Start by marking “Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)

Chasing Cassandra

(The Ravenels #6)

Everything has a price...

Expected publication: February 18th 2020 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Cassandra, please sign up.
Carol I'm totally with you! I can't wait for Feb. 2020. Really looking forward to getting an excerpt soon.
Carol Here is the description from Google Books:

Everything has a price . . .

Here is the description from Google Books:

Everything has a price . . .

Railway magnate Tom Severin is wealthy and powerful enough to satisfy any desire as soon as it arises. Anything—or anyone—is his for the asking. It should be simple to find the perfect wife—and from his first glimpse of Lady Cassandra Ravenel, he’s determined to have her. But the beautiful and quick-witted Cassandra is equally determined to marry for love—the one thing he can’t give.

Everything except her . . .

Severin is the most compelling and attractive man Cassandra has ever met, even if his heart is frozen. But she has no interest in living in the fast-paced world of a ruthless man who always plays to win.

When a newfound enemy nearly destroys Cassandra’s reputation, Severin seizes the opportunity he’s been waiting for. As always, he gets what he wants—or does he? There’s one lesson Tom Severin has yet to learn from his new bride:

Never underestimate a Ravenel.

The chase for Cassandra’s hand may be over. But the chase for her heart has only just begun . . .

(less)

Start your review of Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
Rose Maria
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for this book from the time I read devil in spring..... So in devil's daughter I searched for these two.... But we don't have a direct conversation between Cassandra and Severin.... Anyway all information I know,I gathered it together.
Cassandra is 21,Tom Severin is 33(early thirties).
Severin was described in devil's daughter as :
Severin’s face was lean and angular, his build lanky and almost rawboned, his complexion librarian pale. His eyes were an unevenly distributed
Lubnaa (Romance Library)
I received an ARC from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

description

Note: there is a trigger warning at the very end of this review. It's tagged a spoiler so you can click on the spoiler tag to read about it.

I've been waiting for Tom and Cassandra's book since Marrying Winterborne!! Poor Cassandra is the overlooked Ravenel family member, having last appeared in Marrying Winterborne. But in upper society, she's actually the opposite of overlooked. She's in fact a belle of the ball. A
Cameo
May 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
From the deleted scene at the end of Devil's Daughter (Walmart paperback version, pg. 381):

After she'd crossed the threshold, Severin said urgently, "Lady Cassandra."

Slowly she reappeared, peaking at him from from behind the doorjamb.

"You're not too plump," Severin said. "The more of you there is in the world, the better."

Amusement flickered in the one blue eye that was visible before Cassandra vanished.

West turned to Severin with a scowl. Before he could say a word, the other man asked
♥ℳelody
ETA: THE COVER!!!!!!!
Update 8/3/19: So I was talking about the deleted scene from Chasing Cassandra that was printed in special edition paperbacks of Devil's Daughter on Twitter. And Lisa Kleypas responded with this:
Melody, Wal-Mart put the deleted scene in the backs of their paperback versions of Devil's Daughter! Pretty soon I'll be putting it on my website :-D

Yay to getting the deleted scene. But SHE SAID MY NAME Y'ALL. LISA KLEYPAS ACKNOWLEDGED ME. Ok excuse me now while I go fangirl in a
Esther
ARC provided by NetGalley and Edelweiss in Exchange for an honest review.

Magical.
Sweet.
Romantic.
Just some of the words that describe this Historical Romance.

Well I've been processing and just relishing in the aftermath of finishing this wonderful book. I've been wrestling with how I wanted to write my review for this. I'm going change things up as I don't want to give too much away. So this will be a little different from my normal reviews.

Characters, both were wonderful!!!!!

Tom Severin was
Sara Reads (mostly) LOTS of Romance
8/2 HOLY MOLY THAT COVER IS BEEAAUUTIFULLLL
OHhhOOhhhHH MY GoOODDdDD ITS OUT THE BLURB IS OUT BRB CRYING AND FREAKING THE EVERLIVING FUCK OUT AAAAAJJJHHHH

^^accurate visual of me right now

oh gosh oh gosh people I cant believe i have to wait another year for this one UGGHHH I feel like it's so similar to Harry and Poppy's book from the Hathaways and I'm 100000% ok with that beCAUSE I LOVE PLOTS LIKE THESE WHERE HE'S A HORRIBLE PERSON AND SHE CHANGES HIM AND FORCES HIM TO LOOK AT HIS FEELINGS I NEED
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
<3 5 STARS <3

Can I say how much I loved it? I freaking loved every minute of it, I devour it.I was hooked and mesmerized from the beginning and I just couldn't get enough of Tom and Cassandra!

description

Tom was such an interesting character and Cassandra so lovely and sweet.My heart was aching and I love the connection they have.They are opposites but somehow they have what the other needed.

