Start by marking “The Haunting of Alice May” as Want to Read:
The Haunting of Alice May

The Haunting of Alice May

Alice May Parker moves with her family to the sleepy town of Pacific Grove after her Mom dies, but little does she know the strange and terrifying events to come. When she falls into the bay during a kayaking trip, she is rescued from drowning by the mysterious Henry Raphael. Handsome, old fashioned and cordial, he is unlike any other boy she has known before. Intelligent ...more

Start your review of The Haunting of Alice May
Kari Davis
The Haunting of Alice May is by author Tony Lee Moral. This is the beginning of a new series The Ghost Maven series. This book centers around Alice May Parker and her new life in Pacific Grove.

Alice recently lost her mother and her father has uprooted his family from Chicago to the quaint little town of Pacific Grove. Alice is still struggling with the loss of her mother as she tries to settle in to the new town, new school and new friends.

We start the story off with Alice on a kayaking trip
Kathy
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: already-read
Sometimes when we are lonely, maybe even feel like a misfit, we begin to create things in our mind. Is there actually any kind of dimension people who die are in? Is there a place they stay before they cross over, so to speak? Was Henry in one of these places? Alice wondered where her mother was. Was she dreaming all of this? She isn’t really sure. When she lost her mother and moved to another town with her biologist father and her younger sister, she didn’t think it would be quite so hard. It’s ...more
Chris Bailey
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is not normally one that I would choose to read, but this past year or so I have been trying different genre's so that I am seeing what else is out there. I have to say I really enjoyed this book, the story was original and nothing I have really seen before, either in book form or on TV/films.

Is this a love story? Yes it is, but it's not a soppy romantic book. It's about a teenage girl dealing with a lot a sad and stressful troubles in her life that a girl of that age should not have
Georgia Rose
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
It’s not giving anything away to say that Alice May gets saved one day while out on a kayak by Henry. They soon become romantically involved which would be fine were it not for the fact that Henry died 100 years ago and is living in some sort of purgatory. And he’s not the only one ‘living’ this way.

I enjoyed the setting with the descriptions of Alice’s life in the town of Pacific Grove where she lives with her dad and sister after her mum died. I also liked her friends Christian and Emily.

The
Jenny Lambert
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
As you start this novel, you follow Alice, a seventeen year old girl who is tormented by her mother’s sudden death. Her father decided to relocate her and her little sister to a small town on the coast called Pacific Grove. While trying to adapt to her new home, Alice makes a few new friends, but is battling her fear of water.

You watch as Alice grows stronger and out of her shell after she meets Henry, a young man who is a bit out of the ordinary. While starting a relationship with the young man
P.S. Winn
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by this author and I have to say I was impressed by the reader friendly writing style and the way the author blends the past and present in a haunting tale. Beginning with Alice May being rescued from near drowning, the tale takes readers into a paranormal adventure that will have them turning the pages and falling into this story.
Aleesha Hansen
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!!

The story line is amazing. I was on the edge of my seat through the whole book as it kept my attention unlike any other book. I think this book is directed more towards young adults but anyone who is interested in a different kind of love story
Mickey Noel
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book!

Well written ghost story, suspenseful and cleverly developed. Appropriate for most age groups, but probably geared towards YA. I'm looking forward to reading more of the series.
Steph Warren
Sep 01, 2019 rated it liked it
*I received a free copy of this book, with thanks to the author. The decision to review and my opinions are my own.*

The Haunting of Alice May is a ghostly romance for teens and young adult readers. I was reminded very much of the Point Horror books of my own youth, but updated with a Twilight-style romance element – forbidden love between the living and undead.

Here we follow Alice, who has moved with her father and sister to a new town after the death of her mother, as she struggles with her
Judith
May 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
I love Gothic ghost stories, so a title like The Haunting of Alice May caught my attention immediately. I also thought the setting of the book, in Pacific Grove, a place which entraps spirits in a kind of purgatory, was interesting.

Although, I wish there had been more detail about the destiny of Alice to become a “ghost maven”. Despite finishing the book, I couldn’t fully explain to you what this means; I think a “ghost maven” is destined to hunt ghosts or release their spirits, but I’m not
Shelley Wilson
May 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Following the death of her mother, Alice moves to a coastal town with her younger sister and father. Her story begins in the water as Alice is kayaking with newly acquired friends. As the fog rolls in it set the scene for the mysteries ahead. Before the end of chapter one, our heroine is swept into the tumbling waves and saved by a stranger who kisses her without invitation.

As the story unfolds, we are introduced to Henry, the young man who saved Alice from drowning. I struggled to connect with
Jennifer Lafferty
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Haunting of Alice May is a very suspenseful tale that initially appears to be a charmingly romantic ghost story but turns out to be much more. Encompassing several genres such as mystery, YA , fantasy and paranormal. The likable central character, high school girl Alice Parker, is as strong and she is vulnerable and very easy for readers to relate to. Not only does she confront her fear of water throughout the book but bravely puts herself in danger over and over for newfound love and to ...more
Lou
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Haunting of Alice May is centered around Alice May Parker. Alice and her family lived in Chicago until the death of her mother. After her mother’s death, Alice’s father decides to move to the small and quaint town of Pacific Grove. On top of trying to come to terms with the death of her mother, Alice now has to try and settle into a new place, a new school and make new friends.
In a bid to fit in and mix with these people, she joins a kayaking trip. Sounds like a great idea right? It would be
Debra A. Foster
rated it did not like it
Apr 27, 2019
Jun 13, 2019
Glen and Alice White
Sep 10, 2019
Tony Moral
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Vibhor Mathur
Karen Landon
Mar 17, 2019
Amber Battles
Mar 24, 2019

• The Girl From Paradise Hill (A McClintock-Carter Crime Thriller #1)
  • Southern Bound (Max Porter, #1)
  • The Haunting of The Briar Rose (A Riveting Haunted House Mystery Series Book 16)
  • Moonshine & Murder (Moonshine Hollow #1)
  • The Secrets of Hawthorne House
  • The Other Boy
  • (un)DEAD (Detective Saussure Mysteries #1)
  • Blackthorne Forest: Book 1
  • The Room Upstairs: A Supernatural Horror Novel
  • Fair Weather
  • A Brush with Death (Art of the Dead Book 1)
  • The Perfect Wife (Jessie Hunt #1)
  • Billy Whistler
  • Short Horror Stories Vol. 8
  • The Curse of Easton Place (The Shapleigh Hollow Series Book 2)
  • The Exorcism of Easton Place (The Shapleigh Hollow Series Book 3)
  • The Haunting of Easton Place (The Shapleigh Hollow Series Book 1)
  • Ghost of a Chance (Maggie Mulgrew Mysteries #1)
Tony Lee Moral is an author specialising in mystery and suspense. He has written three books on the Master of Suspense, Alfred Hitchcock: Alfred Hitchcock's Movie Making Masterclass (2013) published by MWP books; The Making of Hitchcock's The Birds (2013) published by Kamera Books and Hitchcock and the Making of Marnie (2005) published by Scarecrow Press. Tony was born in Hastings, England in ...more