Start by marking “Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)

Chasing Cassandra

(The Ravenels #6)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  11,486 ratings  ·  1,652 reviews
Everything has a price...

Railway magnate Tom Severin is wealthy and powerful enough to satisfy any desire as soon as it arises. Anything—or anyone—is his for the asking. It should be simple to find the perfect wife—and from his first glimpse of Lady Cassandra Ravenel, he’s determined to have her. But the beautiful and quick-witted Cassandra is equally determined to marry f
Published February 18th 2020 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Cassandra, please sign up.
Carol Let us know your picks! Never know who will see this and hopefully it does become a TV series.
Carol I'm totally with you! I can't wait for Feb. 2020. Really looking forward to getting an excerpt soon.

·  11,486 ratings  ·  1,652 reviews

Start your review of Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
Anne
Cassandra wants love and Tom wants Cassandra.

It's the classic tale of the idiot boy who doesn't realize that the weird clenching in his gut isn't some sort of intestinal virus...

description

It's the way he feels because the girl wormed her way into his heart.
Dumbass.

description

No, really! <--why are men so slow on the uptake?
See, Tom has the hots for Cassandra (well, Tom and every other man) but she wants to find love. Or at least someone who is open to falling in love somewhere down the road.
And Tom isn't that guy
Rose Maria
I have been waiting for this book from the time I read devil in spring..... So in devil's daughter I searched for these two.... But we don't have a direct conversation between Cassandra and Severin.... Anyway all information I know,I gathered it together.
Cassandra is 21,Tom Severin is 33(early thirties).
Severin was described in devil's daughter as :
Severin’s face was lean and angular, his build lanky and almost rawboned, his complexion librarian pale. His eyes were an unevenly distributed mi
Lubnaa (Romance Library)
I received an ARC from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

description

Note: there is a trigger warning at the very end of this review. It's tagged a spoiler so you can click on the spoiler tag to read about it.

I've been waiting for Tom and Cassandra's book since Marrying Winterborne!! Poor Cassandra is the overlooked Ravenel family member, having last appeared in Marrying Winterborne. But in upper society, she's actually the opposite of overlooked. She's in fact a belle of the ball. A curv
Anovelqueen
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: k
***4.5 STARS***

Hero: Tom Severin, railway and real estate mogul, genius
Heroine: Cassandra Ravenel, beautiful and smart lady who teaches the hero to love.

I always have a smile on my face when I read Lisa Kleypas. Her books are just so darn good and her heroes are scrumptious.

Tom is so intelligent and an analytical thinker. Things must be logical and love does not seem logical to him. But he cannot explain away how he feels about Cassandra. Cassandra knows that she has always wanted to marry for
Jilly
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I gave the first book in this series a scathing review and one star. I absolutely hated the heroine with the burning rage of a thousand suns. I wanted to build a time machine just to travel back there and bitch-slap a bitch.

You know, sane thoughts.

But, it was Lisa Kleypas. She's written some of my favorite characters as well, so I trudged on. I'm so glad I did because, overall, this series has been awesome. This book was the perfect ending.

Cassandra is the heroine and Tom the hero. If you want t
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
5 STARS
He kissed her for all the midnights and mornings they would never share. He kissed her with a tenderness he would never be able to express in words, and felt her response in his blood, as if her sweetness had sunk into his marrow.

This book. This book right here is exactly why I love historical romance. If you're not a reader of the genre, this book will make a converter out of you. It was sweet, quirky, funny, and oh so swoony! Lisa Kleypas can simply do no wrong for me, and
Jen
Wow! I devoured this book in less than 24 hours!!! I loved Cassandra and Tom’s love story! I was hesitant when I began because in previous books Tom could come across as a real ass!!! Even when he first sets his sights on Cassandra, he comes across as emotionless and egotistical... The more he falls for her though; the more loving he becomes!!!

I have thoroughly enjoyed this series and I am hoping there will be more! I am not sure if there is anybody left though, unless Lisa Kleypas starts with t
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤️5 STARS ❤️

Can I say how much I loved it? I freaking loved every minute of it, I devour it.I was hooked and mesmerized from the beginning and I just couldn't get enough of Tom and Cassandra!

description

Tom was such an interesting character and Cassandra so lovely and sweet.My heart was aching and I love the connection they have.They are opposites but somehow they have what the other needed.

