Start by marking “Realm of Ash (The Books of Ambha, #2)” as Want to Read:
Realm of Ash (The Books of Ambha, #2)

Realm of Ash

(The Books of Ambha #2)

The fate of an empire rests in the hands of a young woman with magical blood and nothing left to lose, and an outcast prince determined to save his family at any cost, in this "dark, melodious, and memorable" new fantasy (Library Journal, starred review) from the author of the award-winning Empire of Sand.

The Ambhan Empire is crumbling. A terrible war of succession hovers on t
Published November 12th 2019 by Orbit

To ask other readers questions about Realm of Ash, please sign up.
Diana In Waterstones site the pre order is for November 14th
Laura The events that occurred in EOS directly impact the narrative of ROA, and it follows Arwa as an adult (in EOS she was a child). It is best to read the…moreThe events that occurred in EOS directly impact the narrative of ROA, and it follows Arwa as an adult (in EOS she was a child). It is best to read the books in order.(less)

Start your review of Realm of Ash (The Books of Ambha, #2)
Justine
Originally posted to I Should Read That

I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This review is spoiler-free for this book and for Empire of Sand.

Empire of Sand is one of those books that has left a lasting impact on me as a reader — it is a beautiful book with gorgeous magic, a lush world, and one of the best slow burn romances I’ve ever read. So naturally I was absolutely thrilled to hear that the next book, Realm of Ash was coming out this year. I had sky-high/>Empire/>I
michelle (magical reads)

read on my blog + see some hand-lettered quotes

**I received an ARC from the publisher (thank you, Orbit Books!). These are my honest opinions, and in no way was I compensated for this review.**

If I were a man, I would give my grief a purpose, and to the sword. I would fight for the sake of my Empire. But I am only a widow, and I have nothing to offer beyo
/>
Hiu Gregg
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There’s something about Tasha Suri’s books that is just… wonderful. Both in the sense that they are wonderfully written, and in the sense that they evoke a sense of wonder.

There’s magic in the pages, dangerous but alluring. A sense of flow that keeps you reading long past the time you should have stopped. A world that is striking and enchanting and dangerous. Characters that march through the front door of your heart and tell you to make room, because they’ll be staying a while.
aarya
Is two books too soon to declare Tasha Suri one of my favorite authors?

RTC near release date.
Sabs
May 24, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: excited, high-fantasy
if you read the ebook copy of empire of sand, you might have been lucky enough (like me!) to preview the first three chapters!! I've been aching for realm of ash literally as soon as I finished empire of sand and I'm so, so glad tasha suri gave us those chapters to obsess over for another year! (I'm also intrigued as to what series of events lead up to arwa being at court, despite being sent to live with the widows in the beginning of realm of ash.)

I look forward to see how arwa navi
shri (sunandchai)
Full review on my blog!

First off, I would like to thank the publisher, Orbit Books, for sending me this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

When I looked up after finishing this long anticipated read, my head was full of a heaviness and my ears were ringing; I’d been lying on my bed for four hours straight, reading like a woman possessed, and I hadn’t realized it until after I read the last words, put down my iPad, and released a heavy breath towards my ceiling.

Fla
Jordan
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tasha Suri has not disappointed in any way with her sophomore release! This was simply beautiful. Suri has such an elegant way of crafting her characters and their interactions and conveying the values and traditions that are most important to them.

Find this review at Forever Lost in Literature!

Last year I had the pleasure of reading Tasha Suri's debut Empire of Sand and I fell so deeply in love with her writing and her characters. There's something special about the way Suri crafts he
keikii Eats Books
To read more reviews like this, check out my blog keikii eats books!

98 points, 5 stars!

Quote:
Lonely, Jihan had called him. But Arwa could only look at him and think of his vulnerable neck, his wrists, the moonlight on him and think, Starving, he is starving.

Review:
Wow. Enchanting. Beautiful. I already know this review will feel inadequate compared to the elegance that is the book itself. The way the story flows and draws you in just was so well done. I managed to feel like I was the main character,
ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω
OMG NOVEMBER?! 😱😵 How am I supposed to ensure the wait?! 😰 I need this NOW! 😭
Karina
Rating: 4 Stars:★★★★ (Maybe 4.5? Still deciding on a rating)
Realm Of Ash is the follow-up to Empire Of Sand one of my favorite SFF debuts of last year! Returning to the Ambhan Empire again felt so unreal to me because it'd felt like the wait for this book took such a long time--but now I've finished it and I'm sad I read it SO quickly b/c I'm not sure how long I can wait for future books in this series! 😭

Set 10 years after EoS, we follow Arwa (Mehr's younger sister) who's now in h
c,
THEY WERE A MYSTICAL ORDER OF TWO

Rep: Mughal India inspired characters and setting
USOM
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(Disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher. This has not impacted my review which is unbiased and honest.)

