Start by marking “The Unlucky Ones” as Want to Read:
The Unlucky Ones

The Unlucky Ones

Misfortune. Bad luck. Heartache.

Devon Thorpe is no stranger to any of them.

After devastating news, Devon’s life becomes a prison of responsibility, heartbreak, and hardship. All her dreams to leave her small town vanish. A prisoner of circumstance.

At her breaking point, Devon has a reckless moment in a diner bathroom with a blue-eyed sexy stranger. A single encounter with
Published April 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Unlucky Ones, please sign up.
Colleen Oppenheim Hi! It just went live today. Available on ebook everywhere!

Start your review of The Unlucky Ones
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic THE UNLUCKY ONES: Is a complete stand-alone romance novel by new to me author ‘Stacey Marie Brown’

MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BEFORE: From the age of sixteen Devon's family was reeling from the death of their father whom was killed in the line of duty, her mother at only forty seven had aged beyond her years and had barely held on, not long after her mother had lost her regular day to day job she'd had at the bakery. Her
Dri ✰
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-favorites, 2019
5 STARS

▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬

“Sometimes life had a funny way of breaking you into tiny pieces and putting you back together. Handing you something you never thought you wanted, which turned out to be the exact thing you needed.”

OMG!!!!!
I LOVED IT SO MUCH!!!!!
So good! 💖💖💖

Este livro tem tudo o que eu gosto em uma história!
Personagens interessantes, complexos e apaixonantes.
Uma trama cativante e gostosa de acompanhar.
E principalmente uma narrativa tão fluida e envolvente que você n
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio – 3.25 Stars
Story – 2.5 Stars

The title and the blurb had me thinking I was in for one emotional ride. But, nope!! Having my tissues at the ready proved to be unnecessary.

This was a case of a great story idea executed weakly. It didn’t help that the author seemed to have an aversion to using contractions resulting in unnatural and cheesy dialogue.

By the end of the story, I was wishing I could pluck my eyes out and roll them down a long, sanitized hallway.
Dilek VT
Apr 05, 2019 rated it liked it
2,5 stars

This book had the potential of being a captivating emotional read but the execution of it was not good enough. Still, not a bad book but it has its drawbacks… lots of them.

I liked the chemistry and connection between the hero & heroine but there was too much other stuff that was going on.

The death of one parent, Alzheimer’s of a young mother, the death of the other parent, financial problems, spoiled and selfish sister’s problems, drug addict and selfish brother’s problems, miserable c
Sentranced Jem
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-2019, 4-5-stars
PSX_20190328_174858

Title: The Unlucky Ones
Author: Stacey Marie Brown
Publication Date: April 1st, 2019

I did not want this book to end!
Why did it have to end?! 😩

Gosh! I really enjoyed this book. The Unlucky Ones had it all: The heartbreak, the romance, the swoony moments.... everything!
You name it, Stacey Marie Brown delivered!

I can't wrap my head around how much I enjoyed this book. Devon and Lincoln's story is one of ill-fated love, heartache, angst but also of loss, pain and survival.

56262579_2624721287557806_7909111679206555648_o.jpg

I loved Devo
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
description

‘There’s nothing worse than meeting the perfect person at the wrong time.’

We were grabbed immediately by the synopsis for The Unlucky Ones, with the prologue making our hearts race, because oh boy, as sad as one part was, another was one of the hottest scenes we’ve read!

The Unlucky Ones gave us those old school romance feelings, with Stacey Marie Brown’s writing winning us over completely! This was a story brimming with heat, emotion, mystery, and secrets we were desperate to uncover! The author
Sabrina Lynn
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been devoured by this story.

I cried.
I hurt.
I felt the want. The need.
Devon and Lincoln. I love.

I wrote my review so many times. Never able to find the right words to explain what this book did to me. I was pulled in and unable to get out for two days. I think I highlighted the whole book. I always highlight the paragraphs or sentences that grab me. Or tug at my heart. This book was full of those.

The realness of Devon’s life hit so close to home. Her always being strong when all she wa
Kiki
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I read this book, there was a part where I LITERALLY dropped the kindle and my hand went over my mouth with the OMG moment. I was invested in these words from the first chapter. The author seriously did an amazing job with her storytelling of two souls who were destined to meet. The mystery and suspense about KILLED me. I group read this with my friend on a girls weekend and we gasped and swooned and just really enjoyed reading this sizzling page turned. This book was steamy, intense, all t ...more
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019

description

‘There’s nothing worse than meeting the perfect person at the wrong time.’

