Start by marking “Active Measures (Jericho Quinn #8)” as Want to Read:
Active Measures (Jericho Quinn #8)

Active Measures

(Jericho Quinn #8)

Cuba and the United States are in talks to normalize relations, something the old guard on the Communist-controlled island has vowed to stop--by any means necessary. Zayda de la Guardia, a rogue general in the Cuban security services, has gotten his hands on a nuclear weapon left over from the Cold War. He plans to launch it on Miami, an attack that could kill millions. Th ...more
Published November 26th 2019 by Pinnacle

To ask other readers questions about Active Measures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Active Measures

Start your review of Active Measures (Jericho Quinn #8)
Matt
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Marc Cameron returns with another novel in the Jericho Quinn series, sure to impress those who have followed from the beginning, as well and new and curious readers. Mixing some new locales and an interesting thrill angle, Cameron succeeds again at impressing his reading core. When a family of Cuban nationals arrives in South Florida, they come with a dire warning about an imminent attack geared towards the United States. Jericho Quinn receives word of this and agrees to make his way down to see ...more
Donna Hines
Dec 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Unfortunately, I couldn't get into this from the start and have to take a DNF.
I don't like giving bad reviews so please don't let my dislike discourage you from reading this one as variety is the spice of life.
Nothing here brought me into the reading though I sure tried my best.
I hope you find this well and you enjoy this one.
Thank you to the author for this advanced readers copy in exchange for this honest review.
Henry
May 03, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the eighth book in Cameron's Jericho Quinn series. I have read them all and am sorry to say that this one is not up to par. There are too many characters that make the plot difficult to follow, which would not be terrible if the plot were worth following. Sorry Mr. Cameron, but this one was a dud. Three stars instead of two to encourage the author to continue the series with a better effort next time.
Mike
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Active Measures
(Jericho Quinn #8)
Marc Cameron

4 Stars

I was torn between 3 and 4 stars on this one, but because this is the first Jericho Quinn novel I’ve read and I’m jumping into the middle of the series I decided to round up to 4. I think more familiarity with the characters would have made the book more enjoyable and there was still plenty here to send me to the beginning of the series to catch up.

So a Cuban defector lands on a beach in south Florida and is almost immediately killed by Cub
Bill Huffman
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z-2019, december
An explosive, heart-pounding thrill ride from one of my favorite authors. Cuban general Zayda de la Guardia and his personal little group of trained assassins made a major mistake when they killed Jericho Quinn’s friend and now Jericho and his team head to Cuba to find out why. It turns out there’s a Russian nuke left over from the Cuban Missile Crisis and the renegade General de la Guardia plans to blow up Miami with it. And it’s up to Jericho's crew to keep that from happening. They will do wh ...more
Abibliofob
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
It's been a long wait for a new adventure With Jericho Quinn but I'm not dissapointed. As usual Marc Cameron tells a great story. This one is full of suspense and some action, you also find out more about some of the characters background which is always nice. I don't like to repeat myself but I have to thank #Kensingtonbooks and #Netgalley for letting me read another entertaining book. I can really recommend this series and only hope that the next one is on the way.
Darian Jones
Jan 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Was a bit disappointed in this storyline. Never really captured me.
Hanlie
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow what a brilliant book!
I read a lot of military/action thrillers and have read quite a lot of different authors and I'm delighted to say that Marc Cameron will now be added to my list of favourite authors! I can't believe I've only discovered him now and one can definitely see that he worked in law enforcement for over 25 years. This makes his storyline and characters more believable. When it comes to this genre it is important that a book must pack a punch from the beginning and this is cert
Chris (Nuke/Norseman) Miller
Another great storyline, the action is there as is what you’d expect from the main characters if you’ve read other Jericho Quinn series books. The ending fell a little flat on this one but it was good nonetheless.
Mkane
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as most Jericho Quinn novels. Plot good but too much Cuban background for a thriller.
Brendan Morphett
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Thank you to Netgalley for the advance review copy of this book. Unfortunately not the greatest in the Jericho Quinn series. Starts off interestingly enough with a nuclear weapon on the loose in Cuba however the plot doesn't lead anywhere for most of the book and then the whole book is wrapped up nice and easily within a few chapters.
Ann
Nov 18, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-giveaways
I just could not get interested in this book. It seemed like something I would like, but, just didn't do it for me. I tried, Sorry. I dislike giving reviews like this.
So many have given great reviews, but, just not for me.
Kristine
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to NetGalley for letting me have an advanced copy of this for an honest review.

