Start by marking “Deities” as Want to Read:
Deities

Deities

Whatever happened to all those Classical gods and goddesses after those pesky mortals tossed them by the wayside? They didn’t just vanish; you know.

Goddesses of The Light such as Athena and Freya, continue waging a never-ending war against the Anubis-led Darkness as they vie for a portal controlling time and space. Not being one to trifle with such tedium, Apollo sips
Paperback, First, 362 pages
Published April 12th 2019 by Crystal Peake Publisher

To ask other readers questions about Deities, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deities

Start your review of Deities
Bespectacled Petal
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

As a mythology lover, I was excited to try this book. I must say I was not disappointed. What made it even better was when I realized that this was the beginning of a series. I cannot wait to continue reading it.

Deities tells the tale of what happens to the numerous deities from different eras after they are forgotten. There's a mix of Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Norse, Persian, Native American gods just to name a few. The war between
tabassum
Sep 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommend for fans of mythology retellings!

The premise of this book is a joint effort of various pantheons working together in order to prevent Anubis from accessing a portal that will allow him to control time and space. It follows the typical narrative structure of Good versus Evil and includes the escapades of deities that have been exiled to earth for a time. However, these deities have long been forgotten by the mortals they now walk amongst once agin.

The author excellently incorporates
✿Claire✿
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This review is of an ARC copy of Deities by Stuart Clarke, provided by NetGalley for free in exchange for an honest review
This was my first NetGalley ARC copy and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought it sounded like an interesting premise, ancient mythological Gods fighting each other and banishing each other to the mortal plane. It was a fantastic read. Funny and fast moving, I struggled to put it down to go to work. The only thing that disappointed me was that it ended on a cliff hanger, which
Pam
I received an electronic copy from BooksGoSocial through NetGalley.
Clarke interweaves the various pantheon of gods and goddesses to create the ultimate light versus dark situation. He does assume the reader has knowledge of the various mythologies around the world. I enjoyed seeing the interactions among the legends. Each stayed true to their roles in their respective myths.
The ending sets up a sequel so it will be interesting to see where Clarke takes the plot as he's brought almost all of the
Lauren
Oct 31, 2019 rated it did not like it
Unfortunately, this was a disappointing read for me as I love mythology. It felt very flat and chaotic as it changed POV. I didn't love any of the characters.

I was pleased that I learned a little more about some mythology such as the Native American gods. As well, the cliffhanger perfectly sets up a sequel.

However, I felt no tension throughout the story; it only started to feel legitimate in the last few chapters. I hope that the kinks would be resolved with more practice as there was
Caitlin
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
As a mythology lover, it’s an enjoyable read. Stuart Clarke interweaves characters from Egyptian, Greek, Roman, Norse, Persian, Celtic & other mythologies that we know and love.
I was not crazy that it was a cliffhanger. It felt cut off and yes, it did leave me wanting more, I didn’t like how it just abruptly stopped.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys mythology tales. And I am interested in seeing what will happen next.
BooksAndRae
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Netgalley and the publishers of this book for giving me the opportunity to read this for an honest review in return.

As a mythology lover I honestly loved this book. At first I was confused at the premise of using so many different mythologies i one story but it definitely worked in the end.

I was drawn in from beginning to end and now want to read so much more from this author!
Samantha Diaz
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Deities is a fun, humorous, and enjoyable book. I would love to continue this as a series. The characters are each unique in their own right and their personalities come right off the page.
Fans of mythology will want to dive into the world of the gods. Looking forward to the next book.
Christina
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun story about the deities we all know from the different pantheons of mythology. and what they must do they retain their status. I enjoyed this book a lot. I voluntarily read this book via Netgalley in exchange for my honest opinion.
Kay Mcleer
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Deities was an entertaining read with great characters and an interesting and unique premise. I was hooked from the beginning of the book and wanted to keep reading till the end.
J.D. DeHart
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you love mythology (and I do), please consider the book Deities by Stuart Clarke. I found it to be a clever and well-written book, making entertaining use of classical characters.
Rach
Jan 14, 2020
Ariana
Sep 15, 2019

• Pagan Portals - Fairy Queens: Meeting the Queens of the Otherworld
  • No Judgments (Little Bridge Island, #1)
  • The Ultimate Guide to Witchcraft: A Modern-Day Guide to Making Magick
  • The Magic of Mindset: A Journal to Get Unstuck
  • Back To Her: BWWM Second Chance Christmas Romance (Love and Loyalty Book 2)
  • His Secret Baby
  • Motherf*cker (An Irreverent RH Comedy)
  • Crayson
  • Crown of Frost (Faerie Lords #1)
  • The Princeton Fugitive Slave: The Trials of James Collins Johnson
  • Five Years
  • Are We Broken?: A WMBW Interracial Love Story
  • Arranged: A Dark Mafia Romance
  • The Earl (Order of the Broken Blade, #4)
  • Fearless III  (Resnov Bratva #3)
  • Been There, Married That
  • The Glittering Hour
  • Total Love: A BWWM Romance (Blazin' Love Book 10)