Start by marking “Children of Sinai: Following your dreams can change not only your life, but the future of the Human race.” as Want to Read:

How would you feel if you got caught up in a secret so vast it threatened everything the world had come to believe?

That’s what happened to John Milburn, computer science lecturer, orphan, husband and father, who lived an ordinary life in Haverhill, Suffolk, England.

That is, until the dreams started…

From the idyllic calm of Cambridge, John Milburn is drawn to the dust and
Published March 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Children of Sinai, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Children of Sinai

Start your review of Children of Sinai: Following your dreams can change not only your life, but the future of the Human race.
Shalini
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A story in the present times with dreams of a prophecy of an ancient Egypt, this book was haunting and enticing.

John was living a routine life, being a good husband and a great father to twins. Till he started dreaming and so did his daughters, about an ancient prophecy where the new moon and a new beginning and the twins born on an annular eclipse were to be the protectors of the land. The entire plot brought out my goosebumps as I started reading.

Shelley Clarke has written a stupendous story
Donna Maguire

I thought that this book was excellent, it was full of mystery and intrigue and I flew through the story!

The characters were excellent, they were very well developed and I thought they worked brilliantly together, the plot is clearly well thought through and the author did a great job bringing it all together.

I will admit and did think at about the 75-80% stage that it was in trouble of losing its way but the author managed to pull it back on track and I a
Toya
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up!

story set in present day that is dictated by the prophecy of Ancient Egypt? Umm, yes please!

This book was part sci-fi, part apocalyptic thriller, and part historical fiction, which made for an imaginative story full of mystery and intrigue.

John is your quintessential loving father and husband. Everything in life proceeded on it’s mundane course as to be expected until him and his daughters start to have vivid, prophetic dreams.

Following a sudden death, some old forgotten
Todd Jones
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book for a first time author. Love the characters. Im a fan of modern adventure stories with historical/biblical connections and this does not disappoint. Not a fast paced brainless run of the mill story like a lot out there. Has a deep thought provoking story that keeps you guessing and makes you want to Google some of the ideas and find out more about it. Especially about the children themselves (No spoilers). Looking forward to a sequel.
Steph Warren
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received a free copy of this book, with thanks to the author. The decision to review and my opinions are my own.*

Children of Sinai is an intriguing mix of religion, sci-fi and apocalyptic thriller.

The main character, John, is pretty much Mr Ordinary except for the recurring dreams he has of climbing a mountain, which leave him drained and exhausted upon waking. His twin girls have their own language, which his wife – frustrated that childcare has interrupted her meteoric career in linguistics
Leelynn (Sometimes Leelynn Reads) ❤
Disclaimer: I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you to Rachel’s Random Resources and Shelley Clarke for this free copy. All quotes in this review are taken from the Advanced Reader Copy and may change in final publication.

I always love stories that have some aspect of Egyptian history and mythology involved, and I’m so glad that this one did! It’s also really cool to see how an author will combine the modern day world with th
Suzanne Rogerson
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love a mystery and this book had tons of it to unravel!
It surprised and shocked me and had uncanny links to the current situation we all find ourselves living through.
I hope to review this more fully very soon, but for now I'd say it was a great, entertaining read - 4.5 stars.
Jessica Belmont
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You know what you should be doing right now? You should be reading Children of Sinai! I’m already telling you my rating – this is a 5 star read and it’s going into my list of favorites from 2019, with the possibility of making it into the top 5. This book is SO GOOD.

The hours of research that Shelley Clarke must have put into this novel is so obvious. It’s incredibly realistic. Her ability to take parts of her imagination and blend them so perfectly with factual information is just astonishing.
Janice
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a history lover, and with a mother who’s a twin, this book was a natural fit for me. It helped that the author’s writing style is just so easy to read. The story is fabulous and the research that must have gone into it has obviously been extremely thorough. So the background is well outlined and gives the plot a solid foundation on which to base itself.

The timeline flits between past and present but gives the reader enough time in each segment to get their teeth into each part of the story. T
Haley Renee The Caffeinated Reader

I really enjoyed the plot and idea of this.

I thought this was a fun read and found it so well researched that I admired and enjoyed the historical and past sections the most. I also like the idea of such a nice blending of religions, or rather the possibility to come together due to a deeper truth.

My biggest issue with this novel was the pacing, it tended to be so erratic at times that key moments were turned anti-climatic, more than once and I think she m
Lel Budge
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Set in the present day, but with a prophecy from ancient Egypt.

This tells of John, a husband and father to twin girls……but then he has a dream about ancient Egypt, and twins that are to be protectors.

A very clever mix of fact, some biblical events and fiction, with so much happening it keeps you hooked from start to finish.

It jumps between the two timelines, but in such a way as to keep it easy to follow, even with its twist and marvellously imaginative plot. An engaging read.

Bryan Quinn
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Like a rollercoaster leaving the gate, Children of Sinai quickly gets up to speed and takes the reader on a fast-paced adventure with many unexpected twists and turns. From the ruins of the ancient biblical city of Jericho to the protected retreat of Hope Meadows, nothing less than humanity is at stake in this contemporary mystery/thriller. A thoroughly enjoyable read!
A.E. Warren
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very cleverly written as we begin with an everyday life in Haverhill, Suffolk and end up with world-wide consequences. Really well researched and I loved learning about the secret language of twins! I hear there is a sequel coming, which I'm really looking forward to reading. Fantastic debut!
Sinead Jones
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A pleasure to read, with twist and turns to keep the reader guessing. The book is certainly a page turner and leaves you wanting more, can't wait for next instalment!
ChillwithabookAWARD With
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Children of Sinai by Shelley Clarke has received a Chill with a Book Readers' Award.
www.chillwithabook.com
Liz Pote
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read, didn't want to put it down.
Jacquie Partridge
rated it did not like it
Jul 10, 2020
Angela King
is currently reading it
Mar 07, 2019
Shelley Clarke
Apr 10, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
gemma

• A Song Below Water
  • Safe
  • The Silent Treatment
  • Grown Ups
  • Canal Pushers (Johnson & Wilde Crime Mystery Book 1)
  • In Five Years
  • The Raven and the Dove (The Raven and the Dove, #1)
  • The Ruined Land
  • Why She Lied
  • 13 Steps to the Cellar
  • Remote
  • Broad Plain Darkening
  • Eve 2.0: The Ultimate Gaming Experience (The Gamer Series, Book 1)
  • Daisy Daydream the Nursery Rhyme Bus
  • Re-Navigation
  • Blood Song (Emily Roy & Alexis Castells #3)
  • The Veiled Threat (The Veiled Duchess #1)
  • The Pale
1 follower
Shelley Clarke was born into a naval family in Kent in 1958, and consequently moved house a lot as a child. She had ambitions to follow in her father’s footsteps and join the Royal Navy, and to become a carpenter, but these were not female occupations at that time. So she learned to type… which has come in jolly handy for putting her stories first onto paper, and now onto screen.

Shelley is a keen