Start by marking “The Sugar Cube (A Warm Touch Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Sugar Cube (A Warm Touch Book 1)

The Sugar Cube (A Warm Touch Book 1)

She's a curvy baker who can’t see past her insecurities.

He's a detective determined to prove his affection.

Will this be a perfect recipe for romance or heartbreak?

Acclaimed baker, Charlotte, owns one of the most famous bakeries in Manhattan, the Sugar Cube. Her baking talents leave both men and women in awe, but secretly, Charlotte struggles with her curvy body,

Published March 8th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Sugar Cube, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sugar Cube

Start your review of The Sugar Cube (A Warm Touch Book 1)
Coco.V
Dec 31, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
The complete Warm Touch is FREE on Amazon today (12/31/2019)! ...more
Karen
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
NOTE: I got this story free from BookFunnel. It is part of the A Warm Touch: The Complete Boxset. I don't know if this story is expanded in that boxed set or not.

Curvy Charlotte runs a successful bakery in Manhattan. Though apparently successful, she has low self esteem, which seems to stem from her extra weight. Adam is a detective who comes to the bakery because he heard she had the best doughnuts. He is instantly smitten with Charlotte. Will these two get a happily ever after?

I liked the
Robin
Sep 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I knew when I downloaded this book it was going to be short and a sweet romance. Those two things when combined usually entail a simple plot. In this case, it was like a very small window into these characters' lives. It felt a bit rushed to me, but I liked the overall tale.
As for the characters, the heroine seemed spot-on. I think most women feel there's room for improvement in the way they look. I know I did for a long time. Some days I still feel extremely average and quite invisible or
Jenny
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
The Sugar Cube

Wow I’m not sure where to start. I don’t know that I read the same book that everyone else did. I did not love this book but I didn’t completely hate it.

I liked the premise of the story but it was so short that it kinda fell flat. It was fairly well written but definitely left me wanting more.

However I did not like that the book made me feel bad about myself for being a bigger girl. This book took the heroines hatred for herself and her body to the extreme and basically left it
Linda Reads
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOVED. THIS. SHORT STORY!
Having been “curvy” my whole life, I love a story with an HEA for a curvy woman. I can totally understand Charlotte and her disbelief that good-looking Adam could truly like her with all her extra poundage. Charlotte owns and operates a most successful little bakery, The Sugar Cube, in Manhattan. Adam is a police detective who comes in to check out the new fave doughnut place. This was a sweet story of Adam trying to convince Charlotte he could really have feelings for
Judith
May 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: finished-reading
Needs a lot more work. Please revise and update. Very disappointing. Inadequate development of characters, story-line and purpose. What can I say, it left me befuddled and undecided if this was a prequel- which was never mentioned- or a sample and the longer version will follow. As it stands, I think it will pale into oblivion amongst all the other great novels about curvy girls lacking self esteem finding confidence, pride and an HEA romance with their gorgeous man. Did Charlotte really find ...more
Rae Lake
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a cute short read.

Charlotte is a beautiful curvy woman but growing up as an introvert and someone who has been bullied has left her unable to trust. Even when everyone around her constantly tells her that she is gorgeous and a wonderful person. So when the detective comes in and almost instantly falls for her she can't see the reason why. After woo'ing her and trying to show her that she is just right for him she still has her doubts.

It really hurt my heart that Charlotte was so down
Judy Munoz
Mar 12, 2019 rated it liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book. This is a very short story and a quick read. It didn’t blow me away but I think some readers would probably find it enjoyable. It is a squeaky clean, sweet romance - and contains nothing even remotely sexy or romantic. I found that the story was way too clean and sweet for my taste and it came very close to being boring at times. For me, the heroine’s constant insecurity about herself was a little over the top and her continually ...more
Jenifer
Sweet and sour sugared up story of a persistent hot detective trying to woo a curvy cute baker who has a wall of insecurities up so high you could probably see it from space.

Insecurities are one thing but Charlotte's are borderline insane, bipolar even. It got to be too much. It was irritating. If I was that guy there would be no way I'd keep up that chase, especially after her major meltdown. You'd never know which personality you would get each day.

