Start by marking “Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)” as Want to Read:
Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)

Royal Holiday

(The Wedding Date #4)

From the New York Times bestselling author of The Proposal and “rising star in the romance genre” (Entertainment Weekly) comes a dazzling new novel about a spontaneous holiday vacation that turns into an unforgettable romance.

Vivian Forest has been out of the country a grand total of one time, so when she gets the chance to tag along on her daughter Maddie’s work trip to E
Expected publication: October 1st 2019 by Berkley

Win a Copy of This Book

• Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory
    Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)
    Release date: Oct 01, 2019
    Enter for a chance to win 1 of 10 copies of Jasmine Guillory's new book, Royal Holiday!

From the New York Times bestselling author of The Proposal and

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 10 copies available, 578 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Sep 10 - Oct 01, 2019

Countries available: Canada

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Royal Holiday, please sign up.
    Kimberley I've only read one of the books in the series, prior to this one, and I would say no.

There are subtle references to other characters, and…more

There are subtle references to other characters, and relationships, from the other books, but nothing crucial to understanding the couple within this particular story. (less)

Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
    Cute romance.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This story had a bit of a unique twist on it in that it is the story of a mother and daughter taking a trip and finding romance.

At first thought we would probably be thinking the romance was about the younger woman. However, the author focused on a middle-aged mom in this sweet story.

Whisked away for a royal treat, the main characters spend the Christmas holidays time in England with the Duke and Duchess.

The author gave us a lighthearted and delightful read that make
    Paige
    Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
    Unfortunately, was really disappointed by this. I enjoyed The Wedding Party so much and that was what convinced me to request this one from NetGalley, but everything about this fell flat. To be fair, the characters are a bit older than me, so that had something to do with it, but I really didn't feel their connection and their conversations just felt bland and not funny at all (even though we're told over and over that they keep laughing). I did enjoy the escapism of Vivian dating the personal a ...more
    Amy Imogene Reads
    Aug 13, 2019 marked it as to-read
    ARC received!!

Thank you to the publisher via Edelweiss for an ARC of this title in exchange for an honest review.
    Nikki S
    Mar 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
    3/9/2019

WHAT IS THIS AND HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT IT?!
    Beth
    Vivian is invited to spend Christmas with her daughter in England. Her daughter was hired as the temporary stylist for a royal. Staying in a “cottage” on the royal’s estate, Vivian has a chance encounter, over scones, with Malcolm, the Queens secretary. They have an instant connection that leads to a sweet romance.

Royal Holiday is a light romance that spans two continents. Based on mature characters, it is a refreshing change.

I received this ARC copy of Royal Holiday from Berkley Publishing Gro
    Read In Colour
    Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Emily
    Jun 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
    i am very ready for this
    Cortney
    Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    3.5 Stars

“But what if it was all worth it?”

A cute little contemporary with a historical romance feel due to the passing back and forth of hand written love notes and visiting Royal castles. Reading this book took me on a little trip down memory lane to my vacation in London a few years ago and I will definitely have to go back soon. I miss all the foods mentioned in this one and Jasmine Guillory books will make you hungry. It’s her brand. They are also charming and lighthearted reads that I thin
    Jessica Jeffers
    My least favorite Jasmine Guillory novel to date; I think it's because the set-up involves way more suspension of disbelief than her other books. The romance is charming but it was hard for me to really buy into the premise. More to come.
    4.5/ 5 stars

This book was charming and wonderful!

Royal Holiday is a contemporary romance in the Wedding Date series (it is book 4). It features Vivian, Maddie's mom. Maddie is the only crossover character in this book.

The story takes place in England over the Christmas holidays and has a royal connection. This book will be a wonderful holiday read.

The narrators are Vivian and Malcolm (3rd person POVs). Maddie gets a job in the UK working for the royal family. And she asks her mom to tag along. T
    Grace
    Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
    A sweet addition to the series, about exploring new places and new opportunities.

