Start by marking “Beneath London's Fog” as Want to Read:
Beneath London's Fog

Beneath London's Fog

Jonathan is the immortal master of Raven Hollow Manor - a decrepit mansion riddled with superstition, murder and restless ghosts. Beneath it lies a restless malice.

Its previous owner driven mad, violently kills his guests with a rusted ax, creating the perfect venue for Jonathan to seclude himself in a prison of his own device.

When the streets of London begin to run red
Paperback
Published 2019 by FyreSyde Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Beneath London's Fog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beneath London's Fog

Start your review of Beneath London's Fog
Helen Power
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Synopsis
A centuries-old vampire haunts the streets of London at night, but he isn't the monster one would expect. Jonathan once fell in love with a human, Anna, who died tragically, breaking his heart. Now he does not kill to feed, though it would make him stronger. He lives in the feared Raven Hollow Manor with his daughter, an orphaned human he adopted. Since he does not kill, he is safe from persecution, that is, until another vampire comes to town and this one doesn't share Jonathan's
Shalini
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was Jonathan's story, a monster, taking the skin of a man, but with a heart of gold. Filled with love and pain, he lived his life in the darkness of the Raven Hollow Manor, making it his home along with spirits and other things which go bump in the night. An immortal master, benevolent to his adopted child Holly, he lived his life in relative ignominy. Till the murders started happening in the streets of London, and he was blamed...

My first book by Iona Caldwell, it was written with the
Sherry Fundin
The eerie cover of Beneath London’s Fog by Ilona Caldwell makes me think of Jack the Ripper and ghosts. Are you creeped out yet?

Jonathon has made himself a prisoner in Raven Hollow Manor, along with his daughter, Holly. He lost his love, Anna, but her ghostly presence lingers.

His past is coming back to haunt him when a serial killer goes wild in the foggy nights of London.

He is able to transform himself and I loved it. He becomes a cat, a Great Dane, or a mist in the night. Being immortal allows
Ray Palen
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
The narrator of the novel BENEATH LONDON'S FOG by author Iona Caldwell makes it known on the first page that they are not the hero of this novel but rather a villain. This villain is the immortal Jonathan Holloway who resides as the master of Raven Hollow Manor in London. Although the term vampire is never directly used to describe him, it is clear that he suffers from all the things that immortal living bring about.

Probably the most depressing trait of immortality is seeing people and things
Florim
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
While not being a bad book, Beneath London's Fog is not great either. I think it is a good effort, but you notice mistakes, inaccuracies as well as downfalls in the book.

I mostly liked the main character Jonathan. He is very well crafted and seems very accurate.

For a full review, you can have a look at my corresponding blog article. The link is in my bio :)
Darque  Dreamer
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"I am a monster wearing the face of a man."

Beneath London's Fog is a haunting tale of a tortured soul fighting to keep his humanity in the wake of his monstrous sins and urges. With notes of the macabre, like the works of Poe, and a sad tale not unlike Anne Rice's Louis, this one is sure to put you under its spell. It offers a tale of revenge, beauty, horror, and emotion.

This was such a satisfying story. Though it was short, it left me with the sense of having read a full book, because I
Storm Reads
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror, read-in-2019
I was really hoping to like this one more than I did. The cover just screams spooky setting but it really wasn’t all that spooky.

It’s told in the POV of Jonathan a vampire who has been around for a long time. He has raised a young girl up a young girl always protecting her from other monsters. Now it seems there is someone out there who is killing people and giving him a bad name and he is afraid that people will come around and bother him and he likes being secluded with just Holly.

He knows
Lisa Hodorovych
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love, lust, revenge...all of the qualities that can (and should) comprise a great vampire story. Iona Caldwell's debut novel showcases every single one of those qualities, and more.

In "Beneath London's Fog", we follow Jonathan Holloway as he tries to figure out who is brutally murdering innocent people in his territory. However, as we accompany him, playing detective alongside, we also learn about his past. We learn about his love, Annabelle, his "daughter", Holly, and who is truly after him.
Stormi (BMReviewsohmy)

He knows
Desara
Oct 02, 2019 rated it liked it
What. A. Book.

RTC on blog!!
The Lexington Bookie
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
I want to preface this review with a loud disclaimer: I did not like this book, but others might. Therefore, I will be posting this review even though I received it from the publisher, and it's unfortunately not a rave review. The following are my honest thoughts on the novel.

Truthfully, this book was not for me. I honestly thought it could be, because I thought it would be a supernatural, haunting, creepy read with a vampire twist. I'm always intrigued by those kinds of novels, so I was
Iona Caldwell
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Book Inspector
Katrina Dehart

• The Whisper Man
  • Slash
  • The Monster of Elendhaven
  • Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8)
  • Close to You
  • The Face of Fear
  • Snow Creek (Detective Megan Carpenter, #1)
  • The Long Call (Two Rivers, #1)
  • Invisible In A Bright Light
  • となりの怪物くん 1 [My Little Monster 1]
  • Something is Killing the Children #1 (Something is Killing the Children)
  • What Would Cleopatra Do?: Life Lessons from 50 of History's Most Extraordinary Women
  • A Riesling to Die (The Wine Trail Mysteries #1)
  • I Am the Storm (The Night Firm #2)
  • The Foster Child
  • The Woman with Wings
  • Perfectly Preventable Deaths
  • The Haunting of Henry Davis
My name is Iona Caldwell. I'm the author of the British Occult Fiction, Beneath London's Fog set to be published by FyreSyde Publishing October 2019. When I'm not busy weaving worlds of the arcane and dark, I'm spending time out in nature. I love books. My biggest inspirations are H.P Lovecraft, Stephen King, Neil Gaiman and Edgar Allen Poe. I blog about many things but mostly everything bookish. ...more