Start by marking “Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)

Chasing Cassandra

(The Ravenels #6)

Everything has a price...

Published February 18th 2020 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Cassandra, please sign up.
Carol I'm totally with you! I can't wait for Feb. 2020. Really looking forward to getting an excerpt soon.
Carol Here is the description from Google Books:

Everything has a price . . .

Here is the description from Google Books:

Everything has a price . . .

Railway magnate Tom Severin is wealthy and powerful enough to satisfy any desire as soon as it arises. Anything—or anyone—is his for the asking. It should be simple to find the perfect wife—and from his first glimpse of Lady Cassandra Ravenel, he’s determined to have her. But the beautiful and quick-witted Cassandra is equally determined to marry for love—the one thing he can’t give.

Everything except her . . .

Severin is the most compelling and attractive man Cassandra has ever met, even if his heart is frozen. But she has no interest in living in the fast-paced world of a ruthless man who always plays to win.

When a newfound enemy nearly destroys Cassandra’s reputation, Severin seizes the opportunity he’s been waiting for. As always, he gets what he wants—or does he? There’s one lesson Tom Severin has yet to learn from his new bride:

Never underestimate a Ravenel.

The chase for Cassandra’s hand may be over. But the chase for her heart has only just begun . . .

(less)

Start your review of Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
Rose Maria
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for this book from the time I read devil in spring..... So in devil's daughter I searched for these two.... But we don't have a direct conversation between Cassandra and Severin.... Anyway all information I know,I gathered it together.
Cassandra is 21,Tom Severin is 33(early thirties).
Severin was described in devil's daughter as :
Severin’s face was lean and angular, his build lanky and almost rawboned, his complexion librarian pale. His eyes were an unevenly distributed
Lubnaa (Romance Library)
I received an ARC from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

description

Note: there is a trigger warning at the very end of this review. It's tagged a spoiler so you can click on the spoiler tag to read about it.

I've been waiting for Tom and Cassandra's book since Marrying Winterborne!! Poor Cassandra is the overlooked Ravenel family member, having last appeared in Marrying Winterborne. But in upper society, she's actually the opposite of overlooked. She's in fact a belle of the ball. A
Cameo
May 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
From the deleted scene at the end of Devil's Daughter (Walmart paperback version, pg. 381):

After she'd crossed the threshold, Severin said urgently, "Lady Cassandra."

Slowly she reappeared, peaking at him from from behind the doorjamb.

"You're not too plump," Severin said. "The more of you there is in the world, the better."

Amusement flickered in the one blue eye that was visible before Cassandra vanished.

West turned to Severin with a scowl. Before he could say a word, the other man asked
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS
He kissed her for all the midnights and mornings they would never share. He kissed her with a tenderness he would never be able to express in words, and felt her response in his blood, as if her sweetness had sunk into his marrow.

This book. This book right here is exactly why I love historical romance. If you're not a reader of the genre, this book will make a converter out of you. It was sweet, quirky, funny, and oh so swoony! Lisa Kleypas can simply do no wrong for me, and this
Esther
ARC provided by NetGalley and Edelweiss in Exchange for an honest review.

Magical.
Sweet.
Romantic.
Just some of the words that describe this Historical Romance.

Well I've been processing and just relishing in the aftermath of finishing this wonderful book. I've been wrestling with how I wanted to write my review for this. I'm going change things up as I don't want to give too much away. So this will be a little different from my normal reviews.

Characters, both were wonderful!!!!!

Tom Severin was
♥ℳelody
1/30/20: As promised Lisa posted the "deleted scene" when Tom meets Cassandra for the first time on her website. And looks like she changed her mind and it's going in the book after all.
Sneak Peak of Chapter 1:

ETA: THE COVER!!!!!!!
Update 8/3/19: So I was talking about the deleted scene from Chasing Cassandra that was printed in special edition paperbacks of Devil's Daughter on Twitter. And Lisa Kleypas responded with this:
Melody, Wal-Mart put the
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 STARS

Can I say how much I loved it? I freaking loved every minute of it, I devour it.I was hooked and mesmerized from the beginning and I just couldn't get enough of Tom and Cassandra!

description

Tom was such an interesting character and Cassandra so lovely and sweet.My heart was aching and I love the connection they have.They are opposites but somehow they have what the other needed.

