- deep connection between the MCs (Dylan comes looking for Clay to deliver a let
Jan
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ku, lgbtq
** 2.5 Stars **

A cute and Ok read.
Meags
4 Stars

I really enjoyed reading Looking for Trouble. This story was beautifully written, perfectly blending strong character development and natural relationship progression with plenty of emotional oomph and steam to boot. It felt reminiscent of Riley’s older reads, particularly those in the Blackcreek and Crossroads series, both of which made me fall in love with her stories.

There’s quite a hefty age gap between our MCs, with Dylan being 25 years old to Clay’s 45 years. If that wasn’t enough o
Susan
Mar 13, 2019 marked it as dnf
DNF at 8%

He wasn’t confident about most things, and he sure as shit fucked up a lot, but he was confident when it came to sex. That he knew he was good at.

I always think it’s hilarious when someone says this in a book. I think no one can be good at THE sex.

You can have amazing chemistry with someone and have great sex because of it. But if you claim to be good at all sex, it’s like you’re saying one size fits all.

If you do one thing that someone enjoys does not mean EVERYONE will enjoy that
Jennifer☠Pher☠
2★'s = it was ok.

I am totally going to be the odd woman out on this one, I just know it.

So, I’m going to be 45 in October and the kid that wasn’t born by me but is mine just the same will be 25 in May.

Do you see where I am going with this?

I think that maybe I could have read this without being creeped out but Mike, Dad, Mike, Dad just came up a lot and well, that part of it made me feel a little ick. I don’t think I’d be ok with one of my friends getting with my kid, yeah? I guess if I was dead
Cadiva
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Riley at her sweetest - this is a gorgeous romance

This is the kind of romance Riley Hart excels at, it's sweet, has just enough angst to keep the tension in the narrative without ever going overboard.

I loved Dylan and Clay, their differences made them a perfect match.
Ariana
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: age-gap, ku, lgbtq
I quite enjoyed it, but it reminded me that Riley Hart's writing style and me don't mesh particularly well.

Dylan was cute, Clay suitably broody and hairy (and yes, just like Dylan I was also tempted to rub my face all over that chest hair!) and the plot virtually angst free. I loved the age gap because it's one of my most favourite tropes, and we also get some fun banter, but nothing in the league of other authors I've read.

What really got to me was the frequent on-page documentation of the char
Tizerkane 13
Mar 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
Finally DNFed at 70% ... frankly, reading this book felt like Chinese water torture ... Dylan was obnoxious and supremely irritating, and when that wasn't happening, I couldn't be any more bored than I was while attempting to read this :-/! Seriously, this felt like trying to run knee deep in molasses ... at 70%, I just couldn't take it anymore, couldn't be any less involved with this book, and decided enough was enough!! I just don't care what happens next and I don't care if these two end up t ...more
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Here’s the thing, when Riley Hart is on point I am a happy, happy reader. As far as I’m concerned this was prime Hart.
I enjoyed both protagonists. I was sincerely sorry when the book ended, I enjoyed them so much.
I enjoyed their struggles.
The passion worked.
They fit in the world they lived in.
Secondary characters played small roles but no one was annoying.
Add the dog and well, winning.
Christina
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I freaking loved this book! Dylan is one of my favorite characters EVER that Riley has written. And the way Clayton cares for him? SWOON!
Sanaa
Mar 16, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

This was not my favorite Riley Hart but still kinda enjoyable. I had a love/hate relationship with some of the characters. But I liked the slow burn part of the story. Hopefully I like the next one better.
Lucy
I started this one as soon as it released, because I do really like Riley Hart's books, but also a 20 year age gap and dad's best friend, uh yes please!

In this book we have Dylan whose looking to deliver a letter for his deceased dad, he's upped and left his life and driven a long way to deliver this so he deserves a little something and decides to go find a hook-up for the night. He goes to a nearby bar and automatically sets his sight on a gorgeous older man, but it turns out that his mysterio
Zuzu
Jul 09, 2019 added it
Shelves: ku
DNF 11%. I don’t particularly like flashbacks.
haletostilinski
This was a great, solid story with good MC's and a great relationship. I enjoyed Dylan and Clay's chemistry from the start and this was a good love story.

Dylan is Mike's 25 year old son, who was best friends with Clay when they were younger, but an event when they were 18 stopped their friendship and they Clay and Mike hadn't seen or talked to each other in 27 years.

But when Mike dies, he had asked Dylan to give a letter to Clay and Dylan decided to ride across the country to deliver it to Cla
Kelly
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You With the Sad Eyes

I think this is my favorite Riley book to date.
If you cry easy, you might need a tissue, this one is pretty angsty.
Clay and Dylan work really well together, and like most Riley Hart books, this has a strong real world feel. The things in these books could easily be about a friend or a neighbor.

