Start by marking “How Much Is a Little Girl Worth?” as Want to Read:
How Much Is a Little Girl Worth?

How Much Is a Little Girl Worth?

You’re beautiful, worthy, and you should be loved
Because of all that you are.
Different from anything else in the world,
You are precious beyond the stars.

How Much is a Little Girl Worth? is Rachael Denhollander’s tender hearted anthem to little girls everywhere, teaching them that they have immeasurable worth because they are made in the image of God. Armed with this
Published September 10th 2019 by Tyndale Kids (first published September 2019)

Start your review of How Much Is a Little Girl Worth?
Calvinist Batman
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful kids book. As a father of two girls (and a boy), I've been wanting a book like this. Personally, I think it pairs well with the book God Made All of Me: A Book to Help Children Protect Their Bodies. The art is beautiful and my girls already love this book. I enjoyed how the books reflected girls of all types.

This book looks and feels like you're reading a lullaby, and a lullaby about the imago dei is one worth reading to children over and over again.

Side-note: I wish there was
Sharon Jeong
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Much like the children’s classic “Guess How Much I Love You?” this book is written to be enjoyed just as much by the parent as the child.

For the parent, I trust you’ll find the first half of the book to be a testimony of the love you have for your little girl and the lengths you will go and have gone to show them their worth.

Knowing Rachael’s story though, it also reads like a memoir of the very difficult and very public lengths she has taken to show the world how precious image-bearers are to
Suzannah
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I've had my eye on this book for a little while and just snagged it free on Kindle.

I think Christians have historically had a hard time reconciling self-sacrifice with what, for lack of a better word, I will call self-esteem; where reconciliation is sought at all, and self-sacrifice isn't seen as the ultimate ideal while self-esteem is equated with selfishness. This balance is a particularly difficult one to strike if you're a woman. But of course, as GK Chesterton was fond of remarking, the
Rose Elliott
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short, sweet, and beautiful. This poem is not just for little girls, but for big girls, grown women, little boys, big boys, and grown men. Simply put, it's for all of us. "How Much Is a Little Girl Worth?" moved me to tears. It's packed with important truths about who we are because of Who created us and Who died for us. This book is a must for any child's bookshelf, and really any adult's too.
Cynthia
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
A friend posted a link to this free ebook. I am very interested in DenHollander’s What’s a Girl Worth and despite not having a young child to read this children’s book to, I decided I wanted to see what the author did with it.

It’s a positive, empowering picture book for females and one that I would have loved to have read to my daughter when she was a little girl. A lot of us were not taught some of the things mentioned in the book and while some other stories have subtle messages that suggest
Colleen
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this story at BookCon . I think it is a story that all little girls will get a lot from ,actually maybe boys will learn something too .
Angela Hunt
Shelves: books-i-love
The children's book is for every girl and I truly believe for every woman. Its beautiful message is needed to be heard by us all.

My favorite quote from the book:
"No one has power to change what God’s done,
And He says you’re worth everything, even His Son.
Worth all the pain, worth great sacrifice,
Worth leaving heaven, worth giving His life"

The illustrations are beautiful and diverse. They'll make every little girl and big girl feel seen and included in this message.

Received book for review.
Amanda
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
This book has such an important message - little girls are worth so much, and not only to their parents but also to God. I loved this book. The message is simple enough for a small child to understand, but profound enough to bring tears to my eyes. It is also beautifully illustrated. It would make a wonderful gift for any little girl or parent of a daughter (not that boys couldn't also benefit from it, but it is written to girls).
Lois
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For me, the book is worth obtaining simply for the author's letter to readers. Be sure to not pass that by when reading it. Here is a partial quote: "There are many voices competing to tell our daughters what they are worth, and most of them would teach our girls to define their value by something outside of themselves. By what they can do or what they wear or how they look or who their friends are."

I was once part of an unhealthy abusive church. They had numerous rules for females. Forbidden to
Rebecca
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lovely, lyrical, poignant piece of poetry, declaring the intrinsic worth of every little girl!

"No one has the power to change what God's done,
And He ways you're worth everything, even His Son."
Sandy
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful and touching reminder of the value of each little girl (and woman).

From Rachael's letter to readers: "I believe one of the most important things we can do is stand against these voices that scream harmful messages into the ears of our little girls and instead whisper the truth to them over and over and over again."
Martha
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This totally beautiful book is one to buy, purchase and give to everyone you know. I think every grandparent, parent and other relative to buy it to give to their friends or family with children. It is about little girls, but it is also about little boys. What is the value of a child? The beautiful pictures, art and different looks of each child will help anyone relate to the story and poem that you are loved, cherished and valued. You are not valued for what you do, but who you are. This ...more
Danielle Russell
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rachael Denhollander is such an amazingly, well spoken young woman and has created a beautiful children's book that answers her infamous question from her victim impact statement during the Larry Nassar trial -- what is a little girl worth? The answer is everything. ...more
Jennifer Jessen
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a PRECIOUS book for little girls! It had me in tears. PLEASE read this to all of your little girls, and read it often. It is a beautiful reminder that your worth is grounded in God and that you are worth fighting for. Even we grown-up girls could stand to read this for ourselves. Thank you, Rachael!
Theron StJohn
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'How Much Is a Little Girl Worth?' by Rachael Denhollander is a book that needs to be read by every parent to their little girls. Little girls need to hear they are worth fighting for when they are wronged and cared for when they are abused. Across generations, little girls and women need to hear the message they have worth as those made in the image of God and redeemed by the blood of Christ. From the voice of Rachael Denhollander in this book, little girls will find their value in who they ...more
Brad Horner
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just read this beautiful poem. In just a few words, Rachael has spoken beauty and truth that are so necessary for every little girl, young lady and woman needs to hear. As I read these lines I was moved to tears knowing so many little girls have not heard these words spoken over them, they do not know their value in God's eyes and the redeeming power of his love. I cannot wait to read this book to my nieces and to my youth group. I will definitely be recommending as often as I can! Thank you ...more
Ottakee
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful picture book for girls...young and not so young. I was happy to see that girls of various body shapes and different races were all highlighted in this book. The author comes from a background of being a victim of sexual abuse but I also see this book as a valuable asset to those working with young girls coming from broken homes, in foster care, or struggling with special needs.
A great addition to my home library.