I have always loved this series. Something about Jericho and his relationship with Jacques has always just made me feel all warm and fuzzy. Here you have these amazingly badass men who are the best of friends, yet they are constantly giving each other a hard time. It's hilarious and very genuine.

Now, I've read every book in this series; novellas as well - I've never been disappointed. That is why this revie
Jeff
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Active Measures” is the 8th installment of the Jericho Quinn series by author Marc Cameron, and this series has become one of my favorites in this genre. The newest adventure revolves around a long-hidden nuclear weapon in Cuba, recently discovered by a rouge general in the Cuban army. Jericho Quinn, and all his friends from the series, become involved to try and thwart an imminent attack against the States. Fans of this series will not be disappointed, as the action is non-stop, intense, and h ...more
Brian Miller
The 8th book in the Jericho Quinn series and just as great as the others. Non stop action and I like how this book takes him to Cuba. Cuba has always interested me since it is so close but we really know little about it. Jericho gets a call from an old friend who then turns up dead. Jericho keeps following the trail of this strange killing all the way to Cuba. Faced with almost insurmountable odds, Jericho winds up facing almost a mirror image of himself. Pick up this book and you won't be disap ...more
Linda Schmidt
Marc Cameron’s Active Measures presents an in-depth and exciting look at Cuba, its continual Anti-American efforts, and the sordid condition of its citizens. Cameron shows how over the past 60 years of tyranny and infrastructure decline, Cubans have continued to yearn for freedom. Because Jericho Quinn and his cohorts are drawn into a Cuban plot to attack the Miami area, they travel to the island nation where we see the current conditions and people’s plight. You will enjoy this suspenseful nove ...more
Pat Harmer
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
I didn’t finish this book, just could not find it interesting enough. I have read all of the other Jericho Quinn books and really enjoyed them. This was just too boring. I kept skipping irrelevant portions until I decided to skip the book completely. How other reviewers can say it is an edge of the seat thriller and page turner blows my mind. I struggled to turn from one boring page to another!! From what I have read of other reviews I could just skip to the last couple of pages and have it all ...more
Steven Dawson
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved the latest Jericho Quinn installment from Marc Cameron!! From beginning to end, Cameron masterfully crafts a thrilling story that keeps you invested and hanging on the edge of your seat. His character and plot development was fantastic, and really made you appreciate the plight of some of the main characters. If you’ve followed the Quinn series, you’ll love this one- do yourself a favor and quit waiting, pick this book up now. Well done Mr. Cameron.
Andrew
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Highly recommended.

It's been a long wait for a full-length Jericho Quinn novel, and the wait was worth it. Quinn, Thibodaux, Miyagi and Garcia are in Cuba on the hunt for a rogue Cuban general and the nuclear weapon he plans to launch at the United States. Oh, it's all happening in the middle of a hurricane, with next-to-no backup. Another page-turner from Marc Cameron, with the expected high body-count.
Doug Yonce
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jericho Quinn is back with lots of friends. He is contacted by a buddy who soon after the call is found murdered. The trail leads to Cuba, a Russian missile, and lots of close calls. Excellent journey through modern Cuba is included during the story’s development. I received an advanced digital copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Suzanne
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of Active Measures from Goodreads Giveaways.

