Start by marking “As Silver Is to the Moon” as Want to Read:
As Silver Is to the Moon

As Silver Is to the Moon

New school. First love. A psychotic werewolf that wanted me dead. And it was only week one in Santa Isadora.

For fifteen-year-old Teavan Laurent and his older sister Suzanne, Santa Isadora seemed like a sleepy and idyllic California town to finish high school after their unexpected move west from New York City.

As he struggles to make friends in a town shrouded in secrets,
Published April 28th 2019 by TER Publishing

To ask other readers questions about As Silver Is to the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about As Silver Is to the Moon

Start your review of As Silver Is to the Moon
Mary S. R.
3 TEEN STARS

“Gold is to the sun what Silver is to the moon.”

When I dived into As Silver Is to the Moon, I was excited for sth like one of my fave TV shows Teen Wolf: a fun and hilarious teen adventure with unforgettable and adorable characters (I mean, DUH, Stiles!?), peppered with chilling mystery and addictive supernatural creatures, finally giving werewolves the stage they deserve.

This is how I ended up feeling:

Because this book is all that...watered down.
I think I'd sum up my thoughts in
Tierra T.
I had to read this because it’s dealing with werewolves! I looooove werewolves. This book was good liked the characters & it was good story! ...more
(Ellie) ReadtoRamble
This book was a really interesting read for me, I haven't read any "werewolf" stories in a long time, in fact, not since Twilight was all the rage I think. I loved Twilight when I read it and I am nostalgic about it, however, with age I have come to understand that it is a bit shoddy and badly written; this book, however, is not. I quite enjoyed it, I think I will give it 3,75 stars just because at some times I didn't get the "feels" I was expecting.
I really appreciated that this book was not at
Alyssa Hayden
DISCLOSURE: I was provided an ARC of this novel in response for an honest review, thank you to netgalley and the publisher.

Brilliant read! I downloaded and started reading the night before last, and finished up on the tube this morning. It was simple, but a page turner.

I'm particular to werewolves, and I appreciated the ties to Europe and the so-called epicurean superiority of chefs and sommeliers of a certain lineage.

Is there a sequel?
Abigail
Apr 01, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Fifteen-year-old Teavan Laurent and his older sister Suzanne are dismayed when their father decides to move them from New York to small-town California. Their estranged grandfather has passed away, leaving them a rural estate. Shortly after their arrival, a violent bully targets Teavan, citing a mysterious shared "family history." Over the course of the novel, Teavan discovers that lycanthropy is real and that he and everyone he cares about is in great danger.

I enjoy werewolf stories, but found
Bobgirl81
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely had to read the book I love werewolves; it was great. It started out slow but got really interesting. I like that it explained the history of the lycanthropes and the bits of french it had. Can't wait for the next one.Totally would recommend for anyone that doesn't mind a bit of violence.

*Thanks to the publisher for an advanced readers copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Sandra "Jeanz"
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, shifter

I was originally I was going to read a different book but there was something wrong with the mobi file. So I was scrolling through the kindle app on my tablet and chose this one to read. The cover is really quite different when compared to the usual shifter books have. I love the central part of the cover where you can see a wolf, a man, and then baby, or that’s kind of what I see. The byline reads “There are no alphas, no soul mates, only vengeance”. The byline suggests a very “eye for an eye”
Jane FitzPatrick
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Netgalley and TER Publishing for an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review - loved the book.
Breane Ross
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received an arc from netgalley. Really enjoyed this ya paranormal book. Definitely recommend it!
Luna Mai
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyed this book! A fast-paced and fun escape read.

I loved most of the characters, especially Suzanne. She is only a couple years younger than myself and I could identify with her worries and concerns. I thought it was cool that the group of kids, given the werewolf genre, aren't all in the 'in' group and aggressive. Was nice for a change.

I loved the history involving France, and only wish there could have been more about the link between Teavan and their family roots there.