This series is a must read, and so far Marrying Winterborne was my top favorite but no not anymore.This one is the top
Holly
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
For a book that really doesn't involve much of a plot at all if you think about it, I greatly enjoyed this. The Revenels series has been more 'miss' than 'hit' for me, with book #2 Marrying Winterborne really being the only one I would recommend, but now I can say this one makes the cut too!

If you have read Kleypas' Hathaways series (my personal favorite) you might be expecting more of a Poppy/Harry situation based on this book's blurb - where the hero finagles his way into marrying the heroine
Esther
ARC provided by NetGalley and Edelweiss in Exchange for an honest review.

Magical.
Sweet.
Romantic.
Just some of the words that describe this Historical Romance.

Well I've been processing and just relishing in the aftermath of finishing this wonderful book. I've been wrestling with how I wanted to write my review for this. I'm going change things up as I don't want to give too much away. So this will be a little different from my normal reviews.

Characters, both were wonderful!!!!!

Tom Severin was comp
♥ℳelody
1/30/20: As promised Lisa posted the "deleted scene" when Tom meets Cassandra for the first time on her website. And looks like she changed her mind and it's going in the book after all. 🙌
Sneak Peak of Chapter 1:

ETA: THE COVER!!!!!!!😍
Update 8/3/19: So I was talking about the deleted scene from Chasing Cassandra that was printed in special edition paperbacks of Devil's Daughter on Twitter. And Lisa Kleypas responded with this:
Melody, Wal-Mart put the del
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
LK still got it!

I always like a HR about a working businessman, esp if they have a “frozen heart” and high IQ, to the point of genius.

Tom was lovely. Cassandra wasn’t bad either. Why not 5 stars? It was a bit slow at times. And the feelings it evoked in me weren’t very intense, tho pleasant. These days I only like intense books, either outright laughter, ugly crying, heart hurting, throat souring, SOME STRONG EMOTION.

This was a pleasant book. Good writing. Mature writing. The sex wasn’t as “blan
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
I've been on such a Lisa Kleypas roll lately. First, I read Again the Magic and it blew my mind. Then, of course, after I read that I HAD to read Marcus' book, It Happened One Autumn. Next I ended up rereading Devil in Winter and then finally read the final Wallflowers book for the first time. I made it halfway through before the ARC of Chasing Cassandra landed on my kindle and I had to drop everything to start it.

I absolutely adore the Ravenels series – not quite as much as the Hathaways when i
aarya
Hmm. The Ravenel series hasn't really worked for me (with the exception of my enjoyment for Devil in Spring and Devil's Daughter, I've either been ambivalent or actively disliked the other books). This is firmly in the middle of the pack: not terrible, but not Kleypas's best either. You'll likely enjoy it if you're an LK fan.

1) There's no substantial conflict. I guess Cassandra wants to marry for love and Severin denies the existence of love despite falling in love with her the second he sees h
Vintage
In a silly nutshell, this is the Grinch romance where the hero’s heart grows because of his Cindy Lou heroine.

Hero

Heroine

I digress. First, I want to say, "Yes, read this! It's Lisa Kleypas."

I have to say that I have incredibly high standards for Lisa Kleypas, and Chasing Cassandra did not meet four stars for me. That said, if you like historical, LK, or great writing then this is a must read. The problem for me was it like felt some of the story and characters seemed a little rushed.

