Start by marking “The Scorpion's Lullaby (Luminous Lands, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Scorpion's Lullaby (Luminous Lands, #1)

The Scorpion's Lullaby (Luminous Lands, #1)

Be ruthless. Be rich. Live like gods.

Joella’s band of thieves lives deep in the jungle. Riding on giant scorpion dragons, they search the beautiful landscape for villages and caravans to rob.

But dangerous mists thread through the jungle’s undergrowth. One touch transforms victims into mindless, murderous shells of their former selves.

When the mists interrupt a routine rai
Published April 16th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Scorpion's Lullaby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Scorpion's Lullaby

Dianne
You know that book that rocks your world? The one that goes beyond your hopes for great reading? The one that shines like a precious, rough-cut stone?

THE SCORPION’S LULLABY by Juliet Vane sucked me in from page one. Welcome to a world that is primal, raw and jagged as the fight for survival against the odds and isolationism creates walls that lead to mistrust and conflict. Survival of the fittest does not always mean survival of the best and love and trust are a rare commodity.

Joella wanted noth
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Joella is a member of the scorpion raiders who travel the jungle robing and raiding villages while riding on the backs of scorpion dragons. Joella has been a part of the scorpion raiders since she was little girl.

Joella and her gang are out one day robing a group of people when the mist rolls in. There is something dangers in the mist that changes people and makes them forget who they are leaving them dangerous and murderous. Joella is separated from her tribe while trying to out run the mist.
J Aislynn d'Merricksson
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Scorpion's Lullaby by Juliet Vane was a fast-paced and engaging heroine's journey. Joella is a member of a group called the Scorpion Raiders, who ride massive scorpions through the jungles of their land, raiding caravans and pillaging villages. Joella's mum encouraged her to train from a young age so she could join the Raiders, and find safety in life.

After Joella shows mercy during a village raid by returning necessary medicine to the village healer, her Monsieur (read tribal leader) tasks
Gypsy Madden
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved every moment of this imaginative work. It’s a fully immersive fantasy world with its own belief system, and tons of fantasy creatures (gigantic scorpions that the Scorpion Raiders ride upon, and several ape-like creatures) and even imaginative vegetation choking the jungle. It reminded me of Uprooted by Naomi Novik (she had evil trees that were choking out the forest in that, too). It also reminded me of Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan (the traveling through the hazardous wood, meeting ...more
Kim Loomer
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Juliet Vane excelled with this book and it was one of the best books I have ever read. It isn't a book that I would have ever picked up on my own but because I love Juliet's books, I gave this a go. Once I started this book I was hooked by the end of the first chapter and it was so hard when I had to put it down. Joella who is one of the main characters makes you fall in love with her and the journey she takes. Even though it is not real life it feels like it is and that it really could have hap ...more
Helene
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This beautiful, creepy book is brimming over with atmosphere and characters you'll root for from the first page.

I loved the unique system of myth and the depth of Joelle and Marc and the slow and complex unfurling of their relationship.

Vane has a unique talent to craft fast-paced action scene while not neglecting the inner life of her multi-dimensional characters. There is something here for fantasy loves, for lovers of storytellers, and for those looking to lose themselves in strong passionat
Phthon
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful story. Juliet is a masterful storyteller. I felt as if I was a part of the story, feeling fear, love, and every other emotion all through the book. I really hope there is more to this story.
Tammy
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is sooo not my usual kind of read but I still enjoyed it because it had the elements that I enjoy. The characters were colorful and the story peaked my interest. I guess I enjoy this author no matter what the subject--one of my favorite! I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.
Amanda Williams
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Action packed and so immersive. I adored the heroine and the relationships between the characters. I cannot wait to read the next in the series.
Amy
Mood Reader
Kathy
Jammica Mcafee
Apr 23, 2019
Juliet grew up in northern California, where she spent her free time staring at spooky lakes and making up stories about the old buildings surrounding them. Years later, she still lives in California and she still makes up spooky stories…about lakes and the old buildings surrounding them. Like April in April’s Ghosts, she’s terrified of spiders and she’s obsessed with Hamilton. Like Lissa in June' ...more