Start by marking “Limerick Comics” as Want to Read:
Limerick Comics

Limerick Comics

Limerick Comics offers original limericks on a wide range of history and science topics, each with an informational panel of surprising facts, presented in entertaining comics. Young readers age 8 and up are invited to linger on each page to enjoy the humor, ponder inferences, and view the evocative details of each illustrated panel.
Published March 2nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Limerick Comics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Limerick Comics

Start your review of Limerick Comics
Sadie Forsythe
Cute little book of limericks, accompanied by a paragraph of facts. I actually learned a thing or two, which was fun and unexpected. I think that if I could get my 3rd grader to actually sit down with it, she'd enjoy it a lot.
Beth
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! Author Robert Hoyman along with talented illustrator Steve Feldman have created an amazingly wonderful book for children ages 8-12. This way past 12 year old probably enjoyed it just as much as any child would.

Limericks are fun and it is a brilliant teaching idea to use limericks to pass on some information in a fun form. I remember my mom teaching limericks to her 3rd graders and always enjoyed some of the creative ideas that came out of those classes. Coupled with
LitPick Book Reviews
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Robert Hoyman’s Limerick Comics is filled with limericks written by the author about various aspects of science and social studies. A few about healthy eating, the importance of not smoking, and safe food handling are great reminders of the lessons adults always want kids to learn, but most of the limericks focus on interesting facts about numerous topics such as remora fish, steeplejacks/ironworkers, or Portland cement that many kids probably don’t know about on their own. Throughout the book, ...more
Tynea Lewis
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Limerick Comics is a book with limericks (a certain type of poem) illustrated in comic style that includes fun pictures. Not only is this book full of funny limericks, but it also has interesting pieces of information relating to each limerick! It's easy-to-read style makes it fun for any age!

This book creates a unique way to enjoy limericks. One of my favorites is about the novel The Wreck of the Titan. It tells about the ship named the Titan and how similar it was to the wreck of the Titani
Jessica Bronder
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful collection of twenty-nine limericks. Each limerick was a wonderful illustration and a section of notes to further explain the history and science behind the limericks. You will learn about jesters, ants, and the Titan and Titanic. Although I think my favorite was a canine ballet. There is also a little glossary of term in the back of the book for additional information.

I really enjoyed this book. It’s a fun way to teach children limericks and has some wonderful illustrations
Stephanie Tournas
Completely random limericks on different subjects are illustrated by five-panel comics (one panel per line of a limerick.) Limericks and a corresponding paragraph explaining the subject of the poem fill each page. Slugs, medieval jesters, trapeze artists, remora fish and roller coasters are a few of the unrelated limerick topics. Digital art aims to make the reader laugh. There’s a glossary at the end.

The sameness of each page’s design is tiring; the production values of the illustrations are u
Pat
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it

I received a free copy of "Limerick Comics" by Robert Hoyman through the "Good Reads First Reads Giveaway."

My 8 year old grand daughter was drawn to this book and found it funny. This is what the book is made for, the children's audience, and it succeeds. The limericks are unique and original but most important for the adults, is a paragraph of facts about interesting topics.

I would recommend this book to any parent who wants to entertain and educate their child.
Darian
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
The comics were fun and very educational. I'm excited to continue reading this with my son as he gets older and understands more. It has topics ranging from insects, fish, to Egypt, the titanic and more.
Loraine Hunziker

• Displacement
  • The Inkberg Enigma
  • Dark Was the Night: Blind Willie Johnson's Journey to the Stars
  • Emergency Monster Squad
  • Allergic to Girls, School, and Other Scary Things (Alvin Ho, #1)
  • The Tiny Mansion
  • The Ghosts Went Floating
  • Not an Alphabet Book: The Case of the Missing Cake
  • Greenlights
  • Home
  • Shirley Chisholm is a Verb!
  • The Strange Birds of Flannery O'Connor
  • Shiner
  • Under the Southern Sky
Robert Hoyman is a graduate of the University of South Florida in Tampa. His journey as a classroom teacher spanned 41 years teaching in private and public schools in Florida, California, and Virginia. Limerick Comics is his debut book. He is a member of SCBWI.

In addition to his full time teaching duties, Robert worked part time for 20 years. He coached after school athletics, rendered counseling