Start by marking “Looking for Trouble” as Want to Read:
Looking for Trouble

Looking for Trouble

Dylan Sutton doesn’t go looking for trouble, but it always seems to find him. After the devastating loss of his father, he travels across the country to deliver a letter to his dad’s estranged best friend. But surely, he deserves a night of relaxation when he first gets to town, right? He sets his sights on the attractive older guy at the bar—except his almost-one-night-st ...more
Published March 8th 2019 by Riley Hart

To ask other readers questions about Looking for Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Looking for Trouble

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I started Looking for Trouble last night and stayed up way too late to finish.

I loved pretty much everything about this story:

- opposites attract (Dylan is full of energy and talks a mile a minute; Clay is stoic and not particularly social);
- age gap (Clay is 20 years older than Dylan's 25, but Clay is the only one who has an issue with the age difference. Dylan prefers older men. FYI: there's no Daddy/boy kink);
- deep connection between the MCs (Dylan comes looking for Clay to deliver a let
Susan
Mar 13, 2019 marked it as dnf
DNF at 8%

He wasn’t confident about most things, and he sure as shit fucked up a lot, but he was confident when it came to sex. That he knew he was good at.

I always think it’s hilarious when someone says this in a book. I think no one can be good at THE sex.

You can have amazing chemistry with someone and have great sex because of it. But if you claim to be good at all sex, it’s like you’re saying one size fits all.

If you do one thing that someone enjoys does not mean EVERYONE will enjoy that sa
Jan
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lgbtq, ku
** 2.5 Stars **

A cute and Ok read.
Meags
4 Stars

I really enjoyed reading Looking for Trouble. This story was beautifully written, perfectly blending strong character development and natural relationship progression with plenty of emotional oomph and steam to boot. It felt reminiscent of Riley’s older reads, particularly those in the Blackcreek and Crossroads series, both of which made me fall in love with her stories.

There’s quite a hefty age gap between our MCs, with Dylan being 25 years old to Clay’s 45 years. If that wasn’t enough o
Jennifer☠Pher☠
2★'s = it was ok.

I am totally going to be the odd woman out on this one, I just know it.

So, I’m going to be 45 in October and the kid that wasn’t born by me but is mine just the same will be 25 in May.

Do you see where I am going with this?

I think that maybe I could have read this without being creeped out but Mike, Dad, Mike, Dad just came up a lot and well, that part of it made me feel a little ick. I don’t think I’d be ok with one of my friends getting with my kid, yeah? I guess if I was dead
Elsa Bravante
~4.5 Stars

Ariana
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: age-gap, ku, lgbtq
I quite enjoyed it, but it reminded me that Riley Hart's writing style and me don't mesh particularly well.

Dylan was cute, Clay suitably broody and hairy (and yes, just like Dylan I was also tempted to rub my face all over that chest hair!) and the plot virtually angst free. I loved the age gap because it's one of my most favourite tropes, and we also get some fun banter, but nothing in the league of other authors I've read.

What really got to me was the frequent on-page documentation of the char
Christina
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I freaking loved this book! Dylan is one of my favorite characters EVER that Riley has written. And the way Clayton cares for him? SWOON!
Sanaa Z.
Mar 16, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

This was not my favorite Riley Hart but still kinda enjoyable. I had a love/hate relationship with some of the characters. But I liked the slow burn part of the story. Hopefully I like the next one better.
*~*~Fawkes, Padfoot, and Prongs~*~*
Finally DNFed at 70% ... frankly, reading this book felt like Chinese water torture ... Dylan was obnoxious and supremely irritating, and when that wasn't happening, I couldn't be any more bored than I was while attempting to read this :-/! Seriously, this felt like trying to run knee deep in molasses ... at 70%, I just couldn't take it anymore, couldn't be any less involved with this book, and decided enough was enough!! I just don't care what happens next and I don't care if these two end up t ...more
Lucy
I started this one as soon as it released, because I do really like Riley Hart's books, but also a 20 year age gap and dad's best friend, uh yes please!

In this book we have Dylan whose looking to deliver a letter for his deceased dad, he's upped and left his life and driven a long way to deliver this so he deserves a little something and decides to go find a hook-up for the night. He goes to a nearby bar and automatically sets his sight on a gorgeous older man, but it turns out that his mysterio
haletostilinski
This was a great, solid story with good MC's and a great relationship. I enjoyed Dylan and Clay's chemistry from the start and this was a good love story.

Dylan is Mike's 25 year old son, who was best friends with Clay when they were younger, but an event when they were 18 stopped their friendship and they Clay and Mike hadn't seen or talked to each other in 27 years.

