Start by marking “Rebound (Pucks & Rainbows, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rebound (Pucks & Rainbows, #1)

Rebound

(Pucks & Rainbows #1)

A forty-something single dad, a twenty-something hockey star, and a whole lot of baggage. No, this couldn’t possibly blow up in their faces.

Officer Geoff Logan has his plate full. His cop’s salary and Marine retirement aren’t enough to make ends meet. He’s got war wounds and demons that are in it for the long haul. His teenagers are, well, teenagers, plus they’re pissed
Published March 27th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Rebound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rebound

Start your review of Rebound (Pucks & Rainbows, #1)
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Cute, Easy, But Nothing Special*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

The book centers around officer Geoff Logan (44) and Asher Crowe (25), Seattle Steelheads center. They meet when the cops were called in to check out on a fight at a restaurant, where they quickly find out that Asher's been in a abusive relationship. Geoff recognize himself in Asher. This is the start of Geoff and Asher's friendship. Geoff makes Asher feel save and Asher makes Geoff feel good. Can they be more? Overall, I started this book on Apri
Gigi

Probably in the top 5 for best HEA ever. It's worth reading for that alone!

Full review shortly.
Kaje Harper
There are a lot of ways a relationship can be based in abuse. Officer Geoff Logan has seen many of them on the job with the Seattle police department. On this particular night, he and his partner are called to a violent argument between two men that turns out to be an abused man trying for a safe public break-up from his physically abusive boyfriend.

Geoff's sympathy is engaged, and not just because the survivor is Asher Crowe, the hottest local hockey player and only out gay player in the leagu
Meags
3.5 Stars

Rebound is an age-gap M/M romance between a cop and a hockey star, both of whom are struggling emotionally in the aftermath of abusive relationships.

Geoff Logan is a forty-something Seattle police officer, a veteran, and a divorced father with two teenaged kids; he is bisexual and recently out of a long-term relationship with a wealthy man who was emotionally manipulating Geoff for six long years.

Asher Crowe is a gay hockey sensation in his mid-twenties, breaking out of a relationship w
Fabi
I very much enjoyed this first book in Witt's new sports series. Although I had to suspend disbelief at times, I found all the characters endearing. I was also pleasantly surprised at the casual diversity. It warms my heart to read about inclusion that is the norm instead of the plot arc.

This book has a lot to recommend it. If you like any/all of these you'll likely enjoy the story.
* Sports romance
* Inclusive
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

Good but not great.

It was an easy read, but I got a bit bored of the same internal monologues.

A bit predictable. Some nice steam.

No big complaints, just didn’t wow me.
haletostilinski
4.5 stars!

I really enjoyed this one, it was really good.

Both Geoff and Asher have recently gotten out of abusive relationships - one emotional and mental, and another physical (as well as emotional and mental, of course) - when they meet. In fact, Asher is literally just breaking up with his abusive boyfriend when he and Geoff meet, as Geoff is a cop who is called to take care of the disturbance - because Asher broke up with his ex in public so he couldn't do anything in private - well, he does
~nikki the recovering book addict
3 stars

I wanted to love this so much but argh...they were like teenage girls sometimes. I don’t mean to downplay abuse, both physical and mental, but I don’t get the feeling that this book was tackling abuse as a topic but rather more of a plot point and both Asher and Geoff flip flopping and using past abuse experiences just feels pointless so I’m not too cut up about complaining about it.

The epilogue did make me smile so that did bump up the ratings and the fact that it is a hockey romance ha
JenMcJ
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a good book. Both the characters were likable and the problems understandable. The book was emotional and sexy and well written. I liked that some of the characters were diverse without making it a big deal and that the type of sex they had wasn't "typical" for regular m/m books. I also liked that it looked fairly realistically at the issue of gay domestic partner abuse and the perceptions that come with it, both external and internal. Also, that there is more than one kind of abuse and ...more
L.A. Witt
Mar 06, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
As of May 26, 2019, the series name has been changed to Pucks & Rainbows, and the hockey team has been changed to the Seattle Snowhawks. Reviews may still reflect the original names. ...more
Steph ☀️
Enjoyable :)

For the most part it was an enjoyable read and pretty quick too. Only thing that bothered me was the too redundant inner musings.
Santy
This book had my feelings rebounding all over the place! Lol!