This series is a must read, and so far Marrying Winterborne was my top favorite but no not anymore.This one is the top and
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
I've been on such a Lisa Kleypas roll lately. First, I read Again the Magic and it blew my mind. Then, of course, after I read that I HAD to read Marcus' book, It Happened One Autumn. Next I ended up rereading Devil in Winter and then finally read the final Wallflowers book for the first time. I made it halfway through before the ARC of Chasing Cassandra landed on my kindle and I had to drop everything to start it.

I absolutely adore the Ravenels series –not quite as much as the Hathaways when it
Sara Reads (mostly) LOTS of Romance
8/2 HOLY MOLY THAT COVER IS BEEAAUUTIFULLLL
OHhhOOhhhHH MY GoOODDdDD ITS OUT THE BLURB IS OUT BRB CRYING AND FREAKING THE EVERLIVING FUCK OUT AAAAAJJJHHHH

^^accurate visual of me right now

oh gosh oh gosh people I cant believe i have to wait another year for this one UGGHHH I feel like it's so similar to Harry and Poppy's book from the Hathaways and I'm 100000% ok with that beCAUSE I LOVE PLOTS LIKE THESE WHERE HE'S A HORRIBLE PERSON AND SHE CHANGES HIM AND FORCES HIM TO LOOK AT HIS FEELINGS I NEED
Sammy Loves Books
Oh, I love the Beautiful cover..I can't wait!!!

Tom Severin and Lady Cassandra Ravenel!! *sighs*
Hot Diggity!! This is gonna be good!!

description

Never underestimate a Ravenel.

Yessssss!!! I
Jessica
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
There is no question that Lisa Kleypas is one of the queens of historical romance. I was so excited when Avon sent me a copy of Chasing Cassandra to review. Not only is the cover gorgeous, but the story inside sounded like a great romance!

I've only read two other books in this series, but I jumped into this book just fine and understood the close family relationships these characters had with one another. I really loved how this book revolved so much around the relationships with people and how
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
Me: I’m done with Lisa Kleypas’ books.

Also me: New Lisa Kleypas book!!! And that cover I NEED this in my life!

Barbara Rogers
Series: The Ravenels #6
Publication Date: 2/18/20
Number of Pages: 384

OMGoodness! I loved this book. I loved the story. I loved the characters. I loved the romance. Well, you get the picture. One of the things I liked most is that the heroine just wanted a home and a family to love. She didn’t want to flaunt society, she wasn’t out to blaze new trails, she just wanted a family with a husband who loved her. Cassandra was a delightful change from the current batch of heroines who would fit perfectly
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Chasing Cassandra
Series: The Ravenels #6
Author: Lisa Kleypas
Release date: February 18, 2020
Cliffhanger: No
Genre: historical romance

With every new installment in The Ravenels series, by excitement grows by leaps and bounds. Tom Severin has been intriguing from the very first introduction, so it's safe to say I was counting down the days until I could get my greedy hands on his story. On paper, he sounds like a guy you'd love to hate. Borderline sociopath. Unabashedly money hungry and
aarya
Hmm. The Ravenel series hasn't really worked for me (with the exception of my enjoyment for Devil in Spring and Devil's Daughter, I've either been ambivalent or actively disliked the other books). This is firmly in the middle of the pack: not terrible, but not Kleypas's best either. You'll likely enjoy it if you're an LK fan.

