Start by marking “I Hate You” as Want to Read:
I Hate You

I Hate You

(Waylon University #3)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  13,414 ratings  ·  1,365 reviews
There’s a fine line between I hate you and I want you.
Once you cross it, there’s no going back.

Blaze Townsend: I hate you.
Charisma Rossi: I hate you more.

She’s been expecting this ever since their latest showdown. She had good reason.

Hottest guy she’s ever seen.
Former fling.
Dumped her in front of all her friends.
At her own party.

So no, she’s not about to forgive and forget
Paperback, 1st edition, 300 pages
Published August 20th 2019 by Independently published (first published August 17th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about I Hate You, please sign up.
Rainrosie Ridiculous names is a bugbear of mine as well; although I must say I did enjoy the first 2 books that I read despite the names >_<
This seems to be a …more
This seems to be a trend in last couple of decades not just in fiction but real life too. People being given last names as first names, called after place names/inanimate objects/verbs and adjectives etc(less)

·  13,414 ratings  ·  1,365 reviews

Start your review of I Hate You
NMmomof4
4.25 Stars

Overall Opinion: Wow! I went in thinking this was going to be another case of my expectations getting me because of my weakness for college athlete stories, but no! My low expectations were in my favor this time! Definitely the best of the 3 in this series so far (not listed as series but same characters and setting)! It tapped into my feels, it had complex characters, great chemistry in and out of bed between the characters, and some alright closure! I liked it! It could've had more c
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

He’s everything. He’s everything I never knew I wanted. He’s perfection wrapped in a dark, deep lake, and I ache to swim in those waters, to discover his secrets and let him delve into mine.

”I HATE YOU”, the latest by Ilsa Madden-Mills, has a couple of my favorite tropes—enemies-to-lovers, and second chance romance. Blaze Townsend is the hotshot wide receiver of Waylon University’s football team. He’s got endless amounts of jersey chasers tr
Ilsa Madden-Mills
Aug 18, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
🖤 I Hate You is LIVE! WSJ bestselling author Ilsa Madden-Mills returns with an all-new, enemies-to-lovers second chance romance between the football hottie and the feisty nerd girl he can’t forget.

I want you . . . even when I hate you.

Read for Free in KU or grab it at the special release week price!
🖤

MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Charisma Rossi is a graphic design major who attends Waylon University in Magnolia, Mississippi. She’s a feisty, outspoken girl from the Bronx who is part nerd/part bad girl. Almost three months ago she had a delicious fling with the hottest guy she’s ever seen, and then he dumped her at a party in front of her friends. She’s embarrassed, angry, and holding a major grudge, so when he shows up in her class she’s not thrilled. She has to prove to he
Melanie (mells_view)
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ugh. He’s a sparkly, sexy unicorn. And everyone wants to ride him.

I Hate You, by Ilsa Madden-Mills, is a college sports romance with an emotional pull that will make even the blackest of hearts clench. Yes it’s a love/hate relationship at its base, but it feels like much more than that because of the back stories and you can really feel that these two characters do want each other.

Charisma is the smart and sassy girl who just doesn’t think love is for her. She knows love can break you, and she
Hanne
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
I loved I Hate You very much! It was everything I expect and want from an Ilsa Madden-Mills novel. It was emotional, hot, funny, addictive and raw. All the characters (and animal) are superb and loveable. I felt for Charisma and Blaze sometimes. I was rooting for them to get an happily ever after together and the ending was so beautiful and perfect.

Blaze is sporty, determined, driven, popular and a little distant. He’s a football player. Football is everything to him. He wants to go pro and prov
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
5 STARS
I’m gonna make you forget you ever had a name,” he says, staring down at me.
“Try.”

I'm too lazy to write a review here but I loved this to pieces! A sizzling, emotional, and swoony second chance romance with just the right touch of angst. So good!

Find me on:
Follow me on facebook Follow Me on Twitter blog
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Binged this in one session. Absolutely loved it! The kind of story that meant my family got toasted cheese sandwiches for dinner & I have no remorse.

Blaze is so beautifully broken by his past and Charisma drops into his life with her list of rules and her own baggage - what could go wrong? Together they’re a hot mess of emotions and I fell for them hard. I flip flopped between wanting to hug them & throttle them!

This one had me smiling, sniffling & ranting at different points. These characters
Wendys Wycked Words
For some reason, I could just not connect with the heroine. I understood how her parents' relationship had a certain effect on her, but the "no kissing" rule reminded me way too much about the whole "Pretty Woman" deal. Not my jam and a bit ridiculous if you ask me.

