Start by marking “The Ghost Hunter Next Door (Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Ghost Hunter Next Door (Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mystery, #1)

The Ghost Hunter Next Door

(Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mystery #1)

The first rule of being a ghost whisperer: Don’t tell anyone.

Seriously. Don’t.

Sure, it might sound harmless. A fun party trick, even. I assure you, it’s not.

How do I know? Well, let’s just say that I’ve had a lot of experience with this sort of thing, and nine times out of ten, it turns into an all-consuming disaster.

Being plagued by needy ghosts twenty-four/seven is one t
Audiobook
Expected publication: March 26th 2019 (first published July 30th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Ghost Hunter Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ghost Hunter Next Door

Sandee
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful bunch of characters in this story, both the live ones and the ghosts. This is an interesting mix of romance, ghosts and mystery. The book is well-written, the characters are engaging and while the ghosts are not scary they are fun. I especially liked the cat. I am looking forward to reading more from this series.
Sophia
Several trusted book pals have been enjoying the Beechwood Harbor Magic series and I do plan to read/listen to those at some point, but I caught sight of this first book in the spinoff series and the idea of a ghost whipering florist who helps solve ghost-related troubles caught my eye. Both series share the fabulous Amanda Ranconi as the narrator so I decided to give this one a go.

Scarlet acquired the ability to see and talk to ghosts as well as help them resolve their issues at a young age. He
Barbara Hackel
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read and enjoyed all the Beechwood Harbor books that Danielle Garrett has written. I was delighted to find this new book~sort of a spin-off~about a ghost whisperer in the same town. A slight cross over of characters made it all seem very real to me!

The main character in this book is Scarlet and she owns a flower shop. Unfortunately she sees ghosts all the time, and they have infiltrated into her life, not always peacefully. When a TV production company buys a property to renovate and turn
Eating Between
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found Scarlet to be smart, funny and a bit stubborn and I love her! I really loved the television series Ghost Whisperer and this book really reminds me of it in the best way possible- We have Scarlet (who at first fights her gift) who owns a flower shop in a small town. She is forced to help a rage filled ghost but along the way she enjoys helping the ghost.

The author creates such a charming small town feel while keeping the reader engaged and interested. I really enjoyed my trip back to Beec
JOHN C
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hysterical characters in this new book

Beechwood Harbor series has a new paranormal-a ghost whisperer named Scarlet Sanderson, who comes with 2 ghosts, an English gentleman named Hayward Kensington III and Flapjack, a snarky cat. All this along with Gwen, another ghost and the ghost support group Scarlet has in her Florist Shop, Lily Pond Florist.
In mid meeting one day, a horrid ghost breaks into the shop and starts raising hell and throwing around threats to a TV crew doing a makeover in her ol
Jan
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not a ghost HUNTER, but ghost HUNTED. Because she has had the ability to interact with ghosts since childhood, they seek her out for help and a few follow her around from place to place driving her nutty. She spent most of her life on the move all around the US and Europe, but now she has the opportunity to open a floral shop thanks to a bequest from a relative. Would have been delightful but for a very angry ghost determined to stop the renovations at the house where she was murdered! A very go ...more
Linda Cole
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining

Enjoyed every word of this story. Waiting for next in series. A good way to past time and get into ghosts
Relina Skye
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Danielle Garrett's "The Ghost Hunter Next Door: A Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mystery" (Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mysteries Book 1) is an urban fantasy with paranormal ties. Scarlett just want's to keep a low profile while she adjusts to her new life in Beechwood Harbor. Through her twenties, she became a world traveler who saw a lot, but at the same time, she was running away from the ghosts that wanted to take advantage of her gift. Her solution to over demanding ghosts is to hold a weekly support gro ...more
Gail Daley
A Better Cozy Mystery Than A Ghost Story

This isn't a bad little cozy. Despite the name, If you are expecting a 30 foot Pillsbury Doughboy, you won't get it. This is not Bill Murrays Ghostbusters. However, it's got a nice entertaining romance, a sweet heroine, and the bad guy ghost who turns out to be not so bad. (She was really a murder victim and is understandably irked at the world). The heroine solves her murder mystery and the Ghost goes to a ghostly happily ever after.
We don’t get a real re
Krystyna
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keeping office hours with ghosts can be difficult.

Terrific plot that will keep you riveted and with a surprising revelation at the end. Being the local ghost whisperer has it's downfalls especially when an angry ghost (bent on destruction ) blows into your place of business. Is it the ghost right in that she was murdered or were all the reports that listed it as an accident correct. Can she dig through the old news and come up with the truth or will the ghost go on a seek and destroy mission. Te
Dharia Scarab
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle

4 sta
Diana Blick
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent spinoff

This spinoff from the original series is full of potential and though only Holly appears briefly, the town of Beechwood Harbor makes a great background for this new series. The resident ghost whisperer was a very good choice for the new star of the series. A supporting cast of ghosts and a touch of romance complete the attractions of this series, and a great murder mystery ensues when a serious ghost problem bursts onto the scene. This book easily stands alone if you haven't rea
Karlene Browning
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't like intense and scary ghost stories, but this book was recommended by a friend who knows that and thought I would like it. I did. I like cozy mysteries and I like paranormal—this was a fun mix of the two. A good afternoon read.

The characters weren't quite as developed as I'd like. I actually liked the talking cat better than anyone else. The main character seemed to dwell on things a little too much. I'd have liked to see more action. But overall, it wasn't bad.

