Start by marking “Double Crossfire (Captain Jake Mahegan #6)” as Want to Read:
Double Crossfire (Captain Jake Mahegan #6)

Double Crossfire

(Captain Jake Mahegan #6)

In the most shocking scenario of our time, former Brigadier General Anthony J. Tata takes you inside a brilliantly conceived, brutally executed plot to overthrow our government—from within . . .

“How do you overturn an election?” It’s a question that has obsessed presidential candidate candidate Jamie Carter ever since her loss to businessman and political neophyte
Published October 29th 2019 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Double Crossfire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Crossfire

Start your review of Double Crossfire (Captain Jake Mahegan #6)
Maddie Taylor
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced and leaving you wanting more. Tony crushes it with this one! It keeps you on your toes from the get go and it keeps it that way to the very end. Cassie, Jake, and the team are unraveling something huge that begins with Cassie on the run. It all ends up in Washington D.C. with an even bigger twist!
Bruce L. Johnson
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Up front, I am a huge fan of General Tata. Once again, he has knocked it out of the park in the latest in the Jake Mahegan series. Largely told from the perspective of Cassie Bagwell, Double Crossfire moves at a fast pace with a number of plot twists and turns that add to the richness of the tale. Some writers in this genre never allow the characters (and the readers) to take a breath. A.J. Tata resists that temptation and delivers a story that is virtually impossible to put down.

Does one read
Suzette
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This intense political drama continues as Cassie, Jake and their team take on a new mission to protect the Presidency. It is an adrenaline pumping ride as you follow its twists and turn. It is filled with urban combat scenarios and future technologies. Cassie is a hard hitting warrior perfectly matched with her boyfriend Jake. With all the conspiracies the author will keep you guessing as you try to figure who the real bad guys are. It will all come down to a nail biting finish which sets the ...more
Alan
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a ride! A nightmare that seems eerily familiar and all to close to home. Explosive action and an edge of your seat thriller. I hope it does not come down to this.
Tara Stapledon
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Netgalley and Kensington Books for this ARC

Non stop action and an intricate plot in this political thriller. The Resistance is a group that includes some pretty high up people within various government agencies planning to overthrow the current government using female assassins. Although this is the 6th book in the Jake Mahegan series, it centers more around his partner Army Ranger Captain Cassie Bagwell. I found it wasn't as good as previous books in the series but it was still a good
Ric Ulloa
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is A J Tata's (Colonel? Is that correct?) best in a long time. Honestly, I was getting a bit reticent about continuing with the Jake Mehagan series as the last 2 novels didn't do much for me, but this one was a constant thriller-action novel that I couldn't put down! Excellent job! You've sure won me back and the end surely got me excited for the next novel. What a great hook! Really and awesome job, thank you!!
Donna Hines
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
How do you overturn an election?
I suppose you can do what is already being done as we speak but for Jamie Carter she's hell bent on getting what she lost and that's a seat in the top office of the land.
Her eyes are set on the White House but first she must move some people out of her way and they aren't willingly going to go.
So we may have to bring in an intelligence officer on this one but no worries she'll figure it out.
Once Cassie is on the scene a whole host of issues creep out and murder is
Linda Schmidt
Anthony Tata’s Double Crossfire keeps readers tense and thinking from beginning to end. Its plot parallels today’s events, but its heroes are unusual: native American/retired military Jake Mahegan and the first female Army Ranger working inside the U.S. to protect government officials as well as us citizens. If you can guess who the enemy/bad guy is, you deserve a medal since Tata succeeds in disguising the antagonist till the very end.
Craig Pearson
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Thank you to Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review this book. Ripped and copied from today's headlines. While some will say this his mearly a hit piece on Hillary and her continued desires to be President it does cater to those who believe the conspiracy theories of the far right. Accurate or not this is an interesting and fun read.
Peter Hoetjes
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Though the characters are fictitious we really know all of them. The plot is so unbelievable, yet so credible, that you hang on to every word, every sentence, every paragraph and chapter until justice is finally served and your subconscious rings with the words “lock her up”.

General Tata has deftly captured the political pulse of the day and has spun a tale that is breathtaking in its realism. It scores a 10 and a must-read for political thrillers.
Bill Donhiser
Once again General Tata pens a winner with Double Crossfire. A thriller about a coup in the United States government. It is a page turning hard to put down story. The characters are great, the plot is enthralling and it is just plain fun to read.
Brandon
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
Jeff
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
“Double Crossfire” by Anthony Tata is the 6th in a series featuring the main character, Jake Mahegan. This is the first book I’ve read in this series, and although it’s a stand-alone book, I felt like I was missing some important background information by not having read the earlier books., and it seemed Inwas playing catch-up most the time. With that being said, the plot is incredulous, even for this genre, and it just didn’t keep my interest, and as the plot progressed so did the level of ...more
Marshall
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
This is the first book I've read by Anthony Tata. Although starting out as a reasonably interesting thriller, the story devolves into a complicated plot by a widespread conspiracy to overthrow the President, who resembles Trump in demeanor, and replace him with the losing candidate, who resembles Hillary Clinton. I guess the fun is trying to figure out the true loyalties of the main characters - are they spies or double-agents? For me, it was just kind of tedious. The narrative is actually ...more
Ray
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Below Par

I am a huge fan of the Jake Mahegan character and really enjoyed the first 5 books in this series, all worth a 4 or 5 star rating. Although the premise of this book was great, it did not seem the plot was as tightly constructed, there was not the resolution with the villains we have come to expect and large segments of the book were waaaaaaaay too long; this would have been better suited as a novella. However, I will still buy number 7 in the series and write off this one as an
Abibliofob
Oct 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
This was a fast read... Started and finished in the same day. Fast paced action all the way through, one of the best in the series so far. I must thank #KensingtonBooks and #Netgalley for letting me read this great book. Now we have to wait a year for Antony J. Tata to write the next chapter...
Ulrike
Nov 15, 2019 rated it liked it
needed a bit of reference from the last book, assumed the reader could remember it.
Robert Knorr
3.5 rating.
Ryan Hillis
A so so thriller about over throwing the u.s. government.
Karen Marinucci
Nov 03, 2019
Elizabeth Davis
Nov 06, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Exit Fee (Pike Logan #13.5)
  • Tom Clancy Code of Honor (Jack Ryan Universe Book 28)
  • Active Measures (Jericho Quinn #8)
  • Hunter Killer (Pike Logan #14)
  • Red Specter (Tier One #5)
  • Lethal Agent (Mitch Rapp #18)
  • All Out War (Eric Steele #2)
  • Deep State
  • The Russian (Rob Tacoma #1)
  • The Raid (Ryan Decker #2)
  • The Deserter (Scott Brodie & Maggie Taylor)
  • True Believer (James Reece, #2)
  • Rules of War (Logan West #4)
  • Red Metal
  • Open Carry (Arliss Cutter #1)
  • Blue Moon (Jack Reacher, #24)
  • Secret Service
  • Assassin's Revenge (David Slaton #6)
Tony is the bestselling author of 12 novels, including the Jake Mahegan series from Kensington Books, the Reaper Series from St. Martins Press, and the Threat Series from Variance Publishing.

Captain Jake Mahegan (6 books)
  • Foreign and Domestic  (Captain Jake Mahegan, #1)
  • Three Minutes to Midnight (Captain Jake Mahegan, #2)
  • Besieged (Captain Jake Mahegan, #3)
  • Direct Fire (Captain Jake Mahegan, #4)
  • Dark Winter (Captain Jake Mahegan #5)