She also kept whining about all the "jersey chasers" that were surrounding him, but then went on a date behind his back with some other guy, knowing he wanted to spend time with her. I don't like it when a man plays with a woman's fe
CristiinaReads❀
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
Ladies (and gents)... Ilsa has been teasing us about these two characters... MY HANDS AND EYES... and body... WAS BORN READY FOR THESE TWO!

ARC kindly provided by the publicist in exchange for an honest review coming closer to release date...

BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
This was EVERYTHING I love about romance. So dreamy, so sweet, so sexy, so full of heart and feels. A MUST READ!!! I'm obsessed. ...more
Andrea Fleury
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blaze and football. Oh then there's Charm

She says she hates him. But does she really. They went out a few time slept together. But she has rules. He didn't like them. So they broke up. Only thing is he says they weren't dating. 3 months have come and gone. She gets to hide... Charm is not hiding anymore. I loved this book. Third one in this series and simply amazing. Hot Alfa men football players and an amazing author.
❤️ Nanda ❤️
Pics-Art-09-06-04-52-19

IMG-20200930-111738-423

I just loved this one!
I know that I've been in a Ilsa Madden-Mills roll, trying to catch up in this series before I Promise You, and I even thought that I would get bored at some point, but it seems like I have an issue and can't let them go!
Please send help!

So far this one is my favorite in the series, and I just wanted to hug Blaze with all my might, and then shake some sense in his lonely and overactive mind.

Like all the previous books in this series of Standalones, Blaze had a lot
Dali
NOW LIVE!
Ilsa Madden-Mills continues to add wonderfully sweet, angsty, and sexy romances that you can devour to her NA book list.

Charisma Rossi has one semester left to finish college. Just a few short months to ignore the gorgeous football player that sits next to her in class. But every time he looks her way, her body reacts. When she reads his notes her mind wanders. But can she find a way to forgive him after he publically dumped her?

From a young age Blaze Townsend knew he could only co
Mickeysreads
Sep 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-read
4.5 Stars

I absolutely loved this book!! I just loved Blaze and Charm, their chemistry, their self struggles, everything was just perfect for me!

Charm - First of all let’s thank the lord that she wasn’t a virgin heroin!
Then let’s thank the lord that she wasn’t pinning after the hot footballer!!! She resisted him and made him do most of the work!
Then let’s thank the lord for the final time because charm wasn’t into relationships, she only did hooks ups and has two rules she follows!
1) No kissing o
Meags
3.5 Stars

With its spunky characters and sizzling hot couple chemistry, this third book in Ilsa Madden-Mills new-adult series—that’s unfathomably not marked as an actual series—should have been a sure-fire hit for me. Unfortunately, it didn’t quite turn out to be the fun college-set romance romp I’d hoped it would be, if truth be told.

I liked it well enough and found myself engaged in the characters' lives and in their hot-cold relationship to such a degree that I zoomed through the pages at a fa
Mahima
Nov 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**** 4.5 stars ****
I am so happy for Blaze!! The epilogue made me extremely satisfied.

From the beginning of the story I felt the relationship of Charisma and Blaze a fling but as the story proceeded I felt the pain Blaze went through in his childhood. It was so painful to read how he's managed on his own till his early twenties which made him alot guarded.
When they both had a fling thing in the beginning Blaze was shocked with the passion they both had but thankfully he got used to the constant
Sentranced Jem
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-2019
PSX_20190822_140810

Title: I Hate You
Author: Ilsa Madden-Mills

Pfft... Like Ilsa Madden-Mills could write a bad book.

When it comes to sports romance, she has definitely become one of the go-to authors for lovers of this genre.
Like always, Ilsa Madden-Mills has given us yet another awesome read. I Hate You is fun, sexy and such an entertaining read.

The characters is this book were written so well.. They are both strong independent characters but their vulnerability makes you root for them with all your roma
benevolent bastard
First of all, thank you for recommending me this book Jade! It was a delight reading it.
I loved the Hero and Heroine in this novel!
Blaze had a rough life growing up. He’s all he has so when he meets Charisma and he feels himself getting deeper. He freaked out and told her in front of everyone at the party she isn’t his type.
Yikes.

Charisma is soooooo funny. I loved her. She’s so badass. She also has these rules. No kissing and no sleeping over. After seeing her father sucking faces with her si
Bookgasms Book Blog
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
I have enjoyed Ilsa Madden-Mills' sassy and compelling stories since she began writing and I Hate You was no different. It was an amazing sports romance filled with spitfire banter and hot and steamy sexy times that she is known for. Blaze and Charisma were just delicious and their draw and connection to one another was palpable and felt right off their pages.  But while I enjoyed their spirited back and forth exchanges, I couldn't help but notice that their emotional and painful baggage from th ...more
Jennifer Kyle
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 🌟 Stars
Danielle's
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have no hate for this book because I freaking loved it!

