Start by marking “The Thirteenth Guardian” as Want to Read:
The Thirteenth Guardian

The Thirteenth Guardian

Da Vinci’s secret pales. Michelangelo concealed an explosive truth in his famous Creation of Adam fresco in the Sistine Chapel at the Vatican. Everything we have been taught about Eve is wrong—she didn’t cause the fall of man. Instead, Eve carried a far more devastating secret for millennia; one that will change the world forever.

As the modern-day world suffers the catacl
ebook
Published June 11th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Thirteenth Guardian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Thirteenth Guardian

Sheila Goicea
I received a copy of this book via BookSirens in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! In no way does this affect my rating or review.

description

All included quotes have been taken from an ARC and may not match the finished publication.

description

Content Warning: Death and destruction (by natural disasters)

”Could the true story of the Garden of Eden be completely different from what we have been taught? Did Michelangelo conceal the same ancient knowledge in his Sistine Chapel painting? That something happened,
Sharon Mariampillai
I received a copy from BookSirens, in exchange for an honest review.

Thank you K.M. Lewis for giving me the opportunity to read your book. This was an alright read. I thought the story was good. It had action and suspense, but I found it a bit boring. The characters were okay. I did not love them or dislike them. They were not that relatable to me, so I had a difficult time connecting with them. I thought that the ending was okay. I hope to continue to read more books by K.M. Lewis. Overall, an
Isabel✨
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: survival
Alright friends, let's jump into it. Based on the other reviews of this book and the summary, I thought I would really like it. And I stand by my early analysis that it's a fascinating premise that has a lot of promise. The problem, though, is in the execution. I'm gonna be completely honest here, it took a lot of willpower for me to get through this book. I definitely skimmed through pretty significant chunks of it.

The Thirteenth Guardian is first and foremost a survival apocalypse book, about
Olga Miret
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I obtained an early ARC copy of this novel through NetGalley, and I freely agreed to review it. This has in no way influenced my opinion.
I had a look at the early reviews of this book, whose description intrigued me, and this is one of those cases where I mostly agree with both, the positive and the negative things that I’ve read about it.
This is a book about the Apocalypse with capital letters, and rather than just narrate the adventures of a group of survivors after the event, we get a fairly
˗ˏˋ aphrodite ˊˎ˗
3.5-3.75/5 stars.

*I received an eARC through NetGalley but all opinions are my own*

oh man, oh man when I read the description of this I IMMEDIATELY sat down and read it. I am fascinated by the mythology of religion and there is just NOT enough biblical lore in books and the thirteenth guardian just made me realize how much I want that void filled.

so since there aren’t any reviews for this I wanna try to be thorough with my review but I’m a delinquent so pardon my in-eloquentness.

plot:
we follow
Shakera
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Imagine, one day is just as normal as the last. A few days go by, and then an earthquake of a 9.9 magnitude occurs. Your country has never experienced such a catastrophe. Next, a tsunami, wiping out all of the east coast of the United States... New York, Boston, Pennsylvania, Florida... all underwater at the bottom of the Atlantic. Horrific natural disasters are happening all over the world in degrees undreamt of. One of the things each of these events have in common is people hear trumpets comi ...more
Olivia
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for giving me a copy in exchange for an honest review.

Solid 3.5 stars.
Woah okay hold on, I have very mixed feelings about this. At first I was annoyed about how preachy everything was and I truly believed it would become a fully-fledged christian-lit which I am not into because I am not religious in the slightest and get aggravated when it drags on.
But... It all pulled together and turned out not to be religious. I think?
Although the inaccuracy of the s
Kristin Sledge
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Thank you to NetGalley and the author for an advanced eBook copy of this title.

In the Thirteenth Guardian, we meet a multitude of characters and see many fates be sealed. The world is changing and the chosen few are coming together to find a way to save the world from mass annihilation, along with the people put in their paths to ensure they are able to meet.

There are great pieces in this story, but they are few and far between. The story takes much too long to progress and by the time we get to
Maryam
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I sat down to read a few chapters before I called it a night but next thing I knew, It was 3:00am and I'd finished the entire book! It was PHENOMENAL. I absolutely loved how seamlessly Lewis incorporated the mythological aspects of religion and the allure of secret societies with actual history, all the while keeping the story riveting as ever. Lewis' writing made everything sound so plausible, so eerily familiar that I kept looking out the window, waiting for all hell to break loose at any mome ...more
Lindsay
"The Thirteenth Guardian" is written really well. It is for the young adult genre but it really seem like it could be for adults as well. I was really captive while reading this book. The story is really good. Yes, it does not go into the characters to much as to detail. That is okay with me given that I am thinking the events that is taking place around the world is what this book is mostly about.

