Start by marking “The Fadeaway (Smart Jocks, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Fadeaway (Smart Jocks, #2)

The Fadeaway

(Smart Jocks #2)

Alternate cover edition of ASIN B07PFR14GV

This college jock is a total player. He’s used to getting who and what he wants. Until her . . .

Katrina

The hottest guy on campus won’t stop asking me out. I know that sounds like a good problem to have, but this guy… this guy has no idea how complicated my life is trying to juggle being a single mom and college student.
Every
Published March 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Fadeaway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fadeaway

Start your review of The Fadeaway (Smart Jocks, #2)
Christy
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-audio

photo 7372470E-4E4D-42F5-9F24-454135C1696A_zps6qivzyw5.png

The Fadeaway is the second book in Rebecca Jenshak’s ‘Smart Jocks’ series. I liked the first book, but this one… this one I loved!

Joel is the playboy of his basketball team. He’s rich, a player, and an all around great guy. And he’s got his eye set on the one girl who won’t give him the time of day. Katrina finds Joel attractive and would love to go out with him, but there is something holding her back… well, someone. She’s a single mom and full time college student and doesn’t ha
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
5 STARS
Come on. I’ve been asking you out for five months. Throw a guy a bone.”
Or, you know, let me stick mine in you.

OH MY GOD! Where did this book come from?! I have so many feelings! SO MANY FEELINGS! Marry me, Rebecca Jenshak. And read me bed time stories like this forever. What? Too much? Fine *huffs*. I'll tone it down. Maybe. Probably not. WHATEVER. Stop judging me. This book was fantastic, ok?!

Now look, it's no secret that I'm a picky s word. I own it. And I'm especially pick
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This had some good times as well as some frustrating moments. I like the single parent angle in romances and I especially like it when it's with an unlikely hero, so this was right up my alley! I just feel like where it could've gone to a different level for me as an emotional reader it fell a little flat. I just wanted more. Disappointed, but I'll give it 3 "just okay" Stars overall.

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Katrina and Joel's story. Joel meets Katrina a
Melanie (mells_view)
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
“If you’re not willing to risk it all, then you don’t want it bad enough.”

All I can say is that Joel and Katrina’s story did not disappoint. A single mom and a basketball playing playboy don’t really seem like they should work, but both of them are more than just their top layers. Katrina is working hard to be a good student and amazing mom. She is strong and I love that in a heroine. I also love when they stay themselves while falling in love. I think Jenshak does a great job keeping both char
Ainhoa
Single mum meet baseball player, and I mean player.

I know, I know, nothing we haven’t seen before but still, Katrina and Joel were such a cute couple ♥️

But if I could, I would have ripped my eyes out with this:

”Pussy coated bacon… My new favorite”.

Don’t even ask.
Anna *Bran. San. Stan*
Apr 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Confession: I have a string of unfinished romances sitting in my kindle (at about 70%). I guess I often enjoy the build-up, the couple being happy and avoid the inevitable complication. (I know a HEA is usually not far off, but still.) This was one of those books. I actually started over because I had forgotten so much. And I am really glad I invested the time and finally finished it.

Joel Moreno is carefree and the heart of the party. When Katrina is the first girl to ever turn down the popular
~♡AB♡~
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I devoured this book, I absolutely loved it and I have discovered a new author that I really recommend.

Single mum Katrina loves Thursdays because that's when super hot jock Joel Moreno comes in for a coffee and a question - "will you go out with me?"

She always says no, because life is way too complicated to date someone who is a known commitment-phobe, but she dreads the day that he gets bored of asking her out.

Joel doesn't usually pursue girls, and completely oblivious to her role as a mot
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Audiobook review. It takes a truly great story for me to buy the reformed manwhore bit. Especially when the heroine is a single mother. This novel was crafted in such a way that I not only believed it but I fell in love with the characters!

Joel is a sexy, smart jock with a lot to offer a lady, only he wasn’t interested in doing so until Katrina. Katrina’s life is complicated and she’s got very little time for distractions but Joel is not having it.

The plot takes us through their courting and gr
Love2ReadRomance
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Fadeaway was a great, unique story that I could not put down. Katrina’s strength fascinated me, and I admired her drive to accomplish her life goals despite the circumstances life dealt her. Don’t judge a book by its cover with Joel. His persona showed a player and partier, but he had such a sweet spirit. I’m excited to see where this series goes in the next book.
Claire
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "Ever think you’re not the person everyone thinks you are...?" Stars!