There is a fine line between love and hate. Blaze is everything that follows that path. He’s everything Charisma isn’t. They were a thing, so why did the break up hurt?

Blaze publicly dumped Charisma. Now she doesn’t want to face him. He’s perfect and that’s part of the problem. He’s a football star and more. She’s a sassy chick with a hell of a fire.

Both are scared to love. Neither want to put trust in another person.

This is my first read
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
I am starting to shy away a little from college aged romances - nothing against the books, it is just that I am an old fart and it is a bit pervy lusting after 21 year old boys lol

Also, I know nothing about American football - other than it takes about 42 hours to play a game!

However, there are some authors that I will pick up no matter the age of the characters, and Ilsa Madden-Mills is one of them.

I Hate You has been my favourite of the HookUp series so far. I felt it was more relatable, more
Malene
I Hate You is a cute and funny enemies to lovers romance. Charisma and Blaze are two terrific characters that I enjoyed being in the company of. The beginning of the story, where the enemy vibes was at its highest, worked the best for me. The dialogue between them spot on along with the sexual tension. They’re both insecure, because of their parents actions when they’re young, and doesn’t give their hearts away easily to anyone. That’s ultimately why Blaze ended their relationship the first time ...more
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
This author is usually a miss for me but color me surprised that I absolutely loved this story. Like really loved it. The h and H were characters that I connected with and their chemistry is the best.
Jade Violet
Well, I'm doing this completely ass backwards. I started with the first in the series, I Dare You but then the author had the first chapter of the 2nd book at the back and of course I read it which led to my instant gratification kicking in and I jumped to #2 without reviewing #1. Then of course, I get to the end of the 2nd book and there's the first chapter of the 3rd and, once again - no self control, so I'm off to the races reading that one.

Thus why I'm reviewing the third in the series first
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐

⭐Follow me on Instagram for more edits⭐

College sports romances is between my favorites sub genre and Ilsa Madden Mills is very good at it.
I really enjoyed Blaze and Charisma's story. They each had their own issues: Blaze had really strong abandonment traumas and Charm had trust and confidence issuses but together they were perfect.

But authors, common now, just stop with the fucking no kissing "pretty woman style" bullshit, its really getting old. I m sorry, but I cannot comprehend how a d
Wendy'sThoughts
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ilsa Madden-Mills Fans, Romance
4 That Thin Line Between Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
Ilsa Madden-Mills has explored and put under a magnifying glass the World of College, Sport and New Age Angst with her interconnected books. She has brought us truly interesting, multi-layered characters whose flaws endear us and make us want to root for them. In I Hate You, she has taken two people who have no trust in others due to their childhood observations in their families.

Blaze Townsend carries a heavy load no one is aware of.
He is the
Penny Reid
Aug 20, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

I want you . . . even when I hate you.

Read for Free in KU or grab it at the special release week price!
🖤

Katerina
Dec 01, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve read three books written by this author now - can firmly say she’s not for me. DNF.

I read the author’s note at the end of Dear Ava (which I also DNF’d). It recommended this one as a light romcom. I love my romcoms.

This is not a romcom. On what planet? I don’t get the marketing. It’s dry. The author just doesn’t really have that dialogue in her.

This is NA - angst, insecurity, contrived high school/college OW-OM drama.

If someone publicly dumped me, calling me a bunch of names in the proces

• The Romantic Pact (Kings of Football, #2)
  • The Relationship Pact (Kings of Football, #3)
  • Enemies
  • Hate the Game (Love Games #1)
  • The Dugout (The Brentwood Boys, #2)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • Jock Road (Jock Hard, #3)
  • Broken Knight (All Saints High, #2)
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • Playing with Fire
  • The Perfect First (Fulton U, #1)
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
  • Hitched (Happy Cat, #3)
  • Stay
  • Anyone But Rich (Anyone But..., #1)
  • Resist (Wicked Ways, #1)
#1 Amazon Charts, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and USA Today best-selling author Ilsa Madden-Mills pens angsty new adult and contemporary romances.

A former high school English teacher and librarian, she adores all things Pride and Prejudice, and of course, Mr. Darcy is her ultimate hero.

She's addicted to frothy coffee beverages, cheesy magnets, and any book featuring unicorns and sword-wi

Waylon University (4 books)
  • I Dare You