Start by marking “Spark City: Book One of the Spark City Cycle” as Want to Read:
Spark City: Book One of the Spark City Cycle

Spark City: Book One of the Spark City Cycle

Erroh has a plan. A simple plan. It’ll never work.

Despite his family's warrior pedigree, he'd rather gamble and drink while living from one tavern to the next. But when his wanderings bring him upon a gruesome slaughter of innocents he is torn from carefree ways.

Spark City is on the horizon and with it the mysterious trials of The Cull. After a life spent rejecting his b

Published by DePaor Press

To ask other readers questions about Spark City, please sign up.
Robert Power There's 4 books in the Spark City series, Book 2 March of Magnus will be released Spring 2019. Fantastic question on the maps- I agonized over putting…moreThere's 4 books in the Spark City series, Book 2 March of Magnus will be released Spring 2019. Fantastic question on the maps- I agonized over putting a few in, but as you discover in the book maps are incredibly rare in this world, especially reliable ones. So as much as I wanted to show readers the world I had created, I felt it adds more to give the reader the same amount of knowledge as the characters. (less)

Shirley Nelson
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! Errol is so naive regarding women yet driven to prove himself worthy of his family. Can't wait for the next book!
Keith Jorden
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

I really enjoyed this book! Very well put together, I loved the character development can’t wait for the next one!
Bill Goodman
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books I've read in years.

Characters that seem human, a gripping story that draws you in and won't let go and protagonists who have flaws, just like the rest of us.

If you read one fiction book this summer, this should be it !
Phillip
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Is this a love story, yes it is, but not like I have ever read before, when you get so frustrated with the book during the cull, don't stop, power through it just like the hero in the book, you won't regret it, book 2 where are you?
Jonathan Whittenton
A great read from what looks like a first time writer. A great beginning of a story with good world building. There are some rough transitions in the book. A few times it is difficult to know who is the main perspective in a chapter, so you may have to read a handful of paragraphs to get the transition.
Peter.J.Wood
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant story

Once you get into this book, you can't stop turning the pages. Bring on the next chapter, I want to know what happens next .
Catherine Geaney
I found myself enthralled by Erroh, a young man faced with an oncoming chaos that everyone else wants to ignore. Great character, we really get to see what drives him the good and the bad! I can't wait to read the next in this series!
Victoria Rogers
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really enjoyable read from a first time writer I cant recommend it enough.
Jan
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed Spark City! Every character you meet is so strong and you just get sucked into their world. Beautifully written, I couldn’t put it down. I’ll definitely be buying the next installment in the series as soon as it’s out.
Jen King
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gladiator shacking up instead of avenging his wife

This books main character reminded me of General Maximus from Gladiator. Superhuman skill with a sword;a leader of men;devoted to friends and family and willing to go to any lengths to protect them. And like Maximus, this book beats the main character down in the process of building him up. There’s action in the book, but that’s not the focus. The focus is the main characters budding relationship with his new companion. It’s a romance of sorts, i
roy  douglas lynch
Robuster

The hook was slow to set. The beginning drug on and on.There wasn’t enough back story. The protagonist , in the beginning was underdeveloped. It took a 150 pages to get interesting.
The Cull was the best part of this story. It by far was the most interesting aspect of this story. This should have been looked into more. This should have been the hook.
I didn’t care for the bickering of the two love interests.
Like all of these novels, the villain makes the story. Unfortunately , there were t
John M Schulz
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall positive

I overall ended up like the book. The main complaint o have is that, at certain points, hints of the future plot are flatly stated. It felt like it was for narrative effect, but I found it simply frustrating. However the main character grew on me, and I found the plot engaging, especially when he shifted to two viewpoint characters and the reader was left with less frustration over understanding things through the lens of a main hero who was ignorant of many things for the first
Tusar Mia
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely Brilliant!

Wow! The writing was top notch, the story a classic, the characters absolutely captivating. The interplay between Erroh and Lea was similar to that between Tiger and Del by Jennifer Roberson. That is rare, I have found. Bring on The March of Magnus. I simply cannot wait.
Colby Blake
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Huzzah

Wasnt an easy read but a worthy one. I like how the story progressed yet gave bits of a back story that kept me reading. I loved this book. It was an original and I look forward to more Robert.
Shad Pease
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring

Wonderful. I hated the main character and was disgusted by his failings. Endearing. I continually chastised the decisions and clear lack of heroic resemblance. Wow. Darkly written and I could not stop reading. Simply well done!
Alan Bradshaw
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding Book

This was an excellent job of writing. I must say I'm thoroughly impressed dwith this book, it does start out slow but once it gets moving it doesn't disappoint. I can't wait for the next book in this series.
Christian Iversen
love this book

This is filled with battle and the main characters are written in a very persuading manner. Epic battles and tough men. And the women are no push-overs.
Angela Hoyos
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excelente

Lo gocé realmente, muy bien narrado y una historia apasionante . Seguiré con el siguiente libro a ver qué pasa.
Tony Brady
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Could not put this down. Finished in less than two weeks. It will be a long wait for the next book.
Sam Kindle
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

What can I say. If there was ever a guide on developing characters the right way then this is it. Just read the book and you will be glad that you did it!
Jay Koh
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

Just awesome read. Not just action but great character dev... you’ll love the characters and they die heroically. Highly recommend
Dave Warren
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!
It has all of the elements that you look for in a fantasy story: great characters, conflict, combat and culture/history but what sets this book apart are the romances interlaced throughout the story. One of the best I've read this year. Greatly looking forward to book two.
Jeffery Clark
Jul 18, 2019
Zander
Sep 12, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Robert J Power is a fantasy fiction writer and novelist hailing from Bray, Ireland. His writing career started out of idle necessity, when he began spending his nights writing by his father’s bedside as his carer.

Robert’s first book is the titular installment of a four-part series, the Spark City series. It is his Magnum Opus. His second novel, The Seven, is a stand-alone novel due out in late 2
“Erroh has a plan. A simple plan. It'll never work.” 1 likes