1) There's no substantial conflict. I guess Cassandra wants to marry for love and Severin denies the existence of love despite falling in love with her the second he sees
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

GENRE: Historical Romance
RATING: 5 STARS
CLIFFHANGER: No

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

When I met Tom Severin in this series I was so intrigued by his characterization. He came across a little cutthroat, cunning, opportunistic and a little manipulative and calculating. And he is all that to be sure but I felt that he wasn't born with these traits so I'm glad I finally found out what made him so. Tom's
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Guess what! I’ve found my first 5-star read of 2020! CHASING CASSANDRA is the sixth book of the Ravenels series and I have to say, it is definitely one of my favorites. I wasn’t sure how I was going to like Tom Severin’s character as the lead, however, if there is one author who can make me love a hero, it is Lisa Kleypas.

I really don’t know what to say other than the fact that I want to marry him. It’s been a very, very long time since I’ve been swept away by a hero, but Tom really surprised
MG
4 slow burn stars

This is the 6th (and final) book in the Ravenels series, and it focuses on Cassandra Ravenel and Tom Severin, both of whom are characters that have recurred in earlier books in the series. Cassandra is the youngest of the three Ravenel sisters, and she is the twin of Pandora (h in book 3 in the series) who has always wanted to be married to a man who loves her and have a family - the opposite of her twin's ambitions; yet, she is decidedly single and concerned that she will end
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This was such a great historical romance! I have been a big fan of Lisa Kleypas for many years so I was pretty eager to read this book. I had pretty high expectations for this book since I love the author's writing and have enjoyed other books in the series quite a bit. I was not disappointed. I really enjoyed reading Cassandra and Tom's story.

This is the sixth book in the Ravenels series but it works perfectly fine on its own.
Chitra *CJ*
Mar 19, 2019 marked it as dying-to-read-thud
OH MY HEART! This title is AMAZING- I love me a good Historical chase novel, and if it's especially by my queen Lisa Kleypas- I NEED IT NOW #GiveMeNow ...more
Michaelene
Gah! Absolutely delightul.

Historical romance is actually my first love, but I don't get to read it very often. Chasing Cassandra was the perfect book to dive back into my favorite subgenre of romance. And, of course, I can always count on Lisa Kleypas to deliver an emotionally compelling and uber romantic journey.

I've been wanting Tom Severin's book for so long! He may not relate to others as you'd expect or react in certain ways and he may be a bit more analytical and practical, and you may
Carolyn
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kleypas-lisa
When I read my first book by Lisa Kleypas (Wallflowers series, 2004), I instantly loved her writing, the humor and carefully crafted characters. To this date, I have read all her books. Unlike a lot of authors, she is consistently good. This Ravenel series is no exception.

I have always been intrigued by the mysterious Tom Severin, the obscenely wealthy commoner, who drifted in and out of all the books and was hoping he would get his own story. This is his book. I loved his character, his
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is one of the best I have read by Kleypas. I love the character of Tom and his quirks. He kept reminding me of Big Bang Theory’s Sheldon...then when they got to the contract creation all I could think about was Sheldon and Amy. Oh, my and I just realized now...trains...perfect!
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 01, 2019 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lisa Kleypas Fans, Romance
Railway magnate Tom Severin has become used to getting whatever he wants...
He has this Knack where people will tell him Everything...

All their Darkest Secrets...
All the things they wish Hidden...
And Tom Holds onto these Nuggets until he needs them...

Now he is in need of a Wife...
A wife which he does not plan as a Love Match...
Oh No...This is Business...
Lady Cassandra Ravenel looks to be the Perfect Choice...
Especially when her Circumstances turn to His Favor...

Now Severin may think he has the
Rosie
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There’s just something about Lisa Kleypas’ writing. It’s so captivating. She depicts scenes in such a way that you feel like you are present in the book. This is not a fast-paced story. The plot is simple. It’s not flashy or overly dramatic. However, it is still so good because of Kleypas’ writing skill.

I enjoyed finally getting to know Cassandra. She’s very loving and has a positive outlook. I really, really enjoyed getting to know Severin. He’s highly intelligent, determined, seemingly cold,
☆Tweety ~ purplebass ☆
Many thanks to Edelweiss and the publisher for letting me read an advanced copy of this book. All the opinions are my own and aren't influenced by anybody. Plus, if you've followed me, you'd know that Lisa Kleypas is one of my favorite historical romance authors, so I was thrilled when I was accepted as a reviewer.