I liked it well enough, the writing was great and I loved the pacing and characterisations for the most part. What I didn't like however was Geoff's back and forth actions regarding Asher. He was a great guy and all but he knowing he was being manipulated and STILL behaving the way he did annoyed me to no end. Asher had been through hell and back so did not deserve any of that.

I get that this book dealt with abuse but after a point i
Caipi
Loved it!
Great story, perfectly narrated by Nick J. Russo and Michael Ferraiuolo!

namericanwordcat
I read this romance in one happy sitting. While Ashe is a hockey player and the sport and fame are vital to this story, the really plot is about two heroes recovering from abusive relationships.

Geoff, older and a father of teenagers is so lovely and Ashe, our ginger hero is just as kind.

They both hurt. I really love how human they are and how complex their lives are. The dating is nice.

My favorite besides the healing love and self acceptance and compassion is all the subtle work with with pow
Ami

I liked the set-up. I liked that the two ex-es were both abusive but coming from different side (physical and emotional) so Geoff and Asher had their own personal issues to deal with. I especially LOVED the two women in Geoff's life: his partner, Laura, and his ex-wife, Valerie... because they ROCKED.

BUT, all the sex scenes distracted me from the story -- because I kept skimming/skipping over them, I just didn't feel like reading any of the scenes *shrugs*. And I wish those scenes are r
Ay
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LA Witt is unpredictable for me. This one had all the settings correct. It was the sort of May/December I love, where the age difference is part of who they are and something to be negotiated, not where the younger ones goes juvenile, and the older one plays an authority figure role. Also hockey players which I like for no logical reason, as well as cops, and ex military!

Witt does a great job of deconstructing the aftermath of abusive relationships. In fact, this is the focus of the story. There
AussieMum
This was an alright read if you don’t mind a fair bit of repetitive dialogue and internal musings. I liked the two MC and the basic plot but found it dragged quite a lot in places because these guys have been through a lot of previous relationship trauma and are “stuck” in it for most of this. But I will say it’s not very often I read a book where a MC has an aversion to anal sex. Especially where it’s not a case of “top or bottom”, the character just doesn’t like any of it. And the how and why ...more
Kath ❅
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rating is probably actually a 3.75 stars but I'm rounding up because I thought this book was sweet and I had a good time with it.

This is not a particularly unique romance plot and didn't blow me out of the water by any means but I definitely enjoyed myself while reading this. Obviously, I liked it enough to finish it in less that a day. I thought the characters were good, though I do wish they had been a little more fleshed out, and I liked them together.

Both side of the relationship Asher and
Tammy
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-scribd
3.5 🌟 Both Geoff and Asher had plenty of insecurities going into a new relationship and their were times I wanted to throttle Geoff for his indecisiveness and Asher for his self doubt and worth. I listened to this on audio and both narrators Nick J. Russo and Michael Ferraiuolo did a fantastic job!!
Annika
Audiobook review

Can two wrongs make a right?

Well, no. But in this case two epically wrong relationships and a public break-up is the starting point for Ash and Geoff and their road to something better.

Geoff and his partner are called out on a disturbance at a restaurant where a couple braking up have turned violent. It’s not long until they realise that one; one of them is the famous hockey player Asher Crowe, and two; said player was trying to leave an abusive relationship. Knowing from expe
Daphne
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019-books
This was a miss for me. As others have said, it wasn’t so much as a hockey book as a relationship driven story which is fine, but most of the relationship evolution happened separately which is not satisfying to read. So with no notable hockey action and most of the relationship development happening through individual woolgathering, something was missing.