Kahea

Oh, hello, FEELS.

Like the whole frickin’ messy ball of wax of feels, even the ones that have liquid wanting to spill out of my eyes when I don’t want them too...twice, not once but twice...kind of feels that leave you with a massive book hangover, but your soul is oddly rejuvenated at the same time…

I have no clue if any of that *points up* makes sense, but I devoured this book. I couldn’t/wouldn’t stop reading it. It really was everything and may just go down as my fav by the author ~ which
Kilikina
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
First half- 5 stars. Second half- 3.5/4stars.

Addictive is the word I would use for this book. While this ultimately ended up lacking the “punch” I wanted this to have in the end, I was hooked throughout the whole thing. Plot became just a tad predictable in the second half, but overall I definitely enjoyed the grit these characters brought.

Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
I don’t feel anything but lucky after reading The Unlucky Ones. This unputdownable emotion-packed romance is total Kindle Crack! This was the first time I read anything by Stacey Marie Brown and definitely not my last time.
Elle's Book Blog
My Rating: 3 Stars
Tropes: Contemporary Romance | New Adult | Criminal

The Unlucky Ones is a new adult, contemporary romance novel from Stacey Marie Brown. This is an emotional read, but not in the way that readers are going to cry ugly tears throughout the story. What makes this one emotional is 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗧 (𝗜.𝗘. 𝗪𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗜𝗦 𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗘𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦 𝗟𝗜𝗩𝗘𝗦). The heroine’s mother is slowly dying of early onset Alzheimer’s and the hero (if you could call him a hero) had some terrible stuff happen i
Tracy  C
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. It kept my attention the entire time. It just missed 5 stars because of the resolution to Lincoln's issue. I can't imagine how he and Devon would ever feel secure since James knows the truth and had already proven to be volatile and shellfish. He would definitely use his knowledge to blackmail and get Lincoln to do what he wanted. Despite that, it was a very intriguing book.
2OCC Reviews
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ashlee
Wow this story is heartbreaking. Poor Devyn from the age of 16 has to grow up very quickly. Her father dies in the line of duty at 16, her sister gets pregnant soon after by a dead beat, and a few months later Devs mother develops Alzheimers at a very young age which means it's very progressive and they don't expect her to live long, and to lose her mind quickly. On the same day Dev finds this horrible news out her boyfriend of a few years accidently texts her that she's cheating on her with her ...more
SinfulSoulRead
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If I could describe “The Unlucky Ones” in one sentence from this book I would use:

„I need one moment of happiness before life consumes all of me”.

The Unlucky Ones is an exceptional story about two broken souls who at the tragic point of their life share a reckless moment together. And this short encounter gave them strength and memories to fight with cruel reality for years… and sealed their fate. Because even the thickest and highest mental wall won’t stop you from recognizing your soulmate.

Af
Ashlee
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The unlucky ones

Pam Nelson
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have really enjoyed other books by Stacey Marie Brown but they were all paranormal so going into this one I didn’t really know what to expect.
Right away you know it is going to have heavy subject matters which is fine, I guess I was expecting more sadness don’t get me wrong it was sad but again given the subject matter and the fact that I am a huge softy I figured I would be sobbing. And I wasn't, I had a tear but not even at the parts I kind would have expected to tear up at.

Devon’s a littl
Sissy's Romance Book Review
THE UNLUCKY ONES by Stacey Marie Brown is the story of Lincoln Kessler and Devon Thorpe.
Devon from her early teens where her father was killed, to her mother being diagnose with a rare Alzheimer to her sister making bad decisions. To add to the hurt of that time her boyfriend had been cheating on her...so in a weak moment she has a hot encounter with a man in a diner. Then only to see him getting arrested by her Uncle. Now all these years later she is 22 years old with her mother getting worse t
Michelle
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4-4.5 stars. Devon Thorpe’s life just keeps getting more complicated, with extra responsibility added. She just found out some bad news that will affect her plans for the future, not to mention the other stuff that added to the pile. Her day is historically awful and she’s too young for these burdens but someone has to take charge because it won’t be her sister. Yet one distraction in the diner bathroom was a bright spot for a few minutes to help her forget her worries.