(view spoile

GENRE: Historical Romance
RATING: 5 STARS
CLIFFHANGER: No

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

When I met Tom Severin in this series I was so intrigued by his characterization. He came across a little cutthroat, cunning, opportunistic and a little manipulative and calculating. And he is all that to be sure but I felt that he wasn't born with these traits so I'm glad I finally found out what made him so. Tom
Sara Reads (mostly) LOTS of Romance
8/2 HOLY MOLY THAT COVER IS BEEAAUUTIFULLLL
OHhhOOhhhHH MY GoOODDdDD ITS OUT THE BLURB IS OUT BRB CRYING AND FREAKING THE EVERLIVING FUCK OUT AAAAAJJJHHHH

^^accurate visual of me right now

oh gosh oh gosh people I cant believe i have to wait another year for this one UGGHHH I feel like it's so similar to Harry and Poppy's book from the Hathaways and I'm 100000% ok with that beCAUSE I LOVE PLOTS LIKE THESE WHERE HE'S A HORRIBLE PERSON AND SHE CHANGES HIM AND FORCES HIM TO LOOK AT HIS FEELINGS I NEED
Mo
Feb 21, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 but couldn't meet the 4 or 5 star mark ... (maybe I should mention that I started reading and also got the audible version ... the audible drove me a bit nuts ... did not enjoy the narrator at all! Maybe that coloured my judgement - might have been a higher rating if I had just stuck to reading it ...). I know I will be in the minority here but don't let my review deter you from reading it ... I bet most of you will absolutely love it. You know me, I can be such a cranky arse at times!!

This
Addie H
Tropes: Spinster/Wallflower, Best friend’s sibling-ish, Marriage of Convenience, Opposites Attract, Unrequited Love, Unstarched (him)

description

This is basically a book about two people who are adorably gaga over each other but have different expectations from a relationship so while their hearts are committed, their brains keep them apart.

And this is Tom’s book, not Cassandra’s. He is the more complex and damaged character, so for the sake of the book more interesting. She unfortunately pales in comparis
Erika ♥OwlwaysReading♥
I LOVED it, but that ending tho...
It was so so so abrupt/rushed. Felt unfinished, and left me wanting.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

With Covid-19 running around causing havoc and mayhem, it's important to acknowledge and appreciate the little things. The AH-MAZING things! 😉

My library is officially closed ☹️, but guess who was finally able to checkout Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6) by Lisa Kleypas ???

THIS GIRL😍

(If you haven't seen Legally Blonde, you should. This moment was my moment to a T)

From Library Email:
* You will not incur any new la
Sammy Loves Books
Oh, I love the Beautiful cover..I can't wait!!!

Tom Severin and Lady Cassandra Ravenel!! *sighs*
Hot Diggity!! This is gonna be good!!

description

When a newfound enemy nearly destroys Cassandra’s reputation, Severin seizes the opportunity he’s been waiting for. As always, he gets what he wants—or does he? There’s one lesson Tom Severin has yet to learn from his new bride:

Never underestimate a Ravenel.

The chase for Cassandra’s hand may be over. But the chase for her heart has only just begun...

Yessssss!!! I ab
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
3.5 ⭐️

I really enjoyed the hero Severin. The story was sweet. There wasn’t much to Cassandra but I didn’t mind her character. Overall it was a little bland but still a nice read. I only finished it because my loan was almost up at the library. I think this is one of those books that would’ve taken me a year to finish had I bought it. This is just my opinion, if you’re an adoring fan of this series you may love this book.

___________________________________________________________

Me: I’m done wit
Sam (AMNReader)
There's nothing wrong with this book (er, there actually probably is technically) but it's not particularly compelling. It was easy to read, but veered to boring every so often. The characters are compelling enough, and the book does shine in their interactions. Everything else is pretty blah.

If you're a LK fan, read it, sure. If the rest of this series has largely disappointed, I'd skip it. If you haven't read her stuff, don't start here.

What I can appreciate is this series feels like a differe
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Chasing Cassandra
Series: The Ravenels #6
Author: Lisa Kleypas
Release date: February 18, 2020
Cliffhanger: No
Genre: historical romance

With every new installment in The Ravenels series, by excitement grows by leaps and bounds. Tom Severin has been intriguing from the very first introduction, so it's safe to say I was counting down the days until I could get my greedy hands on his story. On paper, he sounds like a guy you'd love to hate. Borderline sociopath. Unabashedly money hungry and ruth
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Guess what! I’ve found my first 5-star read of 2020! CHASING CASSANDRA is the sixth book of the Ravenels series and I have to say, it is definitely one of my favorites. I wasn’t sure how I was going to like Tom Severin’s character as the lead, however, if there is one author who can make me love a hero, it is Lisa Kleypas.

