Start by marking “Cold Valley Nightmare (Lucy Hush, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cold Valley Nightmare (Lucy Hush, #2)

Cold Valley Nightmare

(Lucy Hush series #2)

A troubled past resurfaces when an investigative journalist agrees to help find a missing child.

The Australian bush is unforgiving, and there is not much hope when a four-year-old boy, Clem, apparently disappears into it without a trace. When the police begin to suspect the boy’s step-father, his lawyer hires Damon, a specialist private investigator, to help defend him.
Published March 6th 2019 by The Book Folks

To ask other readers questions about Cold Valley Nightmare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold Valley Nightmare

Start your review of Cold Valley Nightmare (Lucy Hush, #2)
Brenda
When Damon, private investigator, was tasked with a missing child case, Lucy Hush, Damon’s partner and an investigative journalist, was immediately involved. Clem was only four years old and had disappeared from his home while his stepfather was in charge of his care. The police were sure the stepfather was the culprit, but when Damon and Lucy interviewed him, Lucy knew there was more to it. Sadie, Clem’s mother, was distraught but positive her husband wouldn’t hurt Clem.

As Damon, his partner
Geraldine Czahor
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good

Thought this book was well written. I could not put it down. Will look forward to reading more with this author. Had to give it five stars.
Elizabeth Berg
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME

Anna Willet you are my favourite author
I love all of your books and the newest one set in Cold Valley did not disappoint.
The book is racey and thrilling as the characters search for a 4 yr old little boy.
I loved the ending, every time I thought it was over the action kept coming harder and faster.. I love the book
Grace
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Insanely gripping!

Loved this story about a little boy that disappears. This is one of those thrillers that moves quickly and keeps getting better. There are a few really scary characters but not everything is as it seems. A must read
Ceejae Devine
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cold Valley Nightmare is another well-written, fast-paced thriller. But because it starts from a different point of view, you’ll need a little patience in the beginning as Lucy and Damon come into the story and decide if they want to work together again to try to solve an emotionally challenging crime.

I read Small Town Nightmare so it felt like I was right alongside old friends as they struggle with many issues. Willett does an excellent job of bringing us into Lucy and Damon’s lives after 14
Nancy Silk
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"An Excellent Story"

In the Australian bush country, a four-year old boy, Clem Scott, is missing. The police think the stepfather, Robert Wheeler, has something to do with it. Wheeler's wife has hired a private investigator, Damon and his partner Lucy, to help defend Wheeler and find the boy. This is an intoxicating crime thriller which will keep you guessing. This story really captivated me.
Erik Empson
Lucy is drawn into the case of a missing boy. She is initially reluctant as it threatens to bring up bad memories but the mother's despair compels her to get involved. However, the more she looks into it, the less it all adds up. Is the boy's step-father responsible for his disappearance, or is something altogether more sinister afoot?
Another strong performance from an accomplished writer of suspenseful thrillers.
Valerie Tucker
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gripping

I couldn't put this.book.down while waiting to find out the result of getting involved in trying to.help a family .totally absorbing
John  Kucharek
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
An Aussie Gem

S great read with an awesomeness

A really good book with an awesome twist but do not read it in the dark
Elaine Watters
Apr 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Truthful Reading

Was a story about things that can really happen even iñ today's time. Would recommend to mature age group readers.
Janet Harrison
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so happy to see Anna Willett start a series, this is the second book in the Lucy Hush series. This story was gripping from start to finish, I couldn't put it down. I highly recommend Cold Valley Nightmare, you will not be disappointed!
Kayla Krantz
When 4-year-old Clem disappears, police immediately look to the stepfather who was responsible. What seems like an open and closed case has secrets lurking just beneath the surface. There are plenty of dangerous people involved with Clem’s mother and stepfather. With the clock ticking on Clem’s life, both Lucy (a journalist) and Damon (a PI hired by Clem’s stepfather) are desperate to get to the truth before it’s too late.

I love the vivid descriptions of western Australia. Even though I’m not
Bulldog67
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Top Notch Thriller!

Reporter, Lucy and her partner Damon are drawn into the search for a little boy that went missing from his front yard. The step father is under suspicion but Lucy uncovers something shocking that takes the case in a strange direction.

I’ve read all of Anna Willett’s books and I’ve never been disappointed. Cold Valley Nightmare had me from page one and I couldn’t read it fast enough. There are some very surprising turns as well as a few really heart-stopping moments that are
Barbara Williams
Apr 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Good premise

The kidnapping part of this story kept me hooked but there seemed to be a lot of sequences that lacked an understanding or an explanation of reason. Most times it had the feel of a continuation of another book of a second in a series.
Kathy Garthwaite
May 01, 2019
Joann Foley
Apr 11, 2019
Pat Clarke
rated it did not like it
May 28, 2019

• I Want You Gone
  • The Butcher's Daughter
  • Don't Blink
  • When He Vanished
  • Deadly Riddles (Mike Anderson Book 1)
  • I WILL MAKE YOU PAY
  • Fatal Fortune (A Dr Pippa Durrant Mystery Book 1)
  • The Girl on Gander Green Lane
  • The Deadly Trap
  • Your Last Lie (Tyrone Swift, #6)
  • You're All Mine
  • The Bear (Reed & Billie #7)
  • Lost Angel
  • Deadly Secrets
  • Deep Inside (Mike Anderson Book 3)
  • Suspicion
  • Sloppy Seconds (Mike Anderson #2)

Lucy Hush series (3 books)
  • Small Town Nightmare (Lucy Hush, #1)
  • Savage Bay Nightmare (Lucy Hush series #3)