Start by marking “The Road to Redemption (Finding Grace, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Road to Redemption (Finding Grace, #1)

The Road to Redemption

(Finding Grace #1)

When Life put them together, the Universe noticed. What they didn't know is that they were made for each other. Literally.

Theo
My ex broke me, or so I thought. I'd shut down, given up. But my past doesn't seem so bleak when the woman I've only seen in my dreams walks into my usual coffee shop, jump-starting my heart and giving my soul a desperately needed punch to the gut.
ebook
Published July 26th 2019 by D.M. Davis

To ask other readers questions about The Road to Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Road to Redemption

Start your review of The Road to Redemption (Finding Grace, #1)
Shirley Cuypers
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-beta, ebooks, 2019
Original review

This book was provided by the author through Give Me Books Promotions in exchange for an honest review. Thank you D.M. Davis and Give Me Books Promotions!

The Road To Redemption
is the first book in the Finding Grace series and tells the story of Theo and Lauren.

The Road to Redemption is the fourth book I’ve read by D.M. Davis and I really enjoyed it. I liked the story and the main characters’ connection. I really like D.M. Davis’ writing style although I think that this book was a
Nate
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved Theo & Lauren's story. Good characters. This was a bit of an emotional book. In some ways, I could relate to it. I'm voluntarily leaving an honest review for a free copy of the book via hidden gem. ...more
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When Theo and Lauren meet, there's a connection (physically and emotionally) that rocks them both. Unfortunately, she walks away before he can get more than her first name. But neither can get the other off their minds in the days following. Thank God the universe decided to let them run into each other more than once until Theo finally gets her full contact details. And that's when he decides to keep her. And keep her he will, even if he has to do it patiently, subtly, so as to not frighten
Jennifer Olivas
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lauren is emotionally scarred from a physical attack that occurred a couple years ago. Added to that, she has some feelings of abandonment from her father leaving at an early age. So she really has a hard time believing that anyone would find her attractive, or want her. Especially, the very attractive professor named Theo. The two first meet in a coffee shop and there is an overwhelming attraction between them. Lauren leaves the coffee shop and Theo keeps coming back every day hoping he will ru ...more
Saskia
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book by this author so I didn’t know what to expect. I enjoyed the story, the characters and the writing style. The story flows well. There are some hints here and there about something more, but as the blurb says that element will grow.

I loved how Theo saw and treated Lauren. He sees her for who she is, Inside and Out. And he does everything he can to show her that she is worthy and perfect just the way she is.

Lauren is sure she is broken and not worthy. She is strong and very
Cassie Ashford
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me about 50% until I got into this book. When I got to the end I was all in and ready for more then Bam! Lauren and Theo’s story continues in the next book. Geez!

Lauren is a woman difficult at times to understand but at other times she is that woman we all have inside of us at times. I have a love/hate relationship with Lauren right now. As you read this book you will understand.

Theo...well that man is just perfect. There is nothing bad I can say about him from this book. But if he hur
Cindy Hughes
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book by this author that I’ve read and it was fantastic!
When Theo and Lauren meet its instant attraction! Neither one gets the others name. The universe was on their side and they met again. Lauren was attacked in the past and is closed off but Theo will be patient and show her she’s made for him. The ending was a surprise when I realized the story goes on the next book! I can’t wait for it to get here so I can find out what happens next!
Cherie Melbourne
The Road to Redemption

I'm a DM Davis fan. I loved the Until You Series and there was no way I wasn't going to read the Finding Grace Series. DM Davis writes with an intensity that draws you into the characters and their lives and keeps you longing for more of their story.
I can't wait until the next book to see the hurdles placed in the way of Theo and Lauren.
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Julie's ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Theo and Lauren’s story is absolutely breathtaking. She is totally broken and Theo is just the one to make her see that she can love. The emotion and raw love in this book are spectacular. Excellent read with an awesome storyline.
Julie Jackson
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed for SNS

Ashley Carr, LSoR
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a new author to me and her work is intriguing and thought-provoking. The characters are well developed and the storyline is spot-on if a little slow at the beginning. I absolutely love how Theo treats Lauren and he is the quintessential good guy. Lauren is another story. It took me time to warm up to her, but if Theo does her wrong I am not going to be a happy camper. I will have to wait for their relationship to develop further as this story ends in a cliffhanger. I can’t wait for the ...more
Sheila Schoenauer
I WANTED to love this book, I seriously did, I just couldn't. For starters it was long winded. Then at the end I realized that it's not even the complete story. We have to wait for more to come. It didn't even end on a cliffhanger. No, this book just ended. Then there was Lauren. I get being (or feeling) broken. I get survivor's guilt. I even get self doubt. But this woman drove me insane with all her hatred for herself. She wasn't good enough, no guy wanted her, she wasn't smart enough, how cou ...more
Gladys
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a book that I had complex feelings about. I was very intrigued by the blurb for this book and was excited to read it. I thought that it would be a very emotional read and it was. That being said, too much of anything can be overwhelming and I thought that was the case here. There is just so much heavy emotion here that this is simply not an easy book to read. Pair that with the slow burn pacing (which I do think is a perfect fit for the characters and the story being told) and sometimes ...more
Amy Stephens
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Road to Redemption is the first story I've read by D.M. Davis and I was really sucked into the story line from the first couple of pages. I could tell from the blurb it was going to be a little deeper than what I normally read, but what really shocked me was the depth of the author's writing. I love being able to get inside a character's head and that's exactly what Davis did with Theo and Lauren.