*I did receive an Advance Readers Copy in PDF format but the
MeganC
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet poem! I love the message this sends: to the children who need to hear that they are loved no matter what; to the adults who needed to hear this message as children and still need to hear they are valued now and always; to the parents who love their children so dearly. It is a timeless poem of unconditional love.

*I received a free review copy, but my thoughts/opinions are my own.
Eric
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This little book will be one I turn to again and again to read to little girls of friends and (hopefully) granddaughters. I can think of few messages as important than to repeat over and over that you are loved and you are valued just as you are.
Angela Michelle
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful book for young girls! Our culture desperately needs us to raise our daughters with the idea that they are valuable and loved regardless of any accomplishments in their lives. The illustrations really draw you in, and the message is excellent.
Kim Cosgrove
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great message for all humans to hear, but as a woman, I found it really touched a deep place. I haven't suffered abuse, and I have generally had very little messaging that I don't have worth. Yet, still, I found myself tearing up at the message. I believe there is deep within women this tendency to doubt our worth and value. I'm not sure men have that same tendency...maybe... but even if I'm wrong about women doubting their value, there can be no dispute that our culture bombards girls ...more
Ryan Reveley
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a great story to read not only to little girls, but to boys as well. Little girls need to know how much they are worth and boys need to know it too. They are both created in God’s image and are worth so much.
Darby A.
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This sweetly illustrated children's book poetically proclaims a profound truth that bears repeating for both readers, young and old. We are precious because we are His. Implanting this message in young hearts will serve them well for years to come. Rachel writes creatively and engagingly, so you will delight in reading it again and again to your little ones.

I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher.
Ashley Marti
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book is everything I’ve been looking for! To teach not only our girls, but our boys as well, how much they’re worth. I love how she ties in that the little girl’s worth comes from God. And that, no matter what happens to her during the day, it will never change her worth. Not only is the message wonderfully well written, the illustrations that go with it are beautiful as well!

I cannot wait to get my hands on more copies. This will be my go-to add on gift for baby showers as well!
Marisa
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book for my daughters second birthday and I can’t wait to read this to her as she grows up. It’s wonderful and the illustrations are beautiful
Sam Cavanaugh
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so thoughtfully written and, most importantly, founded on the unchangeable truth that every little girl is made in the Image of God. I am excited to read this to both my son and my daughters. Rachel's writing is a treasure, and she is not shy in sharing the Gospel with the reader. The illustrations are beautiful, and I greatly appreciate the diversity represented.
Nick
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The message of this book is great and the illustrations are beautiful. Some of the rhyme scheme was a little clunky points, but overall really well done.
Ruth
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Precious book with a needed message accompanied by lush illustrations.
Abby
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful and full of truth! This book reminds girls that their worth is found in God, who created them and treasures them. So many books similar to this miss the point of being created and loved by God, but Rachel beautifully reminds all of us that nothing, nothing at all changes our value. Not our mistakes or sin, and not things that are done against us. I’ll definitely be buying this for my daughters and many others!
Alison Koch
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely beautiful book full of truth that every girl young and old needs to hear. As a preschool teacher I love finding positive uplifting books for my girls to ready that will share how valuable and important they are.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Viva Durant and The Secret of the Silver Buttons
  • Healing Together: A Guide to Supporting Sexual Abuse Survivors
  • We Too: How the Church Can Respond Redemptively to the Sexual Abuse Crisis
  • Beyond Authority and Submission: Women and Men in Marriage, Church, and Society
  • She Prays: A 31-Day Journey to Confident Conversations with God
  • Miracles and Other Reasonable Things: A Story of Unlearning and Relearning God
  • The Lemonade Life: How to Fuel Success, Create Happiness, and Conquer Anything
  • Be the Bridge: Pursuing God's Heart for Racial Reconciliation
  • The Preacher’s Wife: The Precarious Power of Evangelical Women Celebrities
  • How Happiness Happens: Finding Lasting Joy in a World of Comparison, Disappointment, and Unmet Expectations
  • Dyno Dinosaur Family Christmas Adventures
  • Not Forsaken: A Story of Life After Abuse
  • A Language of Healing for a Polarized Nation: Creating safe environments for conversations about race, politics, sexuality, and religion
  • The Grumble-Free Year: Twelve Months, Eleven Family Members, and One Impossible Goal
  • Something Needs to Change: A Call to Make Your Life Count in a World of Urgent Need
  • Rise of the Truth Teller: Own Your Story, Tell It Like It Is, and Live with Holy Gumption
  • The Joy of Missing Out: Live More by Doing Less
  • The Moon Is Always Round
Rachael Denhollander is an attorney, advocate, and educator who became known internationally as the first woman to file a police report and speak publicly against USA Gymnastics team doctor Larry Nassar, one of the most prolific sexual abusers in recorded history. As a result of her activism, over 250 women came forward as survivors of Nassar’s abuse, leading to his life imprisonment. ...more