Start by marking “Sám doma s bohmi (Bohovia vôbec nie sú zlí 2)” as Want to Read:
Sám doma s bohmi  (Bohovia vôbec nie sú zlí 2)

Sám doma s bohmi

(Who Let the Gods Out? #2)

Elliotovi sa pomocou Panny a olympských bohov podarilo nájsť Zemekameň, jeden zo štyroch kameňov, ktoré ovládajú živly. Ten, kto bude vlastniť všetky, stane sa neobmedzeným pánom ľudskej ríše. Démon smrti Thanatos a jeho desivá matka Nyx sa zo všetkých síl snažia kamene získať, podľa proroctva to však dokáže iba Elliot. Odolá ich ponuke, že mu výmenou za ne splnia jeho naj ...more
Published March 2019 by Vydavateľstvo SLOVART (first published January 10th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Sám doma s bohmi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sám doma s bohmi

Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious, fast-paced, poignant, and sometimes heartbreaking, the sequel to Who Let the Gods Out does not disappoint. Max Evans has her finger firmly on the pulse of popular culture and exploits it to its fullest, and funniest, potential. The cast of characters are just as colourful and well-drawn as the original. Elliot's moral dilemma has so many possibilities for debate, as does the recurring theme of right and wrong/good and evil. Again the role of a young career is sensitively and sympathet ...more
Robin Stevens
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Maz's first book, and I've been saving the second as a treat for myself - it didn't disappoint! Hilarious, warm, honest (it's rare to read about a young carer, and Maz manages these parts so well) and exciting, this is the perfect continuation to Elliot and Virgo's adventures. 8+

Isabella
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book/series is a really good book and I definitely recommend it to people who love adventure
TJ✨
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, audiobook
OMG that ending!! Thank god I don't have to wait for the next book!
Amy (Golden Books Girl)
Much to my surprise, Simply the Quest not only managed to match Who Let the Gods Out in quality, but was even better. In this book, Maz Evans continues the story of Elliot Hooper, who is having to deal with his mum`s dementia, learning more about his dad and why he hasn`t been part of his life (so far) and also living with several of the Greek Gods and Zodiac sign Virgo. The book manages to have phenomenal humour throughout (it was even funnier than book 1, and I feel like there`s a superb mix o ...more
Kelly
This is the second book in the Who Let the Gods Out? series and honestly this series just keeps getting better. Elliot is someone I can easily root for and I love the way all of the Greek Gods and mythology is played about with. There are lots of seriously laugh out loud moments in these books and I’m sure that kids across the UK wish they could hang out with Hermes and the gang. It’s not all fun and laughter, however, as we see Elliot struggle to cope with his mum being ill and some other famil ...more
Bethany Sawford
Brilliant. The sequel to Who Let the Gods Out is laugh-out-loud funny and gut-wrenchingly heartbreaking at the same time. Elliot faces some super tough challenges this time, but his friends are always there to cheer him (and me!) up with their hilarious banter. Maz Evans has done an amazing job of characterising the Greek Gods and cramming the emotion into this story. When is the next book out?
Andrea Way
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These are so cute, funny and occasionally sad but poignant books.
17bartlettj186
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Miss Lynham
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017, ks2, upper-ks2
I absolutely loved this book!! It is just as good as the first - the books must be read in order to get the best from them (Who Let The Gods Out - 1st book, Simply the Quest - 2nd book). Having read Who Let the Gods Out earlier in the year I was eagerly awaiting this book, I was therefore very pleased to see this had arrived early in my local bookshop. I couldn’t resist and had started reading it before even getting home. Having now finished this one – I can’t wait to see what the next book brin ...more
Kelly
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited to see Simply The Quest by Maz Evans on it’s publication day. I absolutely LOVED ‘Who Let The Gods Out’ and recommended it to everyone I could, so I grabbed this eagerly anticipated sequel as soon as possible. The storyline continues on from the first book with Elliot and his motley crew of Gods trying to prevent Thanatos, the daemon of death, getting his hands on the chaos stones.

While this is all going on, Elliot is also struggling with the further deterioration of his mother
Layla
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply The Quest is Maz Evans’ next book in her debut series – Who Let The Gods Out came first at the beginning of 2017 and I fell in love immediately. Who can say no to Greek Gods, rib tickling adventures, and a ninja Queen?

Maz is a genius, and she does it all again in this next book, which sees Elliot and his companions searching for the next Chaos Stone while Virgo tries desperately to complete a quest in order to get her kardia back and become immortal once again. There’s more of a sad under
Katy Noyes
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another dose of the Greek Gods in the modern world, brilliantly funny.