This story features Vivian Forest, mother to Maddie, who's story was featured in The Wedding Party (to note, I've only read book one in this series, the Wedding Date, and I wasn't too lost skipping around - I only got a spoiler as to what couple ended up together). When Maddie is given the job of a lifetime, styling the Duchess of England for the Christmas holidays, she talks her mom into joining her.

Vivian had no
    Wendy'sThoughts
    Aug 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Recommends it for: Jasmine Guillory Fans, Romance
    Who says Romance Ends at a Certain Age...
    Leave it to Jasmine Guillory to Show how it is done...

We are in England, rubbing elbows with the Royals...
    Vivian Forest, Maddie's mom, is there, taking all the sights in...
    And Oh, My, Goodness...
    A Royal Connection is made...

Malcolm Hudson has been the Queen's Private Secretary for years...
    And Never, Ever, has he given a personal tour...
    But something about Vivian causes him to do just that...

What may have started out as a simple connection...
    Could turn in
    Renée | Book Girl Magic
    Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Such a cute little story. Made me think of my mother, as she's close to Vivian's age. Single mothers who find success in love are always at the top of my favorites list. Thinking of my mother the entire time while reading this, I'm thankful there weren't many love scenes throughout. lol - The Wedding Party is still my favorite of the four, so far bacause I can relate to Maddie in many ways. It was nice to see this spin-off of her story though. I give this one 3.5 stars!
    Karen Hayes
    A sweet, charming romance with mature adults! Ooh, we need more of these - I loved getting to know Maddie's mom, Vivian, after meeting her in The Wedding Party.

Malcolm and Vivian were delightful, forthright, and had a lot of chemistry! They were grownups with jobs, past relationships, children/nephews, and I loved reading about their path to romance. They talked about problems, there were no idiotic contrivances... it was a charming delight start to finish.
    Megan Sanks
    Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: adult, romance
    This book was a complete Christmas fantasy, and I loved it! If a romance is to be judged by how embarrassed I am to read it in public, then this one did great because I giggled embarrassingly to myself a lot.
    Bookish
    Aug 21, 2019 added it
    Shelves: romance
    Even though it is now firmly summer, I spent last week cuddled up with the newest from Jasmine Guillory. Inspired by Meghan Markle’s mother Doria Ragland and brought into the world by the benevolent librarians of Twitter, Royal Holiday follows the heroine of The Wedding Party‘s mother, Vivian. Maddie takes a job styling a duchess over Christmas at Sandringham and brings her mother along to spend the holiday with her. Vivian is skeptical about spending Christmas in England and leaving behind her ...more
    Kari Ann Sweeney
    REVIEW COPY - Pub Date 10/1
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    The last installment of The Wedding Date “series”, The Wedding Party was enjoyable but didn’t knock my socks off. However, this upcoming release was delightful. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

It was a nice change of pace to read a story about a middle aged couple. I am here for “young love”, but this was a pleasant departure. I enjoyed watching their characters address the issues that come with taking a risk on love after being single for so long.
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    The whole story line just
    Jacqueline Francis
    Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
    This was a fun and sweet story. It was VERY different from The Wedding Date and The Proposal. Please don't go into this book expecting a carbon copy of those two! I enjoyed the middle aged romance take! I honestly didn't read the premise going into it, so I automatically assumed the story was going to be about the middle-aged heroine's daughter. How delightfully tickled I was to find out it would be about the mother herself! :)

I enjoyed this fun read. It was cute and interesting, a little low o
    Christy
    By now I think I would read a training manual if it was written by Jasmine Guillory. I have read and enjoyed all her books. I love the characters she creates and their witty and heartfelt HEAs.

This book is from the emerging Romance subgenre called Seasoned Romance. The main characters of Royal Holiday are in their early to mid-fifties. It was delightful to watch their attraction grow through the handwritten notes and later the postcards they sent to each other. Seasoned Romances show that there
    Jillian Doherty
    Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    It's so easy to love her books - I adore how fun it is to imagine to the great movie it will make.