I enjoy reading Military action books. Active Measures by Marc Cameron did not disappoint.
Great characters. Believable story. Well written. Great research.
Please write a sequel. I want to know what the characters are up to next.
Ric Ulloa
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of Marc Cemron's best Jericho Quinn novels yet! Great storyline and great job by Mr. Cameron in keep the reader (me!) on the edge of my seat throughout the story, with almost no let downs (that's hard to do!). I really enjoyed this and I really enjoy Mr. Cameron's approaches on the Jack Ryan books. He's really to be applauded, in my opinion.
Kemp
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great yarn, with a lot of intense action.

A great yarn, with a lot of intense action. The ending was kind of compressed - sheer terror, all wrapped up in the last couple of pages. Could Yosemite of a denouement. Jericho Quinn is a great action hero. Amazon or Netflix needs to make it happen.
Keith
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an advance reader's copy of this book last November, but unfortunately was bogged down in a less interesting book and didn't get to this one until after New Year's. Once I picked it up though, it was "hold on tight - this is one wild ride!" Marc Cameron has come out with yet another worthy addition to the Jericho Quinn canon.
ReneE
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book -- full of action and great characters. I haven't read a Jericho Quinn book in a while. Don't know why; guess there are just so many books out there to read! Well, I won't let it slide off my radar screen again. This was one of those unputdownable books. Highly recommend.
Joe
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Once agian Mr. Cameron gives a great read featuring Jericho and team. I only wish Mr. Cameron didn't wait so long to give us another Quinn adventure. If you have not read this series, start from the beginning. You will not be disappointed.
Jane Pettitt
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A war tale, Cuba and the United States are in talks to have relations between the two. Special agent Jericho Quinn and his team travel to Cuba to unravel Zara’s de la Guardias plans. Tbe plan involves a nuclear weapon to incite a holocaust, fast paced and never misses a beat .
Kim
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More like 3.75☆'s
It got four because I really enjoyed the Novella , Dead Drop that was included I'm my paperback.
I'm a fan of Quinn & crew. Always a good story, well developed characters and filled with action.
Gary Hahn
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another outstanding Jericho Quinn novel. Several new characters introduced who has ties to other significant characters. Will be interesting to see whether they continue to be involved in any future Jericho Quinn novels. Highly recommend.
Dave Townsend
Jul 06, 2020 rated it liked it
A rating of 3 stars is generous because I like the series and the characters, but this one never really got going. Boring throughout, like it was setting up the action and never really was interesting or engaging.

• Hunter Killer (Pike Logan #14)
  • Hellfire (Jonathan Grave #12)
  • One Minute Out (Gray Man, #9)
  • Exit Fee (Pike Logan #13.5)
  • Near Dark (Scot Harvath #19)
  • Total Power (Mitch Rapp, #19)
  • Deep Cover (Dan Morgan #8)
  • Assassin's Strike (David Slaton #7)
  • Savage Son (Terminal List #3)
  • Black Flag (Jake Keller #3)
  • I Will Make You Pay
  • Firing Point (Jack Ryan Universe,  #29)
  • Assassin's Revenge (David Slaton #6)
  • Lethal Agent (Mitch Rapp, #18)
  • The Unknown (Jonathan Quinn #14)
  • The Russian (Rob Tacoma, #1)
  • Without Sanction (Matt Drake #1)
  • Dragonfire (Alexander Hawke #11)
A native of Texas, Marc Cameron is a retired Chief Deputy US Marshal who spent nearly thirty years in law enforcement. His assignments have taken him from rural Alaska to Manhattan, from Canada to Mexico and points in between. A second degree black belt in jujitsu, he often teaches defensive tactics to other law enforcement agencies and civilian groups. Cameron lives in Alaska with his wife and BM ...more

Jericho Quinn (8 books)
  • National Security (Jericho Quinn, #1)
  • Act of Terror (Jericho Quinn, #2)
  • State of Emergency (Jericho Quinn #3)
  • Time of Attack (Jericho Quinn, #4)
  • Day Zero (Jericho Quinn #5)
  • Brute Force (Jericho Quinn #6)
  • Field of Fire (Jericho Quinn, #7)