Start by marking “1, 2, 3, Who's Cleaning the Sea? A Counting Picture Book About Protecting Our Planet” as Want to Read:

1, 2, 3, Who's Cleaning the Sea?

A Counting Picture Book About Protecting Our Planet

Seven and eight, is it too late?

Not quite yet, but let's not wait!

8 fishing nets on the ocean floor, dragged by an octopus up to the shore.

The sea creatures are working hard to clean their living environment of ocean pollution.

Inspired by powerful visuals of ocean pollution, this book will
Published April 20th 2019 by Kindle Direct Publishing

Be the first to ask a question about 1, 2, 3, Who's Cleaning the Sea? A Counting Picture Book About Protecting Our Planet

Start your review of 1, 2, 3, Who's Cleaning the Sea? A Counting Picture Book About Protecting Our Planet
Briar's Reviews
1,2, 3, Who's Cleaning the Sea is a cute counting book for children that is environmentally friendly!

This book uses cleaning the ocean of cotton buds, cups and other garbage as a teaching tool. The pictures are very blue and well drawn as well! I like that this unique idea is being used for a picture book. It's nice to see something to prominent like cleaning the ocean (and our environment) in a book like this! Why not kill two birds with one stone?

I did think it was a tad bit cheesey, but it's
Montzalee Wittmann
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful counting book!

1,2,3, Who's Cleaning the Sea? by Janine Rossiter is a terrific counting book ( up to 10) with the theme of cleaning trash out of the sea. Using animals helping the clean up, the count starts. I LOVE the art! Great book and message!
RobinLeigh Morgan
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-own-books
I actually won a Mobi.file copy of this book from the author through a giveaway she had on LibraryThing and the following is my honest opinion.

My inner-child has always loved reading the adventures of this author’s educational Tovi the Penguin series of books, and this book has proven itself just as educational, even more so when you consider the environmental message it desires to communicate to its youngest of readers, that of regarding the pollution of our oceans with tons upon tons of
Amy Ingalls
I won this book in a giveaway. The illustrations are beautiful, and the message in this book is so important. Unfortunately, the book made it seem like the sea creatures could clean up the mess in the sea. As I was reading this to my granddaughter, I felt I had to explain to her that the animals can't actually clean up the mess and that people have to do it because the litter hurts the animals. I agree with the other reviewer who stated that this book makes it seem like we can leave the litter ...more
Eva
May 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
The book is beautiful and lyrical however it gives the impression that the animals in the sea can clean up the garbage that is dumped in it. I am an early childhood educator and was hoping I could use this book to teach children about the importance of taking care of our environment. As adults, we understand this can't happen but young children's magical thinking will lead them to think they needn't bother being careful with trash as the sea creatures will take care of it.
Jennie Goutet
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a GORGEOUS book. The illustrations are spectacular, and the message of the book is one that many parents long for their kids to understand : We need to take care of our planet. There are even age-appropriate tips at the end for caring for our environment. Told in a whimsical fashion, this easy-to-understand numbers book is multi-layered and rich. I highly recommend.
Adria Cimino
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful and educational, this book is the perfect way for little ones to learn counting and begin to understand the importance of keeping our oceans clean. And the adults reading the book to their children will appreciate the gorgeous art. A great addition to a child's library!
Vicki Lesage
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stunning images of sea creatures cleaning the ocean form the backdrop of this fun and educational counting book that young children (and adults too!) are sure to enjoy.
G
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Won this as a giveaway

The art is beautiful and the story is fun and simple. It teaches counting and about keeping the environment clean.
A'Lora Hamilton
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beautiful art and lesson

1,2,3 who's cleaning the sea is a short story with beautifully done images and a meaningful message am so glad I was able to get it for free
Kay
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Part of the “informational children’s picture book” genre gaining popularity, this counting book with ocean-saving message will be a big hit with young listeners/readers. Making learning about complicated issues fun is the goal, and, with a clever rhyming scheme and pictures that pop, this one does an outstanding job! The title as question and making sea creatures the cleanup crew join to teach about counting, about both sea creatures and plastic debris, and the book ends with what humans can ...more
Natasha
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a part of a Goodreads giveaway. This is a quick read with a great message for kids to grasp. Our Oceans need cleaning and this book lays out this issue in a very simple, yet beautiful format. In my experience, kids love books that rhyme and this book rhymes all the way through. Honestly, the words are so perfectly chosen that this could make a great song. I would recommend this book to be read to children in school or at home everywhere. Let's spark change starting with ...more
Yare Espinoza
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Young Children
Shelves: children, giveaways
I won this book in a Giveaway here on Goodreads and my review is my honest opinion about the book.

I loved this book as well as my 19 month old. The illustrations were beautifully done without being to busy that it would distract a young child. I also loved the message of the book. It is a cleaver way to convey the importance of taking care of our seas without relying in scare tactics.

