Start by marking “How Your Book Sells Itself (Marketing for Authors, #1)” as Want to Read:
How Your Book Sells Itself (Marketing for Authors, #1)

How Your Book Sells Itself

(Marketing for Authors #1)

Are you terrified of marketing your book? Do you have it ready to go (or already published), but you feel stuck because you don’t know what to do next?Book marketing can feel like you’re never doing enough. It can seem impossible. How do you know if you’re focusing on the right marketing tactics? How do you know which strategy will work for you? What if you’re missing some ...more
Published March 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about How Your Book Sells Itself, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How Your Book Sells Itself

Start your review of How Your Book Sells Itself (Marketing for Authors, #1)
Janine
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the first book of the Marketing for Authors series, Bethany Atazadeh and Mandi Lynn guide you through how to position your book in the best position to hook readers. Especially for indie authors like myself, there’s a lot of things to consider in packaging your book for readers and it can feel overwhelming and stressful at times. Atazadeh and Lynn speak in a casual, conversational style, breaking down what can be overwhelming concepts into simple to implement ideas and easy to digest. They ta ...more
Lacy Hess
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
For anyone who is planning to publish a book, and is terrified or overwhelmed at the prospect of marketing, this book is an immense help towards gaining confidence in your ability to handle this aspect of publishing! It's a very down-to-earth and easy read, with plenty of helpful tips and suggestions, and is a great reference to look back on at all stages of the publishing journey. I learned several new things that I'd never considered before, and a few things I'd already learned about were writ ...more
Holly Davis
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is chock full of valuable insights and practical advice on how to market your book, finding keywords, choosing tag lines and promo lines, and so much more! I loved learning about the Rule of 7 and the 7 Marketing Mindset strategies necessary to comfortably and confidently market your book and brand. I highlighted so many points in this book that I'll return to over and over again.
J.L. Vampa
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
HIGHLY recommend for new authors!

This book is concise, to the point, and incredibly helpful. Bethany and Mandi have penned a fantastic resource for new and seasoned authors alike. If I’d had a resource like this when I started out, I can’t imagine how much it would have helped me avoid many of my trial and error moments. That being said, these two ladies also emphasize just how important it is to be okay with failure and their encouragement to never give up as well to direct your focus is just
Ana Guerra
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book to start developing the marketing mindset

I love Bethany and Mandi’s YouTube channels, so when I heard of this book, I got it as fast as I could. I think it has valuable information, and even though is a serie of 6 books and we have to wait for the rest (grrr), this one serves as a big introduction to start marketing your book and/or your brand. You should check it out! Gonna get book 2 for sure 😄
Timi V writer
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so helpful for those who don't know anything about marketing, like myself :)
It helped me a lot!
Emily Bourne
May 26, 2019 rated it liked it
I was very excited to buy this book. I follow both authors on YouTube and find them very charming.
I am looking to self publish my own book, and was doing my own marketing research for months. When I saw that two indie authors put out a book on marketing I thought it would be filled with gold.

Unfortunately, I found more gold on free online blogs. This book gives you an overview in what to do when selling your book, but doesn’t give many tips. The book has a lot of run-on sentenc
Jenny
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is fluff. 100% fluff. If you know anything, and I mean anything about self publishing, then you know too much for this book to be of any use to you. It's basic, and shallow, only skimming the surface of how your book can "sell itself". If they are saving the deeper dive of actually teaching me how to do these things for later books, they lost me with this one. I won't be wasting my time with another.

