Start by marking “Mythics” as Want to Read:
Mythics

Mythics

Don't be to me a memory
Despite death's sullen, cold decree
This mortal life I give to thee
My soul is yours eternally

Mythics, by Seth Masek centers on our most vulnerable emotion - love. Through beautiful and elegant verse, we move from the longing for love to mature and deep reverence. Delving ever deeper into our capacity to love,the poems allow us to see not only what we
Kindle Edition, 2, 173 pages
Published March 6th 2019 by Seth\Masek (first published February 26th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Mythics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mythics

Steve Stred
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Netgalley, the author, publisher and buzzbooks for the approval!

If you've been following my reading journey the last few years, I've slowly been reintroducing poetry collections back into my landscape.

Mythics popped up onto my radar on Netgalley when I saw the gorgeous cover artwork. I checked out the synopsis and was sold. I wanted to read a 'different' type of collection, one with some positive themes. I'd recently read the collection 'Rooted' by a Canadian author and loved the qu
Oviya Balan
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019
Appreciate the overall idea and the effort. But this writing wasn't my kind. This wasn't the poetry I was looking for. It was disappointing to see such an expected work not standing up to our expectations.
C. S.
May 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Mythics is a nice little collection of poetry. Some of the chorus-like repetitions and verse structure made me think a lot of the poems would work really well as song lyrics. While I didn't find anything in the theme or language use phenomenally original, there was some interesting play between the concept of love as an object to be pursued and a person as the object of the affection of the poem's speaker.

I would recommend this volume for fans of poetry.
Heather
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this collection as an entirety! Each of the poems were written very beautifully and I felt as if I knew the author in person. The poems were easy to follow and you didn’t get confused at all. I would love to have more poetry from this author any day! I would definitely recommend this collection to anybody I know.
Debra Barstad
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-giveaway
This was a nice collection of poems. At the time I did not know it was a book of poems when I picked it up but it was a good read.
Veronica
Review to come
Mahi
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to NetGalley I received a free ebook in exchange for an honest review.

They say Soul likes repetition and my soul like the repetitive lines of this poetry collection.
The style was something new that I didn't read a lot like it and I loved the creativity.
Music flows in each and every line of these poems like a river to the sea.
I wish "Mythics" was intenser so I could rate it five-stars.
But I surely, look forward to read more from this poet.
Paul
Apr 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: give-aways, poetry
Nice Poems

I really wanted to give this book 4 or 5 stars because I feel the author was trying to write actual poetry, and not just the emoting that many people pass off as poetry. But, I feel that the rhyme scheme is often weak, and some of the rhythms are even a stretch. I hope the author continues to write and improve.
Lisa McCarthy
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mythics is pure. While reading this, so many emotions flooded my heart. Beautiful flowing words. I was honored to have won a copy of Seth Masek's book, Mythics. In my honest review of this book. I was swept away by the passion and unpretentious loveliness. Verse after verse. Love.
Nikki
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this collection to be beautiful. The journey to love, story of mythical creatures that overcome was wonderfully written. I enjoyed this book and would recommend it to readers that appreciate love poems.
Amanda
Apr 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads, 2019
I received as a Goodread Giveaway.
MissyAnn
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
The poems maybe simple but oh how I wish they were said to me!
I highly recommend this book
Nikki
Destiny Brown
Apr 22, 2019
Mar 13, 2019
Seth
Mar 09, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Mar 13, 2019
Zach Yancey
Xstch3
Sara
Mar 15, 2019
Seth Masek is an entrepreneur who has created several businesses that focus on sustainable and environmental solutions for healthcare. He has invested many years into the elimination of waste generated by healthcare operations and currently runs a recycling company that converts biomedical waste into clean energy. His passion for writing, which he developed as a young man, returned powerfully in h ...more