Following almost directly on from 'Who Let the Gods Out', this needs to be read in sequence really to make sense of both plot and characters. I would guess that almost any reader of Maz Evan's first will want to continue reading about Elliott and his immortal friends.

Elliott's mum still has dementia, he is still trying to collect some immortal talismen, the Gods are still living on their farm, and he still has an enemy in daem
Steph
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another absolute winner from Maz. WLTGO was an exceptional start to this series and STQ just blew me away. It deals with Elliot's issues with his mum, introduces him to a new family member and discusses morality - what is good? what is bad?

I loved having these characters in my life again. I laughed a lot. Virgo is one of those bloody rays of light in books like this - her trying to understand jokes is one of those gorgeous things about this book. There's some very touching moments between Josie
Hayley
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is absolutely brilliant.

You're never too old to read a good kids book, and this one is a cracker.

I was very pleasantly surprised that not only is this as good as the first offering (Who Let The Gods Out), but it's incredibly emotional and heartbreaking at times.

Elliot has an incredibly complex relationship with his mum. He's battling with her mental health issues whilst trying to care and protect to her.

Hermes is one of my favourite characters. He's funny, his humour is bang on and
Alyce Hunt
I'm planning on doing a proper series review when I've finished all four of the Who Let The Gods Out?books, but I'm sad to say that Simply the Quest just didn't impress me as much as the first book in the series. I love the way Maz Evans writes whacky and fantastical scenes, but it felt a little bit overpowering in this one, and that combined with the influx of fight scenes made things feel all over the place. That being said, I loved the story of Elliot's dad, Dave, and I'm looking forward to t ...more
Sam Young
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The sequel to Who let the Gods out? did not disappoint. Just as funny and emotionally touching with a good mix of adventure and family context. Max’ books are always good for a hidden moral too. I describe this series as a Toy Story equivalent, great fun for children to read with jokes and situations that adults will understand on a different level.
I am going out to buy the third one tomorrow!
Vonprice
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fast-paced, magical adventure filled to the brim with jokes which also contains deeply poignant moments as a young carer looks after his seriously ill mother and learns the story of his absent father.

You can read my full review on my blog here:
Jo Nicholson
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

We loved the first one and read the second straight afterwards. Funny, gripping, lovable characters and in places quite bonkers. Come on Maz, where's the next one?!?!
Louise Inniss
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again, Maz the almighty has conjured up a fantastic book. Even better than the first, with some new characters and new heartaches, Simply The Quest is one of my favourite reads this year.
Can't wait for the next one!
Anne Stripeycat Newman
Fantastic. I'm an adult reading a children's book, and yet, it doesn't feel like it. It's soo well written and the characters have soo much depth. Have enjoyed this soo much I have book 3 on pre-order.
Jean Kirby
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very funny sequel to Book 1 "Who Let the gods Out". I enjoyed this tale of mayhem with Greek Gods and some very funny incidents involving the Queen!
You need to have read book 1 first to understand the plot. I can't wait for book 3.
Kate
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Welcome to book no.2 of Maz Evans' hilarious take on the Gods of Olympus (and constellations besides). More action, more gods, and more laugh-out-loud moments. Here's waiting for the next installment.
Chrys
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic fun, picked up where the last one finished. Love the characters, the clever puns and word play, and am really looking forward to the next one......
Rebecca Gale
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Elliot's quest continues and in enterers Nyx, goodness of the night. Even better than the first book.
Graine Milner
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: y7-8
Every bit as good as Who Let The Gods Out. Maybe even better! Laugh-out-loud funny, touching - just delightful.
Geremy B
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
epic book. would read again and again
Morag
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whizzed through, can't wait for the next one!
Victoria
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read. Lots of fun and adventures. I’d have like a little more progress to be made but it is a very entertaining series so far.
Julie
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The follow up to Who Let The Gods Out, this book continues the adventures of Elliot, Virgo and the Greek Gods. Another hilarious, action-packed book.

• Adventure Time with Finn & Jake (Issue #6)
  • The Great Hibernation
  • Hyacinth and the Secrets Beneath
  • Amelia Fang and the Barbaric Ball
  • Flashing Fire Engines
  • There's a House Inside My Mummy
  • A Dog Called Grk (Grk, #1)
  • Maisy Goes to the Museum: A Maisy First Experience Book
  • Show Stopper (Show Stopper #1)
  • Copper Canyon Conspiracy (Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: Super Mystery, #21)
  • Twelve Nights

Who Let the Gods Out? (3 books)
  • Who Let the Gods Out? (Who Let the Gods Out?, #1)
  • Beyond the Odyssey (Who Let the Gods Out? #3)