Start by marking “Prisoncorp” as Want to Read:
Prisoncorp

Prisoncorp

(Orphancorp #3)

Mirii has been caught — along with the friends who were helping her find her partner, Vu.

Being in prison is just like her revisiting her childhood in Orphancorp — only worse. Under the beating heat of a desert sun, the prisoners fight for food, water and a safe place to sleep.

Our heroine begins to question her urge to fight back and rebel as all it seems to do is lead her
Published April 2019 by Seizure

To ask other readers questions about Prisoncorp, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prisoncorp

Start your review of Prisoncorp
Josh
Mar 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Disclaimer: Prisoncorp is the third and final book in the series which began with Orphancorp. Prior to reading Prisoncorp, I had not read the previous two books.

Prisoncorp reads remarkably well as a standalone (though some portions of the book would've certainly had a larger impact had I been familiar with the characters) drop kicking the reader into a harsh and unrelenting women's prison set sometime in the future.

The less than humane living conditions the inmates are subjected to is well
Alison Evans
The perfect end to the Orphancorp trilogy.
Samira Lloyd
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series and this book. The characters are strong, the voice is consistent. I love the cute queer romance and the sense of hope in a scarily realistic dystopian world.
Katie
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Imagine a bone dry wasteland where the government has completely corporatised the social welfare system, leaving the most vulnerable members of society completely at the mercy of money-hungry corporations. This is the world that Mirii and her friends inhabit. The third installation of her trilogy, Marlee Jane Ward's novella Prisoncorp sees Mirii imprisoned for her earlier attempts to protect her loved ones from the wealthy businesses that run her world. After Orphancorp, Prisoncorp is a brutal, ...more
Tasha Leigh
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, owned
Prisoncorp being the final chapter for Mirii, I was a little worried from the outset as to whether it would do rest of the series of novellas justice. But honestly, I actually really enjoyed it in its entirety.

Ward manages to keep the reader enthralled regardless of the length of the novel. Although this was only around 150 pages long, it told Mirii's story with precision and grace.

I was so happy with how it ended. All the loose ends were tied up in a neat bow while still taking the reader on
Meg Dunley
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I read an advance copy of this book

Oh. Wow. What a trilogy. Marlee Jane Ward has really packed a punch with these books. I have been lost in these for longer than I expected as I didn’t want to leave her world. What could be better than a strong female protagonist, full action, a completely believable world, clever ideas and tight plot? Her language in this is so on point that I found myself thinking it before too long. I’m so glad I waited to read the first two until I had the
Veronica
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The perfect end to Marlee Jane Ward’s brilliant Orphancorp trilogy. This series is so original, assured and electric. The fluid, understated way Ward writes about race, sexuality, disability and power is wonderfully modern and filled with care and empathy. The novella is a unique form and this is a perfect example of why it works so well for certain stories. Mirii’s world is a dark and awful place but I’ve loved being in it with her as my guide.
Paige Belfield
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A powerful ending to the Orphancorp trilogy. A dystopian heavily influenced by some people's reality. Well researched and wonderfully written. Marlee is an incredibly insightful author and I'm glad to read her work.
Emma
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An intensely good end to the series. Read it in an arvo - I couldn’t stop!
Michael Earp
I love this series. And the final book did not disappoint. If you haven't read it yet, then I recommend you do!
Tamsien West (Babbling Books)
A great conclusion to the trilogy.
Alan Baxter
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent end to the trilogy, the best book of the three for my money.
Carolyn Gilpin

• The Christmas Cafe at Seashell Cove
  • Monuments
  • The Story of Son
  • Sisters of the Vast Black
  • Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #1)
I’m a writer, reader and weirdo from Melbourne, Australia.
I grew up on the Central Coast of New South Wales and studied creative writing at the University of Wollongong. I attended the Clarion West Writers Workshop in 2014.

You can find my short stories at Interfictions, Terraform, Apex, The Sockdolager, Aurealis, Mad Scientist Journal, Slink Chunk Press, Feminartsy and the In Your Face, Hear Me

Orphancorp (3 books)