Start by marking “Knave of Blades (Tarot Witches: The Raven Knights Saga #1)” as Want to Read:
Knave of Blades (Tarot Witches: The Raven Knights Saga #1)

Knave of Blades (Tarot Witches: The Raven Knights Saga #1)

Allene Whelan is scavenging through the ruins of the apocalypse when she finds a magical tarot card, triggering a dizzying tailspin into the world of the unseelie sidhe and their sensual magic.

A new paranormal romance series from New York Times Bestselling Author SM Reine.
Published May 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Knave of Blades, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knave of Blades

Kelly
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay. For those of you who haven't read anything in S.M. Reine's Decentverse, you're missing out. It's a batshit crazy urban fantasy romp that has more twists and turns than the legendary labyrinth of the minotaur (that's not an obscurely subtle reference to anything that happens in these books, btw. I just like minotaurs and these books are crazy. CRAZY GOOD, PEOPLE. But also crazy. Like, WTF just happened and how did I not see that coming??? OMG THIS IS SO GOOD! crazy.)...I lost my train of th ...more
Shirley
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There’s a cute little intro for Knave of Blades that gives readers a time frame reference. This book starts not long after Genesis – an apocalyptic event in the Decentverse that changed everything. As with all series in this immense world created by S.M. Reine, Tarot Witches: The Raven Knights Saga can be read as a stand alone series, but I’m pretty sure, once you start, you’re going to want more. Trust me, I’ve been delving into this world for years and I still get excited when I find out there ...more
Stacy Van cise
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First off this is an amazingly sexy book. It is a continuation of the Tarot Witches series but also a new saga. Being familiar with SM Reine is not necessary to throughly enjoy this book.
Allene was minding her own business and surviving as a scavenger in post genesis Portland, Oregon. Alone as usual, the sound of a car in the abandoned neighborhood shocks Allene. She runs toward the sound and finds a horrific scene. One very large man was beating another very large man while a van full of kids b
Courtenay Bennett
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh, this book was fun. It was like a step back to the original Tarot Witches, except completely new and kind of unexpected.
You don’t need to be familiar with any of the backstory to read this - and if I’m being honest, I only remember bits and pieces myself because it’s been a while since I read the other books.
There’s characters from the originals, but they’re not the main focus. Instead, we’ve been given a new selection of characters to fall in love with. And hello, it’s sidhe magic, s
Donna
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW - just wow!! another brilliant book to start a new series from this amazing author!!!
Its riviting, sexy, intruiging and such a compelling read!!
The character and story left me breathless and begging for more!!
Must read!!!
Vannessa
I received this book from the publisher and author in exchange for my honest review.

Tsssss! Can you feel that heat? Boy this book was HOT! Steaming HOT! I will admit I tend not to read much PNR, but I love Sara Reine's PNR worlds and this is definitely was one to get caught up in! Although this book does follow on from the previous Tarot Witches series, which I loved, you don't have to have read them to begin this one.

Allene is a scavenger in the aftermath of Genesis, picking up everything and
C. Erani Kole
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I'm a big fan of SM Reine's work mainly because of how smooth her entertaining stories are. Whether I'm devouring three books a day or suffering from a slump, it's never a struggle to get into her books after the first page. Dialogue is her strength, I think, and she does a great job at building her story around the people interacting.

Knave of Blades introduced characters without it being too overwhelming, and I was able to follow along the main characters' own paths. The world she's built in th
Carrie
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
In this topsy turvy world that the author has created, I often have times keeping the timeline and characters straight. That being said, you can definitely dive in wherever, because my previous experience with the world, while beneficial for recognizing names, is totally not helping me predict any outcomes.

We join Leander, now a sidhe post-Genesis, who is one of the higher-ups in an anti-court “True Kingdom” group. It seems very glamorous, being the rebel fighters of this story, but early on we
Anna Ard
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First and foremost: SM Reine continues to amaze and delight me with every book she puts out. Knave of Blades is no exception. Really, the best description is "WOW!!!!"

This book is the first in a new series, The Tarot Witches: The Raven Knight Saga, and showcases just how versatile of a writer SM Reine is.