My child loved this book immensely and I would recommend it to any young child especially for the children that
Isabel Zamora
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute beach book

Read this with my nephew and this was a great story to get ready for the beach. Respecting the ocean and the beautiful sea creatures that he is inspired to clean the beach too!
Amy
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adorable Ecological Counting Book

This is adorable ecological counting book meant for small children. I liked the understated color scheme (blue/black/white) and the rhymes. I would recommend this for or gift it to parents of a small child or about-to-be parents.
Stephanie
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun children's book

I liked how it rhymed. There's a lot of good kindergarten skills in the book, counting, rhymes and cleaning up.
MA
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, giveaways
A cute enough kids book about climate change
Amanda Walker
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute book

This is a really beautifully illustrated book. Super cute and offers an educational experience. I look forward to reading more like this.
Paula
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
1, 2, 3, Who’s Cleaning the Sea?

I liked that this book teaches that our water systems should be kept clean at all times. Each page rimes and that’s what my granddaughter likes very much. Ms Rossiter did an awesome job with this book. Will be reading this book a few more times as a bedtime story. Thanks so very much Ms Rossiter for having a creative mind.
Barbara Ann
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am familiar with this author through reading her Tovi the Penguin book series. She has ventured on a new path with this charming, counting picture book. It is crafted in blue tones with cute illustrations of sea creatures who have undertaken the mission of cleaning up our polluted oceans.

Readers discover seahorses, mermaids, tripod fish, and turtles, along with many others who are picking up items like plastic bags, bottle caps, balloons, and fishing nets. Younger readers can learn their
Zoe Bond
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Message!

My 4 year old loved that it taught him about using less single use plastic and how to count. Will read again and again.
Marion
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book for adults to read to kids and get a handle on what we are doing to our world. Illustrations are wonderful. And I learned there is a sea pig!
Holly Lenz
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A pretty kids’ book about cleaning the oceans.

This is a lovely kids’ book with beautiful illustrations and a positive message about cleaning the oceans and keeping them clean.
Regina Davis
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once, Twice, please read again

My son loves this book. He asks for two readings and each reading generates different questions about the environment and trash.
Lori C
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simple and Lovely

This is a great book for kids, smartly addressing sea life, counting, and the responsibility to recycle. Beautiful art! Would recommend!
Dorothy Scott
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Message for all

Nicely done illustrations with a message for everyone about the environment and the need take care of it. Nice read.
fisher
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
an important message, well-delivered.

10 / 10 for illustrations and message. a bit less for the rhymes, but they were certainly good enough to get the point across.
Steve Waldron
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent book which should never be left alone and unread on any bookshelf. So easy to read and follow with fantastic illustrations. A great book to read to all children as soon as they can talk right through to starting school as it educates them about the perils of plastic pollution in our seas and what it is doing to all the creatures who live in the seas and oceans.
Toi Thomas
Actual rating 4.5

There is so much about this book I like. However, there are two major things that kept me from loving it. Still, I highly recommend it.

The black, white, and blue color scheme is beautiful. It captures the serenity and peace of the ocean but overshadows the important theme. Many of the items being cleaned from the ocean blend in so well with the intricate drawings that you almost miss them. A jellyfish cleaning up plastic bags, at first and second glance, just looks like a
Joshua Mitchell
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good book for my kids

I can’t believe how much trash is in the ocean. I wish more people would understand that a lot of our plastic ends up in the ocean.

I am adding to this post because people need to be aware of where America’s recycling ends up. It is horrible.

• I Am Not Afraid To Fail (Persistence Project Book 1)
  • Can You Find My Shoe?: A Zoo Adventure for Ages 3-7
  • The Angry Dragon
  • ABC: Alphabet Animals at Bedtime: Preschool rhyming bedtime ABC book (Funny bedtime stories for kids ages 3-5, early learning the alphabet of English) (Cute children's ABC books 1)
  • Hall-O-Ween!
  • Relay
  • The Lost Narwhal
  • Alone: A Story of Friendship in the Darkness of Space (A Children's Picture Book)
  • Geese Are Not Pets
  • Not Just a Princess
  • Bo the Bat
  • Cami Kangaroo Has Too Much Stuff (Cami Kangaroo and Wyatt Too Book 2)
  • Firenze's Light
  • Grumpy Owl
  • Second-Chance Sam, King of the Junkyard
  • Samson: A children's picture book about sibling love
  • Little Narwhal's Day: A Secret Creatures Book
  • Berkley, A Nose Tale
Amazon bestselling and multi-award-winning author Janina Rossiter loves three things: design, France and her little family.

She studied communication & illustration design at university, and has lived in Germany (her home country), England (where she met her husband), and now France (where she vows to stay). After graduating with a degree from university she worked as a packaging designer for a