This series is a must read, and so far Marrying Winterborne was my top favorite but no not anymore.This one is
Sammy Loves Books
Oh, I love the Beautiful cover..I can't wait!!!

Tom Severin and Lady Cassandra Ravenel!! *sighs*
Hot Diggity!! This is gonna be good!!

description

Never underestimate a Ravenel.

Yessssss!!! I
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
Me: I’m done with Lisa Kleypas’ books.

Also me: New Lisa Kleypas book!!! And that cover I NEED this in my life!

Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
I've been on such a Lisa Kleypas roll lately. First, I read Again the Magic and it blew my mind. Then, of course, after I read that I HAD to read Marcus' book, It Happened One Autumn. Next I ended up rereading Devil in Winter and then finally read the final Wallflowers book for the first time. I made it halfway through before the ARC of Chasing Cassandra landed on my kindle and I had to drop everything to start it.

I absolutely adore the Ravenels series –not quite as much as the Hathaways when it
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is one of the best I have read by Kleypas. I love the character of Tom and his quirks. He kept reminding me of Big Bang Theory’s Sheldon...then when they got to the contract creation all I could think about was Sheldon and Amy. Oh, my and I just realized now...trains...perfect!
Chitra *CJ*
Mar 19, 2019 marked it as dying-to-read-thud
OH MY HEART! This title is AMAZING- I love me a good Historical chase novel, and if it's especially by my queen Lisa Kleypas- I NEED IT NOW #GiveMeNow ...more
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: Lisa Kleypas Fans, Romance
Railway magnate Tom Severin has become used to getting whatever he wants...
He has this Knack where people will tell him Everything...

All their Darkest Secrets...
All the things they wish Hidden...
And Tom Holds onto these Nuggets until he needs them...

Now he is in need of a Wife...
A wife which he does not plan as a Love Match...
Oh No...This is Business...
Lady Cassandra Ravenel looks to be the Perfect Choice...
Especially when her Circumstances turn to His Favor...

Now Severin may think he has the
Rosie
Mar 19, 2019 marked it as to-read
Though Kleypas first introduced us to Severin in Cold-Hearted Rake, it was while reading Marrying Winterborne that I became excited to read his story. In this latter book, he’s described as being too smart for his own good, articulate, confident in his razor-sharp intellect, self-mocking, and irreverent.

It is this comment, made in response to Winterborne’s joyful claim that he feels “wholehearted” to be marrying Helen, that most intrigues me:

Severin smiled reflectively as the stood to shake
Azizah Aisyah
Mar 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
"Why would a man pay a woman to sleep with him?" Casandra asked, sounding puzzled. "Unless it's very cold, and there aren't enough blankets. But it would be simpler to buy more blankets, wouldn't it?"
- cassandra-

Wow..the title sounds a bit naughty..is it going to be a hard chasing?
Can't wait...
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
I found Tom Severin hilarious in the previous book, this seems good!

Did you see this cover?! *swoon* I LOVE Cinderella!

Emily
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is excellent! I'm so happy Cassandra got her own story because she was always overshadowed by Pandora. It's lovely to have a heroine who admits to wanting a normal life with marriage and children. I feel like too often women with simple goals are looked down upon and told to aim higher. (I'm thinking specifically of Jane in Pride and Prejudice and Meg in Little Women.)

Lisa Kleypas does a great job of respecting those goals while making Cassandra extra-ordinary in her own right. Her
nick
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it

An all-around superb addition to the series. I adored Cassandra and the way she had Severin all confused about his feelings.

RTC
m.
May 31, 2019 marked it as to-read
GIVE ME THIS BOOK NOW!!!!!

I've been waiting for Severin and Cassandra's book ever since the first Ravenel novel came out! I was hoping these two would be a pairing but I wasn't sure it was going to happen. MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED! Not only are they a pairing, Queen Kleypas also somehow read my mind and added in all my favorite tropes.

LORD, this is gonna be SO GOOD! February 2020 is literally so far away I might cry but I promise to try and be somewhat patient. Lol, that ain't ever gonna
Veronica Campagnoli
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait for it!!!!!!!!!! Cassandra is my favourite!!!!!!!! And I already love Tom! Is going to be like poppy and harry!!!!!!
aarya
Hmm. The Ravenel series hasn't really worked for me (with the exception of my enjoyment for Devil in Spring and Devil's Daughter, I've either been ambivalent or actively disliked the other books). This is firmly in the middle of the pack: not terrible, but not Kleypas's best either. You'll likely enjoy it if you're an LK fan.

1) There's no substantial conflict. I guess Cassandra wants to marry for love and Severin denies the existence of love despite falling in love with her the second he sees
Katrina
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This review has been copied from my blog literarylovebooks.com

Wow. Oh Wow. This book blew me away. I may have only started this series last November but as soon as Severin was introduced I wanted him to have his own book and I was not disappointed! What can I say- I have a thing for the anti-hero type. .