I'd cast Vivian, Maddie's mom from The Wedding Party, with Phylicia Rashad or Octavia Spencer.
    Malcolm is totally Idris Elba :D

If you love her books, or are new to them - this is idea read (it's a little less racy, without sacrificing any of the giddy, connective storytelling).

Galley borrowed from the publisher.

Jessica
    Jul 25, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: arc
    This was probably more of a 3.5. Very cute light romance featuring main characters in their 50s which is pretty refreshing. Vivian, the female lead, is a social worker, single mom to an adult daughter, and a strong, charismatic, empathetic character. I liked her a lot! She accompanies her daughter on a work trip to England where she meets the Queen's assistant and what happens next is adorable dating and witty conversation. I honestly wasn't sure how their romance would be wrapped up so I apprec ...more
    I received an ARC of this title from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Jasmine Guillory is the queen of modern romance, and "Royal Holiday" proves it! (Seriously, where is her tiara?)

Vivian Forest is a hardworking social worker, who devotes so much time, effort, and energy into helping other people solve their problems. But she's never really taken the time to care for herself. So when her daughter, Maddie, invites her to go spend Christmas in England, she hesitates but agrees. The abso
    Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
    More or less exactly what I’ve come to expect from and love about Jasmine Guillory’s books - fully developed characters, a love story that I become emotionally invested in, and a great sense of humor. I can’t say I enjoyed it as much as I have other installments in this series/universe - maybe because it felt so separated from the other characters and stories? - but it was also cool to have the plot revolve around characters in their 50s instead of their 20s or 30s. Final conclusion: a fun and f ...more
    Rachel Quinn
    Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    If you're looking for the perfect Christmas-themed book, this is the book for you! This book the Christmas and Royal romance read that you have been waiting for.

Christmas has always been predictable in the Forrest household. Until this year when Vivian is swept away from her day-to-day life as a social worker by her daughter Maddie. Maddie is a stylist and can't pass up the opportunity to style the Duchess for the holidays. With short notice, both Maddie and Vivian are off to celebrate the holi
    Princess
    Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
    I received this from Edelweiss and Penguin. I didn’t love this book or hate it. I was very uneventful to me. It took me over half of the book to realize these were some of the same people from her last book. Maddie was so spunky in the other book and so boring in this one. Overall just so so for me. I seem to have a hard time getting into her books. The characters in this book are in their 50s and are so insecure and act like teens
    Janet
    Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: arc, ebooks
    An utter delight from start to finish! Fifty-something Vivian takes a holiday trip to England with her daughter and meets a charming, handsome man who works for the queen. Read this if you love love, snail mail, surprises, and/or the intrigue of the royal family.
    Chris Markley
    Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    An unexpected trip to England with her daughter leads to an unexpected meeting of a man that is handsome, smart, and interested in her. But how can a connection on vacation in a distant country ever be more than a fling? A story that will leave your heart full.
    I love romances with older protagonists. This was very sweet.
    Peggy
    Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Such a wonderful story. A rare romance between two mature people who meet on a holiday and fall for each other but
    live thousands of miles apart.
    I loved all of the back and forth between them. Entertaining.
    Kimberley
    Sep 11, 2019 rated it liked it
    Vivian tags along with her daughter Maddie on a work trip, where Maddie is set to style the Duchess, and is instantly attracted to Malcolm--the Queen's personal secretary. What starts as harmless flirtation--quickly becomes a need to spend as much time together as possible--and leads to a kiss signalling something more than a fly-by-night romance.

However, as Vivian's royal holiday comes to a close, both she and Malcolm are set to return to their normal lives...or are they?

Vivian is introduced a
    « previous 1 3 4 next »
    Jasmine Guillory is a graduate of Wellesley College and Stanford Law School. She is a Bay Area native who has towering stacks of books in her living room, a cake recipe for every occasion, and upwards of 50 lipsticks.

The Wedding Date (4 books)
    • The Wedding Date
    • The Proposal
    • The Wedding Party (The Wedding Date, #3)