After Sebastian, who Kleypas' fans sure know from Devil in Winter, spoiled the type of male character I usually love in these romances, I hadn't found anybody who could "catch" my
Milica's Bookshelf
3.5

I think I expected too much from this story... but it's still cute & easy read.
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s

Chasing Cassandra delivers the story of the final Ravenel sister, Cassandra. I have always loved Cassandra because she is so hopeful and genuinely sweet. She just wanted to find love and marry and have a traditional life. She just witnessed her sister, who swore to never marry, find love and get hitched. Without Pandora, Cassandra feels a bit lost. You can't help but feel great compassion for her.
I like naps and tea time, and taking a lazy stroll on a sunny day, and reading books on rainy
Emily
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
This book is excellent! I'm so happy Cassandra got her own story because she was always overshadowed by Pandora. It's lovely to have a heroine who admits to wanting a normal life with marriage and children. I feel like too often women with simple goals are looked down upon and told to aim higher. (I'm thinking specifically of Jane in Pride and Prejudice and Meg in Little Women.)

Lisa Kleypas does a great job of respecting those goals while making Cassandra extra-ordinary in her own right. Her
Mari
Jan 29, 2020 is currently reading it
Shelves: axis
deleted scene from email 1-29-20
Prologue
London, 1856

The train-boy was back.

Mr. Chambers Paxton was relieved to see the wiry lad making his way down the aisle with a bulk of folded newspapers strapped across his front.

Every week for the past four months, Paxton, a manufacturer of steam engines and boilers, had taken the 8:25 a.m. express from London to Manchester and back again. The recent acquisition of a tramway construction company obliged him to stay at Manchester’s White Lion Inn, Monday to

• Scot Under the Covers (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #2)
  • The Prince of Broadway (Uptown Girls, #2)
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • My Darling Duke (Sinful Wallflowers, #1)
  • This Earl of Mine (Bow Street Bachelors, #1)
  • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
  • A Heart of Blood and Ashes (A Gathering of Dragons, #1)
  • Mermaid Inn
  • Whiteout (Survival Instincts, #1)
  • My Fake Rake (Union of the Rakes, #1)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Beach Read
  • The Beast of Beswick (Everleigh Sisters, #1)
  • First Comes Scandal (Rokesbys #4)
  • Dance Away with Me
  • Forever My Duke (Unlikely Duchesses, #2)
  • Angel in a Devil's Arms (The Palace of Rogues, #2)
  • For the Sake of a Scottish Rake (Besotted Scots, #3)

The Ravenels (6 books)
  • Cold-Hearted Rake (The Ravenels, #1)
  • Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels, #2)
  • Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3)
  • Hello Stranger (The Ravenels, #4)
  • Devil's Daughter (The Ravenels, #5)
“Hearts don't start out frozen," Cassandra said wisely. "Something happened to you."
Mr. Severin gave her a slightly mocking glance. "How do you know so much about the heart?"
"I've read novels-" Cassandra began earnestly, and was disgruntled to hear his quiet laugh. "Many of them. You don't think a person can learn things from reading novels?"
"Nothing that actually applies to life." But the blue-green eyes contained a friendly sparkle, as if he found her charming.
"But life is what novels are about. A novel can contain more truth than a thousand newspaper articles or scientific papers. It can make you imagine, just for a little while, that you're someone else- and then you understand more about people who are different from you."
The way he listened to her was so very flattering, so careful and interested, as if he were collecting her words like flowers to be pressed in a book. "I stand corrected," he said. "I see I'll have to read one.”
8 likes
“I'm asking you to tell Lady Cassandra about my good qualities as well as the bad ones."
"What good qualities?" West inquired sharply.
Tom had to think for a moment. "How rich I am?”
6 likes