Start by marking “Ms Baker (Eastern Shore, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ms Baker (Eastern Shore, #2)

Ms Baker

(All I Want #2)

She's done being friends

He’s the hot protective firefighter – and my friend
He came home to save his dad’s business

But my boss has it out for him
And I need this job

I can’t help but notice he’s filled out since high school
and I can't resist his boyish grin

I don’t want to be his friend anymore

But his job is temporary and
Everyone always leaves

All I want is for him be with me
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 310 pages
Published March 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Ms Baker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ms Baker

Start your review of Ms Baker (Eastern Shore, #2)
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I have been anxiously awaiting the release of this book since I read Ms. Lawyer last year. This sequel did not disappoint! It was absolutely everything I hoped it would be!

Samantha is the local baker but wants more. She doesn't want to continue working for someone who doesn't respect her. Her drive to start her own business is admirable. Samantha is sweet, kind-hearted, and eventually learns to stand up for herself even though Jack is always there to stand up for her.

Jack is a volunteer
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
"Jack and Samantha have been friends since school when he used to protect her from bullies. Now Jack is back in town and Samantha’s feelings are definitely more than friendship. But how does Jack feel?

This is the first book I have read by Lea Coll and it was the second book in the series. It was a sweet story filled with suspense, mystery and vulnerability. Both had grown up with families that weren’t the most loving and both had trust issues they had to overcome.

I can’t wait to go back and
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
A ridiculously fun, sexy and sweet romance with so many feels and an engaging story. I really liked these characters. A lot. They touched my heart and watching the heat bloom between them made my heart sing. The story is entertaining and sweet. A treat for the senses!
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

New author. New book. New year. New chance. Lea Coll has a first time reader in me with this series and her and y'all... color me impressed with this book. Definitely a standalone yet super curious about book one, Ms. Lawyer! But anyways back to this book... Ms. Baker was quite the sweet and sexy friends-to-lovers, small town romance y'all, that kept me interested, all in my feels, and glued to the pages until the very last word.

A connection from high school is about to heat up in the
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
This is book 2 of the Eastern Shore Series and I loved this even more than book 1. This series can be read as a stand alone, but honestly, I think you need to read book 1 before reading book 2. It really is worth the time. The support characters in book 2 are the same as the characters in book 1. I can not wait to read more of this series.

This is written as a 3rd person, single pov. Like in book 1, I would have loved to have seen this as a multi pov, but still it was really good.

Strong story
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
-Sara, 4 stars

I loved how the author made it so easy to picture what I was reading. I love a friend to lovers read and Sam and Jack are the perfect story! Their best friend type relationship turned couple had me fist pumping the air.
Mar 23, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 7%

I usually try to get to at least 10% before I decide not to finish a title.

Unfortunately, there was no way I was going to get that far into this one.

Reading it, unfortunately, is tough. The chapters and scenes jump quickly. The dialog is choppy with no flow to it and doesn't sound like a conversation between people.

By 7% in we've met the hero, the heroine, her awful boss, discovered her desire to be more than friends. We've discovered his father runs a marina that was robbed and
Carol
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Samantha was the baker at a bakery that was now being run by the owner's son. He was very much a jerk. She had been friends with Jack forever but they had never dated. Things progressed a little slow but they finally admitted their feelings for each other.. Justin (the boss's son) was up to hijinks - it was just hard to catch him. This story had good characters that I really enoyed reading about. I hope there are more books in the series

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am
Stephannie Tolitsky- Swoonworthybooks/EnticingJourney
Stephannie's 4 Star Review:

Samantha has worked in the same local bakery forever. She thought the owner would put her in charge when she retired but instead put her son in charge. She doesn't like him very much especially since he was the guy who bullied her back in high school back. He isn't always nice to her and makes her uncomfortable. She wants to start her own business baking maybe even teaching kids to bake by having baking classes. Samantha is a very sweet, kind-hearted, and a girl who
Brianne Maffett
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Jack is a volunteer
Amalie_reads
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this sweet, cute, friends to lovers small town romance.

This was my first Lea Coll book and won’t be my last. Book 2 in the Eastern Shore Series. This can easily be read as a stand alone but I look forward to reading the first book in this series.

Samantha is a baker in the local bakery. The owner’s son Justin with whom Samantha has a history with takes over and makes things uncomfortable for her working there. Jack is the sexy firefighter who she has been friends with for years
Renee Entress
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, secrets, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Ms. Lawyer (Eastern Shore Series #1) by Lea Coll

This is Samantha, and Jack’s story. Jack protected Samantha in high school from a bully and ever since then they have been friends. Samantha wants more then friendship from Jack. But she is out to prove that she is all grown up and can take care of herself. She is going to prove she is
Ga Books LoverX
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a light-hearted read that had some suspense and steam included in it!

Samantha has been considered a pushover for most of her life. All she has ever wanted was her parent's approval and to bake. She thought she finally knew where she was in her life when she was taking more responsibility in the local bakery. Until the owners son (Justin) steps in, the same son that used to bully Samantha back in HS and still even more now. She also has a huge crush on Jack, the guy she sees as a
Hayley
Mar 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Kari Hansen
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Samantha did not have the easiest childhood, but her one escape was baking. She has worked at the bakery since she was 16 and she thought that when the owner retired that she would be able to take it over. Fate had other plans when Justin the owner’s son decided to take it over and they do not have a happy past.