I really don’t know what to say other than the fact that I want to marry him. It’s been a very, very long time since I’ve been swept away by a hero, but Tom really surpris
Jessica
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
There is no question that Lisa Kleypas is one of the queens of historical romance. I was so excited when Avon sent me a copy of Chasing Cassandra to review. Not only is the cover gorgeous, but the story inside sounded like a great romance!

I've only read two other books in this series, but I jumped into this book just fine and understood the close family relationships these characters had with one another. I really loved how this book revolved so much around the relationships with people and how
Melanie A.
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Audio: 5+ STARS!!
Story: 5 STARS!!

Good grief, I listened to this one with a constant silly grin on my face...in fact, I think Lisa Kleypas and the Ravenels are personally responsible for the worsening of my laugh lines . . . this entire series was so wonderful.

I LOVED Cassandra and Severin. The romance was utterly swoon-worthy.

But what really made the book for me was the cumulative adding of the couples over the series and their appearances in this story. The cameos were phenomenal. Please don't
Karen
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

"I'll be your oyster."

As expected, I loved this! Honestly, I had no doubt I would, as Lisa Kleypas has become for me a sort of forgone conclusion in that regard. Tom Severin was a man, in every sense of the word. A self-made man, that lived his life forever proving himself to be smarter and more industrious than any other. Therefore he disposed of all of the emotions that would make a man weak, or so he thought. But he was none-less charming despite all of his efforts.
"My soul i
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

*Contains Spoilers*

Chasing Cassandra is a beautiful masterpiece of a romance that delves into beauty of emotion and finding love when you least expect it to happen. This book is a work of art and I loved every single moment of it and I know if you are waiting on tinder hooks on book evaluations of this story that this book will win your heart and soul in every way you imagine that Lisa Kleypas is capable of.  I will be honest in that I wasn

• First Comes Scandal (Rokesbys #4)
  • Beach Read
  • Say Yes to the Duke (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #5)
  • Daring and the Duke (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #3)
  • Something to Talk About
  • Of Curses and Kisses (St. Rosetta's Academy, #1)
  • A Murderous Relation (Veronica Speedwell, #5)
  • The Earl Takes a Fancy (Sins for All Seasons, #5)
  • How to Catch a Wicked Viscount (The Disreputable Debutantes, #1)
  • House Rules (Uptown, #3)
  • The Virgin and the Rogue (The Rogue Files, #6)
  • The Bachelor (Duke Dynasty, #2)
  • Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • Anything But a Duke (The Duke's Den, #2)
  • How to Catch an Errant Earl (The Disreputable Debutantes, #2)
  • The Merry Viscount (Widow's Brew, #2)
  • The Duke Is But a Dream (Debutante Diaries, #2)
  • Once a Spy (Rogues Redeemed, #4)

The Ravenels (6 books)
  • Cold-Hearted Rake (The Ravenels, #1)
  • Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels, #2)
  • Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3)
  • Hello Stranger (The Ravenels, #4)
  • Devil's Daughter (The Ravenels, #5)

Articles featuring this book

Are you worried you've missed your perfect match? Your perfect romance novel match, that is. Don't worry; we're here for you. We've got ice cream,...
“I'm asking you to tell Lady Cassandra about my good qualities as well as the bad ones."
"What good qualities?" West inquired sharply.
Tom had to think for a moment. "How rich I am?”
12 likes
“Hearts don't start out frozen," Cassandra said wisely. "Something happened to you."
Mr. Severin gave her a slightly mocking glance. "How do you know so much about the heart?"
"I've read novels-" Cassandra began earnestly, and was disgruntled to hear his quiet laugh. "Many of them. You don't think a person can learn things from reading novels?"
"Nothing that actually applies to life." But the blue-green eyes contained a friendly sparkle, as if he found her charming.
"But life is what novels are about. A novel can contain more truth than a thousand newspaper articles or scientific papers. It can make you imagine, just for a little while, that you're someone else- and then you understand more about people who are different from you."
The way he listened to her was so very flattering, so careful and interested, as if he were collecting her words like flowers to be pressed in a book. "I stand corrected," he said. "I see I'll have to read one.”
12 likes