To offer something positive, I will say it was well written and put together and nicel
Jake Uniacke
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Extremely informative and very helpful. Mandi Lynn & Bethany Atazadeh have both written a fantastic non-fiction book to help authors, whether you're self-published, or traditionally published, market their book. This book has SO MUCH information in it that can help authors, and hopefully gain more readers. I hope that by using their advice, I'll be able to build a wider audience for my books. Now onto the second book in the series!
Kaylee White
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book by two amazing ladies. They shared so much pertinent and practical information. I highly recommend this for every author who is trying to publish their own books and get people to buy them. Definitely a great resource for self-published authors!
Martin Marquez
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book has some really good inside about how to write tour book so it will make more money for you. Who doesn’t want a successful book? Not me. I will take this advice from Bethany and Mandi Lynn.
Kristy Walker
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was written like a chat with friends.

this book was chock full of logical and plain spoken advice from two self published authors delivered in a knowledgeable yet humble way. There were so many helpful tidbits and I'm excited to try them out!
Vi
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great introduction into the marketing world if you’re new and have no clue what you’re doing yet! It gave a great base to grow and gives you a gentle nudge in the right direction on your path to selling books.
Elen Chase
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I purchased “How your book sells itself" a few days ago and it sucked me in completely!
I highly recommend this book to other authors like me who struggle with marketing.
It can really open your eyes and make you see things you didn’t notice about your book that were right in front of you!
Jenna Streety
Apr 19, 2019 rated it liked it
A great place for beginners, though I do hope they publish something with more advanced information later in this series. Can't wait to see where it goes!
Tim Bankes
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: author-strategy
Very helpful

This book is a great mentor ship straight talk book for authors that are relatively new to self publishing. I recommend it.
Marcus Breathnach
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly good, I was sceptical at first but in all it really helped.
Heather Kirchhoff
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How Your Book Sells Itself has a lot of helpful information. I'm thrilled I decided to pick it up. I can't wait to see what the rest of the series talks about it.
Cassie Kelley
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bethany Atazadeh and Mandi Lynn have written a fantastic book that probes into the dreaded land of marketing. Many authors believe that marketing is a waste of time, too confusing, too much, etc. But the hard truth is that all authors, including those who get traditionally published, have to market their own books.

Building on the foundation of their experiences, mistakes included, the two authors set up a base for the rest of the series. From this book, you will learn about how your book is the
H.J. Stack
Dave A Walker
May 04, 2019
Mevia
Apr 09, 2019
Temecka (Library of Tomes)
Apr 08, 2019
Iasmina
Jun 11, 2019
Jessi Elliott
Mar 08, 2019

• Save the Cat! Writes a Novel
  • Book Sales That Multiply: Targeting Your Ideal Reader With eBook Promotions, Paid Ads & More!
  • 10,000 Words per Day (Write Club Book 1)
  • Rapid Release: How to Write & Publish Fast For Profit
  • Seeker (Keeper Duology #2)
  • Twisted Desire (Twisted, #2.5)
  • Inner Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga, #2)
  • The Savior's Champion (The Savior's Series, #1)
  • Writing and Releasing Rapidly
  • Sky Without Stars (System Divine, #1)
  • Beautiful Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #1)
  • Essence
  • The Author Blog: Easy Blogging for Busy Authors
  • Write Through Depression
  • The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Expression
  • Surfside Sisters
  • The Architect of Elysia (The Deian Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Ten Quick Wins for Writers: How to ignite creativity, write steadily, and publish your book!
Bethany Atazadeh is a Minnesota-based author of YA novels and non-fiction. She graduated from Northwestern College in 2008 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English with a writing emphasis. After graduation, she pursued songwriting, recording, and performing with her band, and writing was no longer a priority. But in 2016, she was inspired by the NaNoWriMo challenge to write a novel in 30 days, an ...more

Marketing for Authors (2 books)
  • Grow Your Author Platform: Generating Book Sales with Your Website, Email Marketing, Blogging, YouTube and Pinterest Using Content Marketing (Marketing For Authors, #2)
“Good marketing is reminding your readers regularly about all the valuable things you want to give them out of your own experience, including your book, in a new and genuine way.” 2 likes
“The truth is, you could write a masterpiece, but if you're hiding it under a rock, no one will ever know.” 2 likes