Jack and Sam have been friends for years and he has always wanted to protect her. He is helping his father out at the marina and is a volunteer firefighter.

The feelings that Sam and Jack
Sharrice
Samantha has had a rough go of it since primary school. Her parents were either neglectful or overbearing and at school, she was bullied. Working at the bakery she still works for was her only escape in high school and the reason her parents no longer supported her immediately after high school.

Now Samantha is working for the guy who tortured her in high school. When her crush, Jack, finally begins to show interest but is nervous due to Samantha's past relationship issues, Samantha decides she
Karan Eleni
Shelves: read-2019
Fun, light, small town romance!

Having lived in small towns most of my life, I'm a big fan of small town romances, so when I saw this one available on BookSprout from an author I hadn't heard of yet, I jumped on it. Cute romance, little bit chick lit, little bit mystery, and lots of baking! Right up my small-town alley!! Totally made me wish I was part of their group of friends!

Two reasons for four stars as opposed to five... There are a few steamy scenes, which aren't terrible, they just threw
Natalie Johnson
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I can’t wait to go back and read
Stephanie Smith
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a sweet romance that also had suspense and intrigue. A sweet shy baker and her long time friend and crush are thrown back together when he comes home to help out his father. The story has an intricate suspense plot and yet is also a light-hearted romance. It has interesting characters and whilst this is the second book in the series and can be read standalone; knowing the other characters will make you want to read book one too.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced copy of this book.
Sheila
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Samantha and Jack have been friends ever since he protected her from bullies at school but now they are grown up Jack is a firefighter and Sam works at a bakery. She is really attracted to Jack but he only sees her as a friend but she hopes she can change that. There is also some twists going on at the bakery which adds to the story but all in all this is a sweet romance. Loved Sam and Jack's characters and how things developed with them.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am
Victoria
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book two continues after the events in book one and it's nice to see Emma and Luke still in love! Sam and Jack's relationship is a friends to lovers one and was sweet to watch unfold. They both are proof that our pasts and family shape us, whether that be good or bad. I enjoyed this book, I liked the characters, it had a bit of romance, friendship, love, angst, self doubt, crime and learning to be who you wanted to be and being brave enough to go for what you want.

I received a free copy of this
Gladys
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this romance. Part sweet, part cute and all fun, this book was very enjoyable. I liked the chemistry between Samantha and Jack. This friends-to-lovers story offered plenty of push-pull as Sam works overtime to get to Jack to see her as more than someone that needs to be rescued. This is my independent, voluntary review.
Elvira
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a really sweet read with a little mystery thrown in. The characters are well developed and engaging and the plot was easy to follow. I would also consider this to be a second chance romance for Jack and Sam.

Jeanne Richardson
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 2nd book I've read written Lea Coll; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I will definitely be reading more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Sassy Beta Reading & Review
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Strong story
Sherry
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read!

Sam and Jack were friends since high school. Sam was hesitant to be in any relationship because she feared being abandoned after she gave her heart. Her mother wasn’t a great influence and the owner of the bakery she worked at left her crazy son Justin in charge when she decided to take some time off. Jack was always there to step in and help her when she needed it. They crossed the line from friends to something more and Sam became worried Jack would leave town and her behind
Messy Bun Book Blog
I really enjoyed this one! Ms. Baker is cute, sweet, fun and witty. The characters were likable and the plot flowed. This was a fun and easy read. I would suggest reading Ms. Lawyer before this one just so you can enjoy it to it's fullest.
Cherie Melbourne
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Me Baker

I must admit, Lea Coll's stories are sucking me right in, she keeps me wanting to read more. I'm really enjoying the characters in this series and their stories. Lea's a new author and she has me already looking forward to her next story.
Rebecca
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was intensely lovely. It was a wonderful journey this couple went on. I voluntarily read and reviewed this book in exchange for a free copy.
Candice
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sam and Jack have known each other their whole lives. Jack is always there for Sam when she needs him. She is wanting him to see her as an adult not someone who needs rescued.

« previous 1 3 next »

• The Bars Between Us
  • Her Dominant SEAL (Midnight Delta, #6)
  • Sir Loin of Beef (Grade-A Beefcakes #1)
  • My Boss's Sister (Make Her Mine)
  • Belle's Secret (Outback Brides Book 2)
  • Kiss Me Again (Kiss Me, #3)
  • Southern Heartbreaker (Charleston Heat, #4)
  • Just Neighbors (Blue Beech, #4)
  • Kiss Me Tonight (Kiss Me, #2)
  • Kissing My Best Friend (Small Town Protectors, #6)
  • Just Another Chance (Brother's Best Friend, #2)
  • Kiss Me Not (Kiss Me, #1)
  • The Roommate Agreement
  • Fractured (Southern Alphas, #2)
  • Second Chances Forever Box Set (Second Chances Forever #1-4)
  • The Nerd Next Door
  • Defending Dani (Alaska Blizzard, #1)
  • Break the Rules (Loveless Brothers #3)
Lea Coll worked as a trial attorney for over ten years. Now she stays home with her three children, plotting stories while fetching snacks and running them back and forth to activities. She enjoys the freedom of writing romance after years of legal writing.

She currently resides in Maryland with her family.

For new releases, sneak peaks, and updates check out my website and sign up for my

All I Want (4 books)
  • Choose Me (All I Want, #1)
  • Burn for Me (All I Want, #3)
  • Trust in Me (All I Want, #4)