In this book we get to see how Allene, a previously mundane woman, deals with her transformation into something magical. This book can be best described as steamy with a lot of heart. I can't wa
Mary Mattson
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Knave of Blades by SM Reine
I was given a copy of this book for and honest review.
Ok, as always Sara grabs you with her books. Knave of Blades was can’t put down, sit on the edge of your seat awesome!
This is from her Decentverse series and takes place a few years after Genesis.
Alleen is a mundane that didn’t turn after Genesis. She woke up in Portland and scavenges for a living.
She meets up with some hot fae males. Leander and Keane. Aaaaand the excitement begins
There’s a prophecy, (it’s always
Darlene
Not since the sixties have I seen such sexy flower power! Sorry, that's all you get, no spoilers! Just this is mostly Ms. Reine's usual story with twists and turns in the fantasy world within our own. Familiar places with unfamiliar buildings or beings.

This one is a bit more erotic than most. If that's a turn off for you, maybe skip and read some of her other books. If not ENJOY!

I like reading about the Tarot Witches, even if this one finds herself in new places with bizarre but fun abilities.

I
Denise Belt
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Allene has been scavenging through what’s left of Oregon after the apocalypse and when she finds herself upon an unexpected situation, she finds a unique tarot card, the Knave of Blades. When she touches the card, it awakens the magic she didn’t know she had inside of her and she becomes a deadly and rare seelie sidhe who is able to stop other seelie sidhe making her a formidable weapon.

If you haven’t read the tarot witch series do not let that detour you from this book because even though ther
Sue Dalton
Jo
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow.  Buckle up - the Tarot Witches are back, post Genesis, in all their Fae sexiness.

Delivered in the confident style we have come to expect from Ms Reine, this is a fast paced, chemistry filled romp through the opening volley for this new series.  Obviously, there is some scene setting and background building, but not in an intrusive way.  This is very much driven by the characters and their interactions and although there are the inevitable world domination plans ruminating in the background,
Megb
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Allene is a scavenger after Genesis, she is just coasting by trying to keep to herself. Until she finds a tarot card, The Knave of Blades. It turns her life upside down, to say the least.

This book is hot, intense, and was slightly out of my comfort zone and I loved every minute of it! I won't give away all the details but the concert scene was freaking fire!! This book is full of feelings and emotions that take you from one end of the spectrum to the other in a matter of minutes.

Between Keane
Nereid
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well that book was certainly a page turner in more ways than one, talk about a sexy, steamy supernatural Sidhe tale. This book was definitely not what I was expecting and the author kept dishing up surprises throughout the book. Hot blooded sexed up Sidhe warriors engaged in some risque situations with a few twists and turns thrown in to get your imagination running wild, what's not to love.
I could have done without the cliffhanger ending but that just means I have to wait and see how it all tu
Fleur
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This was a great read especially as it links on with multiple other series S.M. Reine has written and you can either read this as a stand alone or as part of the other interconnecting series. There is plenty of twists, mistrust, revelations, some smutty scenes to steam up the windows as well as plenty of action and mystery to keep you hooked. I can not wait to see what happens to not only Allene but also Leander, Keane and Macsen cause you know those guys intrigue me a lot ;)
Karen
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found the plot in this book to be well developed .
The steam factor in this is definitely for adults only.
Great chemistry between the characters.
Hard to describe the plot of this book without giving it away.
Looking forward to the next book in this Saga.
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
lisa
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fairy tale with a twist , or a twisted fairy with a tail ?

Allene didn't mind waking up alone states away from her life before the world died and came back altered , but picking through the scraps of suburbia Allen finds more than she could ever imagine in the ruins of a burnt out van .. Life and love will never be the same again .
Michelle Clayford
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got this as a Patreon early bird. It’s brilliant! It’s been awhile since I was in this universe and to be honest, I’ve forgotten some of the characters and details but I enjoyed this anyway. The Tarot Witches are back with a new level and Allene is the first. This is another solid read from S.M.Reine with some steamy assistance from her sibling.
Julie
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!!

Another great read and a brilliant start to a new series. The characters are likeable and storyline sexy. Cant wait for book 2
Elizabeth
I received a free copy of this in exchange of a review. I had a harder time getting into this one for some reason but am interested to see where it goes from here.
Trish Vestal brown
Jill
Jul 01, 2019
Dawn
May 27, 2019
Hi everyone! My name is Sara, and I write urban fantasy and paranormal novels as SM Reine. I collect swords, cat hair, and typewriters (which I do use for writing!). It's a good day when those three things have nothing to do with each other.

If you would like to know the instant my next book is available, you should enlist in my Army of Evil! We have a wicked cool secret handshake, but you'll have