But when Mike dies, he had asked Dylan to give a letter to Clay and Dylan decided to ride across the country to deliver it to Cla
Kelly
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You With the Sad Eyes

I think this is my favorite Riley book to date.
If you cry easy, you might need a tissue, this one is pretty angsty.
Clay and Dylan work really well together, and like most Riley Hart books, this has a strong real world feel. The things in these books could easily be about a friend or a neighbor.

The only thing is, I would have liked to see Dylan start a booth or etsy with his talent, since a lot of the book was about conquering self doubt, it would have rounded it out.
Chris
Apr 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
This was sweet ... a chance for both men to move on from living in the past. The age gap was no big issue although there was a great opportunity for some Daddy / boy kink !
Ula'ndi Hart
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: age-gap
Overall book rating: 2.5
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: I don't like it

It’s me most probably. And not the book. I really am a Riley Hart fan.

I think maybe this wasn't the thing to do right after a DARK read.

I’m sorry for not having my boat rocked. I guess poor Dylan was to much for me at
this stage cause not even the age gap made up for it.

Bibliophile
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun, light read. :)
Akknieszka
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Okładka totalnie mnie kupiła. Sama historia trochę mniej ;)
.Lili.
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: age-gap, m-m
3.5 - 4 Stars

It took a while for it to pick up for me, but it did get better as it progressed. Overall a cute read.
Amazonaute
Mar 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
Dnf pretty quickly.

I love a good may September story. This one disappointed. I hate May September stories where the younger one is all juvenile.
The Critic
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book is okay. I am not really inspired to leave a detailed review this time but I can tell that the story is readable, the narration smooth (more or less) and the characters defined and touching in their ways although their backgrounds are somewhat blurry and badly developped.

I am less impressed by the plot that lacks originality terribly, just another cliché story between a grumpy middle-aged, solitary, gay hottie and a devil may care, sassy, bratty young adult in the open. The flashback
Rachel Emily
*happy sigh*

This book just left me with all the feels, and completely and totally in love with Trouble and Sad Eyes and how wonderful they were together. This is Riley Hart storytelling that simply I love - plenty of emotion, crazy good chemistry between the two MCs, a bit of angst and worry, and then that wonderful HEA for our two MCs.

Love me some age gap romance, and this was perfect! Dylan is 25 and Clay is 45, and although that's an issue for Clay at the beginning, it's more that Dylan is h
Elizabeth
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow this book was a lot of great. Age gap, sexy underwear, comfort/hurt, hot love making. The story is beautiful with a very interesting premise. As you read the book not all questions get answered but the relationship between Clay and Dylan happens so organically you kinda of forget and just focus on them. The HEA is a good one and the guys together are sexy and believable. Good book.
Francisca Morar
4.5*! As most of Riley's books, this was a very enjoyable read with low angst and sexy moments!
Stephanie
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG Riley Hart has done it again and just made me fall in love with a book!! I just absolutely love Dylan and Clayton!! I can't get over how amazing this story is. This is so far my favorite book by Riley Hart!!!
JD Crittendon
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lovable, Warts & All!

This is a sweet love story about Dylan “Trouble” & Clayton “Sad Eyes”. Yes, it is a well known trope, the May-December romance but there are somewhat interesting elements such as grief, guilt, self-esteem and high energy issues. Overall, good storytelling, well developed MCs and good pacing. Plus, fav author.
Joelle
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-sh-recs
Riley Hart is an auto click author for me. I just can't help falling in love with her characters and their stories. Honestly, I don't even have to read the blurbs for her books, I trust that she's going to give me a book that I'll love.

I really love how her covers capture a mood so well. I knew from this cover that Dylan was going to be quite the handful and I couldn't wait to see how Clay would handle him.

But that's only part of the journey Riley takes you on. She puts these two strangers toget
Leelah🍁♋️ Orion
Mar 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
It took me a little while to get into this one. I’m not sure why. Both characters were amazing, and it was a good story, so I’m not sure why it took me that long. I love that both characters came with a ton of baggage. And I really love how the ending worked out. It’s not what is expected but makes so much sense. I don’t know, maybe because I’m coming down from the high of the book I read before this one that I feel this story was missing some kind of oomph. Good story all around though
Shelby
Mar 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 21%.

Neither Dylan or Clayton have any draw, in my opinion. They both just seem to be feeling sorry for themselves. And the writing comes off very amateurish. You would think this was one of the first books the author wrote, but Riley Hart has written/co-written ~30 works.
Suzy
Mar 12, 2019 rated it liked it

This was quite frankly adorable, maybe not my fave but a wonderful read nonetheless.
Riley Hart is the girl who wears her heart on her sleeve. She's a hopeless romantic. A lover of sexy stories, passionate men, and writing about all the trouble they can get into together. If she's not writing, you'll probably find her reading.

Riley lives in California with her awesome family, who she is thankful for everyday.
“I fucking hate you, Clay. You did this! It’s your fault!” 0 likes