The part
Deven Kane
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
R.A. Watt's debut novel is an intriguing spin on the lycan mythology. Set in a high school in California, Watt ties the roots of his story into an ancient rivalry originating in Europe several centuries earlier. You have to feel sympathy for young Teaven, whose grade nine year--with all the normal stresses a typical teenager has to face--suddenly becomes much more complicated with lycans, family curses, and one of the most disturbingly creepy nightmare sequences I've ever read.
Coralee Hicks
Apr 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Full disclosure: I read this in an e format as an Advanced Reader copy from net galley and Ter Publishing. Thank you for the opportunity.

This is R. A. Watt's debut YA novel. It is a good solid first effort. The opening sets the stage for the evolution of lycanthropes. In France, in the 18th century, a young girl defies custom and falls in love with a non were. She escapes to Louisiana establishing a line of American werewolves.
Skip to the present day where the new in town family is trying to f
Amy Nadeau
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful coming-of-age adventure with some budding romance. It is the story of an uprooted family moved west, for reasons unclear at the beginning. As Teavan and his sister Suzanne settle into the mysterious town of Santa Isadora, strange things begin to happen and they are thrust into the center of an ongoing dispute with werewolves (lycanthropes).

I thought the book was very well written for a debut author! I look forward to further books by him and especially a book II or III - most of the
Iiris
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing book that I devoured in less than a day. Amazingly written and definitely worth reading! I can not describe how exited I am for the next book!
Meaghan
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not put this book down! The characters are relatable and realistic (especially the two main characters Teavan and his sister Suzanne). The Lycan history is fascinating and adds an interesting edge while not dominating this character driven story. A refreshing change for this genre. I found myself invested in the characters fairly quickly and the building suspense was page turning. While classified as YA, as an adult I thoroughly enjoyed reading this debut novel and have recommended to fr ...more
Joey Brodie
I'm a sucker for shifter stories, especially werewolves, and As Silver Is to the Moon is a really good one. There is a strong mystery, fun characters and a good setting for the story. Sure to be popular with young adult readers who love werewolf books!
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
This book should have been my perfect read as I love a werewolf, but the book just didn’t do it for me at all. The writing felt off, pacing wasn’t good, repetitive and awkward. The characters I had no connection to and didn’t find empathetic. Some parts were just weird

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Tiffany
Mar 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc, march-2019, netgalley
As Silver Is to the Moon is an easy read albeit one that doesn't contribute anything new or particularly exciting to the overdone paranormal/werewolf genre of YA.

The protagonist is a high schooler named Teaven whose life in New York is uprooted upon his grandfather's death and his family is relocated to a small town in California. Upon arrival in their new town Teaven and his sister, Suzanne, begin to discover that there are secrets that the community is keeping, secrets that his grandfather kn
Southern Today Gone Tomorrow
Written by R. A. Watt, As Silver Is to the Moon is decent YA, however the best part of the whole series is the first chapter that takes place in France. This novel is about Teavan, a boy whose family (father and older sister) recently moved into the house of his recently deceased grandfather (I know, one too many). And learns that there are more than just coyotes in the woods in this little small town. And that there was more to his grandfather than he knew.

Again, the opening chapter is the best
Brent Morgan
Barry
May 03, 2019
kyra
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I received this ARC from NetGalley & the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I usually love werewolf/supernatural books however this book didn't really grab my attention. It was interesting to read from the male leads pov and a male lead who wasn't the alpha male that is usually written about. Usually books like this are written from the female leads pov so it was a nice change and pace.

I did not like the dream sequence. It was creepy and weird and just not my cup of tea. Other than that
Donn

• Rules
  • Husks: A Short Story
  • Hunger for Life
  • Communion
  • Alex, You're Glowing (The Secret World of Alex Mack, #1)
  • Return to Foreverware (Eerie, Indiana, #1)
  • Hold Me Closer, Necromancer (Necromancer, #1)
  • Liesl & Po
  • Vault of Dreams
  • The Weight of Our Souls (Souls of Elkwood County, #1)
  • Sabrina the Teenage Witch (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #1)
  • The Seer of Shadows
  • Necromancy Cottage, or, The Black Art of Gnawing On Bones (The Sapphire Castle, #1)
  • Bloody Christmas
R. A. Watt is a lover of books, food, wine, and his family. He lives in the beautiful Okanagan Valley of British Columbia. AS SILVER IS TO THE MOON is his debut novel.

News & Interviews