The only thing is, I would have liked to see Dylan start a booth or etsy with his talent, since a lot of the book was about conquering self doubt, it would have rounded it out.
Chris
Apr 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-contemporary
This was sweet ... a chance for both men to move on from living in the past. The age gap was no big issue although there was a great opportunity for some Daddy / boy kink !
THE GOTH CRITIC
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book is okay. I am not really inspired to leave a detailed review this time but I can tell that the story is readable, the narration smooth (more or less) and the characters defined and touching in their ways although their backgrounds are somewhat blurry and badly developped.

I am less impressed by the plot that lacks originality terribly, just another cliché story between a grumpy middle-aged, solitary, gay hottie and a devil may care, sassy, bratty young adult in the open. The flashback
Ula'ndi Hart
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: age-gap
Overall book rating: 2.5
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: I don't like it

It’s me most probably. And not the book. I really am a Riley Hart fan.

I think maybe this wasn't the thing to do right after a DARK read.

I’m sorry for not having my boat rocked. I guess poor Dylan was to much for me at
this stage cause not even the age gap made up for it.

Ay
Mar 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
Dnf pretty quickly.

I love a good may September story. This one disappointed. I hate May September stories where the younger one is all juvenile.
Bibliophile
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Fun, light read. :)
.Lili.
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, age-gap
3.5 - 4 Stars

It took a while for it to pick up for me, but it did get better as it progressed. Overall a cute read.
Rachel Emily
*happy sigh*

This book just left me with all the feels, and completely and totally in love with Trouble and Sad Eyes and how wonderful they were together. This is Riley Hart storytelling that simply I love - plenty of emotion, crazy good chemistry between the two MCs, a bit of angst and worry, and then that wonderful HEA for our two MCs.

Love me some age gap romance, and this was perfect! Dylan is 25 and Clay is 45, and although that's an issue for Clay at the beginning, it's more that Dylan is h
Barb ~rede-2-read~
I loved this story. And to be honest, I'm surprised I loved it as much as I did. I like this author's work and have rated a few past books as 5 stars, but I went into this thinking it had a lot of daddy kink and was more than pleasantly surprised to find it is way more than that. In fact, I wouldn't even categorize it that way.

What it is is a beautiful story of a young man who travels across country to deliver a letter from his dead father to his dad's former best friend--a man he fought with,
Elizabeth
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow this book was a lot of great. Age gap, sexy underwear, comfort/hurt, hot love making. The story is beautiful with a very interesting premise. As you read the book not all questions get answered but the relationship between Clay and Dylan happens so organically you kinda of forget and just focus on them. The HEA is a good one and the guys together are sexy and believable. Good book.
Taylor | LostinReadingRomance
Jul 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a good read. I was just expecting sexy fluff for fun, but honestly there was a great progression to Dylan and Clay's relationship. They had a ton to deal with and while it had some angsty moments they were needed because otherwise it would have just been glossed over.

I liked Dylan. He was spacey, all over the place and constantly apologizing. He judged himself so harshly for his ADHD. I'll admit I have my Dylan moments as someone who also has ADHD, but the constant buzzing and fast tal
Lynn
Normally Riley Hart guarantees me a 4 to 5 star read but unfortunately I wasn't convinced of the connection between the two main characters. I kept comparing this story to my favourite May to December romance, The Thomas Elkin Series and this one fell short. ...more
 ♥ Rebecca ♥
I really enjoyed this book. Dylan is a sweetheart, and I love age gaps. This was a great example of age gaps although I would have liked if Clay’s protectiveness and caretaking had been more emphasized. And the book was a bit drawn out. Still a sweet and happy read. And I love the Dylan on the cover. 😍 He’s perfect and I pictured him the whole time I was reading.
Francisca Morar
4.5*! As most of Riley's books, this was a very enjoyable read with low angst and sexy moments!
Lily
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it
This book turned out way better than I was expecting. I thought the whole sleeping with your dad's best friend might be a bit off putting. But they made Clay and Dylan such wonderfully rich characters I couldn't help but wish for them to get together and be happy. I loved the heated scenes and underlying sexual tension between them. But I was ready for the book to be over like at 70%. I mean they were together, future looks bright, HEA, right? I just didn't get why the story was stretched for su ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• LOL: Laugh Out Loud (After Oscar #2)
  • Pretty Things
  • IRL: In Real Life (After Oscar, #1)
  • #Burn (Fever Falls, #2)
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
  • The Coincidence
  • Viper (Fallen Angel #2)
  • Starting from Zero (Starting From #1)
  • Pixie (Ballsy Boys, #5)
  • Upside Down
  • The Hate You Drink
  • Milo (Finding Home, #2)
  • Angel (Fallen Angel, #3)
  • Halo (Fallen Angel, #1)
  • The Secret (Love in O'Leary #3)
  • Rebound (Pucks & Rainbows, #1)
  • Gideon (Finding Home, #3)
  • Wilde Love (Forever Wilde #6)
Riley Hart is the girl who wears her heart on her sleeve. She's a hopeless romantic. A lover of sexy stories, passionate men, and writing about all the trouble they can get into together. If she's not writing, you'll probably find her reading.

Riley lives in California with her awesome family, who she is thankful for everyday.

News & Interviews