Tasha Suri's words are always magic. The books just demand to be read and they enchant you with every page. In Empire of Sand there were true romance goals and legitimate fuel for wedding vows. In Realm of Ash we have a touching story about the ashes of our empire and the sacrifices we make to rule. Realm of Ash is gorgeous. Suri creates an atmospheric world that enfolds you in q
Moon
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh how I missed Ambha, and Tasha's words. This is a stunning book that will keep your feelings and imagination going. As much as I could've read another book entirely about Mehr's journey after the end of Empire of Sand, this time we join Arwa in her journey. And wow, this was a stunning book about grief, about self acceptance, about being formed into a tool and what you do with that, about the Empire breaking apart after the events of Empire of Sand.
You do not need to have read Empire of Sand
Jacky
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm giving this book five stars because I already know that it's going to be amazing. The first book was literally perfect so Book 2 can't be anything but.
Stephanie
Ohhhhhh this book - !!!

Last year, Tasha Suri's first book, Empire of Sand, absolutely blew me away. It was my favorite romantic fantasy novel in a very long time, and I couldn't wait to read this second book (set in the same world but with a different heroine, ten years later). But I still wasn't prepared for Realm of Ash.

OMG did I love the heroine, Arwa - and I found her perspective SO emotionally intense and so powerful that I had to stretch my reading experience out, s
Katie Griffiths
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely brilliant. I loved Empire of Sand and gave that 5 stars but if possible I think this was even better.

Arwa's journey was so powerful and fierce and heart-wrenching. The whole book is imbued with her grief and her rage at the roles she's been forced to play and the way that her society has discarded her despite her endless efforts to squash herself into the shape that's been determined for her. She's been taught to hate herself and to change herself to be acceptable, worthy,
Gagan
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This drew me in with a quiet intensity until it was all I could think about. Realm of Ash deals perfectly with grief, with the scars that can be left by those who love you and with the shackles of trying to belong. Arwa's journey begins where most end, she is widowed, full of grief, fear and rage. Her response, try to save the cursed empire from its fate. The characters in this book shine, especially Arwa and Zahir, and it's wonderful to watch how their dynamic changes though the story. The worl ...more
Lyndsie
Realm of Ash is one of my favorite books of 2019. Tasha Suri expertly weaves a story of anger, hunger, yearning, and what comes after all the grief, loss, and pain. Suri writes a new chapter, a second chance, for many characters who believe their story has already ended, their future obsolete. The slow-burn romance is key as it takes the main characters a long time to heal, to accept this new chapter, before they can allow themselves to love. It is a heart-wrenching, soul-enriching story of find ...more
Sharade
Tender and angry, atmospheric and raw. Just as powerful and beautiful as Empire of Sand. I'm in awe of Tasha Suri.
Sifa Poulton
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

A stunning exploration of grief, loss and love, as well as scholarship

Full review to come on my blog, Sifa Elizabeth Reads
Lucy
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Using a setting reminiscent of Mughal India, Suri explores diverse cultures and lore with lyrical prose and intricate world building; book two in ‘The Books of Ambha’ series.
Annalisa
Nov 12, 2019
K.S.
Sep 24, 2019
Jack
Oct 30, 2019
Mazakwebeatrice87gmail.com
rated it did not like it
May 15, 2019
Tara (Spinatale Reviews)
barbarajones
William Gillespie
Oct 22, 2019
Circe
Nov 12, 2019

• Aurora Blazing (Consortium Rebellion, #2)
  • Steel Crow Saga
  • Queen of the Conquered
  • Hurricane Child
  • Gods of Jade and Shadow
  • A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms (The Tales of Dunk and Egg, #1-3)
  • Slaying Monsters for the Feeble (The Guild Codex: Demonized, #2)
  • Winter (Evermore Academy, #1)
  • Benjamin Franklin: An American Life
  • Of Blood and Bone (Chronicles of The One, #2)
  • Walking the Americas
  • Phoenix Unbound (Fallen Empire, #1)
  • The Priory of the Orange Tree
  • Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #1)
  • Unsung Heroine (Heroine Complex, #3.5)
  • Eidolon (Wraith Kings, #2)
  • Legacy of Ash
  • Most Ardently
Tasha Suri was born in the U.K., but toured India during childhood holidays. She is now a librarian in London, and studied English and creative writing at Warwick University.

The Books of Ambha (2 books)
  • Empire of Sand (The Books of Ambha, #1)