The beginning of this book completely sucked me in and I literally read myself to sleep and woke up at 3 am with my kindle smashed into my face and my glasses askew- there may have been drool…
Denise Lima
Aug 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
Edit 08/02/19:
THE COVER IS OUT AND IT'S SO PRETTY AAAHHHH!!!!! HER HAIR, HER SHOES, THE CINDERELLA VIBES, I CAN'T, I REALLY JUST CAN'T-

description
I'm not even being biased here because Cassandra is my favorite Ravenel, but this is the prettiest cover EVERRRRRrrr!!!
Eden
*ARC received from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review*

Lisa Kleypas is a phenomenal writer and this book was absolutely no exception. Tom Severin might be one of my top favorites of her heroes after this book. He feels like he might be somewhere on the autism spectrum, sort of like Ian MacKenzie in Jennifer Ashley’s Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie. He makes a fantastic pairing with Cassandra, and while this book didn’t take the exact path I was expecting given the description, I liked how
Natalie
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received an ARC courtesy of the publisher. (It is currently available on Edelweiss and NetGalley)

Probably my favorite of The Ravenals. Also, my second favorite book by this author after The Devil in Winter.
Liv
Apr 13, 2019 marked it as to-read
me: i know better
LK: "It’s a marriage of convenience plot — my favorite — in which a heroine, who has always longed for a cozy, happy home with a loving husband and children, ends up marrying an obscenely wealthy man who regards her as a trophy. Severin is fascinated by Cassandra and is drawn to her beauty, grace and kindness, but he has no intention of falling in love with her. He’s a tricky, treacherous, hyper-intelligent antihero who discovers his wife has a core of inner strength he never
Renu
Mar 22, 2019 marked it as to-read
Hopefully when i read this book it will feel like a true historical romance unlike the rest in this series. I liked only Marrying Winterborne till date.
LianaReads blog
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have mixed feelings about this book. I wanted Cassandra’s book for a long time because she’s one of those side characters that intrigues you but you don’t really know much about her as her appearance in the previous books is not that much and that’s a mystery that I always want to solve.
I love them separately and together. Cassandra is exactly how I imagined her to be and Tom is so much more than I expected. I must confess that from the first chapter I loaded him for being so superficial but
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• My Fake Rake (Union of the Rakes, #1)
  • This Earl of Mine (Bow Street Bachelors, #1)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • My Darling Duke (Sinful Wallflowers, #1)
  • Scot Under the Covers (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #2)
  • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
  • The Prince of Broadway (Uptown Girls, #2)
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • The Beast of Beswick (Everleigh Sisters, #1)
  • The Earl Takes a Fancy (Sins for All Seasons, #5)
  • Angel in a Devil's Arms (The Palace of Rogues, #2)
  • The Rogue of Fifth Avenue (Uptown Girls, #1)
  • Someone to Remember (Westcott #7)
  • Forever and a Duke (Rogues to Riches, #3)
  • Marriage on Madison Avenue (Central Park Pact, #3)
  • For the Sake of a Scottish Rake (Besotted Scots, #3)
  • A Murderous Relation (Veronica Speedwell, #5)
  • Love Lettering

The Ravenels (6 books)
  • Cold-Hearted Rake (The Ravenels, #1)
  • Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels, #2)
  • Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3)
  • Hello Stranger (The Ravenels, #4)
  • Devil's Daughter (The Ravenels, #5)
“I might feel sorry for you, Tom, if you weren't such a selfish arse. I've seen you like this before, and I already know where it will lead. This is why you own more houses than you can live in, more horses than you can ride and more paintings than you have walls. For you, disappointment is inevitable. As soon as you obtain the object of your desire, it loses its power to enchant you. Knowing that, do you think Devon or I would ever allow you to court Cassandra?"
"I wouldn't lose interest in my own wife."
"How could it be otherwise?" West asked softly. "All that matters to you is the chase.”
0 likes
“Guests came and went as they pleased, filling their gold-banded plates with hot breads, poached eggs on toast, smoked quail, fruit salad, and slices of charlotte russe made with sponge cake and Bavarian cream. Footmen crossed through the entrance hall as they headed outside with trays of coffee, tea, and iced champagne.
Ordinarily this was the kind of event Cassandra would have enjoyed to no end. She loved a nice breakfast, especially when there was a little something sweet to finish off, and charlotte russe was one of her favorite desserts. However, she was in no mood to make small talk with anyone. Besides, she'd eaten far too many sweets lately... the extra jam tart at teatime yesterday, and all the fruit ices between dinner courses last night, and that entire éclair, stuffed with rich almond cream and roofed with a crisp layer of icing. And one of the little decorative marzipan flowers from a platter of puddings.”
0 likes