Start by marking “the darkness rolled over her” as Want to Read:
the darkness rolled over her

the darkness rolled over her

download FREE now

“God, kill me.”

Guin has decided to take her own life, believing it to be the only escape from her lonely depression and debilitating hopelessness. with everything planned, she wants to say goodbye to a few friends, joining them for a weekend fly fishing retreat. when she gets paired up with expert fly fisherman Roy as her mentor, their conversation an
Published March 7th 2019 by parabolos books

To ask other readers questions about the darkness rolled over her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about the darkness rolled over her

Start your review of the darkness rolled over her
Joy Rancatore
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Guin finds herself calling out for death from God. She's exhausted of fighting the trauma of her past while treading the waves of her present. Though fiction, this story of depression is as real as it gets. Anyone who's had the darkness roll over them will understand and relate.

This story is a must-read for every Guin and for everyone who knows, loves and wants to reach a Guin.

My two favorite quotes:

"the peace might not last forever, but its presence meant the darkness doesn’t last forever, ei
Chad
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Last week I reviewed a short story, kindling . Response to the story was great, so I decided to examine Paul’s second book, the darkness rolled over her. And before you say anything, the absence of capital letters is how he writes.

For those who have not read the previous review of kindling, here is the link and here are a few key points about the author. Paul Skidmore, the author, is a filmmaker. His practice impacts his stylistic word choice. As he explains, he writes “what can be seen and h
Janelle Musick
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Those that have experienced the turmoil of depression themselves or through a loved one will find truth ringing throughout this book. It’s short enough to enjoy in a few hours, but long enough to leave an impact on you long after. It is obvious that the author chooses each word carefully, and he finds metaphorical ways to garner a deep understanding for those that read his eloquent words. This book kept me guessing until the last few lines of text.
Landis
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life is a journey, not a destination.
A nice short story that reminds us that everyone is dealing with their own struggle BUT we still need each other on this journey of life. The author's style speaks to his passion for engaging storytelling and an affinity with visual language.
Clint Smith
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great Work Paul! I totally wished it was longer.
Annie Crumley
Mar 24, 2019
Chloé W.
May 26, 2020
Nathan Napier
Nov 18, 2019
paul skidmore
Mar 20, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jeff Copeland

• Chop Wood Carry Water: How to Fall In Love With the Process of Becoming Great
  • Fatshionista
  • An Altar in the World: A Geography of Faith
  • Opposite of Always
  • Creating Character Arcs: The Masterful Author's Guide to Uniting Story Structure, Plot, and Character Development
  • Stargirl (Stargirl, #1)
  • Brothers in Arms: The Epic Story of the 761st Tank Battalion, WWII's Forgotten Heroes
  • Black Gun, Silver Star: The Life and Legend of Frontier Marshal Bass Reeves
  • Story: Substance, Structure, Style, and the Principles of Screenwriting
  • Davita's Harp
  • Wishtree
  • The War That Saved My Life (The War That Saved My Life, #1)
  • The Road Home
  • Palmyre, l'irremplaçable trésor
  • The Girl Who Lived
  • The Dry Grass of August
  • One Small Sacrifice (Shadows of New York, #1)
believer. follower. filmmaker.