Start by marking “Ms. Marvel Team-Up Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Ms. Marvel Team-Up Vol. 1

Ms. Marvel Team-Up Vol. 1

(Marvel Team-Up (2019) #1-6)

Kamala Khan steps into the starring role of one of Marvel's all-time classic comic book titles - yes, she's putting the "Ms." into Marvel Team-Up! And, fittingly, the ever-sociable Spider-Man swings by to hand over the mantle! After a science demonstration at Empire State University goes awry, Ms. Marvel and Spidey find themselves tangled up in the same chaotic adventure. ...more
Published December 10th 2019 by Marvel (first published November 19th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Ms. Marvel Team-Up Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ms. Marvel Team-Up Vol. 1

Start your review of Ms. Marvel Team-Up Vol. 1
Jason
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I 100% loved the first half of this book. The art, the story, everything was firing on all cylinders as Peter Parker and Kamala Khan switch minds and team up to reverse it. Funny and heartfelt.

The 2nd story, with Kamala Khan and Captain Marvel was also fun but the art was way off. Like Kamala was red in some shots. Not sure of it was a misprint issue or not.
Zelly B.
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I'll admit, I bought this for the first story with Kamala and Peter teaming up. Carol in the second story was an added bonus.

That said, I thoroughly enjoyed the Ms Marvel/Spidey team-up (I will never ever get tired of Spider-Man mentoring teenage heroes) but the second story was kind of a confusing, underwhelming plot. The differences between the two stories were pretty evident, all the way down to the artwork. Enjoyed the Spidey/Ms Marvel art, did not enjoy the Ms Marvel/Cap Marvel art.

Oh
Simon
Sep 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Brought down by the second arc in the volume, one that underwhelms despite being a product of the McElroy clan. It can't quite decide whether it wants to be contemplative or action-packed or funny and it just ends up weighing itself down.
Chris Lemmerman
Marvel Team-Up’s back…sort of. In this short six issue revival, Ms. Marvel teams up with Spider-Man and Captain Marvel to battle bodyswaps and the Kree Empire, to varying degrees of success.

The lead story, by Eve Ewing, and Joey Vasquez on art, is great stuff. A bodyswap between two similar characters shouldn’t work, but Kamala and Peter’s personalities shine through even when they’re in each other’s bodies, and the fact that Kamala is basically teen-Peter is played very well. Both of the
Sesana
Jan 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, superhumans
Two different stories here, each three issues long. The first is a great Spider-Man/Ms. Marvel team up that capitalizes on the similarities in their personalities and their age differences. Yeah, it's a body swap, yeah, Peter's done that a lot, but that's actually a serious plot point. This story was cute and funny and I really enjoyed it. The second has Captain Marvel as a guest start, and it was a bit of a disappointment. It was a little too concerned with minutiae of Kree back story and petty ...more
Alex
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This volume of Marvel Team-Up collects issues #1-6. This was a really fun read! In this collection, Kamala Khan teams up with Spider-Man and Captain Marvel. I particularly enjoyed the art style in the Spider-Man story.
Iris Nevers
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
[Read in single issues]
Everything about this was great.
The mind swap, Peter liking lip gloss, Kamala being Kamala, Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel team up that we deserved.

I really wished this kept going. I had hopes for this series!!
Linton
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, owned
Love the two perspectives and the convergence into the middle!!
Rachelle
How fun was this team-up? First Ms. Marvel and Spidey, then Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel? Amazing!!! More please!
Emmanuel Nevers
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marvel has brought back the "Marvel Team-up" title but this time Kamala Kahn is in the lead! First teaming up with Spider-man then Captain Marvel! This is some good old fashion marvel fun!
Sara Sears
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved the first three issues. The last three with Captain Marvel had awkward writing and art.
Katie Florida
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love a good team-up story! This one had some super fun elements that made the reading experience unique.
Ryan Lindberg
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Joey Vasquez’s art. The flip-book format is cool. Can’t wait to read the next one.
Beth
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Spiderman team-up is so good I’m giving this four stars even though the Captain Marvel one is disappointing. It relies too much on prior Marvel knowledge and the art isn’t as nice.
Megan Farve
Dec 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-books-read
I loved the first half of this team up with Spider-Man, but I wasn’t a fan of the second half with Captain Marvel.
Trinity Fordham
3.5 stars (This was really hard for me to rate.)

Peter Parker and Kamala Khan team up 5 stars
To be honest, this was everything I could have wanted from a team up. Peter and Kamala just had the perfect dynamics and relationship. The dialogue and art were amazing. I loved this so much.

Carol Danvers and Kamala Khan team up 2 stars
As much as I love both Carol and Kamala, and their relationship, for some reason this just felt off. Half the time I was confused about what was happening. The dialogue,
Erica
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
It says vol 1-6, but the comics themselves say its a 3 parter? Either way a good pairing to re-launch team-up with my 2 favorite current super-heroes
Robert Greenberger

• Magnificent Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1: Destined
  • Captain Marvel, Vol. 2: Falling Star
  • Captain Marvel, Vol. 1: Re-Entry
  • House of X / Powers of X
  • Stumptown, Vol. 1: The Case of the Girl Who Took Her Shampoo (But Left her Mini)
  • West Coast Avengers, Vol. 2: City of Evils
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vol. 1: High School Is Hell
  • Miles Morales: Spider-Man, Vol. 1: Straight Out of Brooklyn
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 9: Teenage Wasteland
  • Star Wars, Vol. 11: The Scourging of Shu-Torun
Dr. Eve L. Ewing is a sociologist of education whose research is focused on racism, social inequality, and urban policy, and the impact of these forces on American public schools and the lives of young people. She is a Provost's Postdoctoral Scholar at the University of Chicago; in 2018, she will begin as Assistant Professor in the School of Social Service Administration at the University of ...more

Marvel Team-Up (2019) (5 books)
  • Marvel Team-Up (2019-) #1