It made it so real. I am not wondering if this could happen to our world in a few months. Are we g
Nikki Sojkowski
I was ecstatic upon reading the blurb and was beyond excited to get the chance to read this ARC. The Apocalypse? Secret Societies? Conspiracies? This book should have been right up my alley.

Unfortunately, the writing style is “tell, don’t show.” Furthermore, a perspective would be set up and then all of a sudden we would be receiving information that the character didn’t know. I found myself forcing myself to read further than I wanted to, in hopes that the style would improve as the book picke
Jypsy
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
The Thirteenth Guardian is an okay read. I found the number of characters too overwhelming to keep track of. I also disliked the characterization overall. It's kind of ridiculous how perfect and capable every character is. It's sophomoric and cliche, and I struggled through this one. The story premise is interesting but presented in a way I found unappealing. Other readers with different interests and expectations will enjoy the book, but it's not for me. Thanks to NetGalley for an arc in exchan ...more
Kyra
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC from NetGalley & the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

This book was amazing. As soon as I read the description I knew that this book was going to intrigue me and oh did it ever! The book was fascinating and held my interest throughout the whole book.

The book was really well researched, the story is so deep and makes you question a whole lot. However it clearly and really lacked diversity which is a shame.

This book is going on my favorite books shelf just becau
Kat
Apr 18, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF

I got about 17% through my kindle copy of this book which bought me up to chapter 4 and the book was just bringing no joy to me to read, whatsoever. The characters are bad AND badly written. The premise is interesting but it reads like an 8 year old wrote it. The dialogue is robotic and does not resemble anything like an actual conversation and the actions and reactions of the characters are ridiculous.

There was nothing in the first four chapters that made me want to carry on reading this b
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the YA Bound Book Tours. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. The end of days has finally come.
The Thirteenth Guardian by KM Lewis is a genuinely different approach to all the different types of dystopian books that I have read over the years. Mr. Lewis truly takes it into a new spin. Taking all the ancient stories, paintings, and all the religious teachings that we have known throughout time to wrap them up
Michelle
The Thirteenth Guardian is the first book in the young adult trilogy by the same name by author K.M. Lewis. The Thirteenth Guardian is like the DaVinci Code mashed with a re occurrence of the plagues of Egypt. It is a whirlwind adventure from start to finish. I really got swept up in this book, and though there was a bit much going on at times, it was a really well done novel, and it has left me excited to continue o
Devon (ReadByDev)
Apr 08, 2019 rated it liked it
First off, thanks to NetGalley and KM Lewis for providing an e-book for my honest opinion!

My overall thoughts: This book has such an interesting plot! There are secret societies, a unique and refreshing POV on religious texts, myth & folk lore, and some - well seemingly not entirely scientifically accurate - cool speculations on Dooms Day/The Apocalypse. While the premise of this story is amazing - the world is ending in 13 days, and it turns out the plagues of Egypt weren't just meant to be
Brooke Lorren
I have to say that as an enjoyable story, I really liked The Thirteenth Guardian. At times I had trouble putting this book down, and I wanted to read "just one more chapter." The Biblical lore was interesting, the danger the world was in kept me reading, and the science (up until the very end) was believable. I lived in Italy for three years, and I enjoyed reading about events in Rome and the Vatican as someone who has visited there multiple times. As a story, I would give this book four stars.

H
Nikki
**2.5 Stars**

Tsunamis, flaming meteorites, earthquakes, and poisonous dust are only a few of the disasters that will plague Earth in the wake of a passing meteor. In a world experiencing the end of days, six strangers will be thrown together as the last few remaining survivors on Earth to rebuild society.

While I thought the premise for this novel was a creative, fresh take on the “end of civilization” biblical apocalypse, I did not feel the writing was of a quality on par with the storyline. Th
Shelley
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This apocalyptic novel describes how the plagues of Egypt devastate the world and interprets them in a modern way. There are however six extraordinary people, with special DNA, who are the only hope for the continued existence of mankind.
Myths, legends, religions and secret societies abound in this novel, which has one of the most original apocalyptic story lines I have encountered. The research is in depth and riveting, not the dry reciting of facts.

My only issue is with the six main character
MJ P
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO *deep breath* - Started this book with the intention of reading a couple of chapters a day over a few weeks. O.M.G!!!! I couldn’t put it down! And now, I’m mad as heck that I’m done - I WANT MORE!!!!!