It was a good thing this story was short
Pam Graber
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
I wasn't crazy about this one. It has potential to be a very good story but misses the mark. Charlotte, the main female, wallows in her perception of herself as fat. Adam likes her, thinks her curves are amazing, and wants to date her. Unfortunately, she can't get past the bullies in her head. The resolution of the story is too pat. For all the angst she had about her weight, could an eye exam really be all she needs to see??

Also, I know my book was free, but it needs too much work to rate much
Maria
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short sweet read!

Charlotte is the baker/owner of The Sugar Cube. Adam is a police detective who likes what he sees in Charlotte the first time he meets her, even though she doesn't see it herself.

After weeks of him pursuing her, she agrees to go on a date and then walks out when he asks her to go to Paris with him, thinking he is pranking her because of her weight.

Will she realize that he likes her just the way she is and give him a chance?

This was a sweet short read! Can't wait to read the rest
Penelope
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was given this book in exchange for a fair and honest review

Charlotte is a lonely baker what loves her work. She is a plus size woman that lacks self-esteem.

Adam is a police detective, handsome; a man who gets what he wants. Charlotte is the one he wants and he doesn't hide it. His partner is a wanker. Period.

The only reason i gave it a four because I wanted more of these two. Easy to read, great Syntax.

Thank you Rebecca for sharing your talent with us.

Penelope.
Katie
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
The biggest gripe I have about this book is that it is in desperate need of a proof reader. I received the book as a freebie through a genre giveaway.

Also, there were some mistakes such as one character saying the heroine had a convict brother and then a couple of paragraphs later we're told she's an only child. Also there were too many extraneous characters or at least they could have been written a bit better.
BP34
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A bakery themed romance with an over abundance of sweetness. Charlotte and Adams romance constantly battles her insecurities. He sees her like no other. No shortage of drama as they take you on an emotional roller coaster. A cute book that I read as a reader copy and voluntarily chose to review.
S
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short and sweet

Charlotte never learned to love herself until she was slapped in the face with it. The handsome Adam took his time and took steps to help her see what others, including himself, saw and that's a beautiful woman inside and out. Short but very sweet, clean love story
Dana Fernandez
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must read!

This was a wonderful quick read. Loved that the detective didn't back off when his friend said be could do better. He showed the respect any woman deserves no matter her size. Definitely recommend this book and author.
Melissa Walker
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Curvy" woman and "sculpted" man

He is instantly attracted to her. She doesn't know whether he means it. Will her insecurity stand in their? A lovely (but short) story. Maybe a prequel?
Meri
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Such a sweet story, pun intended. Loved how Adam was willing to go to great lengths to win over Charlotte. Would’ve loved a longer story as I really liked both MCs and would’ve liked to see their relationship develop and I would’ve loved to read Char’s reaction to French bakeries!!
Jamie  Leigh
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was well written but I was somewhat surprised by the ending.
Stacie
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sherry McWilliams
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Received a free copy from author for a review. This is a very sweet romance. Loved the characters and the story.
Joyce Oberlin
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice story

It was nice to be an observer of this couple. They complement each other and get to know each other before the first kiss. It was refreshing!
robert tabora
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hopeless Romantic

I wish there were more to this book. Love the Characters. I'm want to know more about what happens next to them .
Charlotte
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No profanity, just a short, sweet, feel good, love story. This story is probably what a lot of people go through. You have to accept yourself.
Sparklin
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What short and sweet read about Charlotte and Adam.
Tess Anstee
Jan 01, 2020
Hewitt B Trumper
Jan 01, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Cherry (A Warm Touch Book 2)
  • The Right One (A Warm Touch Book 4)
  • The Palm Tree (A Warm Touch Book 3)
  • The Sweet Tease (A Warm Touch Book 5)
  • On Call
  • No Good Doctor (Heroes of Heart's Edge, #2)
  • Chief (Knox Fire, #3)
  • His New Year Resolution
  • Starlet
  • Terrance Rivers: BWWM, Pregnancy, Billionaire Romance (Tycoons From Money Book 1)
  • The Sweetest Revenge: A Fake Marriage Romance
  • All Mine (Real Men Crave Curves, #1)
  • Accidentally Into You
  • Unexpected Protector (Sexy Tycoons, #2)
  • Take Me Away
  • For Keeps (Real Men Crave Curves, #3)
  • Game Day Baby
  • Redemption (Heaven on Earth #2)