Start by marking “The Complete Book of Ferns: Indoors - Outdoors - Growing - Crafting - History & Lore” as Want to Read:

The Complete Book of Ferns is filled with botanical information, indoor and outdoor growing and care information, details on propagation, display ideas, and even craft projects. This gorgeous book is authored by Mobee Weinstein, the Foreman of Gardenersat the New York Botanical Garden in the Bronxand a veteran guest on the Martha Stewart Living TV show and other media ...more
Published January 14th 2020 by Cool Springs Press (first published December 1st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Book of Ferns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Book of Ferns

Start your review of The Complete Book of Ferns: Indoors - Outdoors - Growing - Crafting - History & Lore
Christi M
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, gardening
For whatever reason and for the life of me I cannot keep an indoor plant alive. I really like ferns. They are so green and lush and yet they struggle to survive for me. So, when I saw this book I immediately scooped it up in hopes that it can shed light for me on how to keep my last two ferns alive.

Thoughts:
You might think “It’s indoor, therefore it’s easy. It’s the outside ones that are difficult.” Nope – not for me, it’s actually the other way around. I’m good with outside plants. In fact, I
Kelly Hodgkins
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My appreciation of ferns came from my mum who is so fond of them and grew when we purchased a home with a garden filled with them. I thoroughly enjoyed learning more about their biology, history and variants.

The book gives botanical information in an easy-to-understand way on all the different kinds of beautiful ferns, several I’d like to add to my collection! It includes the interesting process of propagating ferns and a guide to fixing frequently encountered problems. In addition to the great
Janet
Guest reviewer: MOM!!!!!!! She is a plan expert and farm girl, so she devoured this yesterday as I killed a silk plant by getting it wet and it moulded in the window!

When it is snowy and cold outside, superspeed readers like me can read 150 - 200+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. LOL

From the publisher, as I do
Annie
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog: Nonstop Reader.

The Complete Book of Ferns is a culture and tutorial guide for plants in the fern family by Mobee Weinstein. Due out 14th Jan 2020 from Quarto on their Cool Springs imprint, it's a comprehensive 256 pages and will be available in hardcover and ebook formats.

The first chapters introduce the botanic and biological diversity and history of ferns (some species have been around since over 100 million years -before- T. rex showed up). The author has a
Alexis
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This is the closest thing to complete guidebook on ferns I could ever imagine making. There is lore, history, scientific explanations of what makes a fern, how to reproduce a fern and how to care for a fern. There is even some fun projects included such as kokedama making, as well as a huge listing of different ferns and their unique care. I love looking at ferns, even though my house is far too dry for anything other than an asparagus fern (which I have learned through this book is not ...more
Hazel
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Complete book of Ferns is a superb book that you will go back to time and again for reference in your care of your ferns.

I really enjoyed reading this book as it covers so many aspects of ferns from their history to how to care for your plants both indoors and outside. There is a vast amount of information included and lots of fatastic photography.

I liked seeing the ideas near the end of the book for differnt ways to grow your ferns from Terraniums to Moss baskets.

Thanks to Netgalley and
Britt
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love having indoor plants and am always looking for ways to enhance their life span. I love all the tips between taking care of my ferns and even decorating tips. I thoroughly enjoyed the tips for how to solve overwatering the ferns. Anyone who loves to have indoor plants, please check out this book!
Witch-at-Heart
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a fantastic resource on growing ferns. It is very comprehensive and informative. Some of the care tips are adaptable to most indoor houseplants and I feel is a must have resource. I received this book from NetGalley for an honest review.
Kirsten never has enough time
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ferns glorious ferns! Everything you've ever wanted to know about ferns and everything you didn't know you wanted to know. Exhaustive, holy moly!
Sam
is currently reading it
Jan 15, 2020
Juli Anna
Jan 17, 2020

• The Kew Gardener's Guide to Growing Orchids: The Art and Science to Grow Your Own Orchids
  • Keto Simple: Delicious Low-Carb Meals That Are Easy on Time, Budget, and Effort
  • Organic Gardening for Everyone: Homegrown Vegetables Made Easy - No Experience Required!
  • Plant-Based Meal Prep: Simple, Make-Ahead Recipes for Vegan, Gluten-Free, Comfort Food
  • The Ultimate Guide to Witchcraft: A Modern-Day Guide to Making Magick
  • Behind Every Lie
  • The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook: Kid-Friendly, Plant-Based Recipes [Go Meatless One Day a Week—or Every Day!]
  • Creative Journaling: A Guide to Over 100 Techniques and Ideas for Amazing Dot Grid, Junk, Mixed Media, and Travel Pages
  • Black & Decker The Book of Home How-To Complete Photo Guide to Outdoor Building: Decks - Sheds - Greenhouses & Garden Structures
  • Gardening Your Front Yard: Projects and Ideas for Big and Small Spaces
  • Don't You Forget About Me
  • Watercolor the Easy Way: Step-By-Step Tutorials for 50 Beautiful Motifs Including Plants, Flowers, Animals & More
  • How to Embroider Almost Everything: A Sourcebook of 500+ Modern Motifs + Easy Stitch Tutorials—Learn to Draw with Thread!
  • Container Succulents: Creative Ideas for Easy-To-Maintain and Long-Lasting Arrangements
  • Dein perfektes Jahr
  • Crafting Cute: Polymer Clay the Kawaii Way
  • Haunted Historic Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia: With Breakthrough Ghost Photography
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)