The connection between these two is instant and you know there is something there, something lea
Kelly Graham
On reading the prologue I was really expecting this book to be a lot more angsty than it is.
In actual fact it's very lovey dovey with Theo constantly reassuring Lauren as she has so many confidence issues.
When they first see each other in the coffee shop Theo comes over as an out of bounds A hole (which is possibly the kind of character I normally prefer) but with Lauren he's nothing like that. He’s always telling her how wonderful she is and how she can do anything, which gets a little bit tedi
Jen
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book one in the Finding Grace series. First off, this book does not end here so this series at this point, are not standalone reads. This book brings out some unfortunate every day challenges that we get to see how the characters work their way through. Individually, at this point both Theo and Lauren have faced the fact that because of certain life events they are just deemed broken. They just move through daily life as the day hits them until they happen to be in the same coffee shop w ...more
Carissa Janes
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me begin by saying that I do want to read the next book because I am going to need a little more to figure out why this is a paranormal book, because I'm not sure yet. The heroine was a bit over the top for me, but maybe more of that will be explained as well. I mean, part of it was explained so maybe that's just her personality. Again, I'm intrigued enough to read more, I just think it probably could have been condensed into less books.
Krista
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I hate to leave a review under 3 starts, I really do. While I appreciate the hard work put into writing a story, I struggled to finish this book. There was way too much inner dialogue and her constant running, crying, I just couldn't relate nor like her. His constant use of "dove" and "my girl" drove me crazy. That is just a big pet peeve of mine and it has caused me not to finish books before. I was just left disappointed with this book.
Brandi
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author did a great job of making you feel in the moment with this book. But I wasn't that big of a far of Lauren though I think in the next books it will show her growth.
It felt a little drawn out but again I think for the build up for the next book.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Barbara
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book one in the Finding Grace series is a beautiful well written story with a great storyline. I enjoyed reading Theo and Lauren's story about a damaged woman and the man that will make her want to experience life and love again. I received a copy of this book and I am voluntarily reviewing.
Kimhe Rockchicks
I’m really not a huge fan of cliffhanger type books. I’m a little disappointed that I have to wait a while to read the next part of the story. Although it took me a little while to get into the story I liked the concept of it. Interesting reading.
Melissa
Aug 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hidden-arc
So I'll start with there's a second book to this so there's no clear ending. Theo is the perfect male character, Lauren was a tough one to like. The plot is interesting but the story drags on.
I'm voluntarily reviewing this after receiving a free copy from Hidden Arcs.
Thi
Aug 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good read. There were some slow parts but all in all a good read.
Pat
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The storyline was good and the well rounded characters made this book an enjoyable read!
Michelle
Sep 27, 2020
Brenda  B. Forrister
rated it did not like it
Sep 27, 2019
Aug 15, 2020
ANDREA
Mar 28, 2020

• One Kiss
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • Gym or Chocolate?
  • Beaten Paths
  • Breakaway (Gold Hockey, #5)
  • Wait For Me
  • Shifting Gears (Satan's Knights Prospect Trilogy Book 1)
  • Scarred: Trey and Autumn (Cliffside Bay, #8)
  • The Billionaire Book Club
  • Hold on to Hope
  • The Baby Bargain (Inked Hearts #8)
  • Losing Manhattan
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • Devlin (7 Brides for 7 Blackthornes, #1)
  • One Wild Weekend with Connor (One Wild Weekend with, #1)
  • Jock Road (Jock Hard, #3)
  • Bad Fiancé (Billionaire's Club, #6)
  • Jason (7 Brides for 7 Blackthornes, #2)
D.M. Davis is a Contemporary and New Adult Romance Author.

She is a Texas native, wife, and mother. Her background is Project Management, technical writing, and application development. D.M. has been a lifelong reader, and wrote poetry in her early life, but has found her true passion in writing about love and the intricate relationships between men and women.

She writes of broken hearts and second

Finding Grace (2 books)
  • The Price of Atonement (Finding Grace #2)

News & Interviews

Rumaan Alam began writing Leave the World Behind with a series of tweets on a secret Twitter account he started two years ago.   The book that...