Have you ever tried to grab a thought, one you just knew would make everything make sense, but it’s just out of your reach, so you get more f
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
I won't rate this. I knew going in that I didn't really enjoy the story as much as I would have liked the first time I read it. I was hoping that narration by two of my favorite narrators would make a difference. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. Michael Ferrauiulo was flawless, but Nick J Russo had some really long pauses between his sentences that really started to annoy me. I don't know. This just didn't work for me this time.
Renée
Preachy and no penetrative sex
Karen
This is probably the first time that I've truly listened to an audio book because of who the narrtors were more so than the author...seriously, no offense intended towards Ms Witt but when I saw that the narrators on this one were Nick J. Russo & Michael Ferraiuolo I was hooked These narrators are absolutely two of my top 5 favorites, so getting one audiobook that allowed me to enjoy both narrators was almost as good as finding a baby dragon and damned near as combustible as well.

Also the story
Manfred
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Easily 4.5
Caz
I've given this an A for narration and a B+ for content, so that pushes this up into the 5 star bracket.

Rebound, book one in L.A. Witt’s Pucks & Rainbows series, pairs a twenty-something hockey star with a forty-something cop and ex-marine, both of whom have recently ended long-term relationships with abusive partners. Naturally, both men bring a lot of emotional baggage to the table, so maybe a no-strings rebound fling is what they both need, a simple distraction while they deal with all th
Donna
Feb 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
This should have been an absolute hit with me. I can't put my finger on why it wasn't. Both of these men had issues. Hell, their ISSUES had issues. That should have been the beginning of some really good hurt/comfort. And it was, but... I don't know. It just didn't work for me as well as I would have liked. It does have a very solid HEA. It was worth reading to get that. I just needed more... something. I don't know what. It still turned out to be an easy Sunday afternoon read. I'll count that a ...more
NeRdyWYRM
3.5 Stars

I'm a little torn on this one.

There were some laugh out loud moments, but too many tropes and too much angst for my usual tastes.

That being said, there were actual gameplay sequences, though not fully fleshed out, and I could really feel the connections and conflicts between the MCs.

I can also see potential in upcoming titles in the series. It has to be hard to start something new from ground zero; there is always a possibility that nothing new will ever measure up.

In this case I don't
Nic
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Slowly

This story was about two Mcs that were in abusive relationships. As he was in a physically and mentally abusive relationship while Geoff was in an emotionally abusive one. Both men are she'll shock from their experiences, but when they meet a friendship starts. The story does start rather slowly and the internal dialogue was pretty extensive. But while Geoff has the support of his family, As he has his hockey team.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• No Quick Fix (Torus Intercession #1)
  • Roughing (Portland Seabirds, #1)
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
  • Blindside Hit (Toronto Wolverines #1)
  • Power Plays & Straight A's (CU Hockey #1)
  • LOL: Laugh Out Loud (After Oscar #2)
  • Odd Man Rush: A Seattle Kingfishers Novella
  • Power Play (Denver Direwolves, #1)
  • Free Hand (Irons and Works, #1)
  • Sugar and Ice (Arizona Raptors, #4)
  • Change of Heart
  • Hard Knox (Havenwood #3)
  • Benoit (Owatonna U Hockey #3)
  • The Hate You Drink
  • Knight's Fire (Scales of Honor #1)
  • Keeping Cade (Crave Club, #1)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • Home Improvement
L.A. Witt and her husband have been exiled from Spain and sent to live in Maine because rhymes are fun. She now divides her time between writing, assuring people she is aware that Maine is cold, wondering where to put her next tattoo, and trying to reason with a surly Maine coon. Rumor has it her arch nemesis, Lauren Gallagher, is also somewhere in the wilds of New England, which is why L.A. is al ...more

Pucks & Rainbows (3 books)
  • Assist (Pucks & Rainbows, #2)
  • Shot on Goal (Pucks & Rainbows, #3)