The mystery to solve inv
Vivian
Aug 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun, new Beechwood Harbor spinoff from the author's Magic Mystery series with Holly and her gang. Scarlet is a ghost "assistant" if you will - she helps those who seek her resolve their issues so they can "cross over". It's been easy peasy until this ghost, Rosie - unstable, violent - who claims her fiance killed her and won't move on. Scarlet investigates Rosie's cold case with the help of her resident ghost gang and potential love interest (?) Lucas. I predict this series will be a popular o ...more
Cheri Schaefer
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great ghostly mystery!

Really enjoyed this ghostly mystery. Characters are very
entertaining. Enjoyed the interactions between the ghosts
and humans in the story line. Would have liked to have more
of the ghost cat. All in all will be reading more of this series as
each new addition comes out. Another series I recommend for
those who truly enjoy an entertaining ghostly mystery series.
Susan Clark
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Believable, Exciting, Breathtaking!

Wow, I REALLY ENJOYED this book and shamefacedly admit i cannot wait for the next book in the series. How glad i am that there IS a series! I think all readers who are willing to suspend their disbelief long enough to dive into the most fun parts of their imaginations will relish the perfect balancing act the author accomplished between fun(ny) and serious. BRAVO! ENCORE! Thank you
Arlene
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I really liked this book. Scarlet is a ghost whisperer. She has seen ghosts since she was a little girl, but never one so strong and angry as this one. She must solve the e ghost's 20-year-old murder to stop her from creating havoc and harming people. Loved the book. Lots of action, great characters, (and ghosts) .
Bob
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good book

I would have given this book 5 stars if Danielle Garrett keep her facts straight through the story. At one point she has the shop closed on Sundays and Mondays, later she in a hurry to open up on Monday morning. Besides things like that, the story is written so that it is hard to put down.
Bette
Oct 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Scarlet Sanderson is a ghost whisperer. She sees and talks to ghosts, but she doesn’t tell people (or ghosts). Otherwise she would be mobbed by ghosts who want her to help them or worse, by the living who want to talk to those who are dead.
Fantasy, paranormal with a romance for both the living and the dead. Good beach book!
Neva Saunders
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the way the story weaved in and out of mystery and mayhem. I am going to start on the next book soon.

Sorry! I guess I didn't follow the instructions, but I do want to read more about the ghost whisperer. I also want to read the novella. I like to see how things work from the start. Good read!!
Joan
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Here a ghost, there a ghost....

The story line was great. Funny, sad , quirky. The characters were well thought out. I felt comfortable with them. The ghost mystery and the solution will keep you wondering. The little bit of romance was a nice touch. Not overdone, you just were aware of it and how it fit into the overall story. I think ill read the whole series.
Jana Gundy
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun and entertaining

I truly enjoyed this book. The author really makes the characters leap right off the pages. Scarlet is a feisty, sassy woman who happens to see and interact with ghosts. She has a few ghost regulars, two who live with her and they steal the show, honestly. Even the ghost cat, Flapjack, is a hoot!
Rene Averett
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining and charming cozy mystery

In this introductory novel to Scarlett, a ghost whisper, Danielle Garrett fills the pages with amusing characters, both human and spirit. Told from Scarlett's view, the story moves quickly and surely through a possible cold case that only someone who can communicate with ghosts could possibly solve. It will keep you guessing.
Susan Landowski
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ghosts and Mystery

First time I read a B Beechwood Harbor book and loved it. Read this in one sitting as couldn't put it down. Can't wait to read next book in this series and others based in the town. Read this book, you will not be disappointed.
Yvonne Meyer
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story

This is a good story that combines love, mystery, and paranormal friendships. I would definitely read more if this author's books. Communicating with the spirits of people who have passed is a challenging job at times!
Helen
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun quick romp in ghostly drama

A fast moving introductory story of the new medium in a town that also hides other supernaturals. A ghostly rage in need of revenge is explored by a motley crew of human and spirits. Made me smile!
Judy A. Ptacek
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read

Do yourself a favor and read The Ghost Hunter Next Door. I enjoyed the ghosts, the mystery and suspense. I am definitely going to be reading other books by Danielle Garrett. I look forward to reading the next Beachwood Harbor Ghost book.
Barbara Staffo
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Must Read Series

Danielle Garrett is very new to me. This is the very first book of Danielle that I have read. It is wonderful. It's one of those books that has everything. I can't wait to read all of her books. Thank you.
Suzi
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting new-to-me series

A good read, needs a bit more proof reading, but I am ordering the next book in this series immediately. Thank you Ms Garrett for a couple of days' entertainment!
Michelle Coke
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read

I loved the characters enough to give this book 5 stars. Would love to see the ghost whisperer come out of her shell as the storyline develops and allow herself forge a relationship with Lucas. They make a great team.
  • Auld Lang Syne : A MARY O’REILLY SERIES SHORT STORY
  • The Middle House: Return to Cold Creek Hollow
  • A Witchy Mystery (Harper Grant Mystery #2)
  • Grave Holiday (A Maddie Graves Mystery #9)
  • The Tower (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #9)
  • Lilac Skully and the Haunted House
  • Where Witches Lie (Witch Squad Mystery #6)
  • A Witch Before Dying (Wicked Witches of the Midwest #11)
  • Fading Frost (Crystal Frost, #4)
  • What the Cat Dragged In (The Celtic Witch Mysteries #1)
  • Witch Chocolate Fudge (Bewitched by Chocolate #2)
  • Hexes and Exes (Lainswich Witches #2)
  • All The World's An Undead Stage (Offbeat Crimes, #6)

Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mystery (3 books)
  • Ghosts Gone Wild (Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mystery, #2)
  • When Good Ghosts Get the Blues (Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mystery, #3)