I liked Devon because she
Kalli Bunch
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recently finished reading The Unlucky Ones by Stacey Marie Brown. When it was done, I had to pause a moment and reflect. This book was not only brilliantly written and breathtaking, it was heartbreaking. The Unlucky Ones is one of her Contemporary books and I knew it was going to be good. Hell, I knew it was going to be great. But I didn't know it would affect me the way it did. I didn't expect the tears that quietly fell. I didn't expect my heart to clog my throat. I didn't expect to feel the ...more
Anna Theurer (Anna's Bookshelf)
4.5 stars. I could not put this book down! The Unlucky Ones is a gritty, emotional read with a great storyline and remarkable characters. Devon is one of the strongest heroines that I have ever seen in a book. She experiences such heartbreak and grief, yet she perseveres. She is a responsible girl who is loyal and loving to her family, but be continually puts everyone else before her. Lincoln is an interesting hero. He blows hot and cold when it comes to Devon and he has secrets that he keeps hi ...more
Donna
Apr 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read

This one is full of heartache. Dev and Lincoln have had their fair share of family drama. (Maybe too much family drama) This was a very realistic story about love and loss. I loved both characters, they had great chemistry and were good for one another.
Crystal Gray
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy crap! Everything about this book was emotional. The heartache and pain. I could NOT walk away. The narrator did a wonderful job from start to finish.
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Disclaimer: This review MAY contain spoilers. I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author.

Stacey Marie Brown knows how to write a story that will pull on your heartstrings. I consumed this story at lightning speed. I was engaged in this story from start to finish.

The book really starts off with a bang and jumps right into the emotions. I think that starting the story in the thick of things really made the sorrow real and impactful. You get up close and personal with De
Kristine
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't think my heart can take these rollercoasters anymore. Wait, who am I kidding. I loved it, bring it on!

Life can be messy, hard, complicated, to some more than others. It's how you deal with everything that makes you and shapes you.

I might have emotional whiplash after this one but those changes couldn't have come at a better time in the story. It keeps you on your toes and gets you deep into the story.

Each character here beings their own baggage and pain. That being said, even through
*~Alicia~*
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Devon has been through so much for someone so young. She does something out of character and that sets off a train of events years later. This book had it all. I swooned, was swept up in the suspense, there was a moment in the book where my jaw about hit the floor. This was such a great book by Stacey Marie Brown, this one will be going to my favorites shelf. Well done!
Lorelei
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could NOT put this book down! It gripped me right from the start and I was hooked! Devon has to be so strong all the time, so responsible, but with one completely out of character decision, she has a chance encounter that will have an effect on her for years to come. Little does she know how strongly that is reciprocated. I absolutely LOVED Lincoln and Devon! ***Warning*** This book is an emotional roller coaster and will have you in tears quicker than you would think possible . This book is d ...more
Nikki Archer
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a heartbreaking story. Sad these characters are so realist Gripping fast pace read. I enjoyed the unlucky. One. A must read.
Courtney Payne
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To read my full review please go to https://opinionatedbw.blogspot.com/
The title should really have given me a hint about what was to come, but I swear guys, nothing can prepare you for the devastation that the characters go through over and over again.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Ache
  • Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
  • Out of Love
  • Fighting Absolution
  • Under the Lies
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • Playing with Fire
  • Eleanor & Grey
  • Dark Paradise (The Revelation Series #6)
  • Becoming His Mistress
  • A Five-Minute Life
  • Impact
  • The Rebel of Raleigh High (Raleigh Rebels #1)
  • Bad Boy Blues
  • Release
  • Method
  • Wilder Love (Love and Chaos, #1)
  • Exquisitely Broken (Sin City Tales #1)
Stacey Marie Brown is a lover of hot fictional bad boys and sarcastic heroines who kick butt. She also enjoys books, travel, TV shows, hiking, writing, design, and archery. Stacey swears she is part gypsy, being lucky enough to live and travel all over the world.

News & Interviews

“Men like him are quicksand. And I’m done with that type. Isaiah’s father, pinche cabron, was the ultimate bad boy. Leader of a gang. And the reason I will only date nice guys now. Need a good role model for my boy.” 0 likes