Start by marking “That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood #3)” as Want to Read:
That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood #3)

That Kind of Guy

(Ravenswood #3)

She wants a fake relationship. He needs something real.

If there’s one thing Rae can’t stand, it’s pity. She’s forty, frazzled, and fed up—so attending an awards ceremony alone while her ex swans about with his new wife? Not an option. To avoid total humiliation, Rae needs a date of her own. And her young, hot-as-hell new best friend is the perfect candidate…

Zach Davis, kin
Expected publication: May 2nd 2019 by Nixon House

To ask other readers questions about That Kind of Guy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That Kind of Guy

K.J. Charles
Talia Hibbert is one of my favourite romance authors and this book is one of her best. Loved it.

Rae is 12 years older than Zach, trying to remake herself after the collapse of a terrible marriage. Zach is the 'town bike' who has recently realised his demisexuality. This is really well explored--the social pressure to have sex, the ways it affects men differently to women, Zach's discomfort at having to come out and fear people won't understand why it matters.

Zach is a people pleaser, Rae hates
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
Wow, another 5-star Talia Hibbert read, who would've ever guessed :')

Seriously, though, I adored this so much and am a little bit heartbroken to see this series end. I know I'll revisit these books over and over again to get my fixes of my sweet babies (especially Ruth and Evan, who might be my forever faves). ♥ RTC!

Thank you so much to the author for providing me with a free ARC in exchange for my honest review!
ambsreads
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
thank you to the author who kindly provided my grubby hands with an eARC. all thoughts are my own.

i think zach may be my favourite hero in this series yet. he definitely rivals evan. however full review closer to the release date.
only thing missing was i wanted more dog but that’s just the dog mum in me.
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
My first Talia Hibbert novel and it won't be my last. I love her writing, and fell so hard for Zack and Rae!
Timitra
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That Kind Of Guy was an interesting, intriguing and enjoyable read. I loved that both hero and heroine dealt with things that I'd never encountered before in books or real life. While I didn't identify with them for the most part it didn't stop me from thoroughly enjoying their journey. I recommend this to those who love Contemporary romance set in a small town with diverse characters and issues.

Copy provided by author
BOOKISHPISCES
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"His smile was a gorgeous kind of danger. No wonder so many people got lost in him. He was a bad boy fantasy with a dirty mouth and a bleeding heart."
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───Synopsis:
Zach Davis is a people pleaser, he's a caretaker to his family, and a hard worker. It's no secret to anyone that Zach has had a hard past but the only one that seems to care about what he's gone through and what he's currently going through is himself. He's spent so long bending over backwards just to make everyon
b.andherbooks
This book is delicious. This book is sexy. This book is important. This book you must read!

Rae portrays an enigmatic, kickass persona in her new home town, Ravenswood. On the outside she's strong, she's successful, she's got it going on. On the inside Rae still struggles with the woman she was before she moved to Ravenswood. The woman who gave twenty years of her life to a man, a man who cheated on her with his secretary.

The man she is now going to have to see at the awards ceremony her book ju
Marija (Inside My Library Mind)
More reviews up on my blog Inside My Library Mind

It's official - Talia Hibbert writes the best possible romance novels. I am obsessed with her books, because they are always superbly written, always have really amazing, tense, angsty, healthy romances and manage to discuss so many important topics on top of that, all while being so diverse.

That Kind of Guy was no different. I absolutely loved Zach from previous books, and a little glimpse we got of Rae in Untouchable made me confident I'll l
Jen
Natalie
stellar! superb! perfection!

just a great end to this series. Gosh Rae and zach *happy sighs I loved Zach so muuuuch. so sweet. he truly was and he and Rae together was the best because banter. so much banter. Their friendship was just so genuine and well crafted and felt so real to me? And Zach learning about his demisexuality and Rae being the first one he tells.

My fave thing about these two is they screw up with each other buuuut they talk about it? Apologize when they mess up.

Another thing
Katie
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review was copied from my romance novel review blog: romanticallyinclinedreviews.com
ARC was provided in exchange for an honest review.

So...this book was really freaking good. Disclaimer: it is the third book in the series, but I honestly wasn't bothered by that fact whatsoever except that the little mentions of the previous characters made me want to read the other books ASAP.

Last night, I skimmed through my TBR pile looking for a light read that I could maybe finish before bed time (spoiler ale
Katie Robinson
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This legit has to be one of my favourite romance series of all time. I’m so sad to see it end, but I enjoyed every minute of Talia Hibbert’s clever, sexy, considerate conclusion. 🙌🏻 I’m so happy to have received an ARC because I don’t think I could’ve waited another second for this book!

Of course, like the rest of you I’m sure, I’ve been eager to see Zach Davis fall in love; much like the rumoured women throughout this series, I couldn’t resist his flirtation, endearing smoothness, and somehow l
Marianne
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: remarkable-books
*ARC in exchange for an honest review*

When it comes to Talia Hibbert, the path is simple. She writes a book, you fall madly in love with the characters and you re-read it X times while you’re waiting for her next work.
Of course, she hasn’t disappointed the readers with Zach and Rae story.
I thought that it was impossible for a couple to exceed my love for Evan and Ruth but then Zach and Rae came.
This will be a spoiler free review but let me tell you one thing. Never in a million year, I could ha
This is a m/f that features an interracial, age-gap couple with friends to lovers and a fake relationship. There was excellent representation of mental health and demisexuality, and there’s a giant, sweet dog.

Zach and Rae are friends and Rae is nervous to go to a writers’ conference because her ex will be there with his new wife and their baby. Zach decides she needs a fake boyfriend and he volunteers. They get to the hotel and *gasp* there’s only one bed! They both have lots of feelings. There’
Amelia
I received an ARC from the author.

That Kind of Guy is a sweet contemporary m/f friends to lovers romance with some fake relationship goodness thrown in. I liked that the conflict was mainly internal, driven by the protagonists' history of abandonment and emotional abuse, so that the romance was based on building trust in each other. I was also really glad to see a hero who was demisexual and a heroine with a chronic illness (POTS), and that when the characters did have conflict they talked it ou
Giselle
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
just buy all of Talia's books please do yourself that favor because she doesnt have O N E (not 1) flop. the demisexuality rep was an amazing surprise and the POVs for Rae and Zach were so refreshing and great. I loved how each character you meet so clearly stands out on page. I read and finished this arc the same day I received it from the author, I couldn't put it down.
April Tate
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great friends to lovers book with an older heroine with a twist. Highly recommend this book for a different diverse perspective about roles in relationships.
Gwen
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Gah. These two together are so freaking good. Low on angst, beautiful realization of feelings. Longer review to come.
Ellie
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The absolute best! It's been quite a while since I have fallen in love with a couple so completely.
Nicole Jarvis
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-all
Very charming! I loved Rae's determination. This fits perfectly with the rest of the series.
Maz Hedgehog
CLibrarian
Apr 18, 2019
Romana Em
Apr 12, 2019
Talia Hibbert is an award-winning, Black British author who lives in a bedroom full of books. Supposedly, there is a world beyond that room, but she has yet to drum up enough interest to investigate.

She writes sexy, diverse romance because she believes that people of marginalised identities need honest and positive representation. Her interests include beauty, junk food, and unnecessary sarcasm. S

Ravenswood (3 books)
  • A Girl Like Her (Ravenswood, #1)
  • Untouchable (Ravenswood #2)