I feel like I just got off an epic rollercoaster ride that had crazy, yet believable conspiracies, awesome insights into ancient civilizations and unconventional secret societies.

Lewis did a number on me with the provocative ideas and explanations of some of the most baffling or otherwise hard t
Daria (Bookaholic's Therapy)
If I would have to give you guys the recipe of this book it would be:

Make a plot cake, using the secret ingredient, apocalypse
Put the cream, which kinda tastes like Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code not like plagiarism or something, just a similar vibe at the end
Sprinkle some characters over, just for the decor

And there you have The Thirteenth Guardian!

The best affirmation I can make about this book is that it is very plot driven.

I don't usually read plot-driven books because I'm a character-driven
Leo O
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a believer - I’m also a seeker and lately I’v been all over books that address the questions that keep coming up for me about my faith. I have to say, Thirteenth Guardian wins the prize so far! It’s given me some of the best interpretations of otherwise confounding biblical lore - more interesting and outside the box than anything that I have I read in the last few years! I loved it! Reminded me of how I felt when I read the Da Vinci code. I was totally rivetted by the ancient references , ...more
Heather
May 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
For me, this book just started on the wrong foot and never bounced back. It’s extremely descriptive, from the beginning. The first 50 pages or so are spent learning about the main characters. We don’t know why we are follow 6-10 different people, but we are. The brevity of some of their stories was equally frustrating.

Once the meat of the story got started it seemed like it might be better, but alas, I found myself disappointed again. The end of days parallels drawn to religious texts was overw
AT_Octavian
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A friend told me about this book. I was just going to read it and mosey right along....but the book touched me somewhere few have before.

Oooh my God...! The book struck a chord for me that made everything in the story feel so strangely familiar. Nothing about the story felt far fetched at all for me. Am I nuts or what?!. The history and mythology that KM weaves into the book is mesmerizing.....and I am a life long history buff! The eye of the Sahara...what. It’s actually a thing. Crazy.

So I wo
Coralee Hicks
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
From the beginning of story telling, myths surrounding the end of the world are mesmerizing. K. M. Lewis has created a work that calls on such mythic themes as Ragnarok, the Mesopotamian Underworld. and the Apocalyptic Vision of St. John. In this first volume of a trilogy, Lewis presents an intriguing answer for the facts behind the myths. What if Atlantis did happen? Why do the Zuni speak of layers of worlds (kivas) built on top of each other? Was there really a great flood?

Lewis introduces us
Leila
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to admit right off the bat that this was an anxiety inducing, scary read for me personally. Apocalyptic, end of the world, death type things have a way of throwing me into an anxiety attack and make me incredibly fearful and that is exactly what this book did.

The beginning was a little strange and I was concerned where it was going, but it immediately thrust me into this end of the world situation that I got sucked into and could not stop reading. I had to know what was happening, how peo
Ivy Bookdragon
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I just finished The Thirteenth Guardian and I am still blown away by the action packed, devastating, gripping, philosophical, hopeful and character driven story.
It really is thought provoking and KM Lewis managed to take some biblical and mythological events and give them a natural spin all while spinning an original myth around it.
I also think the author did well in bringing different point of views together towards the end and weaving a strong and compelling tale of science, belief and nature'
Rachel
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

First, I feel like the title and novel cover are misleading because I genuinely thought that there would be some mystical and supernatural angel type stuff like the movie Legion, but there wasn't. With that in mind, this book was still AMAZING!!!

This novel is on par with Armageddon and the end of the world stuff with SO much real science and information, in addition, to the real information there are ties that a
Jennifer Gaarder
Jun 07, 2019 rated it liked it
I don't typically like post-apocalypse books. I find them sad and mostly unrelated to real life. I suppose if this were to happen, then who knows?

I found that the characters were overdone to the storyline. They were not just regular people looking into extraordinary things, of course, most weird books like this don't have just ordinary people looking into things, right?

If the story were more like Cormac McCarthy's The Road, or something like that, maybe I would have felt something for it. I, on
RABT Book Tours: The Thirteenth Guardian by KM Lewis 1 1 Jun 24, 2019 05:04AM
RABT Book Tours: The Thirteenth Guardian by KM Lewis 1 2 Jun 11, 2019 04:59AM
K.M. Lewis has lived in multiple countries around the world and speaks several languages. Lewis holds a graduate degree from one of the Universities featured in his book. When he is not writing, Lewis doubles as a management consultant, with clients in just about every continent. He does much of his writing while on long flights and at far-flung airports around the globe. He currently resides on t ...more