I fell in love with the characters in this series in the first book, and ladies’ man Joel Moreno was high up there on the list of likes, and Rebecca did not disappoint with his story. The second book in the Smart Jocks series, pairs our affable charmer up with a single mom, and The Fadeaway was a book I read on one sitting because it just pulled me in from the get-go.

"I know you better than you think I do…"

One of my favouri
*˚Remnant Light ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ [Semi-Hiatus]
**3.5/5 stars**

I liked this book more than I thought I would. I don't mind single parent trope but I also don't go out of my way to read them. The story was well done and not dramatic or heavy, it showed the struggle of being a single parent without drowning in the clichés. I thought it was more about trusting someone, opening up to them, committing to them.

The plot was very simple, nothing really outstanding but still pleasant, even if it had a slow pace. Joel is a very popular basket ball pla
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
❤️4 stars ❤️

What a nice surprise, the first book was ok but I really adored this one! I just couldn’t put it down, I love the romance a lot and the story was captivating! Katrina and Joel has an amazing banter , there was angst they were flirty and sweet too!

Joel has wanted to take Katrina out since the very first time he asked her out.I loved how much he wanted her and what he done for her! He is a really sweet sexy and swoon worthy hero! He was perfect for her, the only reason this wasn’t a 5
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am IN LOVE with this series and these characters. Rebecca is a new to me author and I just can't get enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited to devour Zeke and Gabby's story next. GAH! That one is going to be ALL THE FEELS. ...more
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead,3.5* rounded up

Ok it's late, I'm sleepy so this is gonna be quick...... ish 😂

H goes to the cafe where the h works every Thursday to ask her out but she keeps shutting him down until she realizes he can speak Spanish and thus assist her with her play.
He's a known manwhore and she got pregnant from her one and only hookup and hasn't been on a date since
In the previous book I got the impression that he was with other girls after being shut down by Katrina but I'm not going to go bac
Rayne
Oct 14, 2022 rated it liked it
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
description

‘If I give my heart to Katrina, it will fucking ruin me when she eventually walks away.’

So, as you know we read The Assist, our first book by Rebecca Jenshak and had to jump straight into The Fadeaway! Whilst we really enjoyed the first book in this series falling in love with Wes and Blair, as well as the rest of the jocks, there really was something very special about Joel and Kitty’s story. It ticked all the boxes for us. The two jocks that intrigued us the most coming out of The Ass
nikki
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THE FADEAWAY was probably one of my most highly anticipated books for 2019, and it was everything I hoped it would be, and so much more. We first met Joel in THE ASSIST, which was Wes and Blair’s book. He came across as the typical jock; rude, crass, bigheaded and a massive player. Dont get me wrong, he is ALL of those things, on the surface, but in this book we see a totally different side to him. He is sweet, loving and actually very insecure.
I hoped that his leading lady was going to be sing
Carmen Rae
After putting down The Assist I immediately had to run off to KU and grab The Fadeaway and I loved it. I am a huge sucker for single parent romance and I love college sports romance and this combined them both perfectly.

Joel was the ultimate cocky, man whore player and after seeing the procession of ladies through his room in The Assist I had high hopes for his fall. When I realised his leading lady was single mum Katrina I was super excited. I really wasn't expecting her for him.

But he was perf
~Stéphanie's Journal~
!!! Fangirling alert!!!
Where to begin to describe how much I loved and enjoyed The Fadeaway? It was pure bliss from A to Z!
Joel & Katrina were cute together, they were swoon worthy and I thoroughly enjoyed every single minute reading about them! I am on cloud nine.

« Every girl wants to be the one that changes your mind and captures your heart–the one that makes you want more. »

Joel is a basketball player or just a player for that matter! He doesn’t hide the fact he doesn’t do relationship and j
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4 Stars / 3 Steam Fans

Video review available in Week 50 Dec 8 – 14 weekly book reviews.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk
ItaPixie
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars

The Fadeaway is the second book in this series (it could be read as a stand alone) and it was so good that I am already looking forward to reading the next.

I enjoyed to read about Joel and Katrina journey,from his Thursdays request to going out on a date, to her accepting his offer.
I thought Joel was an irrecoverable player,he likes girls and one night stands, but I changed my mind,there's so much more going on with him you cannot not to fall for him.

I love basketball and I think that there are

Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Calling lovers of NA sport romances! I don’t know where I have been but I’m loving this world. What I love most is the unique plot line. This one has a single mom, but it doesn’t take the traditional plot line i was expecting. So good!

Another great narrating duo!
RJ
Sep 03, 2020 marked it as did-not-finish
Didn't make it past the sample. Actually-- didn't make it past the first paragraph. Not in the mood for a manwhore hero and esp not when the first sentence of the book is about a "marathon fuck fest" he had last night. ...more
Inna
Angie
I play my best ball on the outside--long shots, jumpers, and fadeaways--that's my clutch move. I'm real good at the fadeaway. The best. On the court and off. You can't guard someone who shoots and moves backward. You just can't. I've staked my future and my personal life on that one move. --Joel Moreno

After reading about Bless (Blair and Wes) in THE ASSIST, I was excited to read about how Joel, the cocky and gorgeous-as-hell playboy, meets his match in Katrina, a single mother struggling to bala
book bruin
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks, new-adult
Audiobook Review

Overall 4.5 stars
Performance 5 stars
Story 4 stars

This series is such a fun twist on the NA sports romance. After loving The Assist, I couldn't wait to get to Joel's story next. This is book 2 in the series, but it can be enjoyed as a standalone. I definitely recommend the previous book though, because it's a great read/listen and that is where our characters are introduced.

It's no secret that my least favorite type of romance hero is the manwhore. Thankfully, Joel ended up being
Ilaria 🌸
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Joel Moreno and Katrina made me fall in love with this author again
The first book of this serie and I did not have a lot of chemistry do not know why ( maybe I had just finished one of my fav book ever... )
Then I had this on my shelves to be read since forever and I read these 3 books from the last to this in one week end and YES girl you did it
H is a player but which beautiful cocky guy is not
She is a teenage mummy realistic with the struggles to raise a child when yesterday you were one
Annabelle Anders
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Joel (fans self).
Enough said.
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible, arc-love
I'm a sucker for single parent romances and when you add sports in there I'm all over it! I really enjoyed The Assist so I was primed and ready for Joel and Katrina's story. It wasn't quite as angsty as I was expecting (and I'm not mad about that) and it came from an unexpected source - reading Joel's backstory is unexpected and the way that Rebecca Jenshak laid it out was masterful. I love how the timeline for Katrina and Joel's story and Blair and Wes' overlap and how we got sneak peaks at the ...more
Jackie
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. It was an ok read up until 80% . The hero made a decision that for me as a mum was just too hard to see past. I get the need for angst but if someone choose to walk away from me and my kids then you can be sure the journey back into our lives would be a struggle. It’s one thing to not commit it’s another to bond with a child and walk away without a backward glance. The heroine texted him wishing him look at his games after he did this. There was no apology from him when he took his he ...more

• Last Fall (Wild Pitch, #3)
  • My Lucky #13 (Hockey Hotties, #1)
  • Campus God (Campus, #4)
  • Shooting To Win
  • Campus Flirt (Campus, #3)
  • Campus Heartthrob (Campus, #2)
  • Demise of a Self-Centered Playboy (The Baileys, #5)
  • Game Changer (Las Vegas Vipers, #1)
  • Defending Your Heart (Rules of the Game #2)
  • Tacker (Arizona Vengeance, #5)
  • Catching Him (How to Catch an Alpha #1)
  • The Dare (North Woods University, #2)
  • The Billionaire's Beauty (Fairy Tale Billionaires #2)
  • Goal on the Rebound (Rules of the Game #3)
  • Dump and Chase (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation, #1)
  • One-Timer (Carolina Comets #3)
  • Game Changer (Change of Hearts, #1)
  • Just Roommates (Blue Beech, #5)
See top shelves…
Rebecca Jenshak is a new adult romance author.
Sign up for her newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/rebecca...

Amazon: https://goo.gl/6VtdGu
Facebook: https://goo.gl/ix1kB2
Instagram: https://goo.gl/MQw2FW

Smart Jocks (5 books)
  • The Assist (Smart Jocks, #1)
  • The Tip-Off (Smart Jocks, #3)
  • The Fake (Smart Jocks, #